Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 6,284
Reply with quote  #61 
Go to hell twerp. You are the disgusting individual here. Your father is the one with the reprehensible daughter
__________________
#SCOTUS

Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,419
Reply with quote  #62 
You can try to use the "infringing on our constitutional rights" argument all you like, but the founding fathers, in their great understanding of human beings, made provisions for changing times and changing technologies. Just as the 2nd amendment is an alteration, there can be subsequent alterations.Knowing there should be no absolutes, we can make change through our lawmakers. I'm convinced that Jefferson, Washington, Madison, et al, would be disgusted by pointless killing of our children in schools so you could have an assault weapon to kill hogs and plunk tin cans off the fence. You are not in the majority and the NRA will continue to lose favor as they refuse to acknowledge even the most reasonable of gun laws. 
__________________

When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history. You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America...America will triumph over you.

TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 5,834
Reply with quote  #63 
Terp - if you ban the at-15, a dozen more will appear in its place.

I would not recommend this forum if you want rational, educated discourse from the left on gun control.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 27,118
Reply with quote  #64 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpAlum
Not-a-Coach, stop replying to me. The 'they' is me and a lot of women and girls who want gun control. You are a horrible role model. And you continue to try and bully those of us who are in an opposing party with your "democrat" label, which is a slur.

We are in the Democratic Party. I don't want your guns. But you can't control your boys (HS, college and young adult age) so I want the AR-15 banned. Our lives over your warlike guns. Simple as that. You will get nowhere with your lack of argument, all you have is just your phobia that something might happen some day if all states signed a constitutional amendment. Like that is for real.

BTW: The marches yesterday were filled with Democrats who have guns in their houses, so you are full of BS. They know that grabbing guns is just hyperbole, so good luck with that angle. You slur Dems and they surely ain't listening to you.

Your daughter has a reprehensible father. But again, we will outlive you and things will change for the better.


Phuck off biatch

__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 616
Reply with quote  #65 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpAlum
Not-a-Coach, stop replying to me. The 'they' is me and a lot of women and girls who want gun control. You are a horrible role model. And you continue to try and bully those of us who are in an opposing party with your "democrat" label, which is a slur.

We are in the Democratic Party. I don't want your guns. But you can't control your boys (HS, college and young adult age) so I want the AR-15 banned. Our lives over your warlike guns. Simple as that. You will get nowhere with your lack of argument, all you have is just your phobia that something might happen some day if all states signed a constitutional amendment. Like that is for real.

BTW: The marches yesterday were filled with Democrats who have guns in their houses, so you are full of BS. They know that grabbing guns is just hyperbole, so good luck with that angle. You slur Dems and they surely ain't listening to you.

Your daughter has a reprehensible father. But again, we will outlive you and things will change for the better.


You really are mentally weak aren't you?  Democrats want to grab guns, destroy the 1st, 2nd, and 4th amendments.  You prove it daily.  BTW, you charge me with a "lack of argument" and post this drivel?  Come on.  Instead of showing your ignorance on a daily basis, perhaps you could educate yourself some on firearms and discover that the AR-15 is hated due to look period!

Per your opinions about me as a coach, you wouldn't know a coach if one bit you on the ass.  

Per your opinions about me as a father, my dd was a 2 time All American.  She was a Scholastic All American.  She graduated top of her class from her university.  She now volunteers her time within the community as I do.  She is now coaching HS.  She turned out pretty good.  Many here followed her as she grew up and know her journey and mine.  So, there is that!



__________________
Those mountains in front of you will seem like little hills when you are beyond them and they are in the past!
BillSmith

Registered:
Posts: 6,751
Reply with quote  #66 
Quote:
You are not in the majority and the NRA will continue to lose favor as they refuse to acknowledge even the most reasonable of gun laws.


Fresh- There are plenty of 'reasonable gun laws'. It has been delineated here often that there are numerous laws already in place. Your argument of 'more' is spacious. Despite statics that prove otherwise, you and the others repeat the demand for 'more'. When asked why, no argument based on fact, merely 'more' rhetoric.

Comments such as this,

Quote:
...pointless killing of our children in schools so you could have an assault weapon to kill hogs and plunk tin cans off the fence.


are made without regard to the individuals who own firearms legally and jump through numerous unnecessary steps foisted on them by reactionary lawmakers. Outside of rare instances, the average NRA/firearm enthusiast is not the problem. All statistics bear out my assertion.

Again, some of our lawmakers have been the very conduit for weapons reaching the hands of criminals. Democratic lawmakers. Gun running directly, Leland Lee and indirectly, our erstwhile DoJ. Go turn in your 9mm if you feel it would make the youth of America safe. I'm keeping mine.

__________________
Sometimes you are the mole, sometimes the mushroom.
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 616
Reply with quote  #67 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
You can try to use the "infringing on our constitutional rights" argument all you like, but the founding fathers, in their great understanding of human beings, made provisions for changing times and changing technologies. Just as the 2nd amendment is an alteration, there can be subsequent alterations.Knowing there should be no absolutes, we can make change through our lawmakers. I'm convinced that Jefferson, Washington, Madison, et al, would be disgusted by pointless killing of our children in schools so you could have an assault weapon to kill hogs and plunk tin cans off the fence. You are not in the majority and the NRA will continue to lose favor as they refuse to acknowledge even the most reasonable of gun laws. 


I note that your outrage does not include outlawing alcohol.  More HS students die to drinking and driving than they do to gun violence at school.  Perhaps you can lead the charge for making alcohol illegal.  

__________________
Those mountains in front of you will seem like little hills when you are beyond them and they are in the past!
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 6,284
Reply with quote  #68 
What would he mix with his Oj in his mimosas
__________________
#SCOTUS

Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,419
Reply with quote  #69 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSmith


Fresh- There are plenty of 'reasonable gun laws'. It has been delineated here often that there are numerous laws already in place. Your argument of 'more' is spacious. Despite statics that prove otherwise, you and the others repeat the demand for 'more'. When asked why, no argument based on fact, merely 'more' rhetoric.

Comments such as this,



are made without regard to the individuals who own firearms legally and jump through numerous unnecessary steps foisted on them by reactionary lawmakers. Outside of rare instances, the average NRA/firearm enthusiast is not the problem. All statistics bear out my assertion.

Again, some of our lawmakers have been the very conduit for weapons reaching the hands of criminals. Democratic lawmakers. Gun running directly, Leland Lee and indirectly, our erstwhile DoJ. Go turn in your 9mm if you feel it would make the youth of America safe. I'm keeping mine.


1, 9mm will never get me excited. Not sure why anyone needs 20 though. You claim lawful gun owners are not responsible for the killings, then where do the guns come from that the criminals use? The father of that boy that used his dad's gun to kill his ex girlfriend needs to be held accountable. His negligence led to her death. Do you really think he has no responsibility? I want them to stay in the hands of those responsible individuals you speak of.

We need limitations on how fast one can fire rounds, how many rounds can be loaded at once and the caliber of the ammunition. I don't profess to be knowledgeable and will allow the experts decide what is overkill and unnecessary. 

While your interpretation of the 2nd amendment gives you the right to unlimited weapons, I think the term well-regulated had to have some reason for being inserted into the document. There is no training required. No educational requirements. Purchase as many and as large a caliber as you like......where is the regulation, further more the application of the term, well-regulated. It is insane to allow the needless killing to go on. 

__________________

When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history. You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America...America will triumph over you.

spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 6,284
Reply with quote  #70 
Libs like to pick which deaths are acceptable and which aren’t. Usually a direct correlation with wether it would negatively impact them or not
__________________
#SCOTUS

Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,419
Reply with quote  #71 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachB25


I note that your outrage does not include outlawing alcohol.  More HS students die to drinking and driving than they do to gun violence at school.  Perhaps you can lead the charge for making alcohol illegal.  


Alcohol is not made purely to kill people. The fact that it can, puts it in the same category as cigarettes, farm tractors, busses, airplanes, carnival rides....but all these things serve another primary purpose. The closest analogy I can make is drugs. Let a prescription pill bottle with your name on it get picked up in a drug raid and Lucy, you got some splainin to do. They require you to keep up with them. I ask the same of guns.

__________________

When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history. You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America...America will triumph over you.

BillSmith

Registered:
Posts: 6,751
Reply with quote  #72 

1, 9mm will never get me excited. Doesn't me either. Not sure why anyone needs 20 though. A collector. A competition sharpshooter. Someone with a large family. A 'prepper'. Etc. You claim lawful gun owners are not responsible for the killings, then where do the guns come from that the criminals use? I have repeatedly explained. You just take a pot shot with your assertion. I've give you two instances where many, many weapons were sold or made available to bad guys. Straw purchases by people sympathetic to gang members and drug cartels. Thousands of people illegally cross our borders. Kilos of illegal drugs come into our country. Why is it difficult for you to understand that legal gun owners are not responsible for the greater number of guns used by bad guys? The father of that boy that used his dad's gun to kill his ex girlfriend needs to be held accountable. His negligence led to her death. I am not familiar enough with the specifics of that case to assign blame. I do know the Florida situation had any number of red flags that were ignored.  Do you really think he has no responsibility? Again, I am not privy to enough research on my part nor actually trusting in what I could from afar. But I can say tragic situations will happen. Eliminating guns won't stop crazy ex-relationships from harming their former significant others. I want them to stay in the hands of those responsible individuals you speak of. And they do. In overwhelmingly significant numbers. Just as statistics show school shootings are down in number. Gun deaths of the nature we are discussing are declining. When these facts are posted by others, you continue to ignore the facts and ask for 'more laws'.

We need limitations on how fast one can fire rounds, That is already done. Rendering all weaponry available to the citizenry useless for self-defense is not a viable solution. how many rounds can be loaded at once and the caliber of the ammunition. Have addressed this before. Two phases to this. One, the popular copy-cat killer was a shooter in a tower or roof top with a sniper rifle. Crazy people have changed modus operandi. More students were killed with what you would consider an acceptable firearm. Two, shotguns would do more damage in the close quarters in the style of the most recent school shootings. The Florida shooter was using lesser capacity magazines. Caliber arguments are usually misguided as the speaker doesn't understand the vary thing he/she wants to ban. .223 is a smaller bullet. (The bullet is the business end of a cartridge.) I don't profess to be knowledgeable and will allow the experts decide what is overkill and unnecessary. But not the NRA? Which contains knowledgeable and rational people. Responsible citizens who do know the capability of firearms and can recommend safe procedures for everything form training to storage.

While your interpretation of the 2nd amendment gives you the right to unlimited weapons, Not unlimited, but commensurate to the task the Constitution dictates of me as part of the citizenry. I think the term well-regulated had to have some reason for being inserted into the document.It was and is simple AND explained here often. In the event the nation was threatened by invaders or--and here's the real reason--by a tyrannical government that is our own, then the citizens would be expected to band together with their personal weapons. Not hunting rifles, limited or bastardized firearms and insufficient numbers of ammunition and weapons.  There is no training required. Again, your lack of knowledge of the current laws. No educational requirements. More of same. Purchase as many and as large a caliber as you like And again...as I explained earlier, the caliber of the rifle most often vilified is a small caliber round--.223  ......where is the regulation, There are plenty. Rules don't stop rule breakers.  further more the application of the term, well-regulated. Semantics misapplied. It is insane to allow the needless killing to go on. Agreed and in the Florida shooting, many of the very people you expect to protect school children failed miserably. 

Have offered the real method that would make schools safe. No one that is prompting the kids in these marches to ask for what really would help. They should ask,

"Why is the airline industry protected in greater fashion than us?"

In rapid fashion, after 9/11, our airports were locked down and protected. If all the gun owners in America turned in their firearms, it would not protect our nation's youth better than the effort made to protect...air travel. 

Solve real problems with real solutions. Not uniformed knee-jerk attempts to sooth rather than really solve.


__________________
Sometimes you are the mole, sometimes the mushroom.
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 616
Reply with quote  #73 
Firearms are not made to purely kill people!

Gun use:

  1. Protect home and family.
  2. Shooting competitions not limited to but including trap and skeet.
  3. Hunting various game from rabbits to moose and more. 
  4. Law enforcement. 
You assert that they only exist to kill people?  Really?  

__________________
Those mountains in front of you will seem like little hills when you are beyond them and they are in the past!
woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,175
Reply with quote  #74 
The fact is, there are some really bad people out there. They don't care about laws, manners, good behavior, community, education, faith, or anything else. They feed on the people they consider weak. They rob, steal, and kill if someone stands in their way. They don't care about gun laws, or gun victims, or how society can come to terms with gun violence, or have socialist funded political rallies to ban guns, nor politics in general. Those things don't matter to them, because they don't have any affect on their lives. They only understand extreme violence, and the threat of being imprisoned for life, and some of them don't care about that either. Nothing else matters to them. They don't have any moral compass. I know, and knew some people that were dead enders. Out of all of them, I only know of a few that survived that lifestyle, and are now family men. They weren't working a job for a living, they were gang banging, selling drugs, and robbing people, businesses, and banks. The one thing they all told me was they didn't even attempt to rob, or mess with people they thought were armed. They also didn't get into any type of confrontation with police. They picked easy marks, and did what they wanted. They picked their victims by profiling them. People that would more than likely be carrying a weapon were avoided.
__________________
Jane you ignorant slut. Keep your booger hook of the bang switch, you stupid Socialist. 

Beer me Hippie. I feel more like I do now, than when I first got here.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 12,076
Reply with quote  #75 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh


Alcohol is not made purely to kill people. The fact that it can, puts it in the same category as cigarettes, farm tractors, busses, airplanes, carnival rides....but all these things serve another primary purpose. The closest analogy I can make is drugs. Let a prescription pill bottle with your name on it get picked up in a drug raid and Lucy, you got some splainin to do. They require you to keep up with them. I ask the same of guns.


So you would put abortion in the same category as guns?  I wouldn't.  There are other uses for guns besides killing people.

But with abortion, its sole purpose is to kill babies.

__________________
Will I Wynn is a poster who used to go by the name of Dewey.  He used to criticize people who did that.
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,419
Reply with quote  #76 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachB25
Firearms are not made to purely kill people!

Gun use:

  1. Protect home and family. By waving it in front of the intruder? Your threat is from it's ability to maim or kill him. 
  2. Shooting competitions not limited to but including trap and skeet. That's one use. How many student lives is it worth? How often ar AR-15's used for this purpose. Does it require 40 shot magazines? Let the promoters provide the weapons. There are alternatives. 
  3. Hunting various game from rabbits to moose and more. Hunting is obviously legitimate. How often ar AR-15's used for this purpose. Does it require 40 shot magazines? 
  4. Law enforcement. Well regulated, militia applies here. I'm all over it.
You assert that they only exist to kill people?  Really?  My use of the exaggerated point was for impact. Replace only with primarily. 

__________________

When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history. You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America...America will triumph over you.

CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 616
Reply with quote  #77 
Fresh, wow again.  The threat of a gun in a home to protect a family is often enough for a criminal to run.  Sure you need to be able to kill with it.  The goal is to not have to kill which is just the opposite of your point.  WRT shooting competitions, you must be ignorant of the various competitions out there.  In fact, in our area, we have huge gun ranges to the North and South of where I live.  People flock in to shoot which helps our economy besides providing a recreational event.  AR-15s are a hunting rifle and the equivalent of many other rifles.  The difference is you refuse to acknowledge that it is hated due to its looks.  In my family, an AR-15 is used to hunt hogs.  A hand gun can do exactly the same but you would ban those as well.  

Now back to cars.  They  kill more people in more ways.  Don't be a hypocrite and say that one is made for "good" use and the other for "bad" use. Both are simply instruments that are controlled by humans.  Both kill.

In 2016, 10,497 people died in drunk driving crashes – one every 50 minutes – and 290,000 were injured in drunk driving crashes.


__________________
Those mountains in front of you will seem like little hills when you are beyond them and they are in the past!
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,969
Reply with quote  #78 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpAlum
"You would not need metal detectors, clear backpacks and more weapons in our streets if there weren't weapons of war in the hands of civilians." Alex Wind, Parkland student

Point of the day.

Two of these young women from Parkland in particular are not pissed because someone broke a finger nail, but because their friends died right next to them, and they themselves had bullets in their legs and shrapnel in their face.

But they will get the last laugh (and an eventual ban on AR-15s) because they will outlive you. Emma and David are the heros, while old codgers here show their utter lack of decency. Again your daughters have reprehensible fathers. My father was always my role model on what's honorable, and in a disgusting contrast, you guys are utterly sick.


what weapons of war do civilians own?
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,969
Reply with quote  #79 
OK, I give.  Is it a slur or isn't it?


Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpAlum
Not-a-Coach, stop replying to me ..........with your "democrat" label, which is a slur.

.......The marches yesterday were filled with Democrats who have guns in their houses.......
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,969
Reply with quote  #80 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
....refuse to acknowledge even the most reasonable of gun laws. 


Like?
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 12,076
Reply with quote  #81 
Fresh - you have said that a gun owner should be held accountable if his or her weapon is used in the commission of a crime.

The Pulse Nightclub shooter's father, an FBI informant, assured authorities that his son was no radical.  No doubt, that played a role in allowing the gunman to execute his plan.

Should the father also be held accountable for the actions of his son?

__________________
Will I Wynn is a poster who used to go by the name of Dewey.  He used to criticize people who did that.
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,969
Reply with quote  #82 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec


if someone steals your car and kills someone with it, should you be punished?  Your answer was "cars aren't made to kill people".  That is a cop out.  This is the same circumstance.

What if someone picks up a brick off your homesite, and hits someone in the head with it and kills them?  Should you be fined?

What is someone steals one of your bats from your team bag, and bashes the umpire in the head with it?  Are you responsible for that?


spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 6,284
Reply with quote  #83 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
OK, I give.  Is it a slur or isn't it?



Hahahaha
The Democrats tried to change their name so they sound better to their low info voters who are the same ones that think we are a Democracy, hence the change to “democratic “

__________________
#SCOTUS

CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 616
Reply with quote  #84 
I am feeling kind of mean so, -- Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat,Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat,Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat,Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat,Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat,Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat,Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat,Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat,Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat,Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat,Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat,

I feel better now that I have slurred the Democrats.  (There I go again!)

__________________
Those mountains in front of you will seem like little hills when you are beyond them and they are in the past!
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 1,917
Reply with quote  #85 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/05/13/is-the-united-states-of-america-a-republic-or-a-democracy/?utm_term=.bf937b484741
__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.

Obama -  "When I say if you have your plan and you like it, and your doctor has a plan -- or you have a doctor and you like your doctor, that you don't have to change plans, what I'm saying is the government is not going to make you change plans under health reform."

I'm with both Obama and Trump on congressional authorization for bombing Syria.  Too bad one was giving his word while one was giving us a head fake.


spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 6,284
Reply with quote  #86 
The only line that mattters.
“The United States is not a direct democracy, in the sense of a country in which laws (and other government decisions) are made predominantly by majority vote. ”

I wonder what the percentage of Dewey’s links actually wind up not supporting his statements. I guess 60-75%

__________________
#SCOTUS

keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 27,118
Reply with quote  #87 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazsdad
The only line that mattters.
“The United States is not a direct democracy, in the sense of a country in which laws (and other government decisions) are made predominantly by majority vote. ”

I wonder what the percentage of Dewey’s links actually wind up not supporting his statements. I guess 60-75%

At least 95%

__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,175
Reply with quote  #88 
If we were a Democracy, no gay marriage, no abortion, no immigration, no school integration. Watch what you are thinking Dewey. A representative Republic prevents the majority from infringing on the rights of the minority. You did read that somewhere in your 6 weeks of high school civics classes, didn't you?
__________________
Jane you ignorant slut. Keep your booger hook of the bang switch, you stupid Socialist. 

Beer me Hippie. I feel more like I do now, than when I first got here.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.