Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
KYBandit

Registered:
Posts: 373
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonBear15
Ball didn't hit the dirt.


Sure looked like it live...friends at home thought it did as well...but they were all half drunk at the bar so they may have been a little off.
HoustonBear15

Registered:
Posts: 169
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYBandit


What throw are you talking about??

The one where the CF threw out the runner on a hit up the middle even though she rounded by what maybe 5 to 7 feet...and that video shows she was clearly safe on?

A good scouting report would show that Scroggins loves to throw to first from centerfield and does it all of the time. If you give her any kind of space, she's going to try to throw you out. Her arm and her range is the reason she was the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year. The ump made a good call as the ball and tag clearly beat her to the base.
HoustonBear15

Registered:
Posts: 169
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYBandit


Sure looked like it live...friends at home thought it did as well...but they were all half drunk at the bar so they may have been a little off.

I watched it on tv and just went back and watched it right now just to make sure. It was definitely close but Baylor catcher got it before it hit the ground. Both announcers agreed that it was a clean catch.
KYBandit

Registered:
Posts: 373
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonBear15
A good scouting report would show that Scroggins loves to throw to first from centerfield and does it all of the time. If you give her any kind of space, she's going to try to throw you out. Her arm and her range is the reason she was the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year. The ump made a good call as the ball and tag clearly beat her to the base.


Gotcha, I see how this works...All the close calls that benefited Baylor were called correctly..

I was there so haven't seen either on replay...But I agree the ball beat her and Live I thought she was out as well.  The runner did stand up and start saying she didn't tag her and no less than 4 people texted me saying the tag was missed.  


KYBandit

Registered:
Posts: 373
Reply with quote  #35 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonBear15
I watched it on tv and just went back and watched it right now just to make sure. It was definitely close but Baylor catcher got it before it hit the ground. Both announcers agreed that it was a clean catch.


Really not trying to argue, but both had to be really really close.

KYBandit

Registered:
Posts: 373
Reply with quote  #36 
For argument sake let's say the ball did hit the ground...live I thought immediately the catcher threw the ball in the air...It happened to go near Baylor's dugout.. Players came out and the celebration began right near where the ball landed.  The JMU runner on first scored...would they have sent her back to 2nd or 3rd and called a dead ball?

Again, if it didn't hit it didn't just wondering what the rule would be..

outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 883
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYBandit


What throw are you talking about??

The one where the CF threw out the runner on a hit up the middle even though she rounded by what maybe 5 to 7 feet...and that video shows she was clearly safe on?


Ye that one & houstonbear called it correctlly...scouting that team would show why she's Defensive Player of the Year. And there's nobody in the CAA could make that throw let alone consider trying it. 

Can you not be objective? for once? and the whole my friends texted me and said she was safe...come on Bandit. When the team with one of the highest team batting avg in the nation get's no hit...getting thrown behind is least of the worries. 

And subbing somebody for Alexander on that last bat might have been a consideration also. She's a Freshman and was 0-6 against Baylor to that point. Experience counts for something. 

On another note. Apparently the JMU AD was pretty confident they would be hosting a Regional. Temporary bleachers installed. 
KYBandit

Registered:
Posts: 373
Reply with quote  #38 
Ok can we start a poll...This pic isn't the best but what are the odds this ball did not hit the ground??

Displaying IMG951007.jpg
SSC

Registered:
Posts: 11
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonBear15
I watched it on tv and just went back and watched it right now just to make sure. It was definitely close but Baylor catcher got it before it hit the ground. Both announcers agreed that it was a clean catch.


I don't know the rule, but I just re-watched it and slowed it down.  I'm 100% sure it hit the ground before hitting the mitt.  I don't know if that is the rule though.  
KYBandit

Registered:
Posts: 373
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


Ye that one & houstonbear called it correctlly...scouting that team would show why she's Defensive Player of the Year. And there's nobody in the CAA could make that throw let alone consider trying it. 

Can you not be objective? for once? and the whole my friends texted me and said she was safe...come on Bandit. When the team with one of the highest team batting avg in the nation get's no hit...getting thrown behind is least of the worries. 

And subbing somebody for Alexander on that last bat might have been a consideration also. She's a Freshman and was 0-6 against Baylor to that point. Experience counts for something. 

On another note. Apparently the JMU AD was pretty confident they would be hosting a Regional. Temporary bleachers installed. 


I am sitting it here watching it right now and I sure as heck think she is safe...and I thought she was out live...So is that objective enough???

You are right no one in the CAA does...but Mercer who is 164 in the RPI tried about 4 times on us they game they beat us in FL...She wasn't as successful as the Baylor girl but let's not act like you have to wear a cap to throw behind the runner.

And the same friend who texted me she was safe was the same one that sent me the pick below...I guess you do not think that bounced either?
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 883
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYBandit
Ok can we start a poll...This pic isn't the best but what are the odds this ball did not hit the ground??

Displaying IMG951007.jpg


I agree..looks like half ball one hopped into glove.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,277
Reply with quote  #42 
That image not showing for me
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 883
Reply with quote  #43 
go to espn replay, at 1:31 mark
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,277
Reply with quote  #44 
Absolutely comes off the ground. Wow
redsoxjbf

Registered:
Posts: 68
Reply with quote  #45 
I was watching on my phone driving down the highway admittedly, and admittedly am a former Duke parent and a friend of KYBandit, But......my very first reaction when the play happened was.....why did the catcher not tag her when the ball quite obviously hit the ground first?"   I might be wrong but that is what I saw when it happened.      Baylor was the better team and deserved to win but wow I think they missed that play.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,277
Reply with quote  #46 
Agree
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 883
Reply with quote  #47 
Could JMU have appealed to a field Umpire on whether the ball hit the ground or not? 
KYBandit

Registered:
Posts: 373
Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone
Could JMU have appealed to a field Umpire on whether the ball hit the ground or not? 


I believe they did...After the batter finally made it to first...Runner scored...Dean ran in...Home plate ran to first base ump...Very brief talk, they raised hand batter out.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.