Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 5 of 27     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
woody

Registered:
Posts: 8,248
Reply with quote  #121 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSmith

woody-

I took exception to your statement that, "...almost all of the Middle Eastern nations, could be termed as "Tribal" in nature..." , making the conclusion,  "therefore remain non evolved as societies, since times inception."

You know what you've heard, read & have been told in anecdotal fashion. We'll have to disagree about the depth of the effect of tribal traditions and "all most all of the Middle East" being "non-evolved". That's not my experience.

Oh, OK, now I see what stuck in your craw. It wasn't "tribal", it was "non-evolved". All cultures have have different societal morals, and customs, that goes without saying. However, cultures that treat women as chattel, allow older men to marry 12 year old's, honor kill their daughters after they are raped, will not allow women to drive, or hold certain jobs, don't allow girls to attend school, and kill them if they do, require women to wear Burkas, and stone adulterers, and homosexuals in the streets, and slaughter innocent people that do not practice religion in the manner they demand, are, well, non-evolved to put it mildly.


__________________
Anarcho Capitalism. Get some, and no you can't have any of my money to live off of you Socialist Democrat.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
BillSmith

Registered:
Posts: 6,558
Reply with quote  #122 

woody-

You and I have more in common than share disparate views. That said,

"...cultures that treat women as chattel, allow older men to marry 12 year old's, honor kill their daughters after they are raped, will not allow women to drive, or hold certain jobs, don't allow girls to attend school, and kill them if they do, require women to wear Burkas, and stone adulterers, and homosexuals in the streets, and slaughter innocent people that do not practice religion in the manner they demand, are, well, non-evolved to put it mildly."

Know thy enemy. Viewed from afar, the United States has a multi-billion dollar pornography industry, women wear clothing that exposes them to the sun, thus risking cancer and future genetic defects in their off-spring, rising opinion suggests that homosexuals should not marry & teach school, older men do worse (Sandusky and the Catholic pirates), media circus depicts murder/suicides of escalated domestic violence and as far as slaughtering innocent people...well, we are at least more sophisticated, as drones do our work.

From their seat, NASCAR ain't any different than camel races. Then again, sand jockeys cover their neck.

Names change, but the song remains the same:


Sting - Russians (Live) by goldrausch

__________________
Bill Smith
West Bay Nuggets
NorCal Women's Fastpitch Summer League
info: nuggetsoftball@aol.com

Sometimes you are the mole, sometimes the mushroom.
ForeverInBlue

Registered:
Posts: 9,778
Reply with quote  #123 
It's hard to imagine that anyone of reasonable intelligence would argue that the recognition an individual's right to self determination is not a step forward in the evolution of human society.
__________________
#MakeDCListen #End Socialism #NoDems #2016 #ForAmerica
woody

Registered:
Posts: 8,248
Reply with quote  #124 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSmith

woody-

You and I have more in common than share disparate views. That said,

"...cultures that treat women as chattel, allow older men to marry 12 year old's, honor kill their daughters after they are raped, will not allow women to drive, or hold certain jobs, don't allow girls to attend school, and kill them if they do, require women to wear Burkas, and stone adulterers, and homosexuals in the streets, and slaughter innocent people that do not practice religion in the manner they demand, are, well, non-evolved to put it mildly."

Know thy enemy. Viewed from afar, the United States has a multi-billion dollar pornography industry, women wear clothing that exposes them to the sun, thus risking cancer and future genetic defects in their off-spring, rising opinion suggests that homosexuals should not marry & teach school, older men do worse (Sandusky and the Catholic pirates), media circus depicts murder/suicides of escalated domestic violence and as far as slaughtering innocent people...well, we are at least more sophisticated, as drones do our work.

From their seat, NASCAR ain't any different than camel races. Then again, sand jockeys cover their neck.

Names change, but the song remains the same:


Sting - Russians (Live) by goldrausch


Bill, you equate the porn industry, skin cancer, and pedophiles in our society, with cultures that purposefully, and savagely kill innocent people, because of their religion, sexual preference, and kill women for family honor?  On these points, we are worlds apart. Many of these cultures are not just tribal, but brutal, non evolved societies. I see no reason to sugar coat it, and try to understand their "special" culture. They behave brutally, and people take notice of this behavior. It tends to set them apart from advanced societies. Their own brutal tribalism, and grudge violence between families, has anchored their cultures to the third world, and prevents any of the intelligent among them, from advancing their society. 

__________________
Anarcho Capitalism. Get some, and no you can't have any of my money to live off of you Socialist Democrat.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
BillSmith

Registered:
Posts: 6,558
Reply with quote  #125 

woody, You and I are not in disagreement about segments of those cultures being brutal. Do I think peoples as you describe are "evolved"? No, I do not. However, "almost all of the Middle East" is not of this mind frame.

More importantly, those that do think as you describe look at us as just as brutal, forcing the lifestyle of infidels on them with military might. Unless you can alter their viewpoint, you will have to kill them all to enforce your will.

Which might be viewed as brutal and less a solution of an evolved society.


__________________
Bill Smith
West Bay Nuggets
NorCal Women's Fastpitch Summer League
info: nuggetsoftball@aol.com

Sometimes you are the mole, sometimes the mushroom.
TheHammer

Registered:
Posts: 11,135
Reply with quote  #126 
Bill you have to realize that only a max of 20% of the people of those countries are educated and want to become like the US.
But 80% are tribal with no education and consider all non-moslem as devils and have no clue what democracy is.
so for America to become involved in those countries is only trouble, look at Iraq, Afghanistan, libya and Egypt.
we are lucky that we are not involved in Iran, a country that is governed by the British.
so the best way for us is to get out of those countries and let more dictators to take over and stop those killings.
slideby7

Registered:
Posts: 818
Reply with quote  #127 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHammer
Bill you have to realize that only a max of 20% of the people of those countries are educated and want to become like the US.
But 80% are tribal with no education and consider all non-moslem as devils and have no clue what democracy is.
so for America to become involved in those countries is only trouble, look at Iraq, Afghanistan, libya and Egypt.
we are lucky that we are not involved in Iran, a country that is governed by the British.
so the best way for us is to get out of those countries and let more dictators to take over and stop those killings.



Mr. Hammer, Will you please explain this.
BillSmith

Registered:
Posts: 6,558
Reply with quote  #128 

Hammer-

I know your ethnicity and familiarity with the region. Is it your contention that Libya and Egypt are, "...only a max of 20% of the people of those countries are educated." and "...Iran, a country that is governed by the British"? Today? September 16, 2012?



__________________
Bill Smith
West Bay Nuggets
NorCal Women's Fastpitch Summer League
info: nuggetsoftball@aol.com

Sometimes you are the mole, sometimes the mushroom.
woody

Registered:
Posts: 8,248
Reply with quote  #129 
Bill, judging by the "Armada" of US, and British Naval forces massing off the Coast of Iran, they may, very well be governed by someone other than a group of Fanatics in the near future. Perhaps Hammer was speaking of the British campaigns in Afghanistan in the 1800's. I had read is was to quell tribal factions, and limit Russian influence in the region. Sounded like a land grab to me. Why anyone, the British included, saw any value in Afghanistan, other than the Opium trade is beyond me.
__________________
Anarcho Capitalism. Get some, and no you can't have any of my money to live off of you Socialist Democrat.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
BillSmith

Registered:
Posts: 6,558
Reply with quote  #130 
woody-

I've met Hammer. He's not THAT old.

Agree that if the leaders of Iraq refuse to curb their desire to become nuclear, they will find those that have will rain on their reign.

__________________
Bill Smith
West Bay Nuggets
NorCal Women's Fastpitch Summer League
info: nuggetsoftball@aol.com

Sometimes you are the mole, sometimes the mushroom.
TheHammer

Registered:
Posts: 11,135
Reply with quote  #131 
Bill, thanks for your complement,
you are correct i am only 39 like Jack Benny.
BillSmith

Registered:
Posts: 6,558
Reply with quote  #132 
OK, since I'm not making headway in attempts to relate my contrary perceptions, here's a list of undisputable facts regarding religious tolerance:

1. Muslims do not recognize Jews as God's chosen people.

2. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.

3. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christianworld.

4. Baptists do not recognize each other at Hooters.

__________________
Bill Smith
West Bay Nuggets
NorCal Women's Fastpitch Summer League
info: nuggetsoftball@aol.com

Sometimes you are the mole, sometimes the mushroom.
slideby7

Registered:
Posts: 818
Reply with quote  #133 
Mr. Smith, 2-5 don't slit their throats.
whocares

Registered:
Posts: 190
Reply with quote  #134 
I think Obama should go to Libya and become a community organizer. Take Joe,Nancy,Harry,and a few of his czars and set up a few Acorn offices. He might be able to raise some campaign money/ After all,they are not mad at him,they are just mad about some movie.  Right    I heard today that they dragged the Ambassador's body thru the streets. The first person that went over the Embassy wall should still be lying at the bottom of it. That is the only law they know. It is shame but it looks like that there were more than just a few extremist's on hand to do the dirty work. To them it is like a football game.They cut someone's throat and everyone cheers like it's a touch down. Don't call them animals,because it gives animals a bad name. Animals eat what they kill, so we need to come up with a name for them so we can declare war against them. How many Americans have to be killed to declare war?
__________________
Whocares
BillSmith

Registered:
Posts: 6,558
Reply with quote  #135 
Mr. Smith, 2-5 don't slit their throats.

slideby7-

2. The Mossad.

3. The IRA.

4. It was a joke.

5. There is/was no #5.

__________________
Bill Smith
West Bay Nuggets
NorCal Women's Fastpitch Summer League
info: nuggetsoftball@aol.com

Sometimes you are the mole, sometimes the mushroom.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #136 
Bill - I think #4 could count as two, if you know what I mean.
slideby7

Registered:
Posts: 818
Reply with quote  #137 
Mr. Smith, forgive my typo of a #5.  I find it sad that you really believe there is an equivalency, that said, there is nothing more I can say.
BillSmith

Registered:
Posts: 6,558
Reply with quote  #138 

Dewey- I was at a tennis buying show where a small shop owner from the mid-west was sitting across the table from a buxom sales lady. Whenever she asked, "And how many of the blue?" He'd say, "Two." When his wife saw the invoice and asked, "What did you do?", I so wanted to say...

slideby7- Apparently you can't type or follow my train of thought. At least you see the falacy of Hammer's assertions. There's hope!


__________________
Bill Smith
West Bay Nuggets
NorCal Women's Fastpitch Summer League
info: nuggetsoftball@aol.com

Sometimes you are the mole, sometimes the mushroom.
TheHammer

Registered:
Posts: 11,135
Reply with quote  #139 
Bill what do you expect of a young fun guy.
his assertions will always be a FALLACY.
slideby7

Registered:
Posts: 818
Reply with quote  #140 
Mr. Smith, Maybe typo was a poor choice of words, actually I simply set in my mind that there were five items and not four listed.  I know that is a really significant issue so stay with it.  You would probably be shocked to learn how many others that post in this forum can't follow your train of thought.

BillSmith

Registered:
Posts: 6,558
Reply with quote  #141 
Is there a BillSmith thread club? Poor folks, I do write in amibiguous fashion quite often. Sometimes for others to read between the lines, other times in attempt at humor.

While some sidebars have taken place, let's reduce things back to their simple beginning. The Middle East is more "evolved" than depicted here in this thread. Period. End of my train of thought.

Until I reread your post...second sentence seems to indicate that you would rather me stay with the significant issue mentioned in your opening comment. Or am I having trouble following your train of thought?


__________________
Bill Smith
West Bay Nuggets
NorCal Women's Fastpitch Summer League
info: nuggetsoftball@aol.com

Sometimes you are the mole, sometimes the mushroom.
slideby7

Registered:
Posts: 818
Reply with quote  #142 
Mr. Smith,
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSmith
Is there a BillSmith thread club? Maybe there should be. Poor folks, I do write in amibiguous fashion True dat quite often. Sometimes for others to read between the lines, Fail other times in attempt at humor.  Fail

While some sidebars have taken place, let's reduce things back to their simple beginning. The Middle East is more "evolved" than depicted here in this thread. Your opinion and respected Period. End of my train of thought.

Until I reread your post...second sentence seems to indicate that you would rather me stay with the significant issue mentioned in your opening comment. Or am I having trouble following your train of thought?  Perfect, my trains of thought are easy to follow.

BillSmith

Registered:
Posts: 6,558
Reply with quote  #143 

slideby7-

Let's see if I can reverse my failure rate. Would you be able to follow me if I close with...

Sincerely,

Winston


__________________
Bill Smith
West Bay Nuggets
NorCal Women's Fastpitch Summer League
info: nuggetsoftball@aol.com

Sometimes you are the mole, sometimes the mushroom.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 21,384
Reply with quote  #144 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by POV
At a time when American's should stand together in support of our country,  Romney has chosen to use this tradegy and the death of one our diplomats to feather his own nest.


Does this really surprise anyone?  


POV, qualifies as a post.  If he didn't speak on the matter then some dumbazz on this forum would ask "Why isn't Romney talking?".  Never ending laughter on this board


Now we know why Romney was talking, he knew more than the POTUS.  Is this what oblamer was talking about?  A private citizen, especially one running for president, can't wonder why 4 Americans were murdered and have an opinion about it??

Nice derailment of this thread.  Deceive, Deflect, Deny

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 21,384
Reply with quote  #145 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61
DC - what is your opinion on what happened to our Ambassador and what should be our response?


pabar, I know you said bye for a minute but it doesn't look like you ever got an answer to this question. 

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
ForeverInBlue

Registered:
Posts: 9,778
Reply with quote  #146 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by POV
At a time when American's should stand together in support of our country,  Romney has chosen to use this tradegy and the death of one our diplomats to feather his own nest.


Does this really surprise anyone?  


POV, qualifies as a post.  If he didn't speak on the matter then some dumbazz on this forum would ask "Why isn't Romney talking?".  Never ending laughter on this board


Now we know why Romney was talking, he knew more than the POTUS.  Is this what oblamer was talking about?  A private citizen, especially one running for president, can't wonder why 4 Americans were murdered and have an opinion about it??

Nice derailment of this thread.  Deceive, Deflect, Deny


Romney is critical of how Obama handled the situation, as all Americans should be, particularly the failure to provide adequate security as had been requested by the Ambassador, and the lies Obama put out for almost out two weeks. Foreign policy failures of this magnitude are definitely worth discussing, moreso now during an election when change can be made to better protect our interests.

__________________
#MakeDCListen #End Socialism #NoDems #2016 #ForAmerica
10er

Registered:
Posts: 786
Reply with quote  #147 
Cutter tells Bret Baier that the only reason we are talking about Libya & its being investigated is fault of Romney & Ryan.
She talked over & at Bret, she might be more disgusting than Wasserman, she would not shut up. You could see from his eyes he wanted to say, lady you are out of control & would you mind shutting about. She;s same one said Romney was a felon & never did apologize for it.

__________________
big 10-#1
masare

Registered:
Posts: 2,642
Reply with quote  #148 
"....change can be made to better protect our interests"

And the change agent thinks war is the answer!
ForeverInBlue

Registered:
Posts: 9,778
Reply with quote  #149 
Quote:
Originally Posted by masare
"....change can be made to better protect our interests"

And the change agent thinks war is the answer!


Who said war is the answer?
Our Ambassador thought a bit more security was a good idea.
Obama didn't think so. Cost the Ambassador his life.

__________________
#MakeDCListen #End Socialism #NoDems #2016 #ForAmerica
ForeverInBlue

Registered:
Posts: 9,778
Reply with quote  #150 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10er
Cutter tells Bret Baier that the only reason we are talking about Libya & its being investigated is fault of Romney & Ryan.
She talked over & at Bret, she might be more disgusting than Wasserman, she would not shut up. You could see from his eyes he wanted to say, lady you are out of control & would you mind shutting about. She;s same one said Romney was a felon & never did apologize for it.


The people surrounding Obama are really crazy. It's little wonder he thinks he's doing a good job.

__________________
#MakeDCListen #End Socialism #NoDems #2016 #ForAmerica
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation: