Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
DunninLA

Registered:
Posts: 4,921
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddawg


Then again, the Huskies haven't won a really challenging contest for about 7 or 8 weeks. 
that's a good point.  It also shoots down the notion that the Selection Committee uses momentum in their seeding decisions.   Were they to have used Momentum, UDub wouldn't have been seeded #5, as their true seeding based on last month's performance would not even have been a Supers host.

__________________
qui tacet consentire videtur
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,043
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Janie... what is the latest on Ashleigh Hughes? Is she legitimately out for the season?

Can she even pinch run with a foot-first slide requirement?



It's her finger that's broken from the slide and on the last video interview I saw with her, she said she wasn't quite there yet but as soon as she feels confident, she is out there.  It would be nice if she were ready for this weekend...and, if Az actually wins their regional, for sure ready for the Bruins.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,548
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4AU


This is true. I don’t want to be too keen on picking State after their horrible showing in Salt Lake City last year. I feel they have the potential if Arizona is off, but State laying an egg out West wouldn’t be shocking.


Nor would it be the first time (see trip to Eugene).
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,018
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunninLA
that's a good point.  It also shoots down the notion that the Selection Committee uses momentum in their seeding decisions.   Were they to have used Momentum, UDub wouldn't have been seeded #5, as their true seeding based on last month's performance would not even have been a Supers host.
witness utah last year
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,734
Reply with quote  #35 
My top 3 regionals that I could see getting upset are as followed:

1. Kentucky (Michigan)
2. Georgia (Cal/Northwestern)
3. Washington (Minnesota)
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 1,664
Reply with quote  #36 
<< My top 3 regionals that I could see getting upset are as followed: 
1. Kentucky (Michigan) 
2. Georgia (Cal/Northwestern) 
3. Washington (Minnesota)  >> (Sec fan91)

I'd add these 3 to your list - as possible upsets...

Baylor over Texas A&M
Oklahoma State over Arkansas
Auburn over Florida State
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,734
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryLouisAaron
<< My top 3 regionals that I could see getting upset are as followed: 
1. Kentucky (Michigan) 
2. Georgia (Cal/Northwestern) 
3. Washington (Minnesota)  >> (Sec fan91)

I'd add these 3 to your list - as possible upsets...

Baylor over Texas A&M
Oklahoma State over Arkansas
Auburn over Florida State


I can agree with those, except for Arkansas. If Deifel knows what’s good for her, Haff needs to throw against OK State. If Storms throws, then I could see that happening.

I can see Auburn getting past FSU. That would be interesting.

IMO for Baylor to do that, they need to win what we would assume to be their winners bracket game Saturday. I don’t think they have a shot in a double header.
Tigers334

Registered:
Posts: 347
Reply with quote  #38 
As much as I’d love to see Auburn pull it off, I am pretty nervous about game 1. Kennesaw St. was very competitive in the regular season match up and they have a very solid pitcher, which is always an adventure with our offense. I am just hoping Kaylee and Mak are back on their game. They have struggled some in their last few outings.
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,734
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334
As much as I’d love to see Auburn pull it off, I am pretty nervous about game 1. Kennesaw St. was very competitive in the regular season match up and they have a very solid pitcher, which is always an adventure with our offense. I am just hoping Kaylee and Mak are back on their game. They have struggled some in their last few outings.


I think the Tigers will be fine as far as KSU goes.
nstinson

Registered:
Posts: 218
Reply with quote  #40 
Bumping this. Who is keeping up with all these games so they can post surprising outcomes from the regional matches?
d4cohn

Registered:
Posts: 40
Reply with quote  #41 
Only mild upsets so far. Biggest "upset" of the day was McNeese beating Baylor, but McNeese was dominating that game 8-0 before Baylor comeback.

Biggest one so far might be if score holds in Tucson. Miss State losing to North Dakota State 1-0 in the 3rd.

Wisconsin just finished off dominant 8th inning to pull away from Oregon State 9-3.
john3298

Registered:
Posts: 35
Reply with quote  #42 
Upsets today (at least according to seeding):
-Northwestern over Cal 
-Wisconsin over Oregon St
-Notre Dame over Michigan
-Liberty over Hofstra
-Ole Miss over Long Beach
-Wichita St over Oklahoma St
-Tulsa over Missouri 
-McNeese over Baylor 
nstinson

Registered:
Posts: 218
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4cohn

Biggest one so far might be if score holds in Tucson. Miss State losing to North Dakota State 1-0 in the 3rd.


We know how that is...
nstinson

Registered:
Posts: 218
Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3298
Upsets today (at least according to seeding):
-Northwestern over Cal 
-Wisconsin over Oregon St
-Notre Dame over Michigan
-Liberty over Hofstra
-Ole Miss over Long Beach
-Wichita St over Oklahoma St
-Tulsa over Missouri 
-McNeese over Baylor 


Thanks. Keep it coming 😉
john3298

Registered:
Posts: 35
Reply with quote  #45 
Houston over ULL
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,018
Reply with quote  #46 
Houston tops ULL to continue the Puerto Vallarta perfection.

If somehow Texas can top Minnesota, teams from that event this year will be 5-0 in the NCAAs
john3298

Registered:
Posts: 35
Reply with quote  #47 
Fullerton over TX St
LCITSH

Registered:
Posts: 2,724
Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3298
Houston over LA


Not really an upset. Neither team has an offense, but somebody has to score.

__________________
Terrell S. Hebert
Louisiana USSSA Church Coordinator
john3298

Registered:
Posts: 35
Reply with quote  #49 
Well this seems to be the year of the #3 seeds cuz Texas just beat Minnesota 
d4cohn

Registered:
Posts: 40
Reply with quote  #50 
Just when Miss State had cut it to one, back to back mental mistakes to allow multiple runners to advance. Helps lead to a run, and the NDSU lead is back to 2, with Bison looking to put it just about out of reach.
BlueSky

Registered:
Posts: 824
Reply with quote  #51 
Terrel, WTH?
__________________
 
midwestfp

Registered:
Posts: 891
Reply with quote  #52 
NDSU over Mississippi State 5-4 
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 6,518
Reply with quote  #53 
Love me some Bison.
__________________
#SCOTUS

ratz19

Registered:
Posts: 156
Reply with quote  #54 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazsdad
Love me some Bison.
  IT cooks up pretty good.


__________________
Ratz

At first I thought I could'nt then I thought I could......I was right both times.
d4cohn

Registered:
Posts: 40
Reply with quote  #55 
Arizona only winning 1-0 against St. Francis in the top of fifth inning. I expect the Wildcats to, at the very least, hold on, but this is not a good showing at all so far from them.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,043
Reply with quote  #56 
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4cohn
Arizona only winning 1-0 against St. Francis in the top of fifth inning. I expect the Wildcats to, at the very least, hold on, but this is not a good showing at all so far from them.


Az with a measly 2 hits so far and McQuillin still has no clue what the inside of the plate is to either side.
d4cohn

Registered:
Posts: 40
Reply with quote  #57 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1janiedough


Az with a measly 2 hits so far and McQuillin still has no clue what the inside of the plate is to either side.


And that is how it ends up, with Arizona posting 2 hits, and still winning 1-0 over St. Francis. Never thought I would say this, but NDSU has a real chance, if UA doesn't improve quickly, to win this regional.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,043
Reply with quote  #58 
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4cohn


And that is how it ends up, with Arizona posting 2 hits, and still winning 1-0 over St. Francis. Never thought I would say this, but NDSU has a real chance, if UA doesn't improve quickly, to win this regional.


The Bison have been knocking steadily for years now.🤗
Mark_H

Registered:
Posts: 864
Reply with quote  #59 
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4cohn


And that is how it ends up, with Arizona posting 2 hits, and still winning 1-0 over St. Francis. .
At least a couple of times it could have gone the other way. Pretty sure AZ hopes they don't see sfu again. I otoh, would LOVE to see a rematch.

__________________
Mark H
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,734
Reply with quote  #60 
3 seeds making a statement in the first round for sure
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.