Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 8 of 17     «   Prev   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   Next   »
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,011
Reply with quote  #211 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_JAD
I do not believe the Ablan is having "control problems".  We have been playing against her since 12U and she has NEVER had control problems.  I'll bet $1 that Lu is saving her for SEC games.  By not pitching her now, no one will have seen much of her when league play starts.  The only other explanation is that she is hurt or is in  Lu's doghouse for some reason, but control problems - Not buying it!


Against Central Connecticut she had a great deal of "control problems."  Don't know if it's due to injury or if it's due to some other issue, but she couldn't get a ball near the strike-zone and her spin wasn't near tight enough.
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 318
Reply with quote  #212 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot


Against Central Connecticut she had a great deal of "control problems."  Don't know if it's due to injury or if it's due to some other issue, but she couldn't get a ball near the strike-zone and her spin wasn't near tight enough.


The only way I could imagine Ablan having major control problems would be if the coaching staff is trying to significantly change her mechanics, which is something no one on their staff should attempt since Rick Pauly left...
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,032
Reply with quote  #213 
Please go back and watch the fourth and fifth inning of the first Central Connecticut game and tell me again that she isn't having control issues. Everything sailed high
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 318
Reply with quote  #214 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGASBFan
Please go back and watch the fourth and fifth inning of the first Central Connecticut game and tell me again that she isn't having control issues. Everything sailed high


Riseballs sailing high is usually a timing issue, which is not uncommon when a pitcher goes from throwing nothing but bullpen sessions into the circle.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,011
Reply with quote  #215 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_JAD


The only way I could imagine Ablan having major control problems would be if the coaching staff is trying to significantly change her mechanics, which is something no one on their staff should attempt since Rick Pauly left...


Have you watched it? It's right there for everyone to see.
badboyoncampus

Registered:
Posts: 132
Reply with quote  #216 
Uga finishes Saturday with 2 more wins at the UCF tournament. Ablan was able to get some innings vs Delaware State. She settled down after her first inning to strike out 2 in her second inning of work. A back and forth game vs UCF ended up coming to the final inning. Tied 5-5 Maeve had the eventual game winning homer in the top of the 7th. Uga got the win 6-5.
HoustonBear15

Registered:
Posts: 169
Reply with quote  #217 
Sydni had a great day at the plate. She's having an outstanding senior year so far and showing that she should be getting the same national recognition that her younger sister is.
badboyoncampus

Registered:
Posts: 132
Reply with quote  #218 
I agree. On the year she is batting .529.
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,032
Reply with quote  #219 
My jaw dropped yesterday when the UCF announcer said she was second on the team with 26 RBI. I didn't realize just how much she'd done already.
LoyalUGAfan

Registered:
Posts: 30
Reply with quote  #220 
UGA brought in 4 freshman middle infielders this season. Bryan, Milz, Harding and Doggett.

Bryan and Milz have been very shaky in the field with both having fielding percentages under 900.
That is terrible!!! Is this just a case of jitters with these girls or are they really this bad defensively?
I realize both girls are hitting well but in SEC competition and postseason play you can't win without a sound defense especially in the infield. The ball will always find a shaky defensive player in the post season. This was largely responsible for Georgia's downfall in the world series last year. Sometimes I really feel sorry for our pitchers.

I sincerely hope for drastic improvement from Bryan and Milz in the field. If not, then give the other 2 girls a chance.
k7c2

Registered:
Posts: 72
Reply with quote  #221 
Lacey Sumerlin picks up SEC POW honors with a monster weekend at the plate against Kentucky:

http://www.secsports.com/article/18967501/softball-players-week
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 802
Reply with quote  #222 
When both 1st & 2nd baseman wear a mask what you expect. Kids got other things their thinking about.
Cooper11

Registered:
Posts: 34
Reply with quote  #223 
Wearing masks at the coaches request.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 802
Reply with quote  #224 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper11
Wearing masks at the coaches request.


Surely you jest...
k7c2

Registered:
Posts: 72
Reply with quote  #225 
Anybody got a pitch count on Gray tonight? She looks gassed.
hartfootball

Registered:
Posts: 170
Reply with quote  #226 
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7c2
Anybody got a pitch count on Gray tonight? She looks gassed.
170 total pitches. Auburn only hit .185 off of her. Still scored 7 runs. Gray is gassed, needs rest! Shouldn't be pitching mid week games bc she can't pitch every pitch all weekend. This is the result of a worn out Brittany gray. A loss that should've easily been a win, had she had her stuff working and not giving up so many BBs. Very deflating for me as a hardcore uga fan.

__________________
Avery Holland
k7c2

Registered:
Posts: 72
Reply with quote  #227 
The midweek thing drives me crazy as well. No reason for Gray to be out there once we've got a lead on Ga Southern. Great time to see if we can get a few innings out of Bass and Ablan, who we'll need at some point (like tonight, for example).
hartfootball

Registered:
Posts: 170
Reply with quote  #228 
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7c2
The midweek thing drives me crazy as well. No reason for Gray to be out there once we've got a lead on Ga Southern. Great time to see if we can get a few innings out of Bass and Ablan, who we'll need at some point (like tonight, for example).
definitely. I mean, with this group, if it's not one thing, it's another. Against good competition, either the hitting is on only (like tonight bc scoring 5 runs against Carlson on 9 hits isn't shabby at all) or just the pitching (last Sunday vs lsu) they drive me crazy.

__________________
Avery Holland
midwestfp

Registered:
Posts: 489
Reply with quote  #229 
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7c2
The midweek thing drives me crazy as well. No reason for Gray to be out there once we've got a lead on Ga Southern. Great time to see if we can get a few innings out of Bass and Ablan, who we'll need at some point (like tonight, for example).


At least they got to throw a ton of pitches in the bullpen tonight.  [smile]
ABCand123

Registered:
Posts: 36
Reply with quote  #230 
Don't think this team can go anywhere with Gray as the ace (not that they have much of a choice). Hopefully Wilson or Ablan can step it up and be a big contributor in the remainder of the season.  And what's going on with Bryan?  Goes from opening day SS batting 3rd to out of the lineup.  I didn't think she was a SS but is a really good OF and seems to have a good bat and speed.
badboyoncampus

Registered:
Posts: 132
Reply with quote  #231 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCand123
Don't think this team can go anywhere with Gray as the ace (not that they have much of a choice). Hopefully Wilson or Ablan can step it up and be a big contributor in the remainder of the season.  And what's going on with Bryan?  Goes from opening day SS batting 3rd to out of the lineup.  I didn't think she was a SS but is a really good OF and seems to have a good bat and speed.


Not sure I agree. Majority of the times wins or loses come down to errors. A good number of our loses are due to unearned runs.
ABCand123

Registered:
Posts: 36
Reply with quote  #232 
The 1-0 loss to LSU was an error and the loss Aub was mostly unearned (each team gave up 3ER) but somewhat self inflicted by Gray's BB.  Not trying to bash Gray, when she has her change up working she is really tough to hit - just not sold that she can be the ace and the team still go far.  Hope I'm wrong.
UGAfan

Registered:
Posts: 177
Reply with quote  #233 
Okay so I think Lu needs to give some of the bench players a chance. They literally can't do any worse than the ones playing.. This is getting kind of hard to watch. I do like the fact that she put Ablan in to give her an opporitunity. But she need to allow some of the other freshman so time to see what they could do.. The twins for example and also Doggett.. Febrey and Milz just aren't getting the job done!
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 318
Reply with quote  #234 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAfan
Okay so I think Lu needs to give some of the bench players a chance. They literally can't do any worse than the ones playing.. This is getting kind of hard to watch. I do like the fact that she put Ablan in to give her an opporitunity. But she need to allow some of the other freshman so time to see what they could do.. The twins for example and also Doggett.. Febrey and Milz just aren't getting the job done!


Did anyone else notice that Ablan was wearing some type of brace on her left ankle under her sock?  Has she been hurt?
UGAfan

Registered:
Posts: 177
Reply with quote  #235 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_JAD


Did anyone else notice that Ablan was wearing some type of brace on her left ankle under her sock?  Has she been hurt?
I did notice that! Maybe why she hasn't pitched as much!
UGAfan

Registered:
Posts: 177
Reply with quote  #236 
We need to somehow try to get ATLEAST one win this weekend!! 
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,032
Reply with quote  #237 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAfan
We need to somehow try to get ATLEAST one win this weekend!! 


They've been trying. Be patient. You don't lose the production/pitching that UGA did and jump back fast, it's a process. Here's hoping we give the Gators a good fight.
UGAfan

Registered:
Posts: 177
Reply with quote  #238 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGASBFan


They've been trying. Be patient. You don't lose the production/pitching that UGA did and jump back fast, it's a process. Here's hoping we give the Gators a good fight.
Very true!
HoustonBear15

Registered:
Posts: 169
Reply with quote  #239 
I really had a lot of hope for this team going into the season. That was strenghtened after the 12-0 start. Since then this team has gone 16-14 and really just can't get any momentum going. You can't compete at a high level without high level pitching. At this point, the squad needs to start working for a big turnaround next season. This was a rebuilding year and that's perfectly okay.
UGAfan

Registered:
Posts: 177
Reply with quote  #240 
Ablan getting the start today??? Is BG hurt?? didnt play at all yesterday!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.