Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 22      1   2   3   4   Next   »
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,425
Reply with quote  #1 
Entire teams taking a knee and rumors ine will stay in the locker room.

GSW disrespecting the President and White House.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
The truth is, you WANT Bill to have raped her, so you believe it.
ForeverInBlue

Registered:
Posts: 10,016
Reply with quote  #2 
The players may want to think this through, at least for those who come next.

When viewers turn away, ad revenue tanks, which means networks can't keep paying billions for TV rights to games, which means owners can't keep giving players huge contracts.

I grew up watching football, because my dad and uncles watched football. As viewers turn away, kids won't take to the game as my generation did. Millennials already don't care, the next gen won't either. The NFL and it's players may never fully recover. Ditto NBA, as they will almost certainly follow suit.

Worth noting the NFL is supporting the protests. They fine players for celebrating, but not for dissing the flag/America. Not a good look, and it will continue to cost them.

From another angle, the players (and some owners) are now making this about Trump, iow 100% political, and no longer about protesting blacks being killed by cops (which is Kaepernick's motivation, as I understand it.) So not only are they subverting the original intent to play politics, they are shooting themselves in the foot by "othering" half the country, (or as Hillary says, the "deplorables.") I don't see how this helps Democrats. 

Finally, why is no one addressing the elephant in the room: black on black slaughter? Every damn weekend there's a wholesale slaughter in the black community, but everyone, even blacks, simply turn their backs and look for some shiny object to score political points. I don't get it.
woody

Registered:
Posts: 9,258
Reply with quote  #3 
Black on black violence is considered normal behavior nowadays. That's why nobody is up in arms. It doesn't even rate media coverage. Nobody is outraged, because nobody is surprised if a bunch blacks slaughtered each other in record numbers. It doesn't affect the lives of normal people that live in a different world. They are insulated from that world by choices in behavior they made that affords them safety. They could care less.
__________________
Rats flee from the sinking vessel. They traverse nimbly upon a rope, safely cleated to the dock, that is private enterprise. Socialism is dead, and tits up in the water. A bloated, death show, for rubberneckers of all classes to view.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,221
Reply with quote  #4 
Steelers will stay in the locker room for Anthem.  I didn't realize this but that used to be the norm until the NFL told them to come out for it as a way to improve their PR.  Maybe the right way to go.
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 742
Reply with quote  #5 
If I remember right, President Trump didn't call the protesting White Supremacists SOB's.  Comes off like another poke. 
__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.




ForeverInBlue

Registered:
Posts: 10,016
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61
Steelers will stay in the locker room for Anthem.  I didn't realize this but that used to be the norm until the NFL told them to come out for it as a way to improve their PR.  Maybe the right way to go.


It's against league rules. All teams are required to be on the field for the national anthem.

Goodell will probably let them slide, as long as they don't celebrate too much after TDs. [rofl] 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 24,282
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
If I remember right, President Trump didn't call the protesting White Supremacists SOB's.  Comes off like another poke. 


You usually do not

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 4,062
Reply with quote  #8 
Libs disingenuously say it's about free speech, however players are doing it while at work. I seriously doubt Wyney nor Fresh would put up with employees pissing off customers while on the clock. As Dewey liked to say about Christian bakers, they don't have to work there.

Note: Sports franchise owners are constrained by terms of collective bargaining agreements.

PS: IIRC CK was protesting racial discrimination in general rather than just treatment by LEO.
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,990
Reply with quote  #9 
"In the biggest development — so far — on a surreal Sunday of protests around the NFL, the Steelers opted to remain in the locker room during the national anthem prior to their game against the Bears at Soldier Field.

All except for one Steeler, that is. Offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva, a U.S. Army Ranger who won a Bronze Star during three tours in Afghanistan, stood by himself outside the Steelers locker room tunnel, hand over his heart."


[DKgVQ-XXcAgTf6-] 


__________________
"Dewy cites anomalies because he is an anomaly, he's an outlier in a sea of testosterone." 
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,425
Reply with quote  #10 
I want to order that guys jersey
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
The truth is, you WANT Bill to have raped her, so you believe it.
DietCoke

Registered:
Posts: 2,196
Reply with quote  #11 
Statement from Patriots' CEO - and Trump supporter - Robert Kraft -

[DKfQfpRU8AEiLun]

__________________
"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists."

-- Hannah Arendt, “The Origins of Totalitarianism” (1951)

bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 10,137
Reply with quote  #12 
That's a bunch of pitiful rhetoric by someone who can't make enough money and doesn't want his money messed with.........


The players and team owners care about nothing more than themselves............

I mean, Hillary could have written that pathetic drivel.............Get outta here with that stuff........Ok?
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 10,137
Reply with quote  #13 
Now, the player in the pic respects the soldiers who were put in the position to have to fight - the soldiers who died and those who lived through the fight........

Kraft only respects his money and the money he hasn't yet made............


Perhaps a player who was awarded a Bronze Star as a soldier is a shade better versed in what the flag represents?.........Maybe Kraft should ask him about it instead of reeling off pitiful rhetoric drivel which only reveals and supports the love of money?

On second thought, why would he?  [biggrin]


I hope the NFL folds simply because it's thug-ball...........And, many college teams are getting that way, also..........
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 322
Reply with quote  #14 
This is about a liberal agenda using Police Officers as their avenue to disrupt this country, hate with Americans, and push a socialist agenda.  That is all that it is.  If it were about death and innocent individuals, these people would be leading marches throughout crime ridden areas, pointing out the criminals and making sure that they were off the streets.  
__________________
Those mountains in front of you will seem like little hills when you are beyond them and they are in the past!
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 8,086
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce
"In the biggest development — so far — on a surreal Sunday of protests around the NFL, the Steelers opted to remain in the locker room during the national anthem prior to their game against the Bears at Soldier Field.

All except for one Steeler, that is. Offensive tackle Alejandro Villanueva, a U.S. Army Ranger who won a Bronze Star during three tours in Afghanistan, stood by himself outside the Steelers locker room tunnel, hand over his heart."


[DKgVQ-XXcAgTf6-] 


A true patriot.  People would be smart to emulate his lead. 

__________________
I'm more getting a sense that willie wynn is dewey is a F'n loser. 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,221
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDad
Libs disingenuously say it's about free speech, however players are doing it while at work. I seriously doubt Wyney nor Fresh would put up with employees pissing off customers while on the clock. As Dewey liked to say about Christian bakers, they don't have to work there.

Note: Sports franchise owners are constrained by terms of collective bargaining agreements.

PS: IIRC CK was protesting racial discrimination in general rather than just treatment by LEO.


Correct.  Remember, Kaepernick is their leader by virtue of his being first.  He has worn a Fidel Castro shirt.  No doubt in observance of Cuba's 1st Amendment rights to free speech.
ForeverInBlue

Registered:
Posts: 10,016
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
If I remember right, President Trump didn't call the protesting White Supremacists SOB's.  Comes off like another poke. 


He didn't call antifa SOBs either.

Still grasping at straws I see. 
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 8,086
Reply with quote  #18 
72% believe Kapernec and fellow National Anthem sitters are Unpatriotic.

[8kvOc7V] 

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/09/24/poll-72-percent-see-kaepernicks-national-anthem-antics-as-unpatriotic-n2385646

__________________
I'm more getting a sense that willie wynn is dewey is a F'n loser. 
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,380
Reply with quote  #19 
been arguing with punk-azz sjw's on twitter today.  they don't realize that the young, cool people like them will think CK is a hero, but the old farts like me pay the bills.

they'll know soon.

btw - Drew Brees is against the knee thing
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 742
Reply with quote  #20 
My guess is the NFL has no problem with President Trump being unhappy with those who kneel during the national anthem, as are those 72% mentioned in the poll, but are instead unified in their objection over the President of the United States calling these protesters "SOB's". 

I wonder what a poll would say if we asked right leaning Americans if they found the use of this label inappropriate?

__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.




pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,221
Reply with quote  #21 
Most fans at stadiums booed the players who knelt.  No need to guess about anything.

Kneeling occurred before the president's remarks, which I think could have been said in a more effective way.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 8,086
Reply with quote  #22 
Trump is merely reading where America is at this point.

Disagree this is about young/hip vs old crotchety.  That 72% poll showed little or no age bias.  

There is a group of overly SJW types.  They think if they yell down their dissenters, they win.  That is not how it works.  Most people work for a living.  They just quite replying after a while.  The SJW considers this their win.  But that person goes into the voting booth and votes their conscience. 

On this subject they are going to vote against the kneelers. The SJWs yelling at you on Twitter will never understand this. 

__________________
I'm more getting a sense that willie wynn is dewey is a F'n loser. 
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,990
Reply with quote  #23 
Kneeling during the national anthem is being done to show displeasure with this country's heritage and it's symbols, and tangentially, this country's leadership.  The kneelers choose to display their displeasure by disrespecting those symbols and the history that they represent. They don't get to claim that they aren't disrespecting these things, they simply are. To each their own. IMO Trump is correct, if you are disrespecting this country's flag and national anthem, your mom is a b1tch who failed in parenting you, and you are a punk.
__________________
"Dewy cites anomalies because he is an anomaly, he's an outlier in a sea of testosterone." 
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,380
Reply with quote  #24 
Well I missed it, since I got into the stadium late after arguing with security about my pocket knife.

Anyhoo, a Tech cheerleader kneeled during the anthem.  I know alums who are contacting the school President, asking if GT now dislikes the military.

Tech has a long military tradition.  In fact, until about 1980, ROTC was mandatory for 2 years.  Many, many officers from Tech.

The only number ever retired by Georgia Tech - this guy's name/number is prominent in the stadium:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Castleberry

I'm sorry, but I hope she gets suspended, at a minimum.  She puts on that uniform, her personal BS can wait.
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 742
Reply with quote  #25 
There's a significant percentage on the Right who think if you call your opposition "crooked", diminish a soldier for being captured, mock a woman's face, call the press liars, or call a President illegitimate, then they win. Clearly "a Country divided" is not fake news.
__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.




Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 2,996
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce
Kneeling during the national anthem is being done to show displeasure with this country's heritage and it's symbols, and tangentially, this country's leadership.  The kneelers choose to display their displeasure by disrespecting those symbols and the history that they represent. They don't get to claim that they aren't disrespecting these things, they simply are. To each their own. IMO Trump is correct, if you are disrespecting this country's flag and national anthem, your mom is a b1tch who failed in parenting you, and you are a punk.


Done to bring attention to black discrimination and unusually high level of police shootings of black males. This was his stated motive, why would you interject your own version? No disrespect was shown to the symbols of freedom. Your inability to counter his demonstration without distorting his intentions confirms your lack of a cogent argument. Disagree with his intentended target(black oppression) all you want, just don't be disingenuous about what he's hoping to accomplish. He originally sat, but later knelt to keep from being overly disrespectful. 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,221
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh


Done to bring attention to black discrimination and unusually high level of police shootings of black males. This was his stated motive, why would you interject your own version? No disrespect was shown to the symbols of freedom. Your inability to counter his demonstration without distorting his intentions confirms your lack of a cogent argument. Disagree with his intentended target(black oppression) all you want, just don't be disingenuous about what he's hoping to accomplish. He originally sat, but later knelt to keep from being overly disrespectful. 


An absolutely false narrative that's been proven false.  It turns out that in violent confrontations with police, whites are killed at a higher rate than blacks.  That is a fact.

This think started when Kaepernick was heavily influenced by his angry, socialist girlfriend into sitting on the bench to protest something but he was never quite sure.  Because when you protest social injustice while wearing a Fidel Castro shirt, trust me, your message is highly confused.

To be honest, I think Trump was wrong to be so aggressive with his words but I 100% agree with his sentiment.

As if these rich, pampered athletes can related in any way to the blacks that suffered through Jim Crow, lynchings, segregation and much, much worse racism than they will ever experience.  

You have a right to do what you're doing but don't be surprised when the people who pay your salary say F you.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 8,086
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh


Done to bring attention to black discrimination and unusually high level of police shootings of black males. This was his stated motive, why would you interject your own version? No disrespect was shown to the symbols of freedom. Your inability to counter his demonstration without distorting his intentions confirms your lack of a cogent argument. Disagree with his intentended target(black oppression) all you want, just don't be disingenuous about what he's hoping to accomplish. He originally sat, but later knelt to keep from being overly disrespectful. 

I guess we are the "Then we can figure it out together." part. vv 

__________________
I'm more getting a sense that willie wynn is dewey is a F'n loser. 
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 8,086
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
There's a significant percentage on the Right who think if you call your opposition "crooked", diminish a soldier for being captured, mock a woman's face, call the press liars, or call a President illegitimate, then they win. Clearly "a Country divided" is not fake news.

We actually did win.  Thanks for playing Dewey.

__________________
I'm more getting a sense that willie wynn is dewey is a F'n loser. 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 24,282
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
My guess is the NFL has no problem with President Trump being unhappy with those who kneel during the national anthem, as are those 72% mentioned in the poll, but are instead unified in their objection over the President of the United States calling these protesters "SOB's". 

I wonder what a poll would say if we asked right leaning Americans if they found the use of this label inappropriate?


Dewy, you and old man Fresh, do too much wondering. You two morons need to do some figuring it all out and quit the wondering and asking people to find information for you

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.