Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 202 of 413     «   Prev   199   200   201   202   203   204   205   Next   »
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 4,058
Reply with quote  #6031 
The press furiously pushes back whenever anyone suggests they're out of line, however there are limits on freedom of the press (e.g. libel) like there are on freedom of speech and 2A. The NBC reporting of "tenfold" nuke expansion was refuted by Mattis. The amount of false reporting - I suspect fed by Dem operatives like Ben Rhodes - should be investigated.

NBC may be trying to avert attention away from them not airing the Weinstein story published by The New Yorker. The author worked for NBC and told Maddow about it. http://deadline.com/2017/10/ronan-farrow-harvey-weinstein-rachel-maddow-new-yorker-nbc-news-1202186126/

On Rachel Maddow’s MSNBC show, the host asked Farrow, “Why did you end up reporting this story for The New Yorker and not NBC News?” (Watch his remarks in the video below, at around the 4 minute mark.)

Responded Farrow: “You would have to ask NBC and NBC executives about the details of that story. I’m not going to comment on any news organization’s story that they did or didn’t run.”

Maddow, however, reported NBC News said what he brought to them was not ready to air.

Farrow was having none of that. “I walked into the door at The New Yorker with an explosive reportable piece that should have been public earlier. And immediately New Yorker recognized that, and it is not accurate to say that it was not reportable,” Farrow said.  “In fact, there were multiple determinations that it was reportable at NBC.”

Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 3,319
Reply with quote  #6032 
NBC has a long history



http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/27/nbcs-chuck-todd-media-knew-how-hated-hillary-was-h/



Where I think political correctness got in the way of what we all knew as reporters and didn’t fully deliver was how hated the Clintons were in the heartland,” the “Meet the Press” host admitted Thursday to former Bush White House press secretary Ari Fleischer in a interview for the “1947” podcast.
“And I think it was a fear of, ‘Oh, is it going to look like it’s sexist, anti-woman if we say that?’” he added, pointing out that on the hustings he saw numerous “Hillary for Prison” signs adorning the front yards of rural America.
“I think we underplayed it a little bit out of political correctness fears,” Mr. Todd said. “No member of the press corps wants to look like they’re singling out a group and making a group feel bad, right, whatever that [group] is.

“What do I think we did wrong in this election? The biggest thing is we didn’t tell the stories of all Americans,” Mr. Todd said. “We told the stories of coastal Americans. And ultimately, that’s like the larger trust issue.”
“We were more likely to do a story about the Dreamer that might get deported with new policies than we were about the 19-year-old opioid addict who feels hopeless in Rolla, Missouri. And, I’m not, I don’t pick on Rolla, Missouri, it’s, my point is that we just, we did not equally tell those stories very well, right, and, we were not, that is an out-of-touch issue.”

__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 2,889
Reply with quote  #6033 
"There’s a part of this story that’s starting to make me nervous, and it’s this: I am very uncomfortable with the president of the United States being able to dictate the behavior and power of anybody. That’s not where this should be coming from."  - Rush Limbaugh

"Mr. President: Words spoken by the President of the United States matter. Are you tonight recanting of the oath you took on January 20th to preserve, protect, and defend the First Amendment?"  - Sen Sasse


It's good to see such statements made by members on the Right. Fighting against any kind of power grab by a political leader, intended or otherwise, requires accountability from all sides if it's going to have any chance at being successful.

__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.  Also, claims I moderate this discussion forum are untrue.

Obama -  "When I say if you have your plan and you like it, and your doctor has a plan -- or you have a doctor and you like your doctor, that you don't have to change plans, what I'm saying is the government is not going to make you change plans under health reform."

A 2017 opinion poll ranks Reagan and Obama #1 and #2 best Presidents since WWII.


 Trump should be honest with the American people.


keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 28,904
Reply with quote  #6034 
Gotcha dewilliewilly, like to see you quoting Rush, O'Reilly and Dr. Krauthammer.  You're coming along nicely dewy
__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 4,058
Reply with quote  #6035 
CoS John Kelly was very impressive at today's WH press briefing - I highly recommend watching the entire thing for both the humor and substance. This was a debut performance as CoS because he's avoided interviews while learning the lay of the land. I'm very glad he took one more final question because he explained how the Oval Office operates now. Hopefully this is the start of him being more public.

uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,455
Reply with quote  #6036 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewillie
"dewillie is a gay skater from La Mirada"  - Rush Limbaugh


BTW: Limbaugh said you would take him out of context.  Good work.

__________________
Just say no to dullards
woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,491
Reply with quote  #6037 
I liked the way Kelly played dumb as to how to handle the entrenched media on the front row. He gave them a little jab to insure them that he knew how the game was played, and feigned ignorance at the same time. The media got played, and spoon fed. AGAIN. What a bunch of idiots.
__________________
Ignorance is forgivable, and correctable with proper study. Stupidity is a way of life.


Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,801
Reply with quote  #6038 
I like Kelly. Seems to know how to be in charge without seeming arrogant. Positive. Hope a little of that class rubs off on the boor in chief.
__________________
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,455
Reply with quote  #6039 
Bye bye Socialists!

[77904852727b40e681bc5651db89f8b2-19293] 

__________________
Just say no to dullards
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 6,934
Reply with quote  #6040 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
"There’s a part of this story that’s starting to make me nervous, and it’s this: I am very uncomfortable with the president of the United States being able to dictate the behavior and power of anybody. That’s not where this should be coming from."  - Rush Limbaugh

"Mr. President: Words spoken by the President of the United States matter. Are you tonight recanting of the oath you took on January 20th to preserve, protect, and defend the First Amendment?"  - Sen Sasse


It's good to see such statements made by members on the Right. Fighting against any kind of power grab by a political leader, intended or otherwise, requires accountability from all sides if it's going to have any chance at being successful.

More dishonesty from the dishinestnposter with multiple handles. As us said, you did exactly as predicted. Silly libs, so easily trolled

__________________
#SCOTUS x two


TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 6,615
Reply with quote  #6041 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
"There’s a part of this story that’s starting to make me nervous, and it’s this: I am very uncomfortable with the president of the United States being able to dictate the behavior and power of anybody. That’s not where this should be coming from."  - Rush Limbaugh

"Mr. President: Words spoken by the President of the United States matter. Are you tonight recanting of the oath you took on January 20th to preserve, protect, and defend the First Amendment?"  - Sen Sasse


It's good to see such statements made by members on the Right. Fighting against any kind of power grab by a political leader, intended or otherwise, requires accountability from all sides if it's going to have any chance at being successful.


You know nothing about this word

__________________
Dewey/Will_I_Wynn is our forum moderator and is allowing a poster to call for the assassination of our President
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,801
Reply with quote  #6042 
Here's what trump refers to as bailouts. Dishonestly describing help for low and middle income families to have affordable health care as a bailout. What a douch. If you doubt the information....please take the time to click on the links before you lazily start referring to me as a liberal commie. try to be honest.

[kUuht00m_bigger]Donald J. Trump 
 
@realDonaldTrump

If a new HealthCare Bill is not approved quickly, BAILOUTS for Insurance Companies and BAILOUTS for Members of Congress will end very soon!

Trump’s reference to an insurance company "bailout" likely refers to reimbursements the federal government gives carriers who cover certain lower-income Americans in Obamacare exchanges. (We also investigated his claim about bailouts for Congress in this story.)

Insurance companies are required under Obamacare to share the cost of deductibles, copays and other out-of-pocket expenses borne by roughly 7 million customers whose incomes are below 250 percent of the federal poverty line, or less than about $30,000 for a single person.

The federal government has reimbursed insurance companies for these contributions, known as "cost-sharing reductions," or CSRs. This year, insurers are on track to receive $7 billion in these reimbursements, and $10 billion in 2018, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

"I would strongly argue with the characterization of these as a ‘bailout,’ " said Linda Blumberg, a senior fellow at the Urban Institute, who underscored that insurers are required by law to share costs with consumers.

While the precise impact of Trump’s proposal to end these reimbursements is unknown, experts have said ending the payments could drive up the cost of insurance while reducing the number of options for consumers.

"If the CSR payments end... insurers would face significant revenue shortfalls this year and next," the Kaiser Family Foundation wrote earlier this year when Trump was noncommittal to Obamacare subsidies. "Many insurers might react to the end of subsidy payments by exiting the ACA marketplaces. If insurers choose to remain in the marketplaces, they would need to raise premiums to offset the loss of the payments."

If Trump’s move resulted in higher premiums, it could actually end up costing the federal government more money than continuing with the status quo, Blumberg said.

That’s because the federal government gives premium tax credits to help lower-income Americans buy insurance (those making up to 400 percent of the federal poverty line are eligible). The law also caps the amount of income this group can spend on premiums.

Because there are more people eligible for premium tax credits (up to 400 percent of the federal poverty line) than those who qualify for cost-sharing reductions (up to 250 percent of the federal poverty line), some estimate the government would end up paying more in premium tax credits than the roughly $7 billion to 10 billion yearly reimbursements.

The Kaiser Family Foundation estimated "the increased cost to the federal government of higher premium tax credits would be 23 percent more than the savings from eliminating cost-sharing reduction payments."


__________________
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 6,615
Reply with quote  #6043 
Lots of folks still waiting on the $2,500 they were supposed to save
__________________
Dewey/Will_I_Wynn is our forum moderator and is allowing a poster to call for the assassination of our President
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,455
Reply with quote  #6044 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
Here's what trump refers to as bailouts. Dishonestly describing help for low and middle income families to have affordable health care as a bailout. What a douch. If you doubt the information....please take the time to click on the links before you lazily start referring to me as a liberal commie. try to be honest.

[kUuht00m_bigger]Donald J. Trump 
 
@realDonaldTrump

If a new HealthCare Bill is not approved quickly, BAILOUTS for Insurance Companies and BAILOUTS for Members of Congress will end very soon!

Trump’s reference to an insurance company "bailout" likely refers to reimbursements the federal government gives carriers who cover certain lower-income Americans in Obamacare exchanges. (We also investigated his claim about bailouts for Congress in this story.)

Insurance companies are required under Obamacare to share the cost of deductibles, copays and other out-of-pocket expenses borne by roughly 7 million customers whose incomes are below 250 percent of the federal poverty line, or less than about $30,000 for a single person.

The federal government has reimbursed insurance companies for these contributions, known as "cost-sharing reductions," or CSRs. This year, insurers are on track to receive $7 billion in these reimbursements, and $10 billion in 2018, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

"I would strongly argue with the characterization of these as a ‘bailout,’ " said Linda Blumberg, a senior fellow at the Urban Institute, who underscored that insurers are required by law to share costs with consumers.

While the precise impact of Trump’s proposal to end these reimbursements is unknown, experts have said ending the payments could drive up the cost of insurance while reducing the number of options for consumers.

"If the CSR payments end... insurers would face significant revenue shortfalls this year and next," the Kaiser Family Foundation wrote earlier this year when Trump was noncommittal to Obamacare subsidies. "Many insurers might react to the end of subsidy payments by exiting the ACA marketplaces. If insurers choose to remain in the marketplaces, they would need to raise premiums to offset the loss of the payments."

If Trump’s move resulted in higher premiums, it could actually end up costing the federal government more money than continuing with the status quo, Blumberg said.

That’s because the federal government gives premium tax credits to help lower-income Americans buy insurance (those making up to 400 percent of the federal poverty line are eligible). The law also caps the amount of income this group can spend on premiums.

Because there are more people eligible for premium tax credits (up to 400 percent of the federal poverty line) than those who qualify for cost-sharing reductions (up to 250 percent of the federal poverty line), some estimate the government would end up paying more in premium tax credits than the roughly $7 billion to 10 billion yearly reimbursements.

The Kaiser Family Foundation estimated "the increased cost to the federal government of higher premium tax credits would be 23 percent more than the savings from eliminating cost-sharing reduction payments."


I would not call them baliouts either.  More handouts.  Glad they are ending.  

2 people sitting at a restaurant having lunch. 

First one, Sally, is hard working, works as much as possible in overtime.  She makes a comfortable living - about 50k a year, and living in a metropolitan area, that is a slim lifestyle but she gets buy.  She pays over 15k in health care premiums. 

Second one, Suzy, is on medicare expansion.  She does not work.  She consumes over 15k in healthcare premiums every year.  Suzy actually has better free healthcare than Sally does.   Yet, Sally in effect pays the majority of Suzy's healthcare.

Why would Sally get up every morning and go to work?

__________________
Just say no to dullards
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,801
Reply with quote  #6045 
1 story. Not the problem. Many people can't work enough to get ahead. Medical situations could be one of the reasons. The very reason we need single payer.
__________________
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 6,615
Reply with quote  #6046 
If we need single payer so badly, why has it been rejected every time it has been brought up?  

Your own party stole an election from a candidate that wanted single payer and want nothing to do with him on a national level.

__________________
Dewey/Will_I_Wynn is our forum moderator and is allowing a poster to call for the assassination of our President
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,455
Reply with quote  #6047 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
1 story. Not the problem. Many people can't work enough to get ahead. Medical situations could be one of the reasons. The very reason we need single payer.

Single payer makes that situation way worse.  It is not just a single store.  But the exact reason socialism is soundly rejected in the United States. 

Those who work hard, should enjoy the creature comforts.  Those unable to work should get some minimum safety net low cost help.  Those who choose not to work, should live a miserably poor existence. 

__________________
Just say no to dullards
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,455
Reply with quote  #6048 
Consumer Sentiment Hits 13-Year High. 

Just imagine when we make losers like McCain irrelevant.

__________________
Just say no to dullards
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,455
Reply with quote  #6049 
[gubF0uJ] 
__________________
Just say no to dullards
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 28,904
Reply with quote  #6050 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
If we need single payer so badly, why has it been rejected every time it has been brought up?  

Your own party stole an election from a candidate that wanted single payer and want nothing to do with him on a national level.
 

You guys ask the questions that the libs can't answer.

__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 28,904
Reply with quote  #6051 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist
[gubF0uJ] 


Stop with the common sense already

__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 9,127
Reply with quote  #6052 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist
[gubF0uJ] 


clever, but not true.  he signed a law, that was later enforced by SCOTUS, forcing you to buy insurance.
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 2,889
Reply with quote  #6053 
If disrespecting Sen McCain is not an issue, if increased budget deficits are not an immediate concern, if mocking political opponents, women, and handicapped folks aren't high on your list of objections, if extreme and possible dangerous rhetoric aimed at our enemies doesn't cause you significant alarm, if calling black protesters SOB's isn't crossing the line, if reducing financial support for poor folks trying to buy health insurance is acceptable policy, if executive orders no longer trouble you, if you'd like to limit what our free press prints, or if blowing up the Federal Government is a goal you support, then this White House is one you no doubt champion.  If you're not a supporter of most of these events/issues, then you probably have a less than positive opinion of how this Administration has been to date.  Clearly we all have our different views.
__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.  Also, claims I moderate this discussion forum are untrue.

Obama -  "When I say if you have your plan and you like it, and your doctor has a plan -- or you have a doctor and you like your doctor, that you don't have to change plans, what I'm saying is the government is not going to make you change plans under health reform."

A 2017 opinion poll ranks Reagan and Obama #1 and #2 best Presidents since WWII.


 Trump should be honest with the American people.


mikec

Registered:
Posts: 9,127
Reply with quote  #6054 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
If disrespecting Sen McCain is not an issue, if increased budget deficits are not an immediate concern, if mocking political opponents, women, and handicapped folks aren't high on your list of objections, if extreme and possible dangerous rhetoric aimed at our enemies doesn't cause you significant alarm, if calling black protesters SOB's isn't crossing the line, if reducing financial support for poor folks trying to buy health insurance is acceptable policy, if executive orders no longer trouble you, if you'd like to limit what our free press prints, or if blowing up the Federal Government is a goal you support, then this White House is one you no doubt champion.  If you're not a supporter of most of these events/issues, then you probably have a less than positive opinion of how this Administration has been to date.  Clearly we all have our different views.


wow
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 2,889
Reply with quote  #6055 
Blowing up in the words of Trump supporters, not physically blowing up the Government with explosives.
__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.  Also, claims I moderate this discussion forum are untrue.

Obama -  "When I say if you have your plan and you like it, and your doctor has a plan -- or you have a doctor and you like your doctor, that you don't have to change plans, what I'm saying is the government is not going to make you change plans under health reform."

A 2017 opinion poll ranks Reagan and Obama #1 and #2 best Presidents since WWII.


 Trump should be honest with the American people.


uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,455
Reply with quote  #6056 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
blowing up the Federal Government


Wow indeed.  Why you wanting to blow up the government?

__________________
Just say no to dullards
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 6,615
Reply with quote  #6057 
I wouldn't take the words of a dual handle posting coward too seriously.

If he's not man enough to stand behind what he says, I doubt he's man enough to blow up a dog pound.

__________________
Dewey/Will_I_Wynn is our forum moderator and is allowing a poster to call for the assassination of our President
woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,491
Reply with quote  #6058 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
1 story. Not the problem. Many people can't work enough to get ahead. Medical situations could be one of the reasons. The very reason we need single payer.


If many people can't work enough to get ahead, perhaps a strong economy with less illegal aliens competing for jobs and deflating wages would help. On the other hand, if they are mentally unsound or physically handicapped, we have Medicaid available to them. Quit with the BS talking points already. The pump is primed, the economy is ready to increase the GDP from Obama's dismal economic retreat. We are ready to roll, throw a tax cut into the mix, and watch things go crazy.

__________________
Ignorance is forgivable, and correctable with proper study. Stupidity is a way of life.


woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,491
Reply with quote  #6059 
Tax cuts, and an expanding economy under republican leadership, a nightmare for Democrats in 2018. They have to put a stop to this economic expansion immediately. How would it be if nobody had to rely on handouts from the Democrat plantation overlords? No, we're good, don't need to be dependent on you anymore. We have good jobs and money. Thanks anyway.
__________________
Ignorance is forgivable, and correctable with proper study. Stupidity is a way of life.


Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,801
Reply with quote  #6060 
Not going to get there by cuts for the top 5%. Sick of trickle down economics. It's time for bubble up. Poor and middle income people spend their tax savings. The rich put it in a trust or buy stocks. Not as much bang for the stimulous buck. Corporations don't pay taxes anyway, so cut away. Hopefully they will cut the cost of goods accordingly. Need to keep the momentum going from the Obama policies. 
__________________
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.