Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 34      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
DietCoke

Registered:
Posts: 2,144
Reply with quote  #61 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDad
FTR, companies request far more visas than they actually want because they are allocated by a lottery and there is no cost to request more - it's simply a strategy to improve their chances of getting the number they want. Remember this when you hear/read about large numbers of requests. Charging a substantial fee for each visa requested would curtail the exaggerated requests and could be used to discourage the practice of filling positions with imported labor altogether.

Similarly, the H-1B visas are attractive to employers because they cap compensation below market. Instead, they should put minimums on compensation above the market to encourage hiring Americans.


Point is - he should have hired 100% US residents (citizens?).  Surely there were more than 17 qualified candidates among the 300 that applied.  And surely if he paid decent wages, he could have filled all the jobs needed at his resort without having to bring in anyone from out of the country.  These aren't highly-skilled jobs.


__________________
“If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
DietCoke

Registered:
Posts: 2,144
Reply with quote  #62 
Trump is demanding an apology from Vicente Fox for using the "F-word" when he said Mexico wouldn't pay for the border wall.

Trump says if he said such a disgusting word, it would be all over the news.  He's right!

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/266253/donald-trumps-f-bombs-dennis-prager

http://www.mediaite.com/online/donald-trump-drops-f-bomb-at-new-hampshire-rally/


I'm sure all of them use this word and others in private, but someone running for POTUS needs to show some decorum and not swear, bully, insult, or anything else that would embarrass himself or herself (or others).


__________________
“If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 3,902
Reply with quote  #63 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCoke
Point is - he should have hired 100% US residents (citizens?).

Duh, I knew that. My response was about the general topic of work visas, not Trump.

BTW, I do appreciate you posting that article because it discredits Trump with his supporters - possibly the most useful thing I've seen from you.
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,056
Reply with quote  #64 
Trump can't name 3 things he would do under any his "plans".

Rick Perry got trashed for way less egregious lack of detail.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,616
Reply with quote  #65 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
Trump can't name 3 things he would do under any his "plans".

Rick Perry got trashed for way less egregious lack of detail.


True words, I love Rubio taking on the Donald tonight. The Cubans are doing awesome and are staying on point while Donald is flailing. Donald should have had a V-8.

Kasich is a sell out, a true RINO.

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,616
Reply with quote  #66 
"We have lines around the states and they'll go away."
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,616
Reply with quote  #67 
Rubio killed the new York tycoon. Is that what you hated Coach, he dinged bluedog's boy?

Rubio to Donald

1, everyone's dumb
2, we're going to make America great again
3, we're going to win, win, win
4, I'm doing great in the polls
5, the lines around the states


__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
DietCoke

Registered:
Posts: 2,144
Reply with quote  #68 
What an idiot.....

 
  1.  

    Did Trump just say could build wall on US-Canada border because it is 4x US-Mexico border? US-Canada is 1,538 miles; US-Mexico 1,933 miles.

 
 
 
 
 
 

__________________
“If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
TylerDurden

Registered:
Posts: 3,869
Reply with quote  #69 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCoke
What an idiot.....

 
  1.  

    Did Trump just say could build wall on US-Canada border because it is 4x US-Mexico border? US-Canada is 1,538 miles; US-Mexico 1,933 miles.



Trump's supporters don't care about facts, they are blindly following their false god.  He just went up five points.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,616
Reply with quote  #70 
Durden didn't you describe low infos?
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
TylerDurden

Registered:
Posts: 3,869
Reply with quote  #71 
I have not weighed in you and Pdad's low info debate - think I will steer clear of that one!
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 2,234
Reply with quote  #72 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal
Rubio killed the new York tycoon. Is that what you hated Coach, he dinged bluedog's boy? Rubio to Donald 1, everyone's dumb 2, we're going to make America great again 3, we're going to win, win, win 4, I'm doing great in the polls 5, the lines around the states


I don't understand the reference to me in this thread.  Did I miss something?  I commented in another thread that I hate watching the GOP Candidates get played by the various pundits in each of these debates.  IMO, they all come out looking like idiots who can't figure out that they are getting played for the benefit of the Democrats.  Kasich tonight was the only one that didn't partake in the circus.  I'll let you guys battle this stuff out the rest of this election cycle. 
ForeverInBlue

Registered:
Posts: 9,809
Reply with quote  #73 
Trump just suggested than he's being audited because he's such a strong Christian. Lol

No doubt both Corinthians agree with him.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,616
Reply with quote  #74 
Sorry coach, I think you said you and the guys in the barber shop liked trump. They let Trump run wild for 8 debates and now when they give him some of his medicine back, all of a sudden it's an issue? It's politics and politics have always been the same. Gonna be a long season. It's only our country at stake.
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,616
Reply with quote  #75 

"Trump's supporters don't care about facts"

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,616
Reply with quote  #76 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverInBlue
Trump just suggested than he's being audited because he's such a strong Christian. Lol

No doubt both Corinthians agree with him.


I heard that in the interview

I really think a lot of character was revealed tonight

Rubio finally stood up to the Donald

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,616
Reply with quote  #77 
Source: Twitter Photo: Twitter
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,159
Reply with quote  #78 
At some point, Trump is going to have to have some substance behind his BS.  Rubio got the best of him at the debate as evidenced by the focus group results that Allen West reports in the attached.

I think the Dems have to be praying for a Trump victory and holding their breath that Rubio doesn't rally.

http://www.allenbwest.com/2016/02/focus-group-overwhelming-says-which-candidate-won-the-debate/

PDad

Registered:
Posts: 3,902
Reply with quote  #79 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCoke
What an idiot.....
  1.  
 

Did Trump just say could build wall on US-Canada border because it is 4x US-Mexico border? US-Canada is 1,538 miles; US-Mexico 1,933 miles.


From which list did you cut this? Who do you think is the idiot?

They both got it wrong. https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RS21729.pdf

Rove's 1,538 miles is the Alaska-Canada border and he owned up to the mistake in a follow-up tweet. The Canadian border with the 48 contiguous states is about 4,000 miles.

Trump talked about building a wall on the southern border that's only 1,000 miles even though the border is actually 1,933. He should show us his 1,000 mile plan. Texans should see his plan for their portion along the Rio Grande River.

I can't find a quote from last night, however this one from last August is pretty much the same (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/20/donald-trump-great-wall-mexican-border-not-canada/). He suggests a wall isn't necessary in some stretches where the natural terrain suffices as a barrier. He should be pressed for his 1,000 mile plan.

“You know, interestingly, the wall on the southern border, it’s — really, if you think it’s a thousand miles. It’s 2,000 miles, but a lot of it — some of it’s done — it’s done poorly by the way, what they’ve done is very poor, very poor work, [a] very poor job, very — not much of a wall,” he said. “But you also have natural terrain which is automatically a barrier, which is a good thing. So you’re talking about a thousand. And then you look at the Great Wall of China that was built 2,500 years ago. It’s 13,000 miles. And we’re really talking about something … a little more than a thousand miles.
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 3,902
Reply with quote  #80 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverInBlue
Trump just suggested than he's being audited because he's such a strong Christian. Lol No doubt both Corinthians agree with him.

Cuomo couldn't fully contain his reaction - his eyebrows raised up to his hairline. lol
fhoenix

Registered:
Posts: 4,974
Reply with quote  #81 

__________________
‎"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
TylerDurden

Registered:
Posts: 3,869
Reply with quote  #82 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61
At some point, Trump is going to have to have some substance behind his BS.  Rubio got the best of him at the debate as evidenced by the focus group results that Allen West reports in the attached.

I think the Dems have to be praying for a Trump victory and holding their breath that Rubio doesn't rally.

http://www.allenbwest.com/2016/02/focus-group-overwhelming-says-which-candidate-won-the-debate/



Unfortunately I don't think he will. President Obama made it through on celebrity and promises, and even those in his own party knew he couldn't do what he was saying .

The electorate has changed.
DietCoke

Registered:
Posts: 2,144
Reply with quote  #83 
My post was saying Rove was the idiot (in this case).  I saw these numbers and immediately knew they couldn't be right.  Anyone who has an inkling of geographical knowledge (as Rove should) would know those numbers are wrong.  Yet he tweeted them!!  I figured he'd just delete the tweet, but he 'fessed up and said his numbers were wrong.  Good for him.
__________________
“If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
DietCoke

Registered:
Posts: 2,144
Reply with quote  #84 

An editorial in The Blaze - every Trump supporter should read it - as well as those who dislike Trump but will vote for him if he's the eventual nominee (God forbid!) - (sorry for the length) -

Dear Trump Fan, So You Want Someone To ‘Tell It Like It Is’? OK, Here You Go.

Matt Walsh

Matt Walsh is a blogger, writer, speaker, and professional truth sayer.

 

Dear Donald Trump Fan,

I’m going to tell you the truth, friend.

You say you want the truth. You say you want someone who speaks boldly and brashly and bluntly and “tells it like it is” and so on. According to exit polls in South Carolina, voters who want a president who “tells it like it is” are an essential demographic for Trump, just as they’re an essential demographic for Judge Judy and Dr. Phil. You say you want abrupt and matter-of-fact honesty, and you want it so much, you’ll make a man president for it regardless of whether he defies every principle and value you claim to hold.

Personally, I think you’re lying, and I’m going to test my theory. In fact, I believe I’ve already proven my theory because you’re now offended that I called you a liar. But Trump has called half of the Earth’s population a liar at some point over the past seven months, and you loved every second of it. You said you loved it not out of cruelty or spite, but out of admiration for a man who’s willing to call people liars — even if he’s lying when he does it.

Yet here I am employing the same tactic — accurately, I might add — and you recoil indignantly. Over the course of this campaign season I’ve said many harsh words about you and your leader, all of which I stand by, but you’ve never respected my harsh words, or the harsh words of any Trump critic. Indeed, you insist that our tough criticism of you only vindicates your support of Trump, while Trump’s vulgar and dishonest criticism of everyone else also vindicates your support of Trump. You’re tired of people being critical, but you love Trump because he’s critical. You say you like Trump for his style, but you hate his style when it’s directed at him or you.

You say you like Trump for his style, but you hate his style when it’s directed at him or you.

 

You say you want someone who’s politically incorrect. You’re so desperate for political incorrectness — a supremely ridiculous reason to vote a guy into the Oval Office, but never mind — that your esteem for him only grows when he belittles the disabled, mocks American prisoners of war, calls women dogs, calls his opponents p*ssies, calls for the assassination of women and children, says he’d like to have sex with his daughter, brags about his adultery, etc.

You’re excited by the most vile statements and most cretinous behavior imaginable — not remotely deterred by any of it, no matter how many times he gloats over infidelity, curses his opponents, and publicly ogles his own children — because, you say, it’s politically incorrect. That is how unfathomably desperate you are for someone to come along and just say what’s on their mind, you claim. You’re so fed up with political correctness that you celebrate political incorrectness without distinguishing between the healthy sort and the “LOL I slept with married women and I’m not sorry” sort. It doesn’t matter if you don’t personally agree, you say, you just respect the hell out of someone who’s willing to shoot straight, even when ”shooting straight” means comparing Ben Carson to a child molester, calling the entire electorate of Iowa stupid, and referring to women as “pieces of ass.”

Trump won South Carolina on the support of Evangelical Christians who were so impressed with his alleged straight talk that they overlooked the fact that he’s a crass, cruel, unrepentant philanderer who says he does not need God’s forgiveness, and who praises Planned Parenthood as “wonderful” and his radically pro-abortion sister as a “phenomenal” candidate for the Supreme Court. That’s how much you pretend to admire bluntness in a man. So much that it overrides literally everything else.

By your logic, then, you should be filled with an immense and irresistible affection for me when I call Donald Trump a crooked, underhanded con artist and you a reckless, ignorant dupe. You should fall madly in love with me when I accuse Donald Trump of being a spoiled, overgrown brat and you of being a cultish groupie enamored with fame. You should well up with pride and salute me as I mention that Donald Trump is a stuffed, soiled diaper sagging in the pants of American politics and you’re the poor, pitiful sap trying to elect it president. You don’t have to agree, but man, isn’t it refreshing that I’m willing to tell you what’s on my mind? Shouldn’t you leave a thousand comments under this article praising me for being politically incorrect, willing to attack not only Donald Trump but his blue collar supporters? In fact, if you’re sincere in your alleged regard for the bold and audacious approach, I expect you’ll have launched a nationwide write-in campaign for me by tomorrow morning.

But that’s not how this works, is it? You’ve already melted into a boiling puddle of rage and self-pity, haven’t you? You’re incensed and offended that I could be so “judgmental” and “dismissive” and “critical,” and 100 other qualities you find so orgasmically satisfying when they’re displayed by The Great Trump. You say you want some straight-shooting, honest, politically incorrect tough talk, but that’s simply a lie. If it were true, my inbox would not be filled to capacity with cartoonishly shocked and outraged Trump fans every time I utter a word of criticism in his direction. It shouldn’t matter that my criticisms are sharp and severe; you ought to revere me all the more for it. I thought you were tired of people walking on egg shells?

It turns out you don’t want Donald Trump to walk on egg shells, but you have fortified your own perimeter with a thick layer of egg shells and you expect anyone who comes near it to tip toe with extreme caution. It turns out you want to be coddled and cuddled and pandered to and excused. You’re in favor of whatever Trump says because Trump said it, but when it comes to how people talk about you and him, you expect to be treated like a soft and delicate flower.

You flock eagerly to a flamboyant, authoritarian billionaire fascist, and you feel you ought to be completely insulated from criticism while you do so. Everyone else ought to be subject to relentless and profane invective from an elderly Manhattan real estate heir, but you and he should be above reproach.

Tell it like it is? I’ll tell you like it is: In my life I’ve never encountered a group of people more averse to being told how it is. Of course, you believe you’re entitled to this attitude because you’re “angry.” Your “anger” indulges you with the moral authority to take leave of your reason and your common sense. Your anger, you believe, places you beyond judgment, even as you attempt to drag this country into a future of (more) tyranny and cultism. You believe the rest of us ought to take your supposedly righteous rage into account while you refuse to take anything but your own infatuation with spectacle and celebrity into account. Whatever concerns we raise, including the ones I’m raising now, can be written off in an instant. “WE’RE TIRED OF POLITICS AS USUAL! WE’RE ANGRY!” And that’s supposed to be some kind of rhetorical hall pass, permitting you to do and say what you please unchallenged.

Well let me be the first and perhaps the only to say this out loud, although millions of people share this sentiment quietly: I don’t care about your anger. There’s some more truth for you, friend. There’s some more “tellin’ it like it is.” Two can play at this game, you know. And the only difference is that I’m right.

I couldn’t take your anger seriously even if I wanted to. After all, you say you’re angry that people are too afraid to speak their minds, but, as we’ve established, you don’t really want anyone but Donald Trump to speak his mind.

You say you’re angry about the corruption in Washington, but you support a slimy swindler and fraudster who boasts of his bribery schemes and makes no apologies for shamelessly exploiting political corruption for personal gain.

You say you’re angry about illegal immigration, but you rally around a guy who supported amnesty as recently as 2013, employed illegal immigrants, and donated millions of dollars to open borders politicians like Rep. Nancy Pelosi, Sen. Chuck Schumer, and Hillary Clinton.

You say you’re angry about the establishment, but you worship a candidate who said only a few weeks ago that “you got to be a little establishment” in order to get things done, and who admits he “was the establishment” right until he ran for president.

You say you’re angry that Republicans won’t fight, but you hail as a warrior the same guy who says he’ll happily “work with the Democrats,” which probably explains why Sen. Harry Reid praised him and Jimmy Carter called him “malleable.” It is not uncommon for me to hear from Trump fans that they’re angry at “GOPe” Republicans for “cutting deals” and “compromising” in one breath, and in the very next that they want Trump because he’s really good at cutting deals and compromising.

Right down the list, you are blithely embracing every single thing you say you’re so angry about. Trump is the very embodiment of corruption, deception, cowardice, and elitism. He is precisely the sort of man you supposedly detest. Trump is exploiting America’s frustration with men like Trump. Trump is running against Trump. You are voting for Trump because you hate Trump. You are angry at politicians because they act like Trump and make deals like Trump and go to cocktail parties with men like Trump and look down on the little guy like Trump and possess the integrity of Trump, and so you’re solution is to elect Trump. Your anger at Trump leads you to Trump. Perhaps this explains why you’re so worried about politicians who are “controlled by donors,” but you aren’t at all concerned about a politicians who is the very donor you didn’t want controlling the political process. “I’m sick of these donors influencing the government! I have an idea: let’s make one president!”

Trump is the very embodiment of corruption, deception, cowardice, and elitism.

 

It seems more like schizophrenia than anger. Aside from chronic mental illness, there are only two explanations for a person who avidly supports the continuation of a thing because he’s angry at that thing: either he’s fantastically stupid, or he’s not actually angry at all.

Friend, I should tell you the most popular theory among non-Trump supporters is that you fall into the former category. When we talk to each other in private, almost everyone agrees you’re stupid. Again, you should, by your own words, hold me in the highest esteem for telling you this uncomfortable fact. People think you’re stupid, just as they thought about Barack Obama supporters in 2008.

The parallels between the two groups are indeed profound, as exit polls attest. Once again, people are voting because “they want change,” unconcerned by the fact that the change is ambiguous, non-specific, and, in fact, not really ”change” at all. A lot of people, grasping for an explanation as to how voters might be suckered by the same shtick three times in a row, just chalk it up to stupidity.

By the way, you should doubly love what I’m doing here because it appears very close to apophasis, which is a rhetorical device where the speaker coyly makes an accusation or insult in the context of denying or distancing himself from the unkind remark. “Many people believe my neighbor Jim is a thieving jerk who borrowed my garden hose last July and didn’t return it, but I’m not going to talk about it.” That kind of thing.

It’s a strategy Trump employs all the time, and you always go along with it, like when he called Megyn Kelly a bimbo by saying “I refuse to call Megyn Kelly a bimbo because that would be politically incorrect.” Like clockwork, you insisted that he didn’t call Megyn Kelly a bimbo; he merely brought up the fact that he would call her a bimbo if it weren’t so rude to do so.

Well, in similar fashion, I’m not calling you stupid, I’m just saying that other people call you stupid. You should therefore defend me against any accusation that I’ve called you stupid, just as you would Trump. But the difference is that I’m not being coy here. I really don’t think you’re stupid. I certainly don’t think I’m any smarter than you. I subscribe to the second theory: I don’t believe you’re really all that angry.

Your anger, to whatever extent it exists at all, is surface level. It’s a purely emotional experience, fed by a mob mentality. You’re angry in the way a rioter or looter is angry. Your temper might be flaring and your heart rate jumping and you might be filled with the uncontrollable urge to break a window, but underneath that anger is really something much closer to boredom and apathy. You don’t feel a real, intense, profound, deep and meaningful disgust at the corruption and malfeasance in Washington, because if you did there is simply no way you would support a man like Trump.

Unless, like I said, you’re stupid. But you aren’t stupid, and a non-stupid person, a serious person, who truly, deeply, intensely loathes the current state of affairs, who genuinely desires that his country be revived for the sake of his children, would not be turning to a blustery, boorish reality TV character with a catchphrase and a fake tan for answers.

I’m just telling it like it is here, friend. I’m telling you what’s on my mind. I’m being completely and painfully honest with you. I don’t believe your anger.  I think you want a spectacle, not a solution. A celebrity, not a statesman. A circus performer, not a leader. I think you want to be entertained. I think you’re not taking this seriously enough. I think you’re intellectually lazy so you’ve accepted authoritarianism as a stand-in for strength. I think you’re following the trend of the day. I think you’re wrapped up in media hype.

In other words, I think your anger, if it exists, is misplaced. You should be angry at yourself, because if this country falls finally and irrevocably into despotism, it’ll be your fault. You’ll have chosen it. You’ll have elected it and applauded it. That, my friend, is what makes me angry.

And that’s just how it is.


__________________
“If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 3,902
Reply with quote  #85 
Hey DC, KIR posted that a couple days ago - see post #13.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,616
Reply with quote  #86 
Bill Smith warned us that DC was a little slow.  Why doesn't DC just address bluedog with her trump hating, everyone else does.  

When I posted the link I also asked bluedog to respond, response was weak just like his candidate.  He attacked the other candidates in typical trumpkin fashion

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
DietCoke

Registered:
Posts: 2,144
Reply with quote  #87 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal
Bill Smith warned us that DC was a little slow.  Why doesn't DC just address bluedog with her trump hating, everyone else does.  

When I posted the link I also asked bluedog to respond, response was weak just like his candidate.  He attacked the other candidates in typical trumpkin fashion


Because, my dear girl, every other Republican except mikec, as I recall, said that if Trump is the Republican nominee, they WILL vote for him.  So that makes you all just as culpable as bluedog.

__________________
“If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,159
Reply with quote  #88 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCoke


Because, my dear girl, every other Republican except mikec, as I recall, said that if Trump is the Republican nominee, they WILL vote for him.  So that makes you all just as culpable as bluedog.


Not really.  We're pushing for someone other than Trump to be the GOP nominee while Bluedog is pushing Trump to be the nominee.  However, the general election is like the post-season.  We need to evaluate who the best candidate is among those remaining.  For me, if it's Trump or Hillary, I will vote for Trump.  Until then, though, Rubio is who I'm supporting.
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,056
Reply with quote  #89 
I had a pretty significant "discussion" about my stance today with some coworkers.  They said I was putting Hillary in the WH.

One of them was a Trumper, and the other a Kasicher.  I told them THEY were putting HC in the WH.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,616
Reply with quote  #90 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCoke


Because, my dear girl, every other Republican except mikec, as I recall, said that if Trump is the Republican nominee, they WILL vote for him.  So that makes you all just as culpable as bluedog.


    Well, I guess I am, carry on.  At least I'll vote, overall he was about my 5th or 6th choice .  

Cruz
Jindal
Christie
Rubio
Gilmore
Fiorina
Trump


p.s that mean we're sisters?

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.