Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 5 of 39     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #121 
Conservative poster writes angry posts including "screw you, aholes, and smart ass" aimed at Democrats.
     Conservative attitude of some - Nice work, atta boy, you da man.

Democrat recipient characterizes posts as "emotional tirade".
     Conservative response - Pompous, condescending.


Hypocrisy much?
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,585
Reply with quote  #122 
No, not much. The huge difference is I'm not whining about it, you're the one crying over your perceived treatment. I told you long ago, all is fair to me. "Internet forum, get a firm grip"

I knew you were sitting there waiting for the gotcha moment. You were just wanting to catch mike doing it, too bad. You have been pompous and condescending since I got here. Remember the Happy democrat thread, I do. You post your way, I'll post mine, just quit making it about you and then asking people to not make it about you. Hypocrisy much? Blankie and juice box

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #123 
You just seemed like the wrong person to be characterizing the posts of others as good, bad, condescending, or whatever.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,585
Reply with quote  #124 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
You just seemed like the wrong person to be characterizing the posts of others as good, bad, condescending, or whatever.


That's exactly what I thought when you were talking to someone you didn't even know here. You were the sheriff and you were going to challenge and question all who dared to enter. You were big bad pompous ass dewy. I can characterize the posts of others just as well as you can pompous ass. Believe it.



Originally Posted by Dewey
kiir - I don't see anything wrong with what you just said though I'm not 100% sure I understand your point. If you're going to join a forum with comments, be prepared for somebody to ask why you say what you say. That's the nature of the beast.

Since January of 2009, my Party has taken some pretty good shots inside here and while I don't "have to", I've taken it upon myself to challenge these criticisms. Sure I pressure people to substantiate their comments but, as you often see, members aren't forced to explain why they believe what they believe. It's all voluntary. As for sharing beliefs with strangers, if all your political philosophies are born strictly from family, is that necessarily a good thing? I don't know. I still say anybody who has read this forum for four years got as good a taste of left/right perspectives, often obnoxious for sure, as they can find in any TV show or family gathering. There are millions of organizations, families, communities, and the like carrying on political back and forths that eventually influence the philosophies individuals form, and ours is but one more.

Edit: I see you clarified a bit more and I'll respond. If you think two people can come into what is a public forum and discuss how bad President Obama is as a President, and ask other people like me to simply ignore the exchange, you are in the wrong forum. I'm sorry if you feel that way but I would suggest you two carry on with private messaging.

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,585
Reply with quote  #125 
I was in the "wrong forum" says you. Like I said, I don't care, I'm not whining, you are. I can handle your weak sauce. I am noting for the readers, that you were the tough guy who slays conservatives so they don't dare come back. I'll never let you forget even though those you ran off have no voice, they aren't here.
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #126 
"You were in the wrong forum" if you expected Democrats to sit idly by and not speak in their own defense.  Not this Democrat anyway.  Clearly, the objection to Democrats in this forum goes way back.
TylerDurden

Registered:
Posts: 3,869
Reply with quote  #127 
No Dewey, the objection to you goes way back. It has nothing to do with being a democrat. But as Donald says, keep swinging, swing for the fences.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #128 
Tyler - If there were ever a UCS Democrat who didn't suffer similar verbal abuse, you'd have a chance to convince me.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,032
Reply with quote  #129 
There is no objection to Democrats.  There is an objection to the policies they espouse.  Big difference.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #130 
pabar - Labels like POS, worst ever, cop haters, empty suit, dumbass, etc., tell me otherwise.
TylerDurden

Registered:
Posts: 3,869
Reply with quote  #131 
I'm just speaking for myself.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,032
Reply with quote  #132 
My suggestion - and it's only a suggestion - is to either drop it or drop out.  You're clearly not going to change minds.

My issue with you is not that you're a Democrat and I'm not sure that how we think about policies is all that different.  My issue is the methods you employ which aren't direct insults but they're unsavory nonetheless.

Not answering questions directly.
Moving goalposts.
Taking us down rabbitholes.
Coming up with hypotheticals that have no basis in history or reality.
The country club insults ("You fail to understand...")
The admission that you won't insult Obama because it's bad debate strategy.
The changing of answers without noting it. (Yes you did)


mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #133 
My "emotional tirade" went unanswered.  I said "take all my money", and that was posted as "see - Conservatives exaggerate, no one takes all your money", which is when I said, "ok smartW@@, more of my money".

At that point, I was told that all of my hard work and financial pain is of no import.  The only thing that is important is, if I make it, then the government wants it.

If you can't see how offensive that is, there is no hope for you.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #134 
pabar - You're repeating things you've told me before.  You can substitute any explanation you'd like but I'll stick with my reasoning that these personal attacks started, and continue, because I'm a Democrat.  Let's agree to disagree on this one. 

Btw, your last sentence is completely inaccurate outside of immediate editing for spelling, inaccurate sentences, etc., which we all do.  You've had many opportunities to share with the readers this story where you accuse me of changing context of an exchange.  You've refused to date yet you continue your unsubstantiated accusation.

Edit:  mikec, who told you that?
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,585
Reply with quote  #135 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
Tyler - If there were ever a UCS Democrat who didn't suffer similar verbal abuse, you'd have a chance to convince me.


Susan, the great American conservative, experienced it here also and was done to her by your harem.
Your comment about 2 members in a conversation didn't just apply to talk of your manlove obama, it applied to every conversation by two people that you felt you had to BUTT into, bar none.

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 2,729
Reply with quote  #136 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
pabar - You're repeating things you've told me before.  You can substitute any explanation you'd like but I'll stick with my reasoning that these personal attacks started, and continue, because I'm a Democrat.  Let's agree to disagree on this one. 

Btw, your last sentence is completely inaccurate outside of immediate editing for spelling, inaccurate sentences, etc., which we all do.  You've had many opportunities to share with the readers this story where you accuse me of changing context of an exchange.  You've refused to date yet you continue your unsubstantiated accusation.

Edit:  mikec, who told you that?



See Pabar, you are a liar, but dewey doesn't understand that he just called you a liar.

__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,585
Reply with quote  #137 
Dewy's rule

"If you're going to join a forum with comments, be prepared for somebody to ask why you say what you say. That's the nature of the beast."

You be prepared also pompous ass

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,032
Reply with quote  #138 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
pabar - You're repeating things you've told me before.  Are you saying I can't reinforce my arguments?  You can substitute any explanation you'd like but I'll stick with my reasoning that these personal attacks started, and continue, because I'm a Democrat.  Let's agree to disagree on this one.  We absolutely disagree.

Btw, your last sentence is completely inaccurate outside of immediate editing for spelling, inaccurate sentences, etc., which we all do.  You've had many opportunities to share with the readers this story where you accuse me of changing context of an exchange.  You've refused to date yet you continue your unsubstantiated accusation.  I know it happened but its occurrence is exactly why I can't substantiate it.

Edit:  mikec, who told you that?


My opinion is that you're loving this.  Most discussions eventually turn toward your complaining about how you're treated.  As I've also said before, and in my opinion only, if you would just be intellectually honest, you would have a much better relationship with the folks in here.

We are going on 10 straight years of GDP growth of less than 2.5%.  First time ever.  Under Obama, income disparity is at an all-time high.  So are the use of food stamps and disability payments.  Labor participation is at its lowest point in 30+ years.  The ONLY reason we came out of the recession and have managed the anemic growth we have is because of the Fed's money printing and keeping interest rates artificially low.  That is Obama's economic legacy.

Race relations are far worse than when Obama took office.

His numerous scandals have been successfully muted by a willing media and the lackeys that he's put in place in Justice.

With foreign policy, it's worse and I detailed a few days ago the list of problems that Obama and Hillary created.

Despite all this, you think Obama will go down as one of the best or the best president in history.  The comment is so farcical that I don't know whether to laugh or just stand here with my mouth agape.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #139 
Do what you need to do but, if you wanted my advice, do it respectfully.

Lost - Pabar has his reasons for his objections toward me and I have my opinions on why some have objections towards me.

Edit:  Lost, I said I'm found objectionable in this forum because I'm a Democrat.  He said it had nothing to do with that.  How could he possibly know and is he calling me a liar?  I'm willing to accept he is sharing his opinion.  Btw, you do know he wasn't even part of the conversation?
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,585
Reply with quote  #140 
Was a decent thread before bluedog made an appearance and pulled his inner dewy out of his ass.
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,032
Reply with quote  #141 
A first glimpse into Trump abandoning his promise to build a wall and deport illegals.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/02/report-donald-trump-backtracking-on-border-wall


TylerDurden

Registered:
Posts: 3,869
Reply with quote  #142 
I'm shocked by this...
Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 2,729
Reply with quote  #143 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
Do what you need to do but, if you wanted my advice, do it respectfully.

Lost - Pabar has his reasons for his objections toward me and I have my opinions on why some have objections towards me.

Edit:  Lost, I said I'm found objectionable in this forum because I'm a Democrat.  He said it had nothing to do with that.  How could he possibly know and is he calling me a liar?  I'm willing to accept he is sharing his opinion.  Btw, you do know he wasn't even part of the conversation?




You addressed Pabar, I also know first hand that your back handed reasoning got my hackles up several times. Your party affiliation means nothing. To make it simpler, it isn't me, it is you, it is the unprovable/reasonable crap you continue to throw out there thread after thread.


Use some deductive reasoning, it is clear to everyone in here but you........




Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
pabar - You're repeating things you've told me before.  You can substitute any explanation you'd like but I'll stick with my reasoning that these personal attacks started, and continue, because I'm a Democrat.  Let's agree to disagree on this one. 

Btw, your last sentence is completely inaccurate outside of immediate editing for spelling, inaccurate sentences, etc., which we all do.  You've had many opportunities to share with the readers this story where you accuse me of changing context of an exchange.  You've refused to date yet you continue your unsubstantiated accusation.

Edit:  mikec, who told you that?

__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 2,729
Reply with quote  #144 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
Conservative poster writes angry posts including "screw you, aholes, and smart ass" aimed at Democrats.
     Conservative attitude of some - Nice work, atta boy, you da man.

Democrat recipient characterizes posts as "emotional tirade".
     Conservative response - Pompous, condescending.


Hypocrisy much?



Seems Dewey stayed away from this whole thread, but I can't find where he called out Dinger......


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_1
In doing research on BLM, Timothy McVeigh railed about them for falsifying records in New Mexico. Interesting to read his words 20 years later.......



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinger
You seriously sympathize with Timothy McVeigh- what a sicko! You might feel differently if your children were at the daycare. Go to Oklahoma City and take a look - then think again about your opinion.


Guess Dinger didn't do enough research to know I have lived in Oklahoma since I was 5.




Hypocrisy much?

__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #145 
Lost - It appears it's me and every other Democrat who has ever stepped inside here.  Btw, sicko is not at label I would toss at another member. 
TylerDurden

Registered:
Posts: 3,869
Reply with quote  #146 
Again Dewey, it's not your being a democrat that makes people not like you, it's your posting style.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #147 
Tyler - The other day I was told this has nothing to do with people liking or not liking me, they don't even know me.  You all seem to have a different perspective here so I'll leave it to you guys to determine who is right.  My own personal feeling is that this is primarily because I'm a Democrat.  I have too many complimentary PM's from Conservatives over the years to believe my posting, or my behavior, is what's behind these personal attacks.  Growing objections with Obama has led to greater disgust with Obama supporters.  That's my general personal opinion and forgive me if I hold it.
TylerDurden

Registered:
Posts: 3,869
Reply with quote  #148 
You are certainly welcome to your own opinion. Forgive me if I don't let you present it as fact.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #149 
Tyler - You said people don't like me and pabar said that's impossible because they don't know me.  You both presented them as facts.  Now which one is telling the truth?
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,032
Reply with quote  #150 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
Tyler - You said people don't like me and pabar said that's impossible because they don't know me.  You both presented them as facts.  Now which one is telling the truth?


You're wrong about that.  I just said that it has nothing to do with you being a Democrat.  Show me a post that says "I don't like you because you're a Democrat".
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.