Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 8,086
Reply with quote  #1 
Is legal.  Supreme Court sets it right.

http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/89ae8247abe8493fae24405546e9a1aa/Article_2017-06-26-US-Supreme-Court-Travel-Ban/id-95197569c86d41f18268a24a6b57ec4f

hahahaha.   Dem activists courts blown out of the water. 

__________________
I'm more getting a sense that willie wynn is dewey is a F'n loser. 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 24,285
Reply with quote  #2 
Right on.  Where's the "Happy Democrat" thread?
BAMATARD gonna shoot up a baseball game?

Thank goodness we have people who still care about our safety

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,993
Reply with quote  #3 
Yes indeed. I like the caveat that having verifiable relatives here allows you to stay while they sort it out. Is that accurate? I just heard it on the news, haven't read the ruling yet.
__________________
"Dewy cites anomalies because he is an anomaly, he's an outlier in a sea of testosterone." 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 24,285
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce
Yes indeed. I like the caveat that having verifiable relatives here allows you to stay while they sort it out. Is that accurate? I just heard it on the news, haven't read the ruling yet.


Quick get to CNN, ASAP

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,993
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal


Quick get to CNN, STAT



hehe FTFY

__________________
"Dewy cites anomalies because he is an anomaly, he's an outlier in a sea of testosterone." 
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 8,086
Reply with quote  #6 
Just released.  It is a partial stay of the lower courts order.  

"The court did leave one category of foreigners protected, those "with a credible claim of a bona fide relationship with a person or entity in the United States," the court said in an unsigned opinion"

They will hear the case in October. 

__________________
I'm more getting a sense that willie wynn is dewey is a F'n loser. 
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,380
Reply with quote  #7 
90 day stay.  Will extreme vetting program be done by then?

Took 4 months to get this in place, which was what the original ban was supposed to be for.  But hey, smartest POTUS ever - take down the statute of Jesus in my church and  put up the Don.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 8,086
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
90 day stay.  Will extreme vetting program be done by then?

Took 4 months to get this in place, which was what the original ban was supposed to be for.  But hey, smartest POTUS ever - take down the statute of Jesus in my church and  put up the Don.

Does it upset you that he is trying to do something about terrorist using our immigration system to infiltrate and attack us?   He has to abide by the law. 

__________________
I'm more getting a sense that willie wynn is dewey is a F'n loser. 
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,993
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
90 day stay.  Will extreme vetting program be done by then?

Took 4 months to get this in place, which was what the original ban was supposed to be for.  But hey, smartest POTUS ever - take down the statute of Jesus in my church and  put up the Don.


#WWJDMAGA


[1_Gallery] 

__________________
"Dewy cites anomalies because he is an anomaly, he's an outlier in a sea of testosterone." 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 24,285
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce



hehe FTFY


I damn near added STAT, glad you were paying attention

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,380
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist

Does it upset you that he is trying to do something about terrorist using our immigration system to infiltrate and attack us?   He has to abide by the law. 


not at all, and I think he's well within his rights to do so w/o interference from some bleeding heart court.   and you didn't answer the vetting question
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 322
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
90 day stay.  Will extreme vetting program be done by then?

Took 4 months to get this in place, which was what the original ban was supposed to be for.  But hey, smartest POTUS ever - take down the statute of Jesus in my church and  put up the Don.


Mike, are you blaming Trump for the actions of liberal judges?  Regardless of how Trump would have framed a travel ban, these liberal judges would have blocked it.  So then, isn't the option to just accept that potential radicals can enter the country at will.  I support Trump's efforts in this regard and see the liberal court actions as the problem given what I perceive as the President of the United States' powers.  

Mike, since you are critical of Trump in this regard, what would you have had him do?

Edited to add:

Mike, missed your last response before posting this so we're good.

Per vetting, tough question and one in which the powers that be would have to draw up some plan and release that info to Americans.  It is obvious that sources in those nations included in the bad have suspect records on these individuals attempting to come to America.  

__________________
Those mountains in front of you will seem like little hills when you are beyond them and they are in the past!
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,380
Reply with quote  #13 
Not at all, you misread what I was saying.

This "ban" was supposed to be a 120 day temporary thing to allow the "extreme vetting" program time to be developed.  At 120 days, the ban expires, and vetting begins.

It has been more than 120 days - where's the program?

This "ban" is only for 90 days - will the vetting program be done then?

If all this is is a 90 day temporary halt, then it doesn't really do much at all, does it?

edit: I suppose it gets plenty of headlines, and gives the illusion of actually doing something


Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachB25


Mike, are you blaming Trump for the actions of liberal judges?  Regardless of how Trump would have framed a travel ban, these liberal judges would have blocked it.  So then, isn't the option to just accept that potential radicals can enter the country at will.  I support Trump's efforts in this regard and see the liberal court actions as the problem given what I perceive as the President of the United States' powers.  

Mike, since you are critical of Trump in this regard, what would you have had him do?
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,993
Reply with quote  #14 
Maybe this will help mike. Finally the liberal court obstruction of trump's vetting is being rejected.



"Washington (CNN)---While the most controversial provisions of the President's revised ban blocking travel to the US remain tied up in the courts, a federal appeals court formally cleared the way late Monday for different portions of the executive order to move forward.

The Trump administration can now conduct internal reviews of other countries' vetting procedures for visa applicants while the broader case is on review in the US Supreme Court.
  
The 9th Circuit concluded that US District Court Judge Derrick Watson's decision was overbroad in certain limited respects, and reversed the portions of Watson's ruling that barred the administration from conducting internal reviews of other countries' vetting procedures -- a move Secretary John Kelly called a "big win" last week in an interview with CNN's Tal Kopan."

__________________
"Dewy cites anomalies because he is an anomaly, he's an outlier in a sea of testosterone." 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 24,285
Reply with quote  #15 
[image]
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 24,285
Reply with quote  #16 
[image]
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 24,285
Reply with quote  #17 
9-0
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 8,086
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal
9-0

of course it was 9-0.  Stupid libtard judges.  

__________________
I'm more getting a sense that willie wynn is dewey is a F'n loser. 
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 8,086
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce
Maybe this will help mike. Finally the liberal court obstruction of trump's vetting is being rejected.



"Washington (CNN)---While the most controversial provisions of the President's revised ban blocking travel to the US remain tied up in the courts, a federal appeals court formally cleared the way late Monday for different portions of the executive order to move forward.

The Trump administration can now conduct internal reviews of other countries' vetting procedures for visa applicants while the broader case is on review in the US Supreme Court.
  
The 9th Circuit concluded that US District Court Judge Derrick Watson's decision was overbroad in certain limited respects, and reversed the portions of Watson's ruling that barred the administration from conducting internal reviews of other countries' vetting procedures -- a move Secretary John Kelly called a "big win" last week in an interview with CNN's Tal Kopan."

Let's see if mike can read through is nevertrump glasses and come up with negative spin on this ?




__________________
I'm more getting a sense that willie wynn is dewey is a F'n loser. 
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 322
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
Not at all, you misread what I was saying.

This "ban" was supposed to be a 120 day temporary thing to allow the "extreme vetting" program time to be developed.  At 120 days, the ban expires, and vetting begins.

It has been more than 120 days - where's the program?

This "ban" is only for 90 days - will the vetting program be done then?

If all this is is a 90 day temporary halt, then it doesn't really do much at all, does it?

edit: I suppose it gets plenty of headlines, and gives the illusion of actually doing something




First, if I misread then I apologize.  Secondly, I don't actually know why a plan isn't ready to put into place but would hazard a guess.  Since the Supreme Court had to rule on this and knowing that they would put stipulations on the presidential action, perhaps those in power had to wait to see exactly what the Supreme Court decided.  An example would then be statements like college students already in school in the United States will not have to undergo any vetting to, "get back in" if they go home to visit.  

__________________
Those mountains in front of you will seem like little hills when you are beyond them and they are in the past!
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 24,285
Reply with quote  #21 
[DDQ3PPGWsAAaQwF]
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 24,285
Reply with quote  #22 
[image]
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 24,285
Reply with quote  #23 
Crickets still from opionated fresh. Winning is getting so boring
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 2,996
Reply with quote  #24 
So, how many terrorists that have been admitted committed atrocities while the ban was stayed? Who snuck through while the presidents EO was foiled? Everybody knows it was nobody. Terrorists here are American citizens.
woody

Registered:
Posts: 9,258
Reply with quote  #25 
Everybody does not know that. That is your opinion. Just because you think or "feel" no terrorist were admitted during the stay does not make it a fact. Please use common sense when making attempts at debate.
__________________
Rats flee from the sinking vessel. They traverse nimbly upon a rope, safely cleated to the dock, that is private enterprise. Socialism is dead, and tits up in the water. A bloated, death show, for rubberneckers of all classes to view.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 2,996
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
Everybody does not know that. That is your opinion. Just because you think or "feel" no terrorist were admitted during the stay does not make it a fact. Please use common sense when making attempts at debate.


Show me where I'm wrong. I didn't say I felt anything. I said the terrorists in the country are usually citzens. Our vetting system is more than adequate and doesn't need trump grand standing to inspire his 35%ers. 

Same question, teach me something:

So, how many terrorists that have been admitted, committed atrocities while the ban was stayed? 
woody

Registered:
Posts: 9,258
Reply with quote  #27 
No, you stated that no terrorist were admitted during the stay. I said that just because you believe or feel no one admitted during the travel ban stay could be a terrorist doesn't make it a fact. If a person that was admitted during the stay commits an act of terrorism in the future, I would be proven correct. You on the other hand have stated that no terrorist entered our country during that period of time based on something other than facts. That is either opinion, or emotion, but it is not fact based. I mentioned nothing about homegrown terrorist, you did. Please try to debate without letting emotions, or feelings enter into your responses. With the use of facts, you might get the hang of this debate thingy eventually.
__________________
Rats flee from the sinking vessel. They traverse nimbly upon a rope, safely cleated to the dock, that is private enterprise. Socialism is dead, and tits up in the water. A bloated, death show, for rubberneckers of all classes to view.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 8,086
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
So, how many terrorists that have been admitted committed atrocities while the ban was stayed? Who snuck through while the presidents EO was foiled? Everybody knows it was nobody. Terrorists here are American citizens.

Just since 2010.  

Boston Marathon Pressure cooker bomb - Tsarnaev brothers were asylum seekers from Chetznya.
2010 Times Square car bombing attempt - Faisal Shahzad immigraed from Pakistan. 
Virginia bombing attempt - Farooque Ahmed was son of immigrants. 
Cargo Planes bomb plot - Al Qaeda AP took responsiblity for placing bombs on 2 cargo planes headed for the US.  The bombs were discovered in the UK and in Dabai before making it to the US.
Northern Virginia military shootings and bombing - Prime suspect is Yonathan Melaku who immigrated from Ethopia
2010 Portland car bomb plot - Moahmed Osman Mohamud immigrated from Somali, came to America as a refugee.
2010 Bowling Green bombing attempt - Two Iraqi immigrants    Waad Ramadan Alwan and Mohanad Shareef Hammad came to the US as refugees.
2014 Seattle shootings - Main suspect was US citizen Ali Muhammad Brown, but accomplices were Somali immigrants.  They shot and killed gays in a night club.
2014 Vaughan Foods beheadingAlton Alexander Nolen aka "Jah'Keem Yisrael" .  An american the converted to Islam and radicalised.  Vaughns Chief Operating Officer shot and killed the attacker, ending his attack.   Good thing he had his gun that day, huh?
 
2014 Queens hatchet attack - Another recent muslim convert.  Zale H. Thompson (c. 1982 – October 23, 2014), also known as Zaim Farouq Abdul-Malik.
Curtis Culwell Center attack -  Another recent muslim convert.  Elton Simpson and Nadir Hamid Soofi.  

I only got halfway through the list.  

All of the September 11 2001 attackers entered the US from abroad on travel visa's. 

Links:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_States#2010–present



__________________
I'm more getting a sense that willie wynn is dewey is a F'n loser. 
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 8,086
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh


Show me where I'm wrong. I didn't say I felt anything. I said the terrorists in the country are usually citzens. Our vetting system is more than adequate and doesn't need trump grand standing to inspire his 35%ers. 

Same question, teach me something:

So, how many terrorists that have been admitted, committed atrocities while the ban was stayed? 

We do not believe the vetting system is adequate.  We voted for Trump to get things greatly improved.  Too many terrorists trying to do harm to US citizens.  Trump should be applauded for trying to put a stop to the slaughter of innocent citizens of the United States.

__________________
I'm more getting a sense that willie wynn is dewey is a F'n loser. 
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 2,996
Reply with quote  #30 
Your usual sloppy work. I assume you cut and pasted from another source. Literally none of the first 6 instances you used would have been prevented. Almost all were US citizens.....as I said. You have got to raise that bar.


Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist

Just since 2010.  

Boston Marathon Pressure cooker bomb - Tsarnaev brothers were asylum seekers from Chetznya.Entered country in 2004. Became devout Muslim in 2008. Radicalized in 2010 while living in the US, became militant upon returning from trip to Russia. 
2010 Times Square car bombing attempt - Faisal Shahzad immigraed from Pakistan. Shahzad is a naturalized U.S. citizen.
Virginia bombing attempt - Farooque Ahmed was son of immigrants. Ahmed was born in Pakistan and is a naturalized U.S. citizen
Cargo Planes bomb plot - Al Qaeda AP took responsiblity for placing bombs on 2 cargo planes headed for the US.  The bombs were discovered in the UK and in Dabai before making it to the US.Not sure how this even applies to the Muslim ban.
Northern Virginia military shootings and bombing - Prime suspect is Yonathan Melaku who immigrated from Ethopia Suspects are innocent until tried and convicted. Do you respect our rule of law?
2010 Portland car bomb plot - Moahmed Osman Mohamud immigrated from Somali, came to America as a refugee.Moahmed is a naturalized U.S. citizen.
2010 Bowling Green bombing attempt - Two Iraqi immigrants    Waad Ramadan Alwan and Mohanad Shareef Hammad came to the US as refugees.
2014 Seattle shootings - Main suspect was US citizen Ali Muhammad Brown, but accomplices were Somali immigrants.  They shot and killed gays in a night club.
2014 Vaughan Foods beheadingAlton Alexander Nolen aka "Jah'Keem Yisrael" .  An american the converted to Islam and radicalised.  Vaughns Chief Operating Officer shot and killed the attacker, ending his attack.   Good thing he had his gun that day, huh?
 
2014 Queens hatchet attack - Another recent muslim convert.  Zale H. Thompson (c. 1982 – October 23, 2014), also known as Zaim Farouq Abdul-Malik.
Curtis Culwell Center attack -  Another recent muslim convert.  Elton Simpson and Nadir Hamid Soofi.  

I only got halfway through the list.  

All of the September 11 2001 attackers entered the US from abroad on travel visa's. 

Links:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_States#2010–present


Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.