Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 4 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,554
Reply with quote  #91 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


1 win against AM, only 2 appearances against LSU & AL.

28 2/3 IP, 13 ER, 48 BR
3.17 ERA
1.674 WHIP

outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,027
Reply with quote  #92 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns

28 2/3 IP, 13 ER, 48 BR
3.17 ERA
1.674 WHIP



As a freshman, going from Sunbelt play to SEC etc hitters, passable I guess. At AZ under Mowatt I'm sure she will show improvement. Her learning curve will be short lived. Arrives first week January with less than a month to prepare. OJT & AZ needs help in circle. Will be fun to watch her progress. Thanks for stats 3left.

ChinMusic

Registered:
Posts: 603
Reply with quote  #93 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftytwosdad
Alyssa Denham is going to be an Arizona Wildcat!


Since I have been informed that I don’t know anything...I’ll seek some enlightenment. What is the consensus on the message these transfers are sending?

“If I can’t play for Mike I’ll leave, ie I can’t play for an administration that would fire him”
“I just can’t play for Glasco”
“This place is a s_ _ _ show, I’m gone”
“I can’t play with these players that didn’t support Mike”
“I can’t play with these players that did support Mike”
Other????

Honest question.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,559
Reply with quote  #94 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftytwosdad
Alyssa Denham is going to be an Arizona Wildcat!


Say what!!!!!!!
rudymartinez

Registered:
Posts: 467
Reply with quote  #95 
The longer they play softball, the more successful softball teams emulate baseball. Denham will probably never be the ace of the staff, but she could be valuable eating up important innings. See Nat'l champs OU and Missouri transfer Paige Lowery.
SmileyAnders

Registered:
Posts: 846
Reply with quote  #96 
Denham made it very clear in her statement.
Quote:
“If I can’t play for Mike I’ll leave, ie I can’t play for an administration that would fire him” 

The majority of it was about Lotief.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,554
Reply with quote  #97 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinMusic
Since I have been informed that I don’t know anything...I’ll seek some enlightenment. What is the consensus on the message these transfers are sending? “If I can’t play for Mike I’ll leave, ie I can’t play for an administration that would fire him” “I just can’t play for Glasco” “This place is a s_ _ _ show, I’m gone” “I can’t play with these players that didn’t support Mike” “I can’t play with these players that did support Mike” Other???? Honest question.
Other?

"I'd like to have a legit shot of OKC, the pinnacle of what we put in all these hours for..."?

And, yes, at that level, more hours are spent with softball than any other aspect of college

ChinMusic

Registered:
Posts: 603
Reply with quote  #98 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns

Other?

"I'd like to have a legit shot of OKC, the pinnacle of what we put in all these hours for..."?

And, yes, at that level, more hours are spent with softball than any other aspect of college



Good point
TexasSoftball1199

Registered:
Posts: 340
Reply with quote  #99 
If what I saw at the softball state tournament (Texas) sticks, Casey Dixon would’ve most likely been the ace anyway so Denham may have made a wise choice.
__________________
Hook 'Em and Sic 'Em
Bs_

Registered:
Posts: 1
Reply with quote  #100 
To be seen
D22

Registered:
Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #101 
The word on the street is Aleah Craighton is leaving also either Arizona or possibly Alabama.  


__________________
[cool]
softballoldie1

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #102 
Not surprising that Craighton would also be leaving.  How long until the recent transfers to ULL, Dalton and O'Neal both sophomores, announce they are leaving too?  They certainly didn't transfer to ULL to see all the coaches get fired and the best players leave.  No doubt they feel cheated.  
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,277
Reply with quote  #103 
Quote:
Originally Posted by softballoldie1
Not surprising that Craighton would also be leaving.  How long until the recent transfers to ULL, Dalton and O'Neal both sophomores, announce they are leaving too?  They certainly didn't transfer to ULL to see all the coaches get fired and the best players leave.  No doubt they feel cheated.  


I’m a little over Dalton
upontop

Registered:
Posts: 71
Reply with quote  #104 
It would be shocking to see Dalton leave, considering with the one time transfer rule she would have to sit out a year or go the JUCO route. I don’t think she is the type to go the JUCO route, but I could be wrong. She is a great talent if she can find her place.
NotaCoach

Registered:
Posts: 8
Reply with quote  #105 
Quote:
Originally Posted by D22
The word on the street is Aleah Craighton is leaving also either Arizona or possibly Alabama.  

NotaCoach

Registered:
Posts: 8
Reply with quote  #106 
Aleigha Craighton is going to Arizona!!

Best of luck to her!
CajunAmos

Registered:
Posts: 1,034
Reply with quote  #107 
Don't know why P12 teams taking former Cajuns. After all, everyone knows they can't hit P5 pitching. [biggrin]
SmileyAnders

Registered:
Posts: 846
Reply with quote  #108 
GG gonna have his work cut out for him. 
PBLC20

Registered:
Posts: 138
Reply with quote  #109 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAnders
GG gonna have his work cut out for him. 


After his introductory press conference, I think we should still expect a 45-win season.  After all, they hired GG, not some D2 schmuck or anyone else who isn't a big-time coach.
SmileyAnders

Registered:
Posts: 846
Reply with quote  #110 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBLC20


After his introductory press conference, I think we should still expect a 45-win season.  After all, they hired GG, not some D2 schmuck or anyone else who isn't a big-time coach.

Won 47 last year and 46 the year before. Now the top 4 hitters and best returning pitcher all gone, so far. If you win 45 GG pulled off a miracle. Doesn't really say much about long term but this year is a tough spot. 
softballoldie1

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #111 
Quote:
Originally Posted by upontop
It would be shocking to see Dalton leave, considering with the one time transfer rule she would have to sit out a year or go the JUCO route. I don’t think she is the type to go the JUCO route, but I could be wrong. She is a great talent if she can find her place.


There is a process for a waiver of the transfer rules for extraordinary circumstances- I would submit that this whole ULL situation qualifies as extraordinary.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,554
Reply with quote  #112 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAnders

Won 47 last year and 46 the year before. Now the top 4 hitters and best returning pitcher all gone, so far. If you win 45 GG pulled off a miracle. Doesn't really say much about long term but this year is a tough spot. 
Yeah... that was purely a shot at his comment about those other coaches
D22

Registered:
Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #113 
Looks like 55 games total last year.  Seems almost impossible to win 45 right out the gate.  I wouldn't be surprised if they are in the Sunbelt championship game.    

SCHOOLCONFERENCECONF. PCTOVERALLOVERALL PCTSTREAK
Louisiana23-10.95847-80.855L2
Texas State18-80.69242-170.712L2
Georgia State18-90.66736-250.590L1
South Alabama15-120.55635-200.636L1
UTA14-130.51932-280.533L3
Georgia Southern12-150.44424-290.453L7
ULM11-160.40733-300.524L1
Coastal Carolina10-160.38532-230.582L1
Troy8-190.29620-340.370L5
Appalachian State2-220.08314-340.292

__________________
[cool]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.