Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,019
Reply with quote  #1 

1. Kentucky

2. FSU

3. Oklahoma

4. UCLA

5. Arkansas

Nextyear

Registered:
Posts: 195
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns

1. Kentucky

2. FSU

3. Oklahoma

4. UCLA

5. Arkansas



I think UK is a weak region. UK a weak 16, Michigan not a great 2 and ND a weak 3
Grindz

Registered:
Posts: 703
Reply with quote  #3 
Auburn in Tallahassee will be interesting 
Kurosawa

Registered:
Posts: 3,025
Reply with quote  #4 
Washington
hofpridefan

Registered:
Posts: 425
Reply with quote  #5 
South Carolina's could be tough as well. RPI as of 5/6:
South Carolina - 11
Hofstra - 22
Liberty - 36
UNCG - 57

Have to assume each of those RPI's went up a little bit after conference tournament play wrapped up.
Softballjunkie223

Registered:
Posts: 885
Reply with quote  #6 
Which regional could pull an upset?
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,019
Reply with quote  #7 
When Rupp or Beaubien are pitching, their teams are on pretty solid footing
DJPort2008

Registered:
Posts: 803
Reply with quote  #8 
Washington got a tougher regional than expected.
oufanforever

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #9 
I still remember trailing Tulsa 2-4 in the bottom of the 10th :P
__________________
 
Montana_Wa

Registered:
Posts: 131
Reply with quote  #10 
I think OSU could upset Bama!
Nextyear

Registered:
Posts: 195
Reply with quote  #11 
I think South Carolina got the toughest regional. They have 3 good teams in with them and easily could have been a 7 or 8. Tough draw.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,019
Reply with quote  #12 
Dung pitched great against Oregon yesterday. Not gonna count out Jaz and the Bears
MOJOERASER

Registered:
Posts: 217
Reply with quote  #13 
Arkansas is the toughest to me I could see three teams win it. Kentucky is second toughest.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,019
Reply with quote  #14 
Beaubien with a 2.84 ERA the past six outings, against bad teams
DunninLA

Registered:
Posts: 4,921
Reply with quote  #15 
well I'm sure somebody will take the RPI for each team in each Region and post it.   We see that every year.  Should take another hour or so but it will be up for analysis and discussion.
__________________
qui tacet consentire videtur
smcouvillion

Registered:
Posts: 191
Reply with quote  #16 
WASHINGTON

Minnesota can put up a fight

Texas almost beat them

Boise State leads the NCAA in BA and can hit some homers

Combine all this with Alvelo who may not be healthy, and a Plain who isn't great on an off day
Devin22

Registered:
Posts: 1,112
Reply with quote  #17 
Somebody on the committee must have "Murphy" as a last name..... 
LandLottery

Registered:
Posts: 153
Reply with quote  #18 
I think Oklahoma got a break.  Boston is the team that could surprise.  But, OU was beaten by Boston.  So, they won't be looking past Boston (like they did last year against N Dakota State).  OU has seen Tulsa's pitcher for two years prior to this one.  But, she's about all that Tulsa has.  I don't think Mizzou will get the opportunity to play against Conrad or Lowary in a reunion.  They'll lose out to Boston and  Tulsa.

Arkansas may well have a problem in their regional.  It is not good to be #94 in fielding or to have poor hitting while playing OSU.
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 1,664
Reply with quote  #19 
These are the five strongest regionals (based on the RPI of the 2 best teams in each regional):

1. Florida State (#6) - Auburn (#17)  11.5 avg. RPI
2. Arizona State (#7) - Long Beach State (#18)  12.5
3. Oklahoma (#3) - Missouri (#23)  13.0
4. Texas A&M (#13) - Baylor (#16)  14.5
5. LSU (#9) - Louisiana (#21)  15.0

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And these are the five weakest regionals:

16. Arkansas (#19) - Oklahoma State (#26)  22.5
15. Kentucky (#14) - Michigan (#30)  22.0
14. Alabama (#15) - Oregon State (#24)  19.5
13. Georgia (#10) - California (#29)  19.5
12. Oregon (#1) - Drake (#37)  19.0
smcouvillion

Registered:
Posts: 191
Reply with quote  #20 
Regionals in order from STRONGEST to WEAKEST (Based upon RPI)
  1. South Carolina - 31.5
  2. Washington - 34
  3. Arkansas - 36.25
  4. Arizona State - 38.75
  5. LSU - 41
  6. Florida State - 43.5
  7. Oklahoma - 45
  8. Arizona - 47.75
  9. Alabama - 50.25
  10. Tennessee - 53.75
  11. Kentucky - 57.5
  12. Oregon - 61
  13. Georgia - 64.75
  14. UCLA - 71
  15. Florida - 71.75
  16. Texas A&M - 83.5
Really annoys me how 3/4 top 4 RPI teams have some of the weakest regionals...

Move some teams around and make it tougher for them to move on!!!
RPI_Guy

Registered:
Posts: 44
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcouvillion
Regionals in order from STRONGEST to WEAKEST (Based upon RPI)
  1. South Carolina - 31.5
  2. Washington - 34
  3. Arkansas - 36.25
  4. Arizona State - 38.75
  5. LSU - 41
  6. Florida State - 43.5
  7. Oklahoma - 45
  8. Arizona - 47.75
  9. Alabama - 50.25
  10. Tennessee - 53.75
  11. Kentucky - 57.5
  12. Oregon - 61
  13. Georgia - 64.75
  14. UCLA - 71
  15. Florida - 71.75
  16. Texas A&M - 83.5
Really annoys me how 3/4 top 4 RPI teams have some of the weakest regionals...

Move some teams around and make it tougher for them to move on!!!


It seems that there is such a large variation in RPIs of the 4 seeds, I would interested to see how the regionals rank when you take the average RPI of the 1-3 seeds at each regional and take out the variation created by the 4 seed.
midwestfp

Registered:
Posts: 891
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI_Guy


It seems that there is such a large variation in RPIs of the 4 seeds, I would interested to see how the regionals rank when you take the average RPI of the 1-3 seeds at each regional and take out the variation created by the 4 seed.


EXACTLY my thought!!  Including the #4s in the RPI averages makes it very misleading.  
RPI_Guy

Registered:
Posts: 44
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestfp


EXACTLY my thought!!  Including the #4s in the RPI averages makes it very misleading.  


Here is the ranking of the toughest regionals (Average RPI of Seeds 1-3 in each regional):

1) Florida State 19.0
2) South Carolina 20.0
3) Washington 21.7
4) Arizona State 22.7
5) Texas A&M 23.3
6) LSU 24.0
7) Oklahoma 25.0
8t) Florida 25.3
     Georgia 25.3
10) Arizona 26.0
11t) Arkansas 26.3
       UCLA 26.3
13) Oregon 28.3
14) Kentucky 28.7
15) Tennessee 29.3
16) Alabama 30.7


Looking at the rankings this way seems to tell a more true picture of the difficulty of the regionals and it also shows that the regionals are more evenly distributed than when looking at rankings that contain the #4 seeds.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,548
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hofpridefan
South Carolina's could be tough as well. RPI as of 5/6:
South Carolina - 11
Hofstra - 22
Liberty - 36
UNCG - 57

Have to assume each of those RPI's went up a little bit after conference tournament play wrapped up.


Agreed.  That UNCG team could beat any of those teams on a good day.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,548
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Beaubien with a 2.84 ERA the past six outings, against bad teams


What is Baalman's over the last 6 outings? (spelling?)
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,019
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcouvillion
Regionals in order from STRONGEST to WEAKEST (Based upon RPI)
  1. South Carolina - 31.5
  2. Washington - 34
  3. Arkansas - 36.25
  4. Arizona State - 38.75
  5. LSU - 41
  6. Florida State - 43.5
  7. Oklahoma - 45
  8. Arizona - 47.75
  9. Alabama - 50.25
  10. Tennessee - 53.75
  11. Kentucky - 57.5
  12. Oregon - 61
  13. Georgia - 64.75
  14. UCLA - 71
  15. Florida - 71.75
  16. Texas A&M - 83.5

Really annoys me how 3/4 top 4 RPI teams have some of the weakest regionals...

Move some teams around and make it tougher for them to move on!!!



Just so you know, that is how brackets are SUPPOSED to work

1 has 32 as a 2

2 has 31

3 has 30

4 has 29

and so on

And counting the 4th team's RPI kills this exercise

smcouvillion

Registered:
Posts: 191
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns


Just so you know, that is how brackets are SUPPOSED to work

1 has 32 as a 2

2 has 31

3 has 30

4 has 29

and so on

And counting the 4th team's RPI kills this exercise



Yes, but they don't do that for this bracket lmfao

They get together and decide where teams go, so its not set up like a normal bracket
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,019
Reply with quote  #28 
What is the issue?
olddawg

Registered:
Posts: 870
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana_Wa
I think OSU could upset Bama!


I would not bet much on that, but I would not be shocked if it happened.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,019
Reply with quote  #30 
What, was it 2-3 years ago when ESPN was at just ONE of the regionals....

Now, it looks like legit television from at least a half-dozen sites
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.