Ultimate College Softball
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
Techstar89

Registered:
Posts: 65
Reply with quote  #61 
Will Randi Phillips throw tonight for UTA against the Aggies? If so and she wins, interesting! 
concernedag

Registered:
Posts: 102
Reply with quote  #62 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techstar89
Will Randi Phillips throw tonight for UTA against the Aggies? If so and she wins, interesting! 


She did start for UTA. Looked pretty good. Nothing spectacular. But did hold the Aggies to 1 run.
Techstar89

Registered:
Posts: 65
Reply with quote  #63 
Poynter looked good in allowing only 3 hits. Ags on a good winning streak.
Underdogone

Registered:
Posts: 36
Reply with quote  #64 
Beat UTA then ouchy
AustinSoftball

Registered:
Posts: 204
Reply with quote  #65 
I am not a fan of the team, but I want our Texas softball players to do well.  Hopefully, this is an aberration and they can put together a close game tomorrow. A&M and LSU are much closer in talent than this score shows.  
Underdogone

Registered:
Posts: 36
Reply with quote  #66 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSoftball
I am not a fan of the team, but I want our Texas softball players to do well.  Hopefully, this is an aberration and they can put together a close game tomorrow. A&M and LSU are much closer in talent than this score shows.  
well, both of them kind of smelled like 💩 tonight. 17-3??????
Underdogone

Registered:
Posts: 36
Reply with quote  #67 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techstar89
Poynter looked good in allowing only 3 hits. Ags on a good winning streak.
say what?
smcouvillion

Registered:
Posts: 561
Reply with quote  #68 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSoftball
I am not a fan of the team, but I want our Texas softball players to do well.  Hopefully, this is an aberration and they can put together a close game tomorrow. A&M and LSU are much closer in talent than this score shows.  


Definitely close in talent... lmao!!! 17-3 and you say they are close in talent? LSU could probably beat A&M with only their pitchers playing haha.
SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 821
Reply with quote  #69 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSoftball
I am not a fan of the team, but I want our Texas softball players to do well.  Hopefully, this is an aberration and they can put together a close game tomorrow. A&M and LSU are much closer in talent than this score shows.  



Yea both programs are not close in talent. A&M is just not very good this year. With the graduation of some key kids and the transfers, its gonna be a very rough year in the SEC for the Aggies.

Question is who Jo runs off next by the end of this coming summer? There are already a couple of kids (starters), who are heavily considering transfer options. I really doubt Evans changes her ways on how she runs her program. 
Phantomz27

Registered:
Posts: 161
Reply with quote  #70 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECFan04



Yea both programs are not close in talent. A&M is just not very good this year. With the graduation of some key kids and the transfers, its gonna be a very rough year in the SEC for the Aggies.

Question is who Jo runs off next by the end of this coming summer? There are already a couple of kids (starters), who are heavily considering transfer options. I really doubt Evans changes her ways on how she runs her program. 
Amen
Techstar89

Registered:
Posts: 65
Reply with quote  #71 
Today would be a great day to make some adjustments and pull off a game 3 win to avoid sweep. Is that possible?
Underdogone

Registered:
Posts: 36
Reply with quote  #72 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techstar89
Today would be a great day to make some adjustments and pull off a game 3 win to avoid sweep. Is that possible?
adjustments?? 😂 any suggestions besides replacing the coaching staff? 😝
Techstar89

Registered:
Posts: 65
Reply with quote  #73 
Allow fewer runs and score more, not that complicated really. Hopefully adjustments in pitch locations and pitching strategy can limit LSU to 3 or less runs. If so Aggies will have a solid shot. 5 or less any team in SEC should still have a shot on any given day. My thought is the losing coaches tend to burn way more time breaking down film than the winning coaches as losses are more motivating.
Underdogone

Registered:
Posts: 36
Reply with quote  #74 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techstar89
Allow fewer runs and score more, not that complicated really. Hopefully adjustments in pitch locations and pitching strategy can limit LSU to 3 or less runs. If so Aggies will have a solid shot. 5 or less any team in SEC should still have a shot on any given day. My thought is the losing coaches tend to burn way more time breaking down film than the winning coaches as losses are more motivating.
you hit the nail on the head, replace coaching staff
AustinSoftball

Registered:
Posts: 204
Reply with quote  #75 
Looks like the Aggies pulled it together to get ahead and hold the game.  So much for the LSU sweep.  Maybe the LSU counted 3 wins before today.  When you run up the runs, it often comes back to bite you.
SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 821
Reply with quote  #76 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSoftball
Looks like the Aggies pulled it together to get ahead and hold the game.  So much for the LSU sweep.  Maybe the LSU counted 3 wins before today.  When you run up the runs, it often comes back to bite you.


LSU ran up the runs? What does that even mean? 

The hell


Underdogone

Registered:
Posts: 36
Reply with quote  #77 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSoftball
Looks like the Aggies pulled it together to get ahead and hold the game.  So much for the LSU sweep.  Maybe the LSU counted 3 wins before today.  When you run up the runs, it often comes back to bite you.
nice job battling back and kudos to Klingler for that jack!! I do think lsu was counting chickens before they hatched. anytime the underdog wins, it’s fun to watch
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 11,779
Reply with quote  #78 
Quote:
LSU ran up the runs? What does that even mean? 


It means feasting on less than stellar pitching...........IOW, running-up stats.........
Wilmer1

Registered:
Posts: 304
Reply with quote  #79 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECFan04


LSU ran up the runs? What does that even mean? 

The hell


It means that Beth had a whole bench full of players she could have put in but decided to keep her starters in to pad their SEC stats. 
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,533
Reply with quote  #80 
I’m sorry, but are we really out here dogging an LSU squad that almost never had clutch hits when they needed it in years past? Don’t get me wrong, I still think we’ll see days like those ahead, but I hardly see it as Beth “padding stats” for a team that’s only a year removed from going 19 innings with Ole Miss...
Wilmer1

Registered:
Posts: 304
Reply with quote  #81 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGASBFan
I’m sorry, but are we really out here dogging an LSU squad that almost never had clutch hits when they needed it in years past? Don’t get me wrong, I still think we’ll see days like those ahead, but I hardly see it as Beth “padding stats” for a team that’s only a year removed from going 19 innings with Ole Miss...

You are a fool then.  When things got out of hand in the 5th, Beth could have started to pinch hit for players.  Everyone and their Grandma knew that it was go to be a run-rule game.  Instead, she kept her starters in for no other reason than to pad their SEC stats. And what does a 19 inning game last year have to do with any of this? 
supernatural

Registered:
Posts: 407
Reply with quote  #82 
The coaching seems to be God-awful this year. Infielders consistently getting the out at the wrong base, intentionally walking an 0 for 2 hitter with 0 out and a runner on second, leading 4-1 in the bottom of the 6th, etc.

A slapper got called out for being maybe an eyelash out of the box on contact, no argument from Jo, Jesus, back up your team...
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.