Ultimate College Softball
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 4 of 15      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
SJ28

Registered:
Posts: 296
Reply with quote  #91 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southie
Texas opens the season with an 8-0 5 inning win over Boston College; Brook Boling gets the win.

Next game at 1 PM Central.

Crap! Horns played 3 easy games and couldn't put the ball over the fence.

The Duckies sure as hell did!
Gators2014

Registered:
Posts: 4,312
Reply with quote  #92 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ28

Crap! Horns played 3 easy games and couldn't put the ball over the fence.

The Duckies sure as hell did!


Southie

Registered:
Posts: 747
Reply with quote  #93 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ28

Crap! Horns played 3 easy games and couldn't put the ball over the fence.

The Duckies sure as hell did!

Who cares what the Duckies did?  Keep it on the Oregon thread where it belongs.
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 9,209
Reply with quote  #94 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomz27
Butt, are you a sniffer?

That’s the Phantomz27 I know.

__________________
RIP Mark Campbell
Truly one of the best there was
Victory USA. OC BatBusters. Pacifica HS
SJ28

Registered:
Posts: 296
Reply with quote  #95 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southie

Who cares what the Duckies did?  Keep it on the Oregon thread where it belongs.

And If I don't?
xmxchxxl

Registered:
Posts: 63
Reply with quote  #96 
STOP freaking arguing and being immature with each other, log into Facebook for that. Coming on here and seeing new posts I expect them to be about softball and not pissing competitions between grown adults. Having said that let’s not start the Duckies vs. UT argument on here because you will lose. I agree that should be taken to the OR thread. McCombs is a hard field to hit it out of. Most other fields that shot by Hathaway would’ve gone out. Lots of gappers and hard hit balls. Say what you want but it’s still a TX sweep and we bat .391. Not P5 competition no, but still better than they would’ve bat the past few seasons no matter the competition. Also Boise pitching isn’t anything to turn your nose up to. Broadus was the MW Pitcher last year.. she certainly didn’t seem to play to her full ability but the W still stands come RPI and tourney placement time. OR may have hit some bombs this weekend but I think we can all agree TX is gonna be a much better team than them this season so not really something to brag about. HR’s don’t always equate to winning. Lots of speed and athleticism displayed today and much to be excited about for the season if you’re a UT fan. Also I’m glad Ellsworth got the start behind the dish in 2 of the 3 games and with how she played today and her bat being strong I think she’s gonna be that #1. I knew she would be! Hopefully Iakopo can play somewhere else on the field and free up that DP position bc as we saw today Hayter isn’t as effective as others fielding but I like her bat/speed and potential to turn over the lineup at that 9 spot... as always sent with respect and love in hopes for contributive talk about the game. Hook em 🤘🏻
SJ28

Registered:
Posts: 296
Reply with quote  #97 
U came u said now go the away and take bloody southie with u.
xmxchxxl

Registered:
Posts: 63
Reply with quote  #98 
Also, after the BU games this weekend it’s evident they are feeling the losses of Walker and Rodoni. Even as a UT fan, it’s real upsetting. Was looking forward to some tough and close games between us this season. Still a team with a lot of talent but I’m worried for them in a B12 series with limited pitching. As always depends on the game; anyone can upset anyone on a given day, but they are looking like #4 in the B12 to me right now, maybe even 5 if TTU can perform well. Rodoni’s loss is really gonna plague them. Texas has to find a serious #3 as well if we want to compete with OK. Adams did okay today but it was against an average Southland conference opponent’s bats. P5 teams might seriously light her up; was hoping to see O’Leary come in relief in that third game with the 6-1 lead instead of Bolinger.
Southie

Registered:
Posts: 747
Reply with quote  #99 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ28
U came u said now go the away and take bloody southie with u.

GTFO

or, I will start trolling on the Oregon threads.  Ask the OU fans what a pain in the ass I can be on their threads

Tit for tat.  And, I will do it; not just blowing smoke.
xmxchxxl

Registered:
Posts: 63
Reply with quote  #100 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ28
U came u said now go the away and take bloody southie with u.

Seriously dude you can’t even put two sentences together, I don’t think I’ll be taking advice from you. Why is this forum so dang toxic??? Geez. How old are you? I’m assuming old enough to be respectful, right? Just because you don’t support the team I do doesn’t mean you have to be needlessly rude. I’m here because I’m a SOFTBALL fan, doesn’t matter the team. Take your toxicity elsewhere because I’m here to stay😏. GOD BLESS have a great day 🤣🤣
Tsubrian

Registered:
Posts: 13
Reply with quote  #101 
First day assessment in my opinion.......
I’m SHOCKED that Miranda Elish only had one strikeout. Granted they only had one hit (Boise) but wow, I expected a lot more from her in the strikeout area. She will get it though because she is great. SS is an open position, Schlak can’t handle it at all, she couldnt get down a bunt or get a hit so I think mike will definitely seek elsewhere soon. Bolllinger looked sharp. Hathaway, Jefferson and Washington looked great and I know they will be in the starting lineup. Demargosian would be a terrible leadoff so far but hopefully can turn it around. I personally see Shannon Rhodes moving into the infield soon and staying there because the left sides ability to hit the ball is lacking.

__________________
Sic 'em Bears, Hook 'em Horns and Geaux Tigers
kkzc0s

Registered:
Posts: 183
Reply with quote  #102 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmxchxxl
STOP freaking arguing and being immature with each other, log into Facebook for that. Coming on here and seeing new posts I expect them to be about softball and not pissing competitions between grown adults. Having said that let’s not start the Duckies vs. UT argument on here because you will lose. I agree that should be taken to the OR thread. McCombs is a hard field to hit it out of. Most other fields that shot by Hathaway would’ve gone out. Lots of gappers and hard hit balls. Say what you want but it’s still a TX sweep and we bat .391. Not P5 competition no, but still better than they would’ve bat the past few seasons no matter the competition. Also Boise pitching isn’t anything to turn your nose up to. Broadus was the MW Pitcher last year.. she certainly didn’t seem to play to her full ability but the W still stands come RPI and tourney placement time. OR may have hit some bombs this weekend but I think we can all agree TX is gonna be a much better team than them this season so not really something to brag about. HR’s don’t always equate to winning. Lots of speed and athleticism displayed today and much to be excited about for the season if you’re a UT fan. Also I’m glad Ellsworth got the start behind the dish in 2 of the 3 games and with how she played today and her bat being strong I think she’s gonna be that #1. I knew she would be! Hopefully Iakopo can play somewhere else on the field and free up that DP position bc as we saw today Hayter isn’t as effective as others fielding but I like her bat/speed and potential to turn over the lineup at that 9 spot... as always sent with respect and love in hopes for contributive talk about the game. Hook em 🤘🏻



I agree with you totally about the first part of your posts and I will leave it at that. I like both Ellsworth and Iakopo behind the plate. I love the way he rotated the catching responsibilities today. Ellsworth can't and shouldn't have to catch every game. Bollinger and Adams are familiar with Ellsworth catching them and Elish is familiar with Iakopo. Excellent coaching move. They both hit extremely well today. Just a better team all the way around. This is going to be fun to watch!!
xmxchxxl

Registered:
Posts: 63
Reply with quote  #103 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubrian
First day assessment in my opinion.......
I’m SHOCKED that Miranda Elish only had one strikeout. Granted they only had one hit (Boise) but wow, I expected a lot more from her in the strikeout area. She will get it though because she is great. SS is an open position, Schlak can’t handle it at all, she couldnt get down a bunt or get a hit so I think mike will definitely seek elsewhere soon. Bolllinger looked sharp. Hathaway, Jefferson and Washington looked great and I know they will be in the starting lineup. Demargosian would be a terrible leadoff so far but hopefully can turn it around. I personally see Shannon Rhodes moving into the infield soon and staying there because the left sides ability to hit the ball is lacking.

Totally agree with everything. SS is definitely wide open. Slack’s defense isn’t the problem but her bat is just subpar. Schlattle and Hayter at 3B today weren’t nearly as impressive as Rhodes, so to your point I think we will see her move to the infield. MK who played 3B last year was very good at the plate today, but I think that was beginning of the season luck. She bat .200 last year and by far had the most errors on the team. Rhodes will probably become that 3B starter, and I like that because we have much more quality OF depth than IF. I’m also shocked Elish only had one strikeout. She was effective in regard to outs but most of the hitters hit her hard, but good defence and hits right to fielders combatted that. She really didn’t look like herself out there to me, but the commentators were applauding her performance. Good outing, but not crazy impressive for Elish in my opinion. Hopefully first game/new team jitters and not what we are gonna see from her this season
xmxchxxl

Registered:
Posts: 63
Reply with quote  #104 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkzc0s



I agree with you totally about the first part of your posts and I will leave it at that. I like both Ellsworth and Iakopo behind the plate. I love the way he rotated the catching responsibilities today. Ellsworth can't and shouldn't have to catch every game. Bollinger and Adams are familiar with Ellsworth catching them and Elish is familiar with Iakopo. Excellent coaching move. They both hit extremely well today. Just a better team all the way around. This is going to be fun to watch!!

And I agree with most of what you said! The respective players are familiar with former pitching but remember Adams threw 6 innings last year so Ellsworth isn’t crazy familiar with her game time pitching(BP is different), and Iakopo only started 17 games behind the dish last year(not sure how many Elish was pitching, assuming maybe half) but at the end of the day I don’t think that plays a huge part in collegiate battery. A quality catcher should be trained to catch any pitcher and with Ellsworth having caught Von Sprecken last year(who’s stuff is similar to Elish) I don’t think that will be a huge factor. IMO Ells will be the day 1 catcher even on days when competition is higher and Elish is the #1 pitcher.
xmxchxxl

Registered:
Posts: 63
Reply with quote  #105 
But yes much improved team and very excited about this season!
kkzc0s

Registered:
Posts: 183
Reply with quote  #106 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmxchxxl
Also, after the BU games this weekend it’s evident they are feeling the losses of Walker and Rodoni. Even as a UT fan, it’s real upsetting. Was looking forward to some tough and close games between us this season. Still a team with a lot of talent but I’m worried for them in a B12 series with limited pitching. As always depends on the game; anyone can upset anyone on a given day, but they are looking like #4 in the B12 to me right now, maybe even 5 if TTU can perform well. Rodoni’s loss is really gonna plague them. Texas has to find a serious #3 as well if we want to compete with OK. Adams did okay today but it was against an average Southland conference opponent’s bats. P5 teams might seriously light her up; was hoping to see O’Leary come in relief in that third game with the 6-1 lead instead of Bolinger.


I share the same concerns with you about UT!! Adams gets hit extremely hard everytime I have seen her play!! I heard that we may see O'Leary tomorrow weather permitting.
xmxchxxl

Registered:
Posts: 63
Reply with quote  #107 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkzc0s


I share the same concerns with you about UT!! Adams gets hit extremely hard everytime I have seen her play!! I heard that we may see O'Leary tomorrow weather permitting.
I would assume so but I would’ve liked to have seen her in relief today after Adams instead of Bolinger. We already know what Brooke can do, and we had a 5 run lead. Shea could’ve upheld that, or even Chloe. Maybe MW just wanted to put the hammer down? She is pretty dominant against those type of teams, but still not sold on why that didn’t happen as Brooke had already pitched a 5 inning shutout... but anyway, hopefully weather permits. Not looking too promising right now. And I always enjoy your feedback kkz. We seem to usually be on the same page about MOST things. 😏 weather permitting I can’t see anyone other than Shea getting the start, fingers crossed we see Chloe in relief. Assuming we run them again, as they are running our of pitchers; it would be nice to see all 5 in action even though we’ve been cut a game short.
kkzc0s

Registered:
Posts: 183
Reply with quote  #108 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubrian
First day assessment in my opinion.......
I’m SHOCKED that Miranda Elish only had one strikeout. Granted they only had one hit (Boise) but wow, I expected a lot more from her in the strikeout area. She will get it though because she is great. SS is an open position, Schlak can’t handle it at all, she couldnt get down a bunt or get a hit so I think mike will definitely seek elsewhere soon. Bolllinger looked sharp. Hathaway, Jefferson and Washington looked great and I know they will be in the starting lineup. Demargosian would be a terrible leadoff so far but hopefully can turn it around. I personally see Shannon Rhodes moving into the infield soon and staying there because the left sides ability to hit the ball is lacking.


I totally agree. Ellsworth looked great also though!! Slack has had 3 years of D1 experience and hasn't gotten any better to me. I think he will look for another person to take over that position as well! I knew that Hathaway, Jefferson, and Washington would be awesome this year and I knew that Ellsworth would return back to the player she was her freshman year. What was really exciting is seeing the infusion of talent that the Oregon transfers brought to the team. They were amazing!! It was also awesome to see players not left stranded on base and coaches that were fully engaged!! Looked like a totally different team and environment from last year. As for Miranda, I wouldn't be overly concerned there. Boise State is a quality team and doesn't strike out a lot. If that play is made at SS, by Slack, she has a no hitter!! Miranda will be just fine. So excited to see what the year brings for this group!!
kkzc0s

Registered:
Posts: 183
Reply with quote  #109 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmxchxxl
I would assume so but I would’ve liked to have seen her in relief today after Adams instead of Bolinger. We already know what Brooke can do, and we had a 5 run lead. Shea could’ve upheld that, or even Chloe. Maybe MW just wanted to put the hammer down? She is pretty dominant against those type of teams, but still not sold on why that didn’t happen as Brooke had already pitched a 5 inning shutout... but anyway, hopefully weather permits. Not looking too promising right now. And I always enjoy your feedback kkz. We seem to usually be on the same page about MOST things. 😏 weather permitting I can’t see anyone other than Shea getting the start, fingers crossed we see Chloe in relief. Assuming we run them again, as they are running our of pitchers; it would be nice to see all 5 in action even though we’ve been cut a game short.


I think the only way we will see Chloe is if they are up big. Don't think CW is too high on her. I noticed it at the open practice they had not too long ago. While the pitchers were pitching in the bullpen, she was shagging balls and retrieving buckets for the coaches. I could be wrong but I wonder!!
xmxchxxl

Registered:
Posts: 63
Reply with quote  #110 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkzc0s


I totally agree. Ellsworth looked great also though!! Slack has had 3 years of D1 experience and hasn't gotten any better to me. I think he will look for another person to take over that position as well! I knew that Hathaway, Jefferson, and Washington would be awesome this year and I knew that Ellsworth would return back to the player she was her freshman year. What was really exciting is seeing the infusion of talent that the Oregon transfers brought to the team. They were amazing!! It was also awesome to see players not left stranded on base and coaches that were fully engaged!! Looked like a totally different team and environment from last year. As for Miranda, I wouldn't be overly concerned there. Boise State is a quality team and doesn't strike out a lot. If that play is made at SS, by Slack, she has a no hitter!! Miranda will be just fine. So excited to see what the year brings for this group!!

For the most part, I agree!! But slack has only had *two years of experience(not that it makes a huge difference, still innefective, still barely over the Mendoza line) she had a great fielding percentage last year and is a terrific fielder( I truly believe one of the best in the NCAA) and that’s what coach Clark recruited consistently through history. We have had numerous great fielders and pitchers and few great hitters. She was a pitcher in her day, and thats what she believed was most effective. It usually is but to win it all you have to also have great batters. In slack’s first year of starting she had so much potential but her bat is just not what you need from a team with such high hopes, unfortunately. At the same time, is there anyone else that has put in time and has the ability to play there? I hope a transfer can, because no returner is gonna take that spot from her.. also I would like to point out, as I’m sure you have noticed kkz, the TX originals held their own today and were just as impressive as transfers. Hathaway, Ellsworth, Jefferson, Washington, and Bolinger were as rememberable as ONLY Rhodes of the transfers. TX has had the pieces we just didn’t have a coach with the fire to deliver it. Also, I’m not too worried about Elish but her performance today was a little troubling. Great offense by Boise St, led the nation last year, but she’s an all American. Elish should get more than one strikeout and they hit some balls hard; we just fielded them. It’s hopefully not a reflection of how she will play on the season cause the best BA last year in the MW May not equate to what she’s gonna see in the B12 from OK and OKST or in this invitational next week. Again, she’s an AA. First game jitters will pass.
xmxchxxl

Registered:
Posts: 63
Reply with quote  #111 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkzc0s


I think the only way we will see Chloe is if they are up big. Don't think CW is too high on her. I noticed it at the open practice they had not too long ago. While the pitchers were pitching in the bullpen, she was shagging balls and retrieving buckets for the coaches. I could be wrong but I wonder!!

You’re probably correct! Huge Texas fan but I don’t live in Austin and am not privy to the information you seem to be getting! She wasn’t impressive last year. Her only starts were against terrible teams and got chased in the first couple innings for giving up too many runs. Was insane! She was like the #14 or so out of high school if memory serves me right. Hell, she pitched like 7 innings and had around a 6 ERA last year! Not good enough for TX, or any P5 team. With Adams starting today and O’Leary’s potential she probably won’t get too many more innings than that this year. Although I’m hoping otherwise, she had virtually no K’s in the fall, but gave up little if any runs?? (Not entirely sure but I think in her few innings she shut em out) and I love an underdog. For Chloe though, probably not likely.
kkzc0s

Registered:
Posts: 183
Reply with quote  #112 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmxchxxl

For the most part, I agree!! But slack has only had *two years of experience(not that it makes a huge difference, still innefective, still barely over the Mendoza line) she had a great fielding percentage last year and is a terrific fielder( I truly believe one of the best in the NCAA) and that’s what coach Clark recruited consistently through history. We have had numerous great fielders and pitchers and few great hitters. She was a pitcher in her day, and thats what she believed was most effective. It usually is but to win it all you have to also have great batters. In slack’s first year of starting she had so much potential but her bat is just not what you need from a team with such high hopes, unfortunately. At the same time, is there anyone else that has put in time and has the ability to play there? I hope a transfer can, because no returner is gonna take that spot from her.. also I would like to point out, as I’m sure you have noticed kkz, the TX originals held their own today and were just as impressive as transfers. Hathaway, Ellsworth, Jefferson, Washington, and Bolinger were as rememberable as ONLY Rhodes of the transfers. TX has had the pieces we just didn’t have a coach with the fire to deliver it. Also, I’m not too worried about Elish but her performance today was a little troubling. Great offense by Boise St, led the nation last year, but she’s an all American. Elish should get more than one strikeout and they hit some balls hard; we just fielded them. It’s hopefully not a reflection of how she will play on the season cause the best BA last year in the MW May not equate to what she’s gonna see in the B12 from OK and OKST or in this invitational next week. Again, she’s an AA. First game jitters will pass.


I look at it all when it comes to players. Yes, she did have a good fielding percentage, second on the team to Jefferson. I will come back to that. However, it was because she made the bread and butter, garden variety, and ordinary plays. She did not make the extraordinary plays that you expect from a D1 Power 5 SS. She has no range and can't make a play going to her forehand nor her back hand. Don't take my word for it. Just keep that in the back of your mind the next time she has to go to her left or right on a sharply hit ball and you will see for yourself!! As far as someone else being able to play that position better, I have seen Jefferson at SS and she is much better than Slack is at that position!! Without a doubt!! Then however, the challenge would be to find a Second baseman. To that, I say, see what you can get from the freshman Roberts or Parker!! JMO!!
kkzc0s

Registered:
Posts: 183
Reply with quote  #113 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmxchxxl

You’re probably correct! Huge Texas fan but I don’t live in Austin and am not privy to the information you seem to be getting! She wasn’t impressive last year. Her only starts were against terrible teams and got chased in the first couple innings for giving up too many runs. Was insane! She was like the #14 or so out of high school if memory serves me right. Hell, she pitched like 7 innings and had around a 6 ERA last year! Not good enough for TX, or any P5 team. With Adams starting today and O’Leary’s potential she probably won’t get too many more innings than that this year. Although I’m hoping otherwise, she had virtually no K’s in the fall, but gave up little if any runs?? (Not entirely sure but I think in her few innings she shut em out) and I love an underdog. For Chloe though, probably not likely.


I agree. I am pulling for Chloe as well. She was very impressive against LSU this past fall in Conroe, TX. I thought for sure she would get an opportunity this year. However, I'm not at the practices where playing time is truly determined and, with his resume, you can't go against CW's judgement!! He's awesome!!
xmxchxxl

Registered:
Posts: 63
Reply with quote  #114 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkzc0s


I look at it all when it comes to players. Yes, she did have a good fielding percentage, second on the team to Jefferson. I will come back to that. However, it was because she made the bread and butter, garden variety, and ordinary plays. She did not make the extraordinary plays that you expect from a D1 Power 5 SS. She has no range and can't make a play going to her forehand nor her back hand. Don't take my word for it. Just keep that in the back of your mind the next time she has to go to her left or right on a sharply hit ball and you will see for yourself!! As far as someone else being able to play that position better, I have seen Jefferson at SS and she is much better than Slack is at that position!! Without a doubt!! Then however, the challenge would be to find a Second baseman. To that, I say, see what you can get from the freshman Roberts or Parker!! JMO!!

Respect what your saying, just difference of opinion I think. I saw her make a few really nice plays on hard hops and a couple diving catches last year, not to mention, as you pointed out, the second best fielding percentage on the team. She may be limited in your opinion but to me being on the team with the FP% that was 22nd in the nation last year, and she was second best, is good enough. I don’t think her range is an issue. It’s a lot easier to have a good FP in the outfield than infield. Also, Jefferson can play anywhere so that would be great but she isn’t budging from 2B. She had four errors last season. I know you aren’t saying her inability is why she possibly would move over, but she’s a mainstay there. MW isn’t messing with her. No one else on this team has proven to be able to play SS. Fielding isn’t enough no, and her bat isn’t good enough, but until someone steps up she’s got the position I think. If a freshman does crack the position it’s most likely gonna be Parker.
xmxchxxl

Registered:
Posts: 63
Reply with quote  #115 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkzc0s


I agree. I am pulling for Chloe as well. She was very impressive against LSU this past fall in Conroe, TX. I thought for sure she would get an opportunity this year. However, I'm not at the practices where playing time is truly determined and, with his resume, you can't go against CW's judgement!! He's awesome!!

Definitely can’t go against MW. Lots of posters on this topic and this forum want to discredit him because of their wrong interpretation of him leaving Oregon and that he was a “traitor” to their program; coaches move on and your program sucked financially. People say he hasn’t won a natty so he isn’t bonafied, he’s gotten much closer than 98% of D1 coaches, and much farther than anyone judging on this forum would. Sorry to break it to you, you aren’t a college coach. I feel the need to say SJ18 or whatever the hell because I know because I’m not cheering for his team he is gonna chime in and let us know how stupid we are and that we suck and his team is waaaaaaaay fkn better. ANYWAYZ it’s a new era at UT and all the OU/UO hating fans can go into their own thread GBYE
kkzc0s

Registered:
Posts: 183
Reply with quote  #116 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmxchxxl

Respect what your saying, just difference of opinion I think. I saw her make a few really nice plays on hard hops and a couple diving catches last year, not to mention, as you pointed out, the second best fielding percentage on the team. She may be limited in your opinion but to me being on the team with the FP% that was 22nd in the nation last year, and she was second best, is good enough. I don’t think her range is an issue. It’s a lot easier to have a good FP in the outfield than infield. Also, Jefferson can play anywhere so that would be great but she isn’t budging from 2B. She had four errors last season. I know you aren’t saying her inability is why she possibly would move over, but she’s a mainstay there. MW isn’t messing with her. No one else on this team has proven to be able to play SS. Fielding isn’t enough no, and her bat isn’t good enough, but until someone steps up she’s got the position I think. If a freshman does crack the position it’s most likely gonna be Parker.


Fair points!!
xmxchxxl

Registered:
Posts: 63
Reply with quote  #117 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkzc0s


Fair points!!

As were yours! It’s a really exciting season for UT, so much depth you can’t predict what’s gonna unfold.
kkzc0s

Registered:
Posts: 183
Reply with quote  #118 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmxchxxl

Definitely can’t go against MW. Lots of posters on this topic and this forum want to discredit him because of their wrong interpretation of him leaving Oregon and that he was a “traitor” to their program; coaches move on and your program sucked financially. People say he hasn’t won a natty so he isn’t bonafied, he’s gotten much closer than 98% of D1 coaches, and much farther than anyone judging on this forum would. Sorry to break it to you, you aren’t a college coach. I feel the need to say SJ18 or whatever the hell because I know because I’m not cheering for his team he is gonna chime in and let us know how stupid we are and that we suck and his team is waaaaaaaay fkn better. ANYWAYZ it’s a new era at UT and all the OU/UO hating fans can go into their own thread GBYE


What I will say is this. MW put Oregon Softball on the map. You can't blame anyone for doing what is in their best interests and the best interests of their Family! They should be thankful for what he brought to that program but whatever. Just glad that He's in Austin now!! Texas Softball is back my friend!!
xmxchxxl

Registered:
Posts: 63
Reply with quote  #119 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkzc0s


What I will say is this. MW put Oregon Softball on the map. You can't blame anyone for doing what is in their best interests and the best interests of their Family! They should be thankful for what he brought to that program but whatever. Just glad that He's in Austin now!! Texas Softball is back my friend!!

Agree completely! No one can say ‘ThReE GaMeS agAinST sHxTtY TeaMs’, that doesn’t matter; unless you’re a newcomer to the TX softball team’s recent history. It’s three games in which TX performed leaps and bounds over what they would’ve the last few seasons against like pitching(Lost 1-0 to Gtown last year, can’t even count how many mid major and crap conference teams we let hang around and barely won, not to mention losses to them the last couple seasons). No, no HR’s, but that hasn’t been Texas’ identity ever really and with the NEW introduction of MW it wont be this year either. We are a team with hitters that find gaps and others that have tremendous speed and will pose issues for opposing infields. A .391 avg and 23 runs in 3 games is always good no matter the competition, especially when you’re talking about a seriously underperforming offense in the past. We had 5 RR victories last year and already in 2 of the first 3 game this season. This tournament we had today, we also had last year; this isn’t an anomaly and I’m assuming around 12-15 RR victories this year. We just RR’d Boise St; that absolutely wouldn’t happen last year. Von Sprecken would’ve pitched a fantastic compete game, giving up about 5 hits, and we would’ve lost 1-0 or 2-1. Any true TX fans who followed last season will have no disagreeances about that. Pitching has never been our issue and certainly wasn’t last year, we had a very good ERA. The OR transfers did not make us elite; MW made us elite. The added players from OR will tremendously help, but the talent was always there; we just didn’t have the staff to enthuse this team. Aside from Rhodes(who was among the best) the TX returers were better today. Iakopo was good, but 4, maybe 5 TX offensive players were better in today’s games; this includes Ellsworth who is her competition behind the dish. Also, in the circle, Bolinger was more
Impressive than Elish. All indicators point to that changing but it is a new school, culture, and life for Elish. Im 99% sure Elish will emerge the #1( that’s why MW started her against Boise St) but today Bolinger was much more impressive.
xmxchxxl

Registered:
Posts: 63
Reply with quote  #120 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin22
Texas might be able to beat Texas Tech this year....[rofl]

UT has won 10 of the last 11 against TTU, including 8 consecutive match-ups, so not sure what you’re referring to. Although TTU should be able to improve on an absolute cupcake schedule with 52% wins last year; I will applaud Gregory, you guys seem like contenders 4-6th place in the B12 this year(lol 7 teams). TX has gone to like 14 straight tourney’s(last year playing the 2nd toughest non-conference schedule) TTU last went in, remind me, 2012?? And was dominated?? TX is 18-5 against TTU since/including the season of your last NCAA appearance. Beating TTU in the past hasn’t and doesnt seem like it will be an issue in the near future. You guys are getting MUCH better VERY quickly, but not quite to the point where you can puff your chest at UT. We are getting much better also. At the end of the day, we have and always will be superior to TTU in literally almost every sport; Men’s basketball being the recent exception. Maybe at a later date you can boast, but not until you can finish higher than 5th in a top to bottom weak conference and get an at-large bid, or EVEN decent showing in the conference tourney. Barely made the NISC last year and lost twice to UTA, so don’t get too cocky. You MIGHT get an at large this season, but Texas will more than likely get a host seed. At the very least a 2 Seed, and TTU can’t say the same, not even close; you’ve gotta seriously play well to get a 3 or 4 seed. 2019 may just be another NISC berth if you aren’t careful; take away last year’s NISC and you have nothing in recent history. That’s certInly incomparable to UT, no matter if we have underperformed recently. Underperforming for us it still an at large bid, it’s been a long time since you could say the same.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.