Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 4 of 6      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,602
Reply with quote  #91 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec


this may well be true.  in fact, probably is true.

some of us were pretty PO'd about it back then too, if I recall


I was one of them.

  GrizzyFan was most vocal about all the golfing and I didn't like it at all.  I think they should all take the lead from GW when it comes to golfing, he quit when the country needed him to quit

Quote:
He went golfing on Martha's Vineyard off the Massachusetts coast after delivering that statement in which he said he'd just gotten off the phone with journalist James Foley's parents.

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #92 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal


I was one of them.

Back to golf, was it Daniel Pearl who was beheaded and obama golfed?  GrizzyFan was most vocal about all the golfing and I didn't like it at all.  I think they should all take the lead from GW when it comes to golfing, he quit when the country needed him to quit


Don't think it was Pearl, it was the other reporter (Foley I think).


keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,602
Reply with quote  #93 
I edited as quick as I could, it was Foley.

edited again:  I did place a question mark behind Pearl remark because I was not 100%

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,699
Reply with quote  #94 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
Pretty funny




Funny you hysterically exaggerated, yes.

"most folks left here have gone full out "can't criticize trump"



Who are these 'most folks here' who have never criticized trump for anything?

__________________
"Oh yeah and the 8 agency heaDS THAT SPLIT THE uRANIUM oNE MONEY WITH THE cLINTONS. yOU ARE A NEVER ENDING SOURCE OF WISHFUL THINKING. wISHING THINGS HAPPEN THE WAY YOU NEED THEM TO TO BACK UP YOUR RIDICULOUS CONCLUSIONS."
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #95 
KIR - here's your boy Joe Walsh backing you up:

Joe WalshVerified account @WalshFreedom 2h2 hours ago

You know why we have Trump? Because the Republican Party sucks, the Democrat Party sucks & the media sucks. It's ALL broken. That's why.

mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #96 
look in a mirror.  by then, your buddy Darryl and his other buddy Darryl will come by to give you your talking points.

While you're waiting, maybe you can stop misquoting me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
I'll play along for you pabar, and see if we can get you interested.

Since most folks left here have gone full out "can't criticize trump", and will make stuff up to spin what a genius he is, when people with eyeballs and a brain the size of a snail can see he's stumbling around in the dark, I'll play foil, and point out when he's being an idiot. 

It gives everyone here a target.  I know I'm not as good as dewey, but some of the others here are.







Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce


Funny you hysterically exaggerated, yes.

"most folks left here have gone full out "can't criticize trump"



Who are these 'most folks here' who have never criticized trump for anything?
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,699
Reply with quote  #97 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
look in a mirror.  by then, your buddy Darryl and his other buddy Darryl will come by to give you your talking points.

While you're waiting, maybe you can stop misquoting me.




Huh?

__________________
"Oh yeah and the 8 agency heaDS THAT SPLIT THE uRANIUM oNE MONEY WITH THE cLINTONS. yOU ARE A NEVER ENDING SOURCE OF WISHFUL THINKING. wISHING THINGS HAPPEN THE WAY YOU NEED THEM TO TO BACK UP YOUR RIDICULOUS CONCLUSIONS."
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,035
Reply with quote  #98 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
He hasn't done crap.  He signed one VA law, and appointed a SCOTUS judge.  Granted, the SCOTUS was big, but I am not sure yet it outweighs everything else.

He has done something to me personally: 
- he has made conservatives forget who they are and what they stand for;
- he has filled the GOP with Dems and wannabes
- he has transformed the GOP into Dem-lite, thereby taking the country further left, from where we will never return
- he has furthered Obama's political-opponents-as-enemies narrative, which is destructive
- he has character assassinated actual conservatives, and gotten the GOP on board with it
- he has turned formerly respectable leaders into lying aholes to cover his every move

He has destroyed the GOP, and made them stand for nothing.  Party over country rules.




Do you think he had nothing to do with the fact that the GOP is 4-0 in special elections since his inauguration?
Do you think his election had nothing to do with the fact that the Democratic Party is in free-fall now?
Do you think he had nothing to do with the fact that the DNC is almost insolvent now?
Is repealing many of Obama's executive orders not doing anything?

I will be extremely disappointed if Congress doesn't repeal Obamacare which looks like a real possibility but we'll have a chance to see if he vetoes.

All in all, he's done way more good than harm at this point.
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #99 
None of you points here address mine, which is the GOP has a moral stench now.  This is no Constitution party any longer. 

It's the Big-Government-but-maybe-not-as-big-as-Hillary's-would've-been-except-in-some-cases-where-it-will-be-bigger party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61


Do you think he had nothing to do with the fact that the GOP is 4-0 in special elections since his inauguration? I don't know about all of them.  I know about mine.  trump was not an issue.  Handel won by a bigger margin that trump did in the district, which was still about 1/5th of the margin Price had gotten.
Do you think his election had nothing to do with the fact that the Democratic Party is in free-fall now? certainly.  How does that change that the GOP is now what the Dems were just say, 10 years ago?
Do you think he had nothing to do with the fact that the DNC is almost insolvent now? see above
Is repealing many of Obama's executive orders not doing anything? there are a few, but most of them are making mountains out of molehills.  Very few substantive.

I will be extremely disappointed if Congress doesn't repeal Obamacare which looks like a real possibility but we'll have a chance to see if he vetoes.  he won't

All in all, he's done way more good than harm at this point.  I may give you a draw
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,602
Reply with quote  #100 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
KIR - here's your boy Joe Walsh backing you up:

Joe WalshVerified account @WalshFreedom 2h2 hours ago

You know why we have Trump? Because the Republican Party sucks, the Democrat Party sucks & the media sucks. It's ALL broken. That's why.



I saw that tweet actually, I follow him and he's right isn't he?  Trump is a result of 'our' government's own ineptitude, I can't blame Trump for the system's failures.  Just can't do it

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #101 
True, but IMHO, the trump enablers who are afraid to call a spade a spade are hastening the GOP demise.

Heck, you have Katrina Pierson now running ads against Senators saying they lied to constituents because they won't support Obamacare repeal.

Except, it's not Obamacare repeal.

The ONLY thing that matters, for reasons I will never understand, is support trump.  If the policy sucks is not important - support trump is the only thing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal


I saw that tweet actually, I follow him and he's right isn't he?  Trump is a result of 'our' government's own ineptitude, I can't blame Trump for the system's failures.  Just can't do it
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,602
Reply with quote  #102 
trump hasn't lied near as much as obama so when he reaches that bar let me know. trump has a long way to go to catch up, I can name 3 lies to every one you want to hang on trump after just 5 months in office.  obama had some whoppers. #talkinpolitics

obamacare promises,
red line in the sand,
clinging to their guns and religion,
Fox news blah blah blah,
most transparent administration ever,


Legacy of Lies - the 2009 Obama Administration by Peter Andrew (2010, Paperback)


__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,602
Reply with quote  #103 
This is why trump is president and sorry fatass candidate they had

69 obama lies

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,035
Reply with quote  #104 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
None of you points here address mine, which is the GOP has a moral stench now.  This is no Constitution party any longer. 

It's the Big-Government-but-maybe-not-as-big-as-Hillary's-would've-been-except-in-some-cases-where-it-will-be-bigger party.



I do agree with this.  But that was happening WAY before Trump came along.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,602
Reply with quote  #105 
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by keepinitreal
    Did he end TPP day 1?

  • Has he addressed no more free rides through NATO for Germany and the like?
  • Did he get us out of a bad climate control Paris Accord, onus was on U.S.?
  • Did he fire a FBI Director that needed to be fired?
  • Has he addressed needed modifications to NAFTA with Mexico and Canada?



His record is already better than a Lilly Ledbetter Act

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,035
Reply with quote  #106 
The most important thing that Trump did was keep Hillary out of the White House.

Mike, you said it was a draw as far as my opinion that Trump has done more good than harm.  If that's true, what is the harm that would offset the appointment of Gorsuch?  For that matter, what is the harm that Trump himself has caused?
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,602
Reply with quote  #107 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61
The most important thing that Trump did was keep Hillary out of the White House.


I, personally, have wore that reason out.  The only reason I voted for him was that.

I have noticed a little growing list of accomplishments and not near as dire as KPI [BAMATARD with a vagina] tried to paint on this forum.  Their biggest complaints have been 2 scoops of ice cream and not hosting a Ramadan dinner

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,035
Reply with quote  #108 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal


I, personally, have wore that reason out.  The only reason I voted for him was that.

I have noticed a little growing list of accomplishments and not near as dire as KPI [BAMATARD with a vagina] tried to paint on this forum.  Their biggest complaints have been 2 scoops of ice cream and not hosting a Ramadan dinner


For me, it will be important for the next 4-8 years.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,602
Reply with quote  #109 
Quote:

“There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America’s elections, in part because they’re so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved,” Obama said.

“There’s no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time,” he continued. “And so, I ‘d advise Mr. Trump to stop whining and go try to make his case to get votes.”


__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #110 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61


For me, it will be important for the next 4-8 years.


so, no matter how idiotic of a thing he does or says, how many campaign promises he breaks, he memorializes Obamacare for all eternity, no matter what it is - he's not Hillary gets him a 4 yr free pass. 

I missed the memo - Got I now, thanks.
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 252
Reply with quote  #111 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec


so, no matter how idiotic of a thing he does or says, how many campaign promises he breaks, he memorializes Obamacare for all eternity, no matter what it is - he's not Hillary gets him a 4 yr free pass. 

I missed the memo - Got I now, thanks.


Mike do you discount the good things he has done when you say that the only thing Trump has going for him is that he is not Hillary?  Keeping in mind that his cabinet has only been totally in place for just under an month, I think he has achieved a lot.  I would include:

  • Supreme Court appointment of Gorsuch
  • Promise he made to Cuban Americans about U.S. relations with Cuba
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership promises.
  • Ended the practice of fines and punishments being paid to DNC supporters.
  • Congressional promise to eliminate federal spending/programs.
  • Keystone Pipeline
  • Rounding up illegal aliens that have broken laws and deporting them.
  • Executive order that those who work in the administration must have a 5 year waiting period before they can become a lobbyist.
  • Eliminated various other Obama Executive orders.

These are off the top of my head.  Factor in that so many in the media have focused on Trump's inability to keep his promises of the first 100 days.  They disregard the fact that the Democrats obstructed most of that time's congressional actions.  

__________________
Those mountains in front of you will seem like little hills when you are beyond them and they are in the past!
woody

Registered:
Posts: 9,010
Reply with quote  #112 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec


so, no matter how idiotic of a thing he does or says, how many campaign promises he breaks, he memorializes Obamacare for all eternity, no matter what it is - he's not Hillary gets him a 4 yr free pass. 

I missed the memo - Got I now, thanks.


Look Mikec, we elected this cretin to blow up the political establishment. The GOP is a hollow group of self promoting COC interests, only concerned with cheap illegal labor, and low corporate taxes. The Democrats on the other hand are a group of Socialist doing their best to destroy our representative republic, and replace it with a Venezuelan model. I will stand with the grenade thrower, he is the best alternative since the Tea Party movement. He is ugly, crass, and unrefined, but he is the dull blade we will use to beat down the establishment. So be it. It's ugly, but it is progress in the way of self determination by the people, not some ruling party of overlords.

__________________
Rats flee from the sinking vessel. They traverse nimbly upon a rope, safely cleated to the dock, that is private enterprise. Socialism is dead, and tits up in the water. A bloated, death show, for rubberneckers of all classes to view.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #113 
Woody, this is a more honest assessment of where we are, and one I could almost support.

The daily drumbeat of excuses for lies, and making this immoral ahole somehow appear saintly, I can't stomach.

Lies, spin, lies, spin - I am sick of both parties. 

We have one or two folks here who are worse than dewey was in making stuff up to defend Obama.  We called Dewey on it, but it's ok now for some reason.




Quote:
Originally Posted by woody


Look Mikec, we elected this cretin to blow up the political establishment. The GOP is a hollow group of self promoting COC interests, only concerned with cheap illegal labor, and low corporate taxes. The Democrats on the other hand are a group of Socialist doing their best to destroy our representative republic, and replace it with a Venezuelan model. I will stand with the grenade thrower, he is the best alternative since the Tea Party movement. He is ugly, crass, and unrefined, but he is the dull blade we will use to beat down the establishment. So be it. It's ugly, but it is progress in the way of self determination by the people, not some ruling party of overlords.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,602
Reply with quote  #114 
dewy actually said that obama was "a president that I [he] love and respect".  Has anyone done that here for donald?
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 7,527
Reply with quote  #115 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
Woody, this is a more honest assessment of where we are, and one I could almost support.

The daily drumbeat of excuses for lies, and making this immoral ahole somehow appear saintly, I can't stomach.

Lies, spin, lies, spin - I am sick of both parties. 

We have one or two folks here who are worse than dewey was in making stuff up to defend Obama.  We called Dewey on it, but it's ok now for some reason.





Which lies mike?  The unrounded muh Russia investigation?  What do you now have your nubile interns picking up when Dewey bailed?

__________________
Who gives a F if the japs are listening to her blathering about women's issues?  
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,602
Reply with quote  #116 
I never saw mike this upset after the Benghazi cover up
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #117 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachB25


  • Supreme Court appointment of Gorsuch  was good, and I've said so
  • Promise he made to Cuban Americans about U.S. relations with Cuba  NOTHING has changed.
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership promises.  no one else had ratified it yet either, so it was symbolic, but appears to be a good move overall
  • Ended the practice of fines and punishments being paid to DNC supporters.  naturally, but that will change to reward trumpies
  • Congressional promise to eliminate federal spending/programs. promises promises.  this is a big gov't liberal.  Healthcare is showing us that.  More big gov't programs.
  • Keystone Pipeline good move
  • Rounding up illegal aliens that have broken laws and deporting them.  good
  • Executive order that those who work in the administration must have a 5 year waiting period before they can become a lobbyist. don't believe it
  • Eliminated various other Obama Executive orders. mostly symbolic so far

They disregard the fact that the Democrats obstructed most of that time's congressional actions. This is a total copout.  What legislation has been proposed that Dems have blocked - Obamacare repeal? 
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #118 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal
dewy actually said that obama was "a president that I [he] love and respect".  Has anyone done that here for donald?


you're joking, right?
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,602
Reply with quote  #119 
Awesome, now you told pabar the good and the bad evened out.  Please post all these lies and spins that you refer to.  [The bad]
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #120 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal
I never saw mike this upset after the Benghazi cover up


really?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.