Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 5 of 9     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #121 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs4585
I don't know Stanford's policy specifically, but I know that schools (top academic schools included), can and do give admissions waivers for kids who are great athletes who don't have the grades or admissions scores to get in on their own. Obviously, they need to be careful because once the student is admitted they need to be able to stay in school as well, but that does widen the pool of candidates.  Many top schools won't do this all the time, but I know one school that allows one waiver per recruiting class without special approval.



I don't know Stanford's policy either, but Ivies don't issue waivers and don't grant scholarships. They do have generous need-based grants, however.
NorthBall

Registered:
Posts: 276
Reply with quote  #122 
http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/9110251/assistant-softball-coach


have at it folks
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,009
Reply with quote  #123 
Doesn't take much to realize it's Langenfeld.
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #124 
After whining about Stanford......this is more whining from Mike White at University of Oregon!!! SMH
Blame....blame....blame!!

OKLAHOMA CITY — One inning.

If Oregon could replay one inning throughout the entire softball season, it would have to be Sunday afternoon’s fifth inning.


Facing defending national champion Oklahoma, the Ducks gave up four runs in that crucial fifth inning. That was all the Sooners needed to secure a 4-2 victory in the semifinals of the Women’s College World Series at ASA Hall of Fame Stadium.

Oklahoma advanced to a second straight championship series, where they will play No. 1 Florida beginning Monday, the Ducks wondered how they gave the game away.

“I think that, obviously, any loss is tough at this point in the season,” Oregon’s Danica Mercado said. “I think there’s only so many times that you can put yourself in the bottom of the seventh, but I’m so proud of my team because we very well easily could have rolled over after losing the first game, and we fought every inning until the very last one.”

Oregon held a 2-0 lead going into the bottom of the fifth inning. Mercado had just put the Ducks on top with a two-run homer, and the Sooners faced their first deficit of the tournament.

But, according to White, a bad call to start the fifth turned the tide toward Oklahoma.


The Sooners’ Lea Wodach laid down a bunt that appeared to have been a foul, but was called fair. UO catcher Gwen Svekis picked it up and threw it to first, but the ball flew into the outfield and Wodach landed on second base.

“I was trying to make the play. I didn’t want to play umpire because I’ve hit a ball this year that was three feet foul and it was called fair,” Svekis said. “He had the best view of it. We both saw the same ball. I’m not going to comment on it because I tried making the play and I threw the ball away. That’s all on me. But yeah, obviously I was trying to make the play, and it just didn’t happen.”

Kelsey Arnold singled, and the Sooners had two runners on base with no outs. Nicole Mendes hit a grounder to Oregon’s Lauren Lindvall at shortstop, who threw it home, but was late, getting the Sooners within 2-1. Shay Knighten then hit a bloop single into right field that plated two more runs and put Oklahoma on top 3-2.

Oregon’s Megan Kleist allowed one more run and was relieved by Miranda Elish, who got the third out to end the inning.

Oklahoma brought Paige Lowary into the game to replace Megan Parker in the sixth. The junior hit 73 and 74 mph on the radar and set down the next six UO batters to close out the game.

“We lost the game,” Oregon coach Mike White said. “Oklahoma put the pressure on us, and we lost it.”

Parker earned the victory for Oklahoma. She pitched five innings, allowed five hits, two runs and struck out four batters. Lowary earned her 10th save of the season.

Kleist picked up the loss after going 4 2/3 innings and giving up four runs on six hits. She ended the season with a 21-4 record.

“I think that this was a really big learning experience for the underclassmen coming back,” Kleist said. “We can use this and kind of let it fire us to be better next year and just kind of know that we tasted the chance to actually get to the end.”

According to White, both defeats handed to the Ducks during the WCWS had as much do to do with bad calls as their own play.

“Obviously one thing I’d like to see going forward, and I think this tournament has really illustrated it, is the need for an instant replay, a need for the ability to make a challenge,” White said. “There’s been so many games decided by some calls that I think were incorrect calls to be quite frank, and that made a big difference.

“I think the two losses we’ve had, they were both questionable calls that were made that led to those two losses.”

Next season the Ducks will return several everyday players and pitchers from the semifinal squad. They know have a good chance to be back in the same position, but with more experience.

However, there are a few things White wants to see take place involving the NCAA first and foremost.

“I just want to know from a coach what the pitching rules are going to be going forward,” White said. “And I won’t say any more on that because there’s a big controversy on that, as well, why are some players allowed to cheat and why some aren’t, and what am I supposed to teach my players and what am I supposed to teach other people? So we need to get that sorted out.”

More OREGON SOFTBALL articles »
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,140
Reply with quote  #125 
Whining?  I think his comments are completely justified.  Look at all the discussion on this forum about Barnhill.  Obviously, White is not alone in his thinking.

Maybe you just don't like Oregon.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,457
Reply with quote  #126 
Lol @ Megan Parker!
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #127 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61
Whining?  I think his comments are completely justified.  Look at all the discussion on this forum about Barnhill.  Obviously, White is not alone in his thinking.

Maybe you just don't like Oregon.


YOU ARE WRONG.....Went to school there....love Eugene.....have lived there for 25 years!!

He did the same thing at last years WCWS....

Everything is some one else's fault!! With him!!
olddawg

Registered:
Posts: 772
Reply with quote  #128 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
YOU ARE WRONG.....Went to school there....love Eugene.....have lived there for 25 years!! He did the same thing at last years WCWS.... Everything is some one else's fault!! With him!!


They did not make to the WCWS last year.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,140
Reply with quote  #129 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
YOU ARE WRONG.....Went to school there....love Eugene.....have lived there for 25 years!! He did the same thing at last years WCWS.... Everything is some one else's fault!! With him!!


Glad to know that my opinion isn't just wrong but it's WRONG!  Emo much?

"Hey George - the ocean called and they're running out of exclamation marks!"

The foul call was obviously big.  I'm not saying it caused them to lose but in a game of momentum, that was a turning point.  

And the discussion on this forum about Barnhill pitching illegally is lengthy so obviously there's something to his comments.

But go ahead and scream away.

Edited to add: so you love Eugene.  Doesn't mean you love U of O or, clearly, Mike White.  Either way, since you're there, have a blunt and settle down.
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #130 
The story has added intrigue because of Mike White, head coach at Stanford rival Oregon. White has a high profile; his Ducks rank No. 1 in the country.
The three Stanford players quit after being punished for not high-fiving the Oregon coach in a handshake line after an April 18 game.
“We had heard that Mike White was sort of an instigator or played a very major role in starting the tidal wave,” Winter said.
White’s daughter was on Stanford’s 2014 team and left the squad midseason, seeking what is called a medical retirement. That designation would allow her to retain her scholarship without playing. Apparently that designation was not being granted and that brought the Oregon coach into the fray.
White did not return requests to be interviewed.
Rittman’s supporters on the team accuse Mike White of contacting one of the players’ dads, LaShawn Wells, and using him as a liaison between White and Stanford.
Players who support Rittman say that at a team meeting teammate Tylyn Wells said she didn’t understand why her father was “being targeted as the one instigator because it was actually Mike White” who called her dad and asked him to help out the Oregon coach.
“And so that’s why we came to the conclusion that Mike White was involved,” Roulund said. “We don’t know how much, but that’s what she said, so we didn’t high-five (White after the game).”
For that, they were benched for a game against No. 1 Oregon, and then they quit, citing it as the latest of many times they felt unjustly treated.
“We were benched the next day, which was fine, we took our punishment,” Winter said. “But we just felt it was sort of the epitome of us being victimized, of us being treated like we were the criminals, we were the troublemakers.”
Email Greg Frazier at gfrazier@dailynewsgroup.com; follow him on Twitter at twitter.com/dailynewsgreg.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,140
Reply with quote  #131 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
The story has added intrigue because of Mike White, head coach at Stanford rival Oregon. White has a high profile; his Ducks rank No. 1 in the country. The three Stanford players quit after being punished for not high-fiving the Oregon coach in a handshake line after an April 18 game. “We had heard that Mike White was sort of an instigator or played a very major role in starting the tidal wave,” Winter said. White’s daughter was on Stanford’s 2014 team and left the squad midseason, seeking what is called a medical retirement. That designation would allow her to retain her scholarship without playing. Apparently that designation was not being granted and that brought the Oregon coach into the fray. White did not return requests to be interviewed. Rittman’s supporters on the team accuse Mike White of contacting one of the players’ dads, LaShawn Wells, and using him as a liaison between White and Stanford. Players who support Rittman say that at a team meeting teammate Tylyn Wells said she didn’t understand why her father was “being targeted as the one instigator because it was actually Mike White” who called her dad and asked him to help out the Oregon coach. “And so that’s why we came to the conclusion that Mike White was involved,” Roulund said. “We don’t know how much, but that’s what she said, so we didn’t high-five (White after the game).” For that, they were benched for a game against No. 1 Oregon, and then they quit, citing it as the latest of many times they felt unjustly treated. “We were benched the next day, which was fine, we took our punishment,” Winter said. “But we just felt it was sort of the epitome of us being victimized, of us being treated like we were the criminals, we were the troublemakers.” Email Greg Frazier at gfrazier@dailynewsgroup.com; follow him on Twitter at twitter.com/dailynewsgreg.


Now we all understand you.  Geez - you're highly bitter.
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #132 
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddawg


They did not make to the WCWS last year.


You're right,
It happened in 2015.....they couldn't make it last year.

My bad!!
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #133 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61


Now we all understand you.  Geez - you're highly bitter.


Bitter???? Not so much.....lol
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #134 
Just not a blind simpleton fan!!
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,140
Reply with quote  #135 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Just not a blind simpleton fan!!


And do you know any of those?  Or do you only reserve those insults for those who disagree with you?
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #136 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61


And do you know any of those?  Or do you only reserve those insults for those who disagree with you?


I know many!! Why??
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,140
Reply with quote  #137 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
I know many!! Why??


Just curious.  Good to know that you know many blind simpletons.  You're either a superior intellect or you just hang around a lot of blind simpletons.
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #138 
Yep!!
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,140
Reply with quote  #139 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Yep!!


You're either Bluedog or Bama_CF using an unregistered alias.  Not surprising.
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #140 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
YOU ARE WRONG.....Went to school there....love Eugene.....have lived there for 25 years!! He did the same thing at last years WCWS.... Everything is some one else's fault!! With him!!


Your high on meth.  This guy is an Oregon State beevur fan from that crap hole in Corvallis, Oregon.

Unregistered
Reply with quote  #141 
YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN!!! Congrats!!

I've been registered for 9 years.....why it comes up unregistered.....is beyond me....

But, back to the point...Coach is consumed with faulting others....took down Stanford program....rules, plays....calls....etc...always has been... someone else's fault....

Have known him as Player, , Oregon coach, travel ball, and again back to Oregon coach....

Best facilities in the PAC....best support....can't win a big one....and it's someone else's fault....ALWAYS







Unregistered
Reply with quote  #142 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN!!! Congrats!! I've been registered for 9 years.....why it comes up unregistered.....is beyond me....


Because you're an effing moron.  Sign in, dildobreath.
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #143 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered


Because you're an effing moron.  Sign in, dildobreath.


You're silly boy!!I tried!!

Stay classy San Diego!! Whales Vigina!!
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 214
Reply with quote  #144 
At some point, please look up the difference between, "your" and "you're."  English is a great language.  Perhaps, sometime, you'll learn it.  
__________________
Those mountains in front of you will seem like little hills when you are beyond them and they are in the past!
Hobbes

Registered:
Posts: 105
Reply with quote  #145 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachB25
At some point, please look up the difference between, "your" and "you're."  English is a great language.  Perhaps, sometime, you'll learn it.  


You'd likely get better results pointing this out to your hamster.

BTW, what's with all the "Unregistered" posts?  (This likely isn't the correct string for asking this, but as the above posts aptly illustrate, unregistered posters are at least slightly more likely to be trolls.)

Scupino

Registered:
Posts: 94
Reply with quote  #146 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61
Whining?  I think his comments are completely justified.  Look at all the discussion on this forum about Barnhill.  Obviously, White is not alone in his thinking.

Maybe you just don't like Oregon.


Maybe I don't like White too.
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #147 
I was at the games this weekend. Talked to a lot of people. White is out if they don't make the championship series next year. The excuses are over. They have done everything for that program up there. If you were at the game he came out to the mound after OU had the big inning to take the lead. He was chewing serious azz which you almost never see him do. They have to get it done and he knows it. Also Hanson is done after this year if she doesn't win more PAC games. Same with Dodd at UNLV. Candrea wont retire. He has no life outside of softball and everyone knows it. No one his staff is a coaching candidate. Also was told that if Gas retires in the next 3-4 years OU wants Walton to come home and will pay him ridiculous money to make the move west.
Scupino

Registered:
Posts: 94
Reply with quote  #148 
White

sp_uosb_regional_3482.jpg.jpeg
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,140
Reply with quote  #149 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
I was at the games this weekend. Talked to a lot of people. White is out if they don't make the championship series next year. The excuses are over. They have done everything for that program up there. If you were at the game he came out to the mound after OU had the big inning to take the lead. He was chewing serious azz which you almost never see him do. They have to get it done and he knows it. Also Hanson is done after this year if she doesn't win more PAC games. Same with Dodd at UNLV. Candrea wont retire. He has no life outside of softball and everyone knows it. No one his staff is a coaching candidate. Also was told that if Gas retires in the next 3-4 years OU wants Walton to come home and will pay him ridiculous money to make the move west.


You sure do know a lot, don't you?
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #150 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
I was at the games this weekend. Talked to a lot of people. White is out if they don't make the championship series next year. The excuses are over. They have done everything for that program up there. If you were at the game he came out to the mound after OU had the big inning to take the lead. He was chewing serious azz which you almost never see him do. They have to get it done and he knows it. Also Hanson is done after this year if she doesn't win more PAC games. Same with Dodd at UNLV. Candrea wont retire. He has no life outside of softball and everyone knows it. No one his staff is a coaching candidate. Also was told that if Gas retires in the next 3-4 years OU wants Walton to come home and will pay him ridiculous money to make the move west.


And you were caught beating off under the stands during the UCLA game .  Now your bashing my Arizona team?  And Walton is going to OU? You truly are on so something.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.