Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #1 
The spring schedule is out:

Includes 2 games against Oklahoma.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/w-softbl/sched/scar-w-softbl-sched.html
scfastpitch

Registered:
Posts: 28
Reply with quote  #2 
Tough stretch 3-10 through 3-18 , especially considering the travel . The tournament in Oklahoma 3-10 & 3-11 , come home to play Texas on Tuesday , then head to Ole Miss on Thursday . In conference we skip Alabama , play Florida in Gainesville , Tennessee at home . 
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scfastpitch
Tough stretch 3-10 through 3-18 , especially considering the travel . The tournament in Oklahoma 3-10 & 3-11 , come home to play Texas on Tuesday , then head to Ole Miss on Thursday . In conference we skip Alabama , play Florida in Gainesville , Tennessee at home . 


We have A&M in College Station and will possibly be the first games in their new stadium according to Jo Evans. It’s supoosed to open in late March.

Kentucky in Lexington to close it out.

Any idea where the tournament is this year?
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,052
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91


We have A&M in College Station and will possibly be the first games in their new stadium according to Jo Evans. It’s supoosed to open in late March.

Kentucky in Lexington to close it out.

Any idea where the tournament is this year?


Mizzou.
scfastpitch

Registered:
Posts: 28
Reply with quote  #5 
Missouri's new stadium .

http://www.mutigers.com/facilities/?id=31
Ij10

Registered:
Posts: 118
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scfastpitch
Tough stretch 3-10 through 3-18 , especially considering the travel . The tournament in Oklahoma 3-10 & 3-11 , come home to play Texas on Tuesday , then head to Ole Miss on Thursday . In conference we skip Alabama , play Florida in Gainesville , Tennessee at home . 

That's a tuff stretch of travel and games. I like the SEC portion of the schedule. Hopefully this will be a good year! Would love to see them host a regional finally.
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ij10

That's a tuff stretch of travel and games. I like the SEC portion of the schedule. Hopefully this will be a good year! Would love to see them host a regional finally.


Our first few weekend are rather soft, but I definitely think that’s a good idea with us being so young in the circle. We have competed well with Tennessee the past few years. Even if we didn’t host, would love to see us make it out of a Regional.
Ij10

Registered:
Posts: 118
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91


Our first few weekend are rather soft, but I definitely think that’s a good idea with us being so young in the circle. We have competed well with Tennessee the past few years. Even if we didn’t host, would love to see us make it out of a Regional.

I hope so too. We will be pretty young acros the board but I think they are pretty talented. Ready for the season to start.
BigTenSoftball

Registered:
Posts: 104
Reply with quote  #9 
Man, that is a weak preseason schedule.
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTenSoftball
Man, that is a weak preseason schedule.


It is, but our team is very young.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,435
Reply with quote  #11 
NOTHING wrong... especially in a Pac or SEC with letting a young team play in the shallow end of the pool the first month of their careers
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
NOTHING wrong... especially in a Pac or SEC with letting a young team play in the shallow end of the pool the first month of their careers


I mean honestly it’s like a gradual break in to the real deal. Not so tough teams the first few weeks, then 2 against Oklahoma on the road, then getting into SEC
cockydog

Registered:
Posts: 1
Reply with quote  #13 
It's a good schedule considering the youth in the circle. There are enough tests in the first month before playing at the defending champs, which then gets you ready for SEC play. But it's also good that the team won't be going through the ringer in the first month as well.

Glad to see the SEC schedule is more manageable than last year. And, as always, this will be a fun team to support. That infield will be quality all around.
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockydog
It's a good schedule considering the youth in the circle. There are enough tests in the first month before playing at the defending champs, which then gets you ready for SEC play. But it's also good that the team won't be going through the ringer in the first month as well.

Glad to see the SEC schedule is more manageable than last year. And, as always, this will be a fun team to support. That infield will be quality all around.


Agreed. Super excited and waiting on those season tickets to go on sale
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.