Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 4 of 7      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next
ForeverInBlue

Registered:
Posts: 10,335
Reply with quote  #91 
What we saw last night is the Democrats - now more than ever - are the anti-America, anti-prosperity Party.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 11,437
Reply with quote  #92 
Why was that Kennedy cat drooling so hard.  Must have been having a hard time choking down those lies he was laying out.
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 5,719
Reply with quote  #93 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist


Missed the whole thing, but got this comment. 


Hope you didn't miss this one. Kinda disappointed it didn't get more play from the boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce
Ivanka sighting. BRB.

__________________


"Kazoo, clean up on aisle Dewey."

EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 5,719
Reply with quote  #94 
As far as the kennedy rebuttal drool fiasco, tweet of the day:


"Chapstickwiddick"

__________________


"Kazoo, clean up on aisle Dewey."

CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 670
Reply with quote  #95 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
As to infrastructure, I heard:
- some claims of $1.5 trillion - sure, just print more money
- reduce permits, etc to one year - he knows as much about this as everything else.  Maybe he should read his own website:  https://www.whitehouse.gov/ceq/  Most of the time comes about through case law, not regulation
- leverage state and local funds - no sh@*(# Sherlock.  Go talk to Congress about federal money for infrastructure.  the first thing they say is - how much are you kicking in?  for transit now, it's 50% local required.
- leverage private investment - the naïve "it's free if the private sector kicks in" fall back of morons.

Yeah, great plan.  Sound in a speech I suppose, but it's all talk.
 


Mike, I don't know about your area but private enterprise has taken over several highways in the Midwest.  The toll roads in Chicago, that I've traveled on multiple times, are one example.  Sure people have to pay a toll but the end result is that they have relieved a burden off of the state and are, in fact, paying a huge part of some of the various retirement programs in our state.  That was the trade off.  

As some of you might know, Interstate 70 as you leave St. Louis and head toward Kansas City is in need of some major work.  For over a year, there has been a drive to make Interstate 70 a toll road for that span of road.  I have even heard that the State of Missouri might trade off care of the interstate around St. Louis and KC by the private toll and then the state would take care of the middle section.  Again, this stuff has been in the talks for right at a year now that I know of.  So, this isn't a new thing.  

I think that every SOTU speech is full of promises and so, to attack Trump because he follows suit of every President is to ignore the past.  IMO, often a portion of the SOTU speech is a wish list.  We'll see how much he actually gets done.  I am hopeful and do think this speech to be a good one.  

__________________
Those mountains in front of you will seem like little hills when you are beyond them and they are in the past!
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 27,906
Reply with quote  #96 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61


Stepping in a fresh turd is funnier than Amy Schumer.


Our fresh turd or a random fresh turd?  It depends, our fresh turd, yes

__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 12,538
Reply with quote  #97 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal


Our fresh turd or a random fresh turd?  It depends, our fresh turd, yes


Anything to do with turds, fresh or stale, warm or cold, hard or runny - funnier than Amy Schumer.  Chuck Schumer is funnier than Amy Schumer.

__________________
Will I Wynn is a poster who used to go by the name of Dewey.  He used to criticize people who did that.
ForeverInBlue

Registered:
Posts: 10,335
Reply with quote  #98 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpAlum
Most Americans were not watching so it does not matter. Speaking to your own choir.


Nothing matters unless “most Americans” watch it on TV.

#brilliant

keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 27,906
Reply with quote  #99 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverInBlue
Nothing matters unless “most Americans” watch it on TV. #brilliant


Dewy used 87% of 1002 people for a basis of one of his rabbit holes, so which is it?

__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 6,531
Reply with quote  #100 
Crazy Dem Brenda Lawrence from MI doesn’t understand why trump is talking about the M-16 gang.😂😂😂😂
Says it has nothing to do with crime.

__________________
#SCOTUS

pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 12,538
Reply with quote  #101 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal


Dewy used 87% of 1002 people for a basis of one of his rabbit holes, so which is it?


It's called having it both ways.

__________________
Will I Wynn is a poster who used to go by the name of Dewey.  He used to criticize people who did that.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 11,437
Reply with quote  #102 
We should be actively shifting money from the gibmedat programs and aggressively cutting waste.   That should free up more than enough

And yes SS, Health care, and entitlement reform should be taken on as well. 
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 11,437
Reply with quote  #103 
I thought it was horrible the Dems giving Dreamers seats to the SOTU.  Those seats should have gone to real American citizens.  Again very reflective of just how out of touch Dems are with real American citizens.
ForeverInBlue

Registered:
Posts: 10,335
Reply with quote  #104 
More from CBS:

How did the public react to #SOTU ?

91% - Favored what they heard on infrastructure

81% - @POTUS was uniting the country

75% - Approved of the speech

75% - Favored what they heard on national security

72% - Favored what they heard on immigration

Wow.

Meanwhile, Dems acted like they were at a funeral.

Likely their own.

[wave]
woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,325
Reply with quote  #105 
Their scowling and posturing are perfect. They have just given companies producing campaign commercials for Republicans a gift. Fade into the SOTU speech. Voice over says "Proud to be an American"? "Not if you are a Democrat." Insert the candidate's name being run against, and a slow motion cameo of their best scowling moment sitting on their hands, as Trump says patriotic things, and Republicans stand and shout USA USA. Thanks Socialist Dems, you just showed how much you value Party and politics over the well being of our country, and it's citizens.
__________________
Ignorance is forgivable, and correctable with proper study. Stupidity is a way of life.


uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 11,437
Reply with quote  #106 
Guiterrez is going to find out walking out on the USA USA chant only goes to show how much he hates America.  His deep and long La Raza links are coming out everywhere. 

La Raza being the KKK for Mexicans.  Dems think it is fine for La Raza to spew hate, but it is not.
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 2,503
Reply with quote  #107 
Trump gets least positive reaction in at least 20 years.  His approval rating is not that high so this should come as no surprise.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/31/politics/state-of-the-union-reaction-poll/index.html

__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.  Also, claims I moderate this discussion forum are untrue.

Obama -  "When I say if you have your plan and you like it, and your doctor has a plan -- or you have a doctor and you like your doctor, that you don't have to change plans, what I'm saying is the government is not going to make you change plans under health reform."

Just keep on offending people and then looking dumbfounded when they sometimes lash out.


woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,325
Reply with quote  #108 
A sampling of 549 people. Brilliant.
__________________
Ignorance is forgivable, and correctable with proper study. Stupidity is a way of life.


woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,325
Reply with quote  #109 
http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2018/images/01/31/cnn.topline_.01.30.18.pdf
__________________
Ignorance is forgivable, and correctable with proper study. Stupidity is a way of life.


woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,325
Reply with quote  #110 
Look at the sampling data. What really sticks out to you?
__________________
Ignorance is forgivable, and correctable with proper study. Stupidity is a way of life.


uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 11,437
Reply with quote  #111 
PIERS MORGAN: The State of the Union stats don’t lie: Americans are turning against Trump-hating celebrities and buying into the President’s American dream - THAT’S a nightmare for Democrats.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5334815/American-people-turning-against-Trump-hating-celebrities.html
DietCoke

Registered:
Posts: 2,341
Reply with quote  #112 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist
I thought it was horrible the Dems giving Dreamers seats to the SOTU.  Those seats should have gone to real American citizens.  Again very reflective of just how out of touch Dems are with real American citizens.


Yeah, I'd much rather a "real American citizen" like this guy get a ticket over a Dreamer that considers America his/her home, is contributing to society and possibly even serving in our military.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/371644-gop-rep-invited-alt-right-troll-to-the-state-of-the-union

__________________
Dangerous time when our country is led by those who will lie about anything, backed by those who will believe anything, based on information from media sources that will say anything. Americans must break out of that bubble and seek truth.       ----  James Comey
ForeverInBlue

Registered:
Posts: 10,335
Reply with quote  #113 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
Trump gets least positive reaction in at least 20 years.  His approval rating is not that high so this should come as no surprise.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/31/politics/state-of-the-union-reaction-poll/index.html


70% positive front CNN.

75% positive from CBS.

We’ll take it.
Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 3,204
Reply with quote  #114 
Image may contain: 1 person, text
__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


mikec

Registered:
Posts: 9,059
Reply with quote  #115 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist
I thought it was horrible the Dems giving Dreamers seats to the SOTU.  Those seats should have gone to real American citizens.  Again very reflective of just how out of touch Dems are with real American citizens.


I'm sure they were happy to be there to hear that POTUS intends to legalize them - give them full citizenship, he said.  Them, plus many more.
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 9,059
Reply with quote  #116 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachB25


Mike, I don't know about your area but private enterprise has taken over several highways in the Midwest.  The toll roads in Chicago, that I've traveled on multiple times, are one example.  Sure people have to pay a toll but the end result is that they have relieved a burden off of the state and are, in fact, paying a huge part of some of the various retirement programs in our state.  That was the trade off.  

As some of you might know, Interstate 70 as you leave St. Louis and head toward Kansas City is in need of some major work.  For over a year, there has been a drive to make Interstate 70 a toll road for that span of road.  I have even heard that the State of Missouri might trade off care of the interstate around St. Louis and KC by the private toll and then the state would take care of the middle section.  Again, this stuff has been in the talks for right at a year now that I know of.  So, this isn't a new thing.  

I think that every SOTU speech is full of promises and so, to attack Trump because he follows suit of every President is to ignore the past.  IMO, often a portion of the SOTU speech is a wish list.  We'll see how much he actually gets done.  I am hopeful and do think this speech to be a good one.  


There are only a handful of truly privatized roadways in the US.  There are a few.  I think the one Indiana went bankrupt.   Texas and CA have experimented with it, and there is one in Chicago.

In Europe, it's common.  Finance companies take 100 year leases on them.  In America, we can't get our heads around that, and balk.  Almost all of the ones in the US that are privatized are own by Europeans, which opens up a whole other set of issues.

Here in GA, the state issued a call for bidders a few years back on one the first privatized roads in the South.  Shockingly, the bidders/financiers wanted to make decisions as to tolls and alignment, given that their motive was to make a profit.  In the end, the state recalled the RFP, because they did not want to relinquish control over those decisions.  The state toll authority picked it up, and is building it now as a state-owned tollway.

In the US, the model has mostly been to take over an existing roadway, toll it, and operate it for profit.  That is a much different model than building a new highway.  It is politically unpopular to sell a roadway built with taxpayer money.

Anyways, there are a few, but is not, as of yet, a very viable financing option.  It gets talked about all the time, but it is very hard to implement.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 6,251
Reply with quote  #117 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec


I'm sure they were happy to be there to hear that POTUS intends to legalize them - give them full citizenship, he said.  Them, plus many more.


They won’t vite till long after he’s gone - wtf does he care. This is worse than gang of 8

__________________
Dewey/Will_I_Wynn is our forum moderator and is allowing a poster to call for the assassination of our President
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 6,531
Reply with quote  #118 
Hey Dewey, last time I checked 48 + 22 is 70. The same percentage that everyone else is reporting. CNN just decided to break the “positive” into 2 categories so they could publish a lower number.
Notice how your misleading headline tries to slant the fact that his approval was higher than you want.
My god man you are insufferable with your attempts at deceit.
Dewey lie counter off the scale

__________________
#SCOTUS

CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 670
Reply with quote  #119 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec


There are only a handful of truly privatized roadways in the US.  There are a few.  I think the one Indiana went bankrupt.   Texas and CA have experimented with it, and there is one in Chicago.

In Europe, it's common.  Finance companies take 100 year leases on them.  In America, we can't get our heads around that, and balk.  Almost all of the ones in the US that are privatized are own by Europeans, which opens up a whole other set of issues.

Here in GA, the state issued a call for bidders a few years back on one the first privatized roads in the South.  Shockingly, the bidders/financiers wanted to make decisions as to tolls and alignment, given that their motive was to make a profit.  In the end, the state recalled the RFP, because they did not want to relinquish control over those decisions.  The state toll authority picked it up, and is building it now as a state-owned tollway.

In the US, the model has mostly been to take over an existing roadway, toll it, and operate it for profit.  That is a much different model than building a new highway.  It is politically unpopular to sell a roadway built with taxpayer money.

Anyways, there are a few, but is not, as of yet, a very viable financing option.  It gets talked about all the time, but it is very hard to implement.


Mike, I might be wrong but I thought that there were some in Oklahoma.  When we drove for my daughter to get her All American Award, we drove through several toll roads on the way.  I could have sworn that they were privatized but since you didn't list them, ...  Darn failing memory!  LOL  

I do know that the Interstate 70 discussion is accurate.  

Take care!

__________________
Those mountains in front of you will seem like little hills when you are beyond them and they are in the past!
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 6,531
Reply with quote  #120 
I-44 out of OKC is a toll but I think it is state run.
That one has always baffled me. It is listed as an Interstate. How does part of it become a toll road especially when it’s pretty much the only route to Tulsa.

__________________
#SCOTUS

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.