Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 5 of 12     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,071
Reply with quote  #121 
A compelling SR would be new-look Bama back at Washington... though it feels more like Bama-Oklahoma
leip822

Registered:
Posts: 396
Reply with quote  #122 
Preston got the win... thought you needed to throw more than 2 for a W
__________________
sl
sMurph

Registered:
Posts: 369
Reply with quote  #123 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Is Draper really the leadoff hitter for Auburn with a .225 OBP?



Yes. Her batting average in conference games is .192.  
sMurph

Registered:
Posts: 369
Reply with quote  #124 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leip822
Preston got the win... thought you needed to throw more than 2 for a W



If a relief pitcher comes in when the team is tied or behind and departs with the team ahead, and the team never loses that lead, they get the win. It is possible for a non-starting pitcher to throw 1 pitch and get the win. 
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,071
Reply with quote  #125 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sMurph



If a relief pitcher comes in when the team is tied or behind and departs with the team ahead, and the team never loses that lead, they get the win. It is possible for a non-starting pitcher to throw 1 pitch and get the win. 
0 pitches, even
sMurph

Registered:
Posts: 369
Reply with quote  #126 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
A compelling SR would be new-look Bama back at Washington... though it feels more like Bama-Oklahoma



My best guess right now would be OU gets the 4 seed Bama the 13, so you certainly may be on to something. 

13 Bama vs 4 OU
14 Tex A&M vs 3 Florida
15 Auburn vs 2 UCLA
16 Kentucky or Baylor or Arkansas vs 1 Oregon
all4AU

Registered:
Posts: 852
Reply with quote  #127 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sMurph



My best guess right now would be OU gets the 4 seed Bama the 13, so you certainly may be on to something. 

13 Bama vs 4 OU
14 Tex A&M vs 3 Florida
15 Auburn vs 2 UCLA
16 Kentucky or Baylor or Arkansas vs 1 Oregon


Congrats to Bama on the win, but I don’t think Auburn deserves a top 16 spot. The biggest turning point was Auburn not scoring when Preston came in with 2 on and 0 out with Auburn leading 4-2.

Also, I don’t like to call players out, but Veach popping up in the 5th and 7th really killed both rallies.

__________________
War Eagle!
midwestfp

Registered:
Posts: 893
Reply with quote  #128 
I think 14 regional hosts are now set in stone. The last two will be a 4 way battle between Kentucky, Auburn, Arkansas and Baylor.  Man that is a tough call.    
sMurph

Registered:
Posts: 369
Reply with quote  #129 
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4AU
Congrats to Bama on the win, but I don’t think Auburn deserves a top 16 spot. The biggest turning point was Auburn not scoring when Preston came in with 2 on and 0 out with Auburn leading 4-2. Also, I don’t like to call players out, but Veach popping up in the 5th and 7th really killed both rallies.



Your view on Auburn not deserving to host is an emotional fan reaction. The Committee will look at the resumes and it looks highly likely to me Auburn will host. They have 10 top 25 and 16 Top 50 wins, and they swept Kentucky 3 games. Baylor has 3 top 25 wins. 
smcouvillion

Registered:
Posts: 201
Reply with quote  #130 
My best guess at who hosts. Kentucky kicked after losing to Arkansas IMO.

13 Alabama vs. 4 Florida
14 Texas A&M vs. 3 Oklahoma
15 Baylor vs. 2 UCLA
16 Arkansas vs. 1 Oregon

Kentucky and Auburn both have great numbers. It would come to a battle between those four. If Arkansas wins tomorrow, I think they secure the seed. Baylor may be replaced with Kentucky. IMO Auburn just doesn't have good enough numbers to host.
sMurph

Registered:
Posts: 369
Reply with quote  #131 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestfp
I think 14 regional hosts are now set in stone. The last two will be a 4 way battle between Kentucky, Auburn, Arkansas and Baylor.  Man that is a tough call.    



You nailed it. Right now (using the committee criteria not my own view), I would lean to Auburn and Kentucky. 

Baylor could certainly change that by beating OU in Big12 Tourney. And Arkansas would need to beat UGA tomorrow. If they do, I don't know. 
midwestfp

Registered:
Posts: 893
Reply with quote  #132 
Baylor MUST win a game v. Oklahoma in my opinion.  Other possibility is Ok State beats Oklahoma (which should put them in top 25 in final rpi) and then Baylor beats Ok State.  Will be a fun weekend to scoreboard watch.  
sMurph

Registered:
Posts: 369
Reply with quote  #133 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcouvillion
My best guess at who hosts. Kentucky kicked after losing to Arkansas IMO.

13 Alabama vs. 4 Florida
14 Texas A&M vs. 3 Oklahoma
15 Baylor vs. 2 UCLA
16 Arkansas vs. 1 Oregon



After a closer look, I'm pretty sure Florida is going to be seeded ahead of OU. Florida has 4 top 10 wins, OU has 1. Florida has triple the number of wins over top 25 -- 24 for UF, 8 for OU.

Not sure of your basis for Baylor and Ark over Auburn. I'm a Bama fan who would like to see Aub not get to host so I hope you're right. 
sMurph

Registered:
Posts: 369
Reply with quote  #134 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestfp
Baylor MUST win a game v. Oklahoma in my opinion.  Other possibility is Ok State beats Oklahoma (which should put them in top 25 in final rpi) and then Baylor beats Ok State.  Will be a fun weekend to scoreboard watch.  

\

YES. And now that the team I support has locked up hosting IMO, I can enjoy watching in a more relaxed mood. 
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,554
Reply with quote  #135 
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4AU


Congrats to Bama on the win, but I don’t think Auburn deserves a top 16 spot. The biggest turning point was Auburn not scoring when Preston came in with 2 on and 0 out with Auburn leading 4-2.

Also, I don’t like to call players out, but Veach popping up in the 5th and 7th really killed both rallies.


Was it you who called a Auburn and Baylor regional? You might just get that.
southpaw

Registered:
Posts: 129
Reply with quote  #136 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sMurph



You nailed it. Right now (using the committee criteria not my own view), I would lean to Auburn and Kentucky. 

Baylor could certainly change that by beating OU in Big12 Tourney. And Arkansas would need to beat UGA tomorrow. If they do, I don't know. 


Not sure the case for Kentucky over Alabama, Auburn or Arkansas. That would be purely going off a RPI ranking. They have less Top 25 and less Top 50 wins than any of those 3.
sMurph

Registered:
Posts: 369
Reply with quote  #137 
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4AU
Congrats to Bama on the win, but I don’t think Auburn deserves a top 16 spot. The biggest turning point was Auburn not scoring when Preston came in with 2 on and 0 out with Auburn leading 4-2. Also, I don’t like to call players out, but Veach popping up in the 5th and 7th really killed both rallies.



Which Auburn player who struck out for the 3rd out of the 6th inning by swinging  at a pitch from Preston that bounced before it got to the plate (after several others had bounced)?  How do you swing at that? 
all4AU

Registered:
Posts: 852
Reply with quote  #138 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot


Was it you who called a Auburn and Baylor regional? You might just get that.


That may have been AU Whiskey, but the thought has crossed my mind more than once.

__________________
War Eagle!
sMurph

Registered:
Posts: 369
Reply with quote  #139 
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw


Not sure the case for Kentucky over Alabama, Auburn or Arkansas. That would be purely going off a RPI ranking. They have less Top 25 and less Top 50 wins than any of those 3.



There's no way I would have KY or Alabama. That comment is assuming Bama is in and there are 2 more to be decided. I think Bama is now safely a host. I also would not have them over Auburn, given that AU has more top 25 and 50 wins and swept them 3 games. 

I actually think it is 1 out of 3 between Ark, Bay, KY. Kentucky played a much, much more difficult SEC slate than Arkansas. Ky didn't get to play OM, Miss St, or Mizzou. Ark got to play all those and didn't have to play Florida, Tenn, and Tex A&M
dws3665

Registered:
Posts: 330
Reply with quote  #140 
And Arkansas just beat Kentucky head-to-head. That has to figure in the committee’s thinking, no?
sMurph

Registered:
Posts: 369
Reply with quote  #141 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
A compelling SR would be new-look Bama back at Washington... though it feels more like Bama-Oklahoma




Washington's average RPI Loss is 3. Yes, 3.

All of their 8 losses are to #1 Oregon (3), #2 UCLA (3), and #7 Ariz St (2). They have no other losses. Maybe the committee will seed them 4.  

Yes, I readily admit I am trying to figure out a way to avoid a Super Regional in Norman, OK
sMurph

Registered:
Posts: 369
Reply with quote  #142 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dws3665
And Arkansas just beat Kentucky head-to-head. That has to figure in the committee’s thinking, no?



yep
all4AU

Registered:
Posts: 852
Reply with quote  #143 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sMurph



Your view on Auburn not deserving to host is an emotional fan reaction. The Committee will look at the resumes and it looks highly likely to me Auburn will host. They have 10 top 25 and 16 Top 50 wins, and they swept Kentucky 3 games. Baylor has 3 top 25 wins. 


First of all, it wouldn’t surprise me if Auburn snuck in as a 15 or 16 seed.

However, I have been a fan of this sport (and on this site) for a very long time. Rest assured that my reaction is based off statistics and not raw emotion.

The negatives about Auburn’s resume:

- Only a top 30 schedule. (This is low considering we play in the SEC. James Madison was supposed to come to Auburn, but that was cancelled with the Dean hire. Also, we did not draw any elite matchups at Mary Nutter in Palm Springs so our non-conference schedule was weak).
-A losing SEC record and losing in the first SEC Tournannt game.
-4-7 in our last 11 games to close the season with 2 of those wins against Chattanooga.
-Not passing the eye test. We certainly didn’t have the look of a top 16 team tonight.

__________________
War Eagle!
LCITSH

Registered:
Posts: 2,727
Reply with quote  #144 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestfp
Baylor MUST win a game v. Oklahoma in my opinion.  Other possibility is Ok State beats Oklahoma (which should put them in top 25 in final rpi) and then Baylor beats Ok State.  Will be a fun weekend to scoreboard watch.  



 PHILLIPS 66 Big 12 SOFTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SCHEDULE

FRIDAY, MAY 11
11:00 a.m.Game 1No. 2 Oklahoma State vs. No. 3 BaylorStadium- OGE Energy Field (FCS)
11:00 a.m.Game 2No. 4 Texas vs. No. 6 Iowa StateIntegris (FloSoftball)
2:00 p.m.Game 3No. 1 Oklahoma vs. No. 4 TexasStadium- OGE Energy Field (FCS)
2:00 p.m.Game 4No. 3 Baylor vs. No. 5 Texas TechIntegris (FloSoftball)
5:00 p.m.Game 5No. 2 Oklahoma State vs. No. Texas TechStadium- OGE Energy Field (FCS)
7:30 p.m.Game 6No. 1 Oklahoma vs. No. 6 Iowa StateStadium- OGE Energy Field (FCS)

__________________
Terrell S. Hebert
Louisiana USSSA Church Coordinator
Grindz

Registered:
Posts: 722
Reply with quote  #145 
Whats everyones predictions for tomorrow?

MSU vs South Carolina

Arkansas vs Georgia

LSU vs Tennessee

Alabama vs Florida 
sMurph

Registered:
Posts: 369
Reply with quote  #146 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcouvillion
My best guess at who hosts. Kentucky kicked after losing to Arkansas IMO.

13 Alabama vs. 4 Florida
14 Texas A&M vs. 3 Oklahoma
15 Baylor vs. 2 UCLA
16 Arkansas vs. 1 Oregon

Kentucky and Auburn both have great numbers. It would come to a battle between those four. If Arkansas wins tomorrow, I think they secure the seed. Baylor may be replaced with Kentucky. IMO Auburn just doesn't have good enough numbers to host.




I can't believe I am posting a rebuttal in favor of Auburn - LOL.  What numbers are you speaking of when you say Aub doesn't have enough good ones compared to Ark and KY. Here are some basic numbers. 

                                                            Top 10  Top 25   Top 50    Average    Average
                     RPI         Record      SOS    Wins      Wins     Wins      RPI Win    RPI Loss

Kentucky         14          31-19         2        4           8          11            80             21
Baylor             16          35-14        14       0            3         11            91             29
Auburn            17          40-15        30       2          10         16           103            18
Arkansas         19          38-14        20       2          10         14           104             16

Head to Head: 
Auburn swept KY 3-0
Auburn won their series with Ark 2-1
midwestfp

Registered:
Posts: 893
Reply with quote  #147 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindz
Whats everyones predictions for tomorrow?

MSU vs South Carolina

Arkansas vs Georgia

LSU vs Tennessee

Alabama vs Florida 


I like LSU over Georgia in the finals, but of course I also thought that Duke was going to play in the ACC championship game so I'm not exactly Kreskin.  
southpaw

Registered:
Posts: 129
Reply with quote  #148 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindz
Whats everyones predictions for tomorrow?

MSU vs South Carolina

Arkansas vs Georgia

LSU vs Tennessee

Alabama vs Florida 


South Carolina
Georgia
LSU
Florida
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,554
Reply with quote  #149 
If AU doesn’t host, it might be that non-conference SOS (sitting at 151).
all4AU

Registered:
Posts: 852
Reply with quote  #150 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot
If AU doesn’t host, it might be that non-conference SOS (sitting at 151).


Exactly. Also, if it comes down to Baylor or yet another SEC team hosting, that is another reason I feel the committee may look elsewhere.

__________________
War Eagle!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.