Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,277
Reply with quote  #61 
Repropulsion from 38 feet changes the whole deal
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,158
Reply with quote  #62 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot


Hard argument to pick a side for. Barnhill has the speed Osorio doesnt and can maintain spin with that speed. Also hard because I want to make an argument that AO did better with Floridas offense in that floridas offense was more potent than Alabamas last year.

But realistically I want both on my team.


Barnhill needs a change up.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,071
Reply with quote  #63 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
Barnhill needs a change up.


I'll be ok with her not having one (it's our only hope).
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,158
Reply with quote  #64 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot


I'll be ok with her not having one (it's our only hope).


That is very true. I'm wondering if we will see Chronister really come in to play behind Barnhill & Ocasio?
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,277
Reply with quote  #65 
Every other SEC team better be working on their bunting, even with the chubby kids
RahOKU

Registered:
Posts: 1,203
Reply with quote  #66 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91


Barnhill needs a change up.


I think, all in all, Gourley bothered Oklahoma more than Barnhill because she changed speeds. That said, it's a very small sample. Barnhill certainly is among the nation's elite pitchers.
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,158
Reply with quote  #67 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RahOKU


I think, all in all, Gourley bothered Oklahoma more than Barnhill because she changed speeds. That said, it's a very small sample. Barnhill certainly is among the nation's elite pitchers.


Osorio is just different to me. The girl is a natural
ufjaz

Registered:
Posts: 216
Reply with quote  #68 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Barnhill will probably see a 20 percent uptick in innings, and LeLe will get most of the innings vacated by Gourley's graduation. We'll see a lot of Chronister and Lugo in February to see  if UF has a legit No. 3. Need a lefty to give them that great mix they had during their incredible run of the past 4 years

Romanello gives them an excellent three-player left-handed power core, but they lose most of their base-running speed with McLean gone. Who is at 3B?

Gourley a massive loss


I read on another forum that Chronister's attitude was less than ideal last year.  I'm not sure if I give that comment credence.

I just got a feeling Walton/Roche would like Lugo to be the new Gourley.  I can only hope.  I think she will eventually surpass Chronister this year.
ufjaz

Registered:
Posts: 216
Reply with quote  #69 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
Still wish Bama would've gotten past Florida in 2011. No doubt they would have take down ASU imo


Maybe they could have ... but they'd have to beat the plate umpire too.  That's where UF failed.
ufjaz

Registered:
Posts: 216
Reply with quote  #70 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
I like Barnhill, but she leaps. I don't know how she doesn't get called.


Well, that didn't take long. [rolleyes]
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 4,903
Reply with quote  #71 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufjaz


I read on another forum that Chronister's attitude was less than ideal last year.  I'm not sure if I give that comment credence.

But I will repeat it here🙄

__________________
#SCOTUS
ufjaz

Registered:
Posts: 216
Reply with quote  #72 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazsdad
But I will repeat it here🙄


Point taken, but in context to the post I was quoting, I was trying to backup why I thought Lugo would be UF's #3, not to disrespect KC.  [thumb]
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,158
Reply with quote  #73 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufjaz


Well, that didn't take long. [rolleyes]


Roll your eyes all day, but you know that's the truth. Not hating on her because she is incredible. Truly a force to be reckoned with, but film does not lie and her drag foot comes way up off the ground. That does account for a nice amount of velocity
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,158
Reply with quote  #74 
Did anyone see the South Carolina games this weekend?
Ij10

Registered:
Posts: 108
Reply with quote  #75 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
Did anyone see the South Carolina games this weekend?
yep. Did u make it to any games?
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,158
Reply with quote  #76 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ij10
yep. Did u make it to any games?


Unfortunately not. I had something come up Saturday and couldn't make it! How did we do? Pitching? Scores?
Ij10

Registered:
Posts: 108
Reply with quote  #77 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91


Unfortunately not. I had something come up Saturday and couldn't make it! How did we do? Pitching? Scores?

They went 5 and 0 don't remember all the scores. They beat college of charelston 7 to 0 Victoria Galavan and Dixie pitched that game. All 5 pitchers threw pretty well this weekend. Bosel,Clark,white,and Johns all had HR's. The Deffense looks really solid all weekend.
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,158
Reply with quote  #78 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ij10

They went 5 and 0 don't remember all the scores. They beat college of charelston 7 to 0 Victoria Galavan and Dixie pitched that game. All 5 pitchers threw pretty well this weekend. Bosel,Clark,white,and Johns all had HR's. The Deffense looks really solid all weekend.


Sounds good! Makes me excited! I've had season tickets for a while now. Life long gamecock!
Ij10

Registered:
Posts: 108
Reply with quote  #79 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91


Sounds good! Makes me excited! I've had season tickets for a while now. Life long gamecock!

Should be a fun year!
ufjaz

Registered:
Posts: 216
Reply with quote  #80 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
Roll your eyes all day, but you know that's the truth. Not hating on her because she is incredible. Truly a force to be reckoned with, but film does not lie and her drag foot comes way up off the ground. That does account for a nice amount of velocity


To be honest, I do not know that's the truth.  You, among others, have made a decent case that she is illegal with pictures and rule citings.  But let me ask you - why was she never called for it all last year (to my recollection) and I watched all televised games as well as listened to those that weren't?

I'm not trying to argue with you (everyone has a right to their opinion), but have you asked yourself why she was never called on it?  I would really like to know what people think the reason is.  I hope the reason isn't:

- the umpires are afraid of Walton
- the SEC offices told the umpires not to call her on it
- the NCAA offices told the umpires not to call her on it
- the ESPN offices told the umpires not to call her on it

Those excuses are weak, lack understanding of how the world works, and not to mention lazy.  A more viable reason I could come up with is that the umpires don't understand the illegal pitch rule.  And even that reason is not much better. 

Maybe a stronger case would be that the current rules defining some aspects of being illegal as written, are out of favor and perhaps there are plans to rewrite the rules in the works.  And the rules committee asked the umpires to de-emphasize some points.  I think it was 2010 or 2011 when illegal pitches were called every other pitch resulting in numerous complaints from the fans and players.  I'm sure the NCAA doesn't want a repeat.

I've not heard anyone of authority comment on KB or why she is not called.  Has anybody heard a comment from an authority figure?

Those of you who are convinced KB is illegal, I ask you to share why she isn't being called.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 883
Reply with quote  #81 
Well, there were about 1000 threads on why she wasn't called. Yet here we are. It's not a question if she's illegal. It's only a question of why it isn't called. 

Like many, many people I'm a huge fan of the kid. But I want the rules enforced fairly across the board. She is afforded a blatant, in your face advantage over every other pitcher in college softball. And POY, which makes it even more egregious. 

Mickey Dean/Auburn, now in the SEC may be the one to make it an issue when they play. He doesn't have to worry about getting invited back for friendlies & all the other BS that goes along with playing nice with the SEC programs.  I hope so. 
Tigers334

Registered:
Posts: 312
Reply with quote  #82 
I am the biggest AU fan around, but even I am a big Osorio fan. She is a player and I could sit and watch her spin the ball all day.
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,158
Reply with quote  #83 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufjaz


To be honest, I do not know that's the truth.  You, among others, have made a decent case that she is illegal with pictures and rule citings.  But let me ask you - why was she never called for it all last year (to my recollection) and I watched all televised games as well as listened to those that weren't?

I'm not trying to argue with you (everyone has a right to their opinion), but have you asked yourself why she was never called on it?  I would really like to know what people think the reason is.  I hope the reason isn't:

- the umpires are afraid of Walton
- the SEC offices told the umpires not to call her on it
- the NCAA offices told the umpires not to call her on it
- the ESPN offices told the umpires not to call her on it

Those excuses are weak, lack understanding of how the world works, and not to mention lazy.  A more viable reason I could come up with is that the umpires don't understand the illegal pitch rule.  And even that reason is not much better. 

Maybe a stronger case would be that the current rules defining some aspects of being illegal as written, are out of favor and perhaps there are plans to rewrite the rules in the works.  And the rules committee asked the umpires to de-emphasize some points.  I think it was 2010 or 2011 when illegal pitches were called every other pitch resulting in numerous complaints from the fans and players.  I'm sure the NCAA doesn't want a repeat.

I've not heard anyone of authority comment on KB or why she is not called.  Has anybody heard a comment from an authority figure?

Those of you who are convinced KB is illegal, I ask you to share why she isn't being called.


There is no question. Film proves it, and Florida colored glasses is the only way to not see it. Seriously dude, watch replays and cutbacks when they highlight her pitches in strike outs. She is in the air.
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,158
Reply with quote  #84 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334
I am the biggest AU fan around, but even I am a big Osorio fan. She is a player and I could sit and watch her spin the ball all day.


She is ridiculous. It's one thing to watch her on tv, but to see that ball spinning in person is another. I mean I was amazed
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 2,151
Reply with quote  #85 
Barnhill is definitely illegal when she gets air. She is technically illegal with her pivot foot landing, but doesn't really gain a second point of impetus. It is a continuation of her forward motion and will not be called. If she pushed off again from that point, she would land her stride foot much closer to or on the circle. She doesn't. When she throws completely legal there is no loss of speed. Think about the ever changing strike zone from year to year. The book definition doesn't change, but the way it is called does. There has obviously been discussion at the higher levels that she doesn't gain an advantage so it will not be called. Get over it. Florida has no additional sway in this fight, it just doesn't make sense to make a big deal over it. 
eyenoall

Registered:
Posts: 1,108
Reply with quote  #86 
Either way, not going to be called.  No more wasted keystrokes.   Get over it.  Only 2 more years of it anyway.   
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 883
Reply with quote  #87 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
Barnhill is definitely illegal when she gets air. She is technically illegal with her pivot foot landing, but doesn't really gain a second point of impetus. It is a continuation of her forward motion and will not be called. If she pushed off again from that point, she would land her stride foot much closer to or on the circle. She doesn't. When she throws completely legal there is no loss of speed. Think about the ever changing strike zone from year to year. The book definition doesn't change, but the way it is called does. There has obviously been discussion at the higher levels that she doesn't gain an advantage so it will not be called. Get over it. Florida has no additional sway in this fight, it just doesn't make sense to make a big deal over it. 


Should have stopped with your first sentence...she get's air 99% of the time. And she's not "technically illegal with her pivot foot landing". She just never maintains ground contact.  Have you ever bothered to pay attention to the area between the rubber & her replant?? Always looks like fresh drug dirt...hardly any ground disturbance. 

And if you honestly think she doesn't gain a second point of impetus...replant, you're legally blind. She is the POSTER GIRL for the replant. She leaps out, cocks/bends her plant leg, lands & then drives forward off that spot....what more do you need to see? And her stride foot lands on or near the circle front almost every time. 

The most telling giveaway that she replants is where her plant foot lands.  After an inning of her pitching it looks like somebody was trying to plant a bush because she creates a new berm/hole on that very spot. 

And lastly, watch enough film of her you'll also notice she rarely toes the back of the rubber on delivery...illegal again. 

As far as discussion on it. Ye it's been discussed & all parties agree to ignore her...and only her (and Carlson) for some reason. I can appreciate you being a HOMER but at least try to be objective about it. 

She's a power pitcher with horrible mechanics. I'm surprised she hasn't developed knee/hip issues in her plant leg. Her foot is closed & pointing to the 3rd base dugout. If she could learn to open her foot more to a 45-55degree angle, she would be more flexible &, god forbid, most likely create more velocity. 
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 883
Reply with quote  #88 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyenoall
Either way, not going to be called.  No more wasted keystrokes.   Get over it.  Only 2 more years of it anyway.   


You're probably right.
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 363
Reply with quote  #89 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyenoall
Either way, not going to be called.  No more wasted keystrokes.   Get over it.  Only 2 more years of it anyway.   


I think umpires are afraid to call her on it at this point. Fans would point out the hypocrisy of umpires NOT calling it for the last 2 years and she might have to return her POY trophy...
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,158
Reply with quote  #90 
Illegal as she is, Barnhill is still a beast no matter what.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.