Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 92      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,035
Reply with quote  #31 
Dewey - that is pure BS.  They used the video for at least a week after it was known that it was a terrorist attack.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,035
Reply with quote  #32 
Masare - how many thousands of children did not start kindergarten this year because this country covets a person's right to flush their "mistake" down the toilet instead of accepting responsibility for their actions?
masare

Registered:
Posts: 2,642
Reply with quote  #33 
I will share with you some thoughts on education...I love my job...I feel very, very, lucky to be a teacher...I want my kids to know that showing up matters to me...I recently told one of my students identified with autism that I think autistic children who grow into autistic adults will one day save our world because they think outside the box...in truth they live outside the box...I love that too!  Each and every life matters to me....sandy hook and Bengazi...and it matters to our president!  THAT is what I know to be true!! 
Go lions!  Game day!
woody

Registered:
Posts: 9,010
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by masare
Are you monkeys still harping on Bengazi?  Bengazi?....21 potential 2nd graders did not start school this year because they live in a country that covets their right to own a machine gun more than they care about young innocent children being safe...and you guys talk at nauseum about Bengazi...you are Without a doubt the worst excuse for human beings!



Please define "machine gun".

__________________
Rats flee from the sinking vessel. They traverse nimbly upon a rope, safely cleated to the dock, that is private enterprise. Socialism is dead, and tits up in the water. A bloated, death show, for rubberneckers of all classes to view.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by masare
Are you monkeys still harping on Bengazi?  Bengazi?....21 potential 2nd graders did not start school this year because they live in a country that covets their right to own a machine gun more than they care about young innocent children being safe...and you guys talk at nauseum about Bengazi...you are Without a doubt the worst excuse for human beings!


I've forgotten - did the guy use a machine gun?  Can you provide some documentation of that?

Also - where was the school resource officer?  Oh yeah, they don't have those up north.  Maybe that would have prevented this shooting.  Do you have a response to that?

You monkeys?  Worst excuse for human beings?

Then, you say the discussion here turns you off?  It should be more civil?

I'm sure you've heard the saying that people who live glass houses shouldn't throw stones.  If you've not, you might want to look it up, and see if it means anything to you.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,035
Reply with quote  #36 

More tolerance from those on the left.  You better believe if they said these things about Muslims, there would be a Fatwa issued for their deaths.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2013/09/15/really-bill-nye-and-bill-maher-enlighten-republicans-about-science-n1700863

rocklifter

Registered:
Posts: 2,921
Reply with quote  #37 
I will only answer a few of these I feel best represent my thoughts.

8)  Do you think a Congressman telling the world our President is weak invites attacks against our nation?  No, but being the weakest President that has ever held office does. My Gosh he makes Jimmy Carter look strong.

10)  What should we do about individuals who have the money but refuse to buy health insurance only to end up needing dialysis or some other very expensive treatment soon thereafter? It is not our governments business to play God in this matter. If a person so chooses not to have insurance then so be it. If something happens and they need it then they apply to get it.
This is called living in a Free World. Something this United Socialist States of America has turned away from.


11)  If passing voting laws stops some criminals from voting why won't passing laws requiring background checks on private sales at gun shows stop some criminals from purchasing weapons?  This is not a good comparison at all. Circumventing voting laws is quite different than purchasing a weapon. This country still provides for us to bear arms. Not mandate THE MAN over seeing every thing we do.

12)  Do you think a citizen born outside of the Country should be eligible to become President? Sure. If and only if he has held office in the US and is a citizen. The problem lies in with Mr. Obama is that he comes from a questionable family. Pure and Simple.

13)  We have over 6,000 registered members.  How many more different people do you imagine have visited this site without registering? Does this really matter?

__________________
I voted for Trump. 
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #38 
rocklifter - Thanks.  In my opinion, only the first question on your list was sufficiently answered.  I'm surprised that so many people can believe we can tell the world our President is a weakling and simply believe it means absolutely nothing.  Many of you continuously say we have to show strength as a Country and then go on to say it's no problem to tell the world we have a weak President.  Incredible.  It would appear we're inviting our enemies to test our Commander-in-Chief as this may be a better time than ever.  If a Democrat ever told the world we're weak and ready to be had, the Right would be fuming.
rocklifter

Registered:
Posts: 2,921
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
rocklifter - Thanks.  In my opinion, only the first question on your list was sufficiently answered.  I'm surprised that so many people can believe we can tell the world our President is a weakling and simply believe it means absolutely nothing.  Many of you continuously say we have to show strength as a Country and then go on to say it's no problem to tell the world we have a weak President.  Incredible.  It would appear we're inviting our enemies to test our Commander-in-Chief as this may be a better time than ever.  If a Democrat ever told the world we're weak and ready to be had, the Right would be fuming.


I am curious as to how I did not sufficiently answer the other questions.
10. No one should be made to get insurance if they choose not to. Pretty straight ahead Dewey. If they need insurance for some unknown reason then they can try and purchase insurance from a private carrier like anyone else can. (I believe I answered this one pretty well.)
11. Also, two different questions trying to be compared. Voting laws pertain to picking a government official or hold some type of office. This needs to have protection so there is no voting fraud and dead people voting. (again straight forward and simple)
Gun laws are not something that needs total government intervention. We have the right to bear arms. Yet this has nothing to do with holding office and thus should not be held in the same light or placed upon the same table for examination.
12. Again. Yes from outside the Country. Heck even let Arnold run for office. If they are from somewhere else then they will have to qualify. I feel Obama comes from a questionable background and this was swept under the mat. Another thing pertaining to him. His whole handling of the Bin Laden deal stinks of high heaven. I did not believe him and still do not believe him. I believe the US had the right to see Pics of this man dead. DEAD. Our president should not have the right to keep us in the dark which he did and has done. Again....Straight ahead.
13. Again. How does this question even fit into the set of questions? Are you suggesting that the Secret Service is watching our Little Group of Opinionated People ready to spank our hands or throw us in Gitmo if we hurt poor little Obama's arrogant feelings?

Showing strength as a Nation with a Strong leader. Not one who bows to Foreign leaders or apologizes to the world. As Leroy Jethro Gibbs states in his rules. Never say your Sorry. Its a sign of Weakness.


__________________
I voted for Trump. 
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #40 
rocklifter - OK, let's go over your answers.

10)  The young man can't get insurance.  What do we do then?  You didn't take the time to carry the answer out to its conclusion.  I'm not sure where this example ends up if nobody provides insurance.

11)  It wasn't only about comparing.  Here is the conclusion I think others on your side are trying to pass off.  If you require ID to vote, you will stop some from voting illegally.  I agree.  Let me add another one.  If you require proof of age, you will require some from buying booze.  I agree again.  I understand many will still find a way but my point is you will stop some.  Finally, requiring background checks for all sales at gun shows will stop some from getting their hands on a weapon.  Your side says not one.  Your side is trying to tell me the voter ID will stop some illegal voting, ID will stop some illegal booze purchases, but background checks will not stop one gun purchase.  Every purchaser stopped by a background check will successfully buy a gun on the streets or somewhere so this law will not save one life.  I don't believe this conclusion for a minute.

12)  I couldn't understand this answer.

13)  This has been an ongoing joke and I was just asking you to make an educated guess.

Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #41 
rocklifter - While you give these answers further thought, let me share a bit of the purpose behind my comments on background checks.  As you may or may not know, my opposition inside here loves to use the terms "intellectually dishonest", particularly applying it to me.  I'm going to suggest they don't really know what this means.

If I said Obama has done no wrong, that would be intellectually dishonest.  If I said Obama has no faults, same thing.  But I have never said either of those things.  I simply choose not to criticize the President as we have enough on the other side handling this process without me helping them along.

Now let's see if any of these things are intellectually dishonest.  I've already agreed voter ID will certainly stop somebody from illegally voting for their deceased Aunt Jane.  I also know age ID's will stop somebody from buying liquor.  At the same time, I absolutely know background checks at gun shows will stop somebody from successfully buying a weapon.  Any person who says every potential purchaser failing a background check will successfully go out and buy a weapon on the streets, or in the black market, is being intellectually dishonest.  Why?  Because they have to know it isn't true.  Maybe they cool off and change their mind.  Maybe they get killed in an auto accident on the way to the hood.  Who knows, maybe they are robbed and killed during the transaction.  I can think of many scenarios where a person turned down at a gun show fails to obtain a weapon.  It's intellectually dishonest to say nobody will be stopped.  I bring this question up, (probably more often than I should), because this suggestion that every one will still get a weapon is a big pet peeve of mine.  And it's ludicrous.

Finally, with regards to intellectual dishonesty, my friend mikec said Obama never compromises while we all know he had to give on the income level where the highest tax rate kicked in.  If he hadn't given in, he wouldn't have gotten any increased tax rate.  To me, the statement saying "never" is intellectually dishonest.  If anyone can give a similar example where I have said something that I know to be wrong, I'm open to hearing about it.  I'm very careful not to do any such thing.  Sorry for going off on a tangent but this label of "intellectual dishonesty'  being hurled in my direction, (not by you), is ridiculous.  If I've said anything I know can't be true, I challenge our members to spit it out clearly for all to see.

PS:  I started this thread so I feel entitled to rant on. [smile]
rocklifter

Registered:
Posts: 2,921
Reply with quote  #42 
Dewey,
I am merely engaging in a back and forth discussion of what I have feelings concerning the present state of our world and our country.
I have little time to worry with submitting a complete and our cohesive argument over all of the points. I am not in this for a grade or to be presented to a panel of my peers.
I believe this has become a Holy Crusade on your part and I quite frankly do believe you have disrespected me with your diatribe.
My life is filled with helping my daughter get accustomed to High School, learn about handling school work, High School Softball(We play in the fall), and also helping her coordinate tons of contacts and emails to colleges she may have interest in.
I presented my ideas...if you disagree so be it. But to sit there and constantly down play my ideas of to say Im being Intellectually Dishonest. Please.
I read this forums for other peoples ideas like mine and also unlike mine. I try to give my view points and try and understand others. I used to want to engage in playing the Devils Advocate and have fun poking fun and or goading(?) others on. Now its not worth the time nor efforts.
I do not have the time nor will to continue a battle of wills.....
Good Luck.

(BTW: The county I used to live in is still investigating the number of Dead Black Americans who supposedly voted in the last election. Interesting since almost all had been dead for over 5 years or more.)
As far as Gun Control: You live in a totally different part of the world from me. In the South, many of us still believe its our God Given right to own and possess firearms and weapons. We will not give them up.

__________________
I voted for Trump. 
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #43 
rocklifter - I don't understand where you saw disrespect.  I'm sorry if I've said anything to suggest such because none was intended.  You said you answered each question and I countered that you responded but did not provide a clear answer to a couple of them.  For instance, you didn't finish as to what happens to the young man who fails to get insurance.  I know you're busy and you, like everyone else, are under no obligation to answer anything.  You chose to take on a few of my questions and our exchange began there.  I'm surprised you didn't think I would further engage on the answers I didn't completely understand.  Simply looking for a clear back and forth in our discussion.

Holy Crusade?  C'mon now, that's not fair.  The Crusade here is to go after Obama and Liberals.  The minute members stop this crusade, you'll never hear another political peep out of me.  Please don't put this ongoing quest, (not by you), to condemn Liberal thinking on my shoulders.  Please understand I have trouble sitting back and letting this fly without a challenge.  Secondly, I specifically said "not you" when I switched over to my "intellectually dishonest" discussion.  I was sharing with you why I keep bringing up the background check law and how it compares to the voter ID law.  I know you don't keep up with all the past exchanges I'm involved in.  Never did I mean to suggest you have been intellectually dishonest.  As far as I can tell, you've never entered into the discussion about whether backgrounds would stop absolutely nobody from purchasing a weapon.  I'll read my responses closer in the future because I try hard not to disrespect anyone, especially you, in my posts.  Certainly I've failed on occasion but I hope challenging one's opinion is not considered disrespectful. 

PS:  I've had members call me intellectually dishonest, uncaring, and disgusting.  One member said if a person voted a second time for Obama, they were duped.  You've read many times a Liberal thinker is retarded.  To me, these are statements that can easily be describied as disrespectful.  For my benefit, can you note the sentence I wrote where I was disrespectful?  Help me learn so I can avoid doing so again.  You've always been fair to me so I can trust when you tell me what words I used that came off disrespectful.  (OK, I reread my post and I see I excused you from ever calling me intellectually dishonest but I wasn't as clear as I should have been that you weren't part of the group I was debating this "honesty" question with.  While I said it in this post, I can see where you might have thought I was lumping you in with others with regards to this background check discussion.)
JoiseyGuy

Registered:
Posts: 24,434
Reply with quote  #44 
Mike C - You told me that I should follow my wife's ideas about racism, so this morning I engaged her in breakfast conversation about guns and gun control.  She is 77 and I am 80.  We are college graduates and beyond and still maintain at least 80% of our original IQs.  

Me - "Hon, do you think we have a gun problem in the United States?"
Her -Absolutely; all I read about are guns killing people.
Me - Do you believe that people kill people and not guns?
Her - I think that's humorous.  Guns and people kill people.  Each, individually can't do that. Besides, I think that alcohol and other drugs are often involved.   
Me - Good point.  I agree that there is a problem, but I don't have a solution.
Her - Kill all the people who have guns, confiscate their guns, and live in a better world.
Me - I don't think that Mike (whoever he is) would approve.
Her - Who is Mike?
Me - A guy on line who is fairly objective and says that I should follow your logic about racism.
Her Tell him I said "Too bad", that you are the farthest person I know from a racist,  and I like the way he thinks mostly except for the guns thing.
Me - OK.  Hows the toast?  Any more coffee??  Got any peanut butter?    

 To Mike - "Too bad"!!!!!  I don't think I shall always follow her logic.         Frank


__________________
"Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking. Where it is absent discussion is apt to become worse than useless." Leo Tolstoy

"Do not try to teach pigs to sing. It will frustrate you and infuriate the pigs who will unite in anger against you, and you will never achieve singing your song". Dr. Petersen
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #45 
JG - she sounds cool, and a real pleasure to have breakfast with.  And, sounds like you are a lucky guy.
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #46 
Dewey -

mikec quoted Obama, from his speech yesterday, where he said one party wants 100%, or they will ruin the country.  I said he should look in the mirror.

Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #47 
mikec - I agree Obama implied the Right will not bend on the debt limit unless they get 100% of what they want, if I remember correctly.  I'll trust you have the quote accurately.  However, I thought you said Obama never compromises unless he gets 100% of what he wants.  I tried to provide an example where that wasn't true.  If I misunderstood what you said, I apologize. 
JoiseyGuy

Registered:
Posts: 24,434
Reply with quote  #48 
Rocklifter - Howdy ol Southern Buddy !!  How's the softball girl doing?  I still can't get the drift of slow pitch.  I showed my wife your statement about a God given right to own a gun, and she wondered if those who opposed guns then opposed your God.  She's like that.     Frank
PS - Hope all is going well with you and yours. Remember that Dewey is one of the good guys - he just has different views on some things from you.  Stay healthy !!! 

__________________
"Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking. Where it is absent discussion is apt to become worse than useless." Leo Tolstoy

"Do not try to teach pigs to sing. It will frustrate you and infuriate the pigs who will unite in anger against you, and you will never achieve singing your song". Dr. Petersen
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #49 
I said that it is awfully bold, for a guy who never compromises, to say the other die never compromises.  He compromises less than the Republicans - does that make you feel better?
JoiseyGuy

Registered:
Posts: 24,434
Reply with quote  #50 
Mike C - To quote the old night club comedian who asked his audience to help him celebrate his wedding anniversary, "My wife and I have been married for 50 happy years today, and that's not bad out of fifty five".  She is a wonderful person, Mike, and moreso every year.    Frank
__________________
"Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking. Where it is absent discussion is apt to become worse than useless." Leo Tolstoy

"Do not try to teach pigs to sing. It will frustrate you and infuriate the pigs who will unite in anger against you, and you will never achieve singing your song". Dr. Petersen
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #51 
JG - Thank you for your kind comments and may I wish you and your wife a very Happy Anniversary.  What a wonderful achievement and how lucky and admirable you both are to celebrate 55 years together. 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,601
Reply with quote  #52 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoiseyGuy
Rocklifter - Howdy ol Southern Buddy !!  How's the softball girl doing?  I still can't get the drift of slow pitch.  I showed my wife your statement about a God given right to own a gun, and she wondered if those who opposed guns then opposed your God.  She's like that.     Frank
PS - Hope all is going well with you and yours. Remember that Dewey is one of the good guys - he just has different views on some things from you.  Stay healthy !!! 


and that's how it works, dewey lets his ranting piss another poster off while he is explaining he has time to contribute but little time if at all to get into the ninny ninny naynay that dewey engages in; then JG comes in on the white horse.  always gotta be a condescending jackwad with the bullshiiiit "Howdy ol Southern Buddy!!",  deweey is not one of the good guys joisey, he is what is wrong with this country, stay healthy.  Then we get into the mutual admiration society. 

rocklifter I like reading your contributions also, don't let dewey ruin your stay here as he has so many others.  Contribute when you can and remember you will never be able to keep up with barney's tit for tat.

p.s. I know your DD plays fastpitch maybe JG has had too many early cocktails

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
rocklifter

Registered:
Posts: 2,921
Reply with quote  #53 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoiseyGuy
Rocklifter - Howdy ol Southern Buddy !!  How's the softball girl doing?  I still can't get the drift of slow pitch.  I showed my wife your statement about a God given right to own a gun, and she wondered if those who opposed guns then opposed your God.  She's like that.     Frank
PS - Hope all is going well with you and yours. Remember that Dewey is one of the good guys - he just has different views on some things from you.  Stay healthy !!! 


Frank,
Im like this. I am a Christian. I believe as most of our Founding Fathers believed.
Note:
Of the 55 delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention, 49 were Protestants, and two were Roman Catholics (D. Carroll, and Fitzsimons).Among the Protestant delegates to the Constitutional Convention, 28 were Church of England (or Episcopalian, after the American Revolutionary War was won), eight were Presbyterians, seven were Congregationalists, two were Lutherans, two were Dutch Reformed, and two were Methodists.
A few were of other thoughts or ways of belief but all in all.....My God was and is their God.
Whether you or your wife may like it or not this country was founded upon Christian principles.
AKA: In God We Trust.
Its on our money.....the Word God. The meaning God.
"One Nation, Under GOD........."
So those that oppose my God are usually opposed to our Country in my Opinion.
Frank, I am like that and quite frankly damn tired of those who want to tell me other wise...
So throw me your histrionics, some other reference debating this. I still will not falter.
As far as your wife goes. You have to live with her. I do not.



__________________
I voted for Trump. 
woody

Registered:
Posts: 9,010
Reply with quote  #54 
Dang. This is getting somewhat interesting. Dewey, jump in here and be peacemaker in chief. But don't dare stick your hands in there. You might draw back nubs, and be learning to manipulate your toes, to use chopsticks on fried rice, and drinking with a straw. Wow...

PS, not to let a good crises go to waste, JG, I am betting you go old school, and use a wood bat, for a more traditional, beat down. Nothing like a good thunk sound, as opposed to the ear splitting ping of, a doctored and rolled aluminum bat. 

__________________
Rats flee from the sinking vessel. They traverse nimbly upon a rope, safely cleated to the dock, that is private enterprise. Socialism is dead, and tits up in the water. A bloated, death show, for rubberneckers of all classes to view.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
rocklifter

Registered:
Posts: 2,921
Reply with quote  #55 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoiseyGuy
Mike C - You told me that I should follow my wife's ideas about racism, so this morning I engaged her in breakfast conversation about guns and gun control.  She is 77 and I am 80.  We are college graduates and beyond and still maintain at least 80% of our original IQs.  

Me - "Hon, do you think we have a gun problem in the United States?"
Her -Absolutely; all I read about are guns killing people.
Me - Do you believe that people kill people and not guns?
Her - I think that's humorous.  Guns and people kill people.  Each, individually can't do that. Besides, I think that alcohol and other drugs are often involved.   
Me - Good point.  I agree that there is a problem, but I don't have a solution.
Her - Kill all the people who have guns, confiscate their guns, and live in a better world.
Me - I don't think that Mike (whoever he is) would approve.
Her - Who is Mike?
Me - A guy on line who is fairly objective and says that I should follow your logic about racism.
Her Tell him I said "Too bad", that you are the farthest person I know from a racist,  and I like the way he thinks mostly except for the guns thing.
Me - OK.  Hows the toast?  Any more coffee??  Got any peanut butter?    

 To Mike - "Too bad"!!!!!  I don't think I shall always follow her logic.         Frank



Note: Being College Educated does not lend one to be correct in all things or given a pass because of ones age or whatever.
Your "Wife's feelings on guns are best knee jerk and not from an educated point of view.
Friendship aside. Kill all the people with guns? So all Southerners? All Westerners who hunt? All people from up North who have weapons for whatever reason need to be killed and their weapons confiscated?
Guns are a non living mechanism like a car. So when a drunk driver kills someone while driving a Chevy. Do we start banning all Chevys from being sold?
I am not following the logic nor the humor.

__________________
I voted for Trump. 
JoiseyGuy

Registered:
Posts: 24,434
Reply with quote  #56 
Rock - Lighten up !!  She, in her own way, was saying that she too does not have a viable solution (killing all the people with guns is so absurd that she was saying that she doesn't have a solution -get it? -absurd hyperbole to make a point), but still regards the USA as having a gun problem because of what she reads and sees in the media.  I do believe that you are correct about geography to some degree determining the degree of social emotionalism about the subject.  By the way, no one is looking for a pass because of age (or even geography) here. Just as you are entitled to a gut level opinion, so are we. As for a college education, you and I have been there and done that and it should be obvious to us both (it is to me) that all people are ignorant, but in various degrees and about different things.   Try to remember that and don't get so upset when someone disagrees with your perspectives.  As for hunting, my friend who has been deer hunting most of his life recently told me that the older he got he found it increasingly difficult to kill anything, so now he "hunts" with a camera and loves the woods when it snows.  The difference between the Chevy and the gun is simple.  People don't open their garages and go out with their Chevy to kill anything or anybody.  As a matter of fact most try to avoid that with their Chevy.  When someone is "packing" and goes hunting, his intent is to kill. Yes, both are machines, but the intent of how they are to be used is the difference.   
Frank
PS - Have a better grasp of both the logic with an intent premise, and the hyperbole humor to make a point??  No harm, no foul.  No bad intent here.  [wave]   

__________________
"Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking. Where it is absent discussion is apt to become worse than useless." Leo Tolstoy

"Do not try to teach pigs to sing. It will frustrate you and infuriate the pigs who will unite in anger against you, and you will never achieve singing your song". Dr. Petersen
woody

Registered:
Posts: 9,010
Reply with quote  #57 
13% of our nations population, commits over 50% of the homicides in our nation. Narrow that down to a male demographic of 16-40 year old males from that 13%. Do the numbers lie? Is it unfair that I question whom is doing the majority of killing in our nation? Does anyone have a solution to changing this statistic? Should this demographic be denied the right to bear arms? Remember, they are the ones doing the majority of killings, why not stop them from having firearms, and isolate them from our society? In Biblical times, people were executed, or exiled for life, for crimes against their community.
__________________
Rats flee from the sinking vessel. They traverse nimbly upon a rope, safely cleated to the dock, that is private enterprise. Socialism is dead, and tits up in the water. A bloated, death show, for rubberneckers of all classes to view.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
rocklifter

Registered:
Posts: 2,921
Reply with quote  #58 
So in her on way?
Does that mean I am supposed to give her a pass for being opinionated? Yet I cant possess an opinion?
Quite frankly if you were the friend you state you are and you take issue with what I said. Then take it somewhere else instead of trying to call out, make examples, or generally embarrass a so called friend.
Quite honestly I do not see how anyone who has any basis of faith and love for this country could not take serious issue with the statement she supposedly said to me.
Lighten up indeed.

__________________
I voted for Trump. 
JoiseyGuy

Registered:
Posts: 24,434
Reply with quote  #59 
rock - She didn't say that to you.  She said that to me in response to my not having a solution for a situation that she and I consider a problem.  It's not personal, and I'm really confused about your attitude here toward an old friend.  I am not attacking you or your values.  I merely disagree with at least one of them.  That's all. If I point out that "In God WeTrust" was put on our money in 1956, not 1776, I'm not attacking your God, just stating a fact. I am not "taking issue" with you, but perhaps disagreeing in perspective.   I could care less how you worship or how you stand on the question of a Christian nation (debatable with data available on both sides of the fence). Take a deep breath and truly understand that no one is attacking you personally.  Believe what you will.  That is the strength of our nation. You are intelligent and surely don't expect everybody else to think as you do on every subject.  I am shocked that you would think that I would ever want to embarrass you - farthest thing from my mind.  

I still want to know how your softball daughter is doing.  I'm having lunch with Coach this Thursday.  Is she up to playing at that level?  Can you PM me about that?     Frank
 
PS - They are running a camp December 20 and 21 I believe.  Check their website.  

__________________
"Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking. Where it is absent discussion is apt to become worse than useless." Leo Tolstoy

"Do not try to teach pigs to sing. It will frustrate you and infuriate the pigs who will unite in anger against you, and you will never achieve singing your song". Dr. Petersen
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #60 

Rock - I think she was talking about me.  I didn't take it so personally.  She, or anyone, can say whatever they want.  If she were a State Senator, I'd probably have a major problem with it.  As far as I know, she's just a regular citizen like the rest of us, so no biggie.  Just FWIW.

Woody - you miss the whole point of the "gun control" issue.  It isn't about solving any problems.  It's about making people (mostly white liberals) feel good that they supposedly did something.

You notice everyone starts to call for bans on automatic weapons, and use words like machine guns and military rifles.  However, no one has used a machine gun or automatic weapon for one of these shootings.

Also, they basically don't understand the notion that criminals have guns.  Enacting some sort of ban on some sort of weapon doesn't, and won't change that fact.

Like I said - it's a feel good thing.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.