Ultimate College Softball
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
Oger

Registered:
Posts: 262
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gators2014


Any idea on potential batting order? Vestal over Lopez?

After watching Fall ball I can't see Vestal over Lopez. I think Lopez will get the number two spot going into the season but Saille will eventually take that spot.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 2,458
Reply with quote  #32 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester45
Damn so everyone leaving OU because of competition according to all the keyboard warriors. Lopez wil transfer her senior year? I doubt it. If she were unhappy wouldn't she go now like the other transfers? Vestal going to transfer because of the pitchers coming in. Give me a break. You know Lopez will still get a lot of innings. At worst she's going to keep the same role she had. I think her role will actually increase as far as important innings. And do most people expect Vestal to come into OU and be the ace as a freshman? Saile, Juarez, Lopez, and Conrad are all juniors. So Vestal could still very well be the ace her junior year. 


It cracks me up how all the other teams get transfers and its a non event but at OU its somehow slighting the players already there. OU had 2 girls transfer out for lack of playing time. 1 was a pitcher. They had 2 girls transfer in. 2 pitchers. So basically they just held water and gained a pitcher. When losing 2 pitchers the caliber Parker and Lowary it would make sense to add pitching. And if Vestal is as advertised she could very well be the ace her junior year. Nothing to see here. If you want excitment go to Oregon and Horn threads.


The point with Vestel was only would she be willing & able to sit 2 full seasons with limited reps waiting her turn to become the "ace her junior year". IMO why would she when she could transfer and play immediately if this season doesn't go her way.

And point to anything she did this Fall that would lead us to her being the Ace this season? And over Juarez...not likely. Vestel & Saile are similar type pitchers, very different from Juarez. I imagine if Vestel shows she can get the job done, Gasso could elect to go with a bigger, more physical presence on the mound over Saile. Nobody on that staff throwing close to 70 so it's all about batter optics. 

And actually there is alot to see with OK & that 6 deep bullpen. 

Lovepurplelivegold

Registered:
Posts: 376
Reply with quote  #33 
LSU Softball
1.) Aaliyah Andrews CF
2.) Amanda Sanchez RF
3.) Amanda Doyle 1B
4.) Shelbi Sunseri DH
5.) Georgia Clark RF
6.) Michaela Schlattman C
7.) Shemiah Sanchez 2B
8.) Amber Serrett SS
9.) Taryn Antoine RF

I think this a lineup LSU could think about or consider. Georgia Clark had an excellent fall and it will be hard to keep her out of the lineup. However, with the infield all being seniors, it’s hard to see her getting time in the infield. This year more than the past 4 years, there will be many players given opportunities because we don’t have 2 AA pitchers in the circle (yet). Goff, Clark, Tidwell, Perkins, Cummins, Stewart and more will all get chances. Schlattman, Sanchez, Serrett should not be allowed to hit under .250 this year.

But knowing Beth, the lineup will probably be
1.) Jr. Aaliyah Andrews LF
2.) So. Taryn Antoine RF
3.) Sr. Amanda Sanchez 3B
4.) Jr. Amanda Doyle 1B
5.) Sr. Michaela Schlattman C
6.) So. Shelbi Sunseri DH
7.) Sr. Shemiah Sanchez 2B
8.) Sr. Amber Serrett SS
9.) Fr. Savannah Stewart CF

Pitching:
1.) Maribeth Gorsuch
2a) Shelbi Sunseri
2b) Ali Kilponen
2c) Shelby Wickersham
I think pitching will still be good for LSU. Gorsuch and Sunseri showed last year in the Florida series that they can be very good in the SEC. Kilponen and Wickersham were highly rated recruits.

This is gonna be a fun year in the Bayou
SJ28

Registered:
Posts: 296
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs4585


Here ya go:

1B - Donald duck
2B - Daffy Duck
3B - count Duckula
SS - AFLAC Duck
LF - Huey
CF - Dewie
RF - louie
C - scrooge mcduck
DP - Daisy Duck

P - Maggie Balint
SJ28

Registered:
Posts: 296
Reply with quote  #35 
My choice would be Melissa Duck at SS with AFLAC Duck as a pinch runner.
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 2,923
Reply with quote  #36 
<< Batting order guess:

CF Mendes
2B Clifton
LF Alo
1B Knighten
3B Romero
DP Aviu
C Elam
SS Lyons
RF Rogers

Pretty fierce 1-6. I like Rogers as a second leadoff in the 9-hole. I think Lundberg and Flores will get lots of ABs as well.
As for pitching depth, I think Juarez and Saile are 1-2. Lopez is a solid #3. She throws strikes (maybe too many), which PG likes. >> (RahOKU)


=============================================================================================


RahOKU - I agree with pretty much everything you said in this post... but I will change the lineup a bit.

CF Mendes
LF Alo
1B Knighten
3B Romero
2B Clifton
DP Aviu
 C  Iakopo
SS Lyons
RF Rogers

Flores will be battling for that SS spot. Both her and Lundberg can hit and will get their ABs.
If Mendes fails to hit well out of the lead off spot, I see Romero going back into that spot - but I think Mendes will have a big year.
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 2,923
Reply with quote  #37 
<< 1B - Donald duck
2B - Daffy Duck
3B - count Duckula
SS - AFLAC Duck
LF - Huey
CF - Dewie
RF - louie
C - scrooge mcduck
DP - Daisy Duck  >> (cjs)

----------------------------------------------------------


Excellent, cjs.

I would only add this...

Coach - Duck and cover
Kelly1192

Registered:
Posts: 84
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryLouisAaron
<< Batting order guess:

CF Mendes
2B Clifton
LF Alo
1B Knighten
3B Romero
DP Aviu
C Elam
SS Lyons
RF Rogers

Pretty fierce 1-6. I like Rogers as a second leadoff in the 9-hole. I think Lundberg and Flores will get lots of ABs as well.
As for pitching depth, I think Juarez and Saile are 1-2. Lopez is a solid #3. She throws strikes (maybe too many), which PG likes. >> (RahOKU)


=============================================================================================


RahOKU - I agree with pretty much everything you said in this post... but I will change the lineup a bit.

CF Mendes
LF Alo
1B Knighten
3B Romero
2B Clifton
DP Aviu
 C  Iakopo
SS Lyons
RF Rogers

Flores will be battling for that SS spot. Both her and Lundberg can hit and will get their ABs.
If Mendes fails to hit well out of the lead off spot, I see Romero going back into that spot - but I think Mendes will have a big year.
Did lakopo transfer to OU?
SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 1,341
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovepurplelivegold
LSU Softball
1.) Aaliyah Andrews CF
2.) Amanda Sanchez RF
3.) Amanda Doyle 1B
4.) Shelbi Sunseri DH
5.) Georgia Clark RF
6.) Michaela Schlattman C
7.) Shemiah Sanchez 2B
8.) Amber Serrett SS
9.) Taryn Antoine RF


No way. Did Beth even put her in the OF at all this fall? She plays 1B

Honestly the younger kids looked like the better hitters on the team this fall but it will be up to Torina if she will bench any of her seniors. Sub .250 hitters isn't acceptable. 
TaacAsunSunblt

Registered:
Posts: 231
Reply with quote  #40 
I will give a shot on Troy's starting lineup (nobody cares lol).  I am a little worried because UL keeps adding these SEC transfers.  They will take the conference by storm.  I had high hopes for Troy this year.  They return almost every starter and our 1 and 2 pitchers were both ASWA Miss Softball the last two season.  (Prior winners of this award were Swindle, Sumerlin, Madi Moore, Kasey Cooper, McCleney, etc).


1.  Logan Calhoun* - SS
2.  Madeline Porter* - 3B
3.  Kaite Webb* - 1B
4.  Stephanie Snyder* - RF
5.  Kaylee Hussey* - C
6.  Hope Hernandez - 2B
7.  Adia Polk - EH
8.  Brooke Echols - CF
9.  Taylor Corbett* - LF

P1.  Leanna Johnson
P2.  Annie Willis

*Returning starter
The only two I am not sure about are EH and CF.  I believe Brooke Echols is coming off an injury, but she had some playing time prior to it.  Hernandez came on strong at the end of the year, so I expect her to take over at 2B.  P1 is a freshmen, but I believe she is the one that beat FSU this fall.  She is supposedly very good and was just overlooked because she is from a small town and didn't play big time travel ball.  
 
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,958
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaacAsunSunblt
I will give a shot on Troy's starting lineup (nobody cares lol).  I am a little worried because UL keeps adding these SEC transfers.  They will take the conference by storm.  I had high hopes for Troy this year.  They return almost every starter and our 1 and 2 pitchers were both ASWA Miss Softball the last two season.  (Prior winners of this award were Swindle, Sumerlin, Madi Moore, Kasey Cooper, McCleney, etc).


1.  Logan Calhoun* - SS
2.  Madeline Porter* - 3B
3.  Kaite Webb* - 1B
4.  Stephanie Snyder* - RF
5.  Kaylee Hussey* - C
6.  Hope Hernandez - 2B
7.  Adia Polk - EH
8.  Brooke Echols - CF
9.  Taylor Corbett* - LF

P1.  Leanna Johnson
P2.  Annie Willis

*Returning starter
The only two I am not sure about are EH and CF.  I believe Brooke Echols is coming off an injury, but she had some playing time prior to it.  Hernandez came on strong at the end of the year, so I expect her to take over at 2B.  P1 is a freshmen, but I believe she is the one that beat FSU this fall.  She is supposedly very good and was just overlooked because she is from a small town and didn't play big time travel ball.  
 


I’m actually really excited to see this. Been following Troy the past few years and felt like they’re getting close. Think Adia Polk will be a fun one to watch!
D22

Registered:
Posts: 151
Reply with quote  #42 
Troy is a very good team 
HoustonBear15

Registered:
Posts: 387
Reply with quote  #43 
BAYLOR- assuming that everyone is back to healthy by start of the season

1. (Sr.) Kyla Walker - LF
2. (Jr.) Nicky Dawson - 2B
3. (Jr.) Goose McGlaun - 1B
4. (Fr.) Kassidy Krupit - 3B
5. (So.) Hannah Thompson - DP
6. (Jr.) Maddison Kettler - RF
7. (Fr.) Tyler Trott - C
8. (Jr.) Taylor Ellis - SS
9. (Fr.) Lou Gilbert - CF

Pitching:
1. (Sr.) Gia Rodoni
2a. (Sr.) Regan Green
2b. (So.) Sidney Holman
if needed- Kassidy Krupit
BP. (Fr.) Madison Lindsey
BP. (So.) Lexi Koltz
DisneyBob

Registered:
Posts: 19
Reply with quote  #44 
Any idea how the kid Allen is doing?
Chester45

Registered:
Posts: 274
Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone



The point with Vestel was only would she be willing & able to sit 2 full seasons with limited reps waiting her turn to become the "ace her junior year". IMO why would she when she could transfer and play immediately if this season doesn't go her way.

And point to anything she did this Fall that would lead us to her being the Ace this season? And over Juarez...not likely. Vestel & Saile are similar type pitchers, very different from Juarez. I imagine if Vestel shows she can get the job done, Gasso could elect to go with a bigger, more physical presence on the mound over Saile. Nobody on that staff throwing close to 70 so it's all about batter optics. 

And actually there is alot to see with OK & that 6 deep bullpen. 



Is a rotation of 6 all that unusual now? Also you are counting Mendes in the rotation. She’s a position player that might or might not pitch some meaningless innings. But you are insistent on making something out of nothing. Lopez and Conrad both throw around 70 btw
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 2,458
Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester45


Is a rotation of 6 all that unusual now? Also you are counting Mendes in the rotation. She’s a position player that might or might not pitch some meaningless innings. But you are insistent on making something out of nothing. Lopez and Conrad both throw around 70 btw


Was your first sentence serious? Other than a bunch of "live bodies" on the roster, show me program of relevance utilizing more than 3 pitchers on a semi regular basis. Everybody else is just good for a picture in the Program.

And Mendes is probably better than half the kids in the OK bullpen anyway. 

Something out of nothing...not really. Many think she'll have a meaningful impact on the program anytime soon. I'm looking to 2021 before she get much more than 50-75 innings...@ OK.




Chester45

Registered:
Posts: 274
Reply with quote  #47 
Mendes is at best a spot pitcher. Of the other 5 pitchers who is she better than? Something out of nothing is correct. Does OU have a history of that type of problem? Your just inventing a problem based on nothing but to much free time and HOPING there is a problem. Team concept has been the reason of success. Thinking Mendes is better than half the bullpen shows you don’t know anything about OU
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 2,458
Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester45
Mendes is at best a spot pitcher. Of the other 5 pitchers who is she better than? Something out of nothing is correct. Does OU have a history of that type of problem? Your just inventing a problem based on nothing but to much free time and HOPING there is a problem. Team concept has been the reason of success. Thinking Mendes is better than half the bullpen shows you don’t know anything about OU


Hoping & inventing a problem? Have nothing against OK. Great Coach. Great program. Great history. And history of WHAT type of problem? Heavy bullpen? Ask Vestel & Conrad, the 4th & 5th kids on the depth chart.  Hey man if every kid is happy what's to say?

You're getting defensive about perceived mis-characterization on their team chemistry. I know zero about their team chemistry, but don't have to be objective. 

As far as Mendes...spot duty or otherwise. You could plug her in in front of Vestel & Conrad in ANY game they are playing and she will give the team a better chance to win.
Chester45

Registered:
Posts: 274
Reply with quote  #49 
I’d take Conrad over her and since we haven’t seen Vestal pitch in a college game that’s a again a statement YOU Are not qualified to make.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 2,458
Reply with quote  #50 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester45
I’d take Conrad over her and since we haven’t seen Vestal pitch in a college game that’s a again a statement YOU Are not qualified to make.


Objectively, Conrad is almost as unproven as Vestel. She's barely thrown at all since transferring and, if she had previously shown any upside, you would have seen her more to date. Her past injury aside, Gasso isn't "saving" any player able to make an immediate impact, especially a pitcher. Vestel, you make my case for me. BECAUSE we haven't seen her pitch in college is the case for Mendes...she's a known quantity. 

I witnessed the Vestel watch party for 3 full years before OK. She peaked with a PGF victory. Since then she went MIA with an injury, and had digressed as a pitcher. Did you happen to see her pitch in the All Stare Game late summer? She got throttled over 2 innings. Not a great Swan Song to your highly publicized Prep Career. If a kid can't get jacked for a Nationally televised ball game against the supposed best players in the country, it will be an uphill climb. I have no idea how she looked in Fall Ball. With that overflowing bullpen I doubt she got very many innings though...and that's part of the problem. I do know if she had shown any sign of being capable, it would have been blasted all over this Board. Vestel is a Freshman Pitcher...it's like being labeled with a Curse. You get few chances to prove yourself and if you can't get it done, you get kicked to the Bullpen. She happens to be in the most unenviable position of being a Freshman waiting her turn behind at minimum 4 players with greater talent & experience.

Every year some upstart Freshman phenom takes the circle & gets it done in a very big way. Haff/Beubian/Holloway last year. I hope it's Vestel in 2019. What a great story for her and OK. 

Chester45, I enjoy the debates. Serious question though, I'm wondering what qualifications I need to opine? 
Oger

Registered:
Posts: 262
Reply with quote  #51 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


Objectively, Conrad is almost as unproven as Vestel. She's barely thrown at all since transferring and, if she had previously shown any upside, you would have seen her more to date. Her past injury aside, Gasso isn't "saving" any player able to make an immediate impact, especially a pitcher. Vestel, you make my case for me. BECAUSE we haven't seen her pitch in college is the case for Mendes...she's a known quantity. 

I witnessed the Vestel watch party for 3 full years before OK. She peaked with a PGF victory. Since then she went MIA with an injury, and had digressed as a pitcher. Did you happen to see her pitch in the All Stare Game late summer? She got throttled over 2 innings. Not a great Swan Song to your highly publicized Prep Career. If a kid can't get jacked for a Nationally televised ball game against the supposed best players in the country, it will be an uphill climb. I have no idea how she looked in Fall Ball. With that overflowing bullpen I doubt she got very many innings though...and that's part of the problem. I do know if she had shown any sign of being capable, it would have been blasted all over this Board. Vestel is a Freshman Pitcher...it's like being labeled with a Curse. You get few chances to prove yourself and if you can't get it done, you get kicked to the Bullpen. She happens to be in the most unenviable position of being a Freshman waiting her turn behind at minimum 4 players with greater talent & experience.

Every year some upstart Freshman phenom takes the circle & gets it done in a very big way. Haff/Beubian/Holloway last year. I hope it's Vestel in 2019. What a great story for her and OK. 

Chester45, I enjoy the debates. Serious question though, I'm wondering what qualifications I need to opine? 

The issues with Vestal aren't physical, they're mental. She is lacking in confidence and that lack of confidence is the main contributor to her control issues. Coach Gasso pretty much said so after Fall Ball. Her Freshman year will be spotty at best.
Juarez and Saille will get the majority of starts while Conrad will get a few starts early to see where she is at. Look for Conrad to fill the Closer roll.
Mendes will get more innings this year than last especially on windy days when we need more ground balls than fly balls.
RahOKU

Registered:
Posts: 2,151
Reply with quote  #52 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oger

The issues with Vestal aren't physical, they're mental. She is lacking in confidence and that lack of confidence is the main contributor to her control issues. Coach Gasso pretty much said so after Fall Ball. Her Freshman year will be spotty at best.
Juarez and Saille will get the majority of starts while Conrad will get a few starts early to see where she is at. Look for Conrad to fill the Closer roll.
Mendes will get more innings this year than last especially on windy days when we need more ground balls than fly balls.


Good Intel.
leip822

Registered:
Posts: 527
Reply with quote  #53 
UCLA lineup

Bri Perez SS
Kinsley Washington 2B
Aliyah Jordan LF
Rachel Garcia P
Bubba nickels CF
Bri Tautallafua 3B
Colleen Sullivan 1B
Paige Halstead C
Anna Vines RF

Pitchers
Rachel Garcia
Megan Faraimo
Holly Azevdo



__________________
sl
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 2,923
Reply with quote  #54 
<< The issues with Vestal aren't physical, they're mental. She is lacking in confidence and that lack of confidence is the main contributor to her control issues. Coach Gasso pretty much said so after Fall Ball. Her Freshman year will be spotty at best.
Juarez and Saille will get the majority of starts while Conrad will get a few starts early to see where she is at. Look for Conrad to fill the Closer roll.
Mendes will get more innings this year than last especially on windy days when we need more ground balls than fly balls. >> (Oger)


<< Good Intel. >> (RahOKU)


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Except that there was no mention of Lopez whatsoever.
Mariah will play a decent size role in the 2019 Oklahoma season... 
much like she has in the past two seasons.
She may even have a bigger role in 2019. 
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 2,458
Reply with quote  #55 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oger

The issues with Vestal aren't physical, they're mental. She is lacking in confidence and that lack of confidence is the main contributor to her control issues. Coach Gasso pretty much said so after Fall Ball. Her Freshman year will be spotty at best.
Juarez and Saille will get the majority of starts while Conrad will get a few starts early to see where she is at. Look for Conrad to fill the Closer roll.
Mendes will get more innings this year than last especially on windy days when we need more ground balls than fly balls.


Your first couple lines sum up just about every Freshman, with few exceptions. Until she gets some quality innings and, the time to work thru & into the College game, her confidence will always sort of run in place. Too many Freshman are never given the time to succeed. 

As far as Conrad & the Closer role. I still think it's a nice way of telling a kid she's not good enough to start. And I can't recall very many true Closers in Softball. Position really doesn't truly exist...in the Baseball sense. With Conrad I guess there is an opportunity. Both Juarez & Saile aren't going to blow it by any batters. Conrad can at least still throw gas which, would be tough to adjust to in the late innings of a game. Possibly enough so she can hold teams down for 1-2 innings. That said, it's one thing to closeout some scrub out of Conference team. It's quite another to closeout a top program needing a single run over 6-9 batters. She hasn't thrown much at all. Would be curious to see if she would hold up to the late game pressure. That and it would expand that Bullpen big time.
RahOKU

Registered:
Posts: 2,151
Reply with quote  #56 
Paige Lowary was a pretty good closer much of her senior season, especially. She did both, of course. But PG really liked her turning the lights out on teams.

Agree the role is unusual in softball.
RahOKU

Registered:
Posts: 2,151
Reply with quote  #57 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


Both Juarez & Saile aren't going to blow it by any batters.


Juarez whiffed 305 in 224.1 innings last season with 13 shutouts. Must a heckuva spinner!

 

outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 2,458
Reply with quote  #58 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RahOKU


Juarez whiffed 305 in 224.1 innings last season with 13 shutouts. Must a heckuva spinner!

 



With velocity that is.

Juarez made many a batter look silly with her pretzel balls
SBFan101

Registered:
Posts: 138
Reply with quote  #59 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leip822
UCLA lineup

Bri Perez SS
Kinsley Washington 2B
Aliyah Jordan LF
Rachel Garcia P
Bubba nickels CF
Bri Tautallafua 3B
Colleen Sullivan 1B
Paige Halstead C
Anna Vines RF

Pitchers
Rachel Garcia
Megan Faraimo
Holly Azevdo




K.Godin will somehow be somewhere in the top of that lineup
And T.Pack will be somewhere in the heart of it
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 18,661
Reply with quote  #60 
Pack would get most of the squats, no?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.