Ultimate College Softball
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,405
Reply with quote  #31 

35-person rosters are idiotic.

25? Still a lot of wasted space, but in the ballpark

1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,946
Reply with quote  #32 
It's embarrassing that some players did not bother to proofread what they wrote either.  It makes them look ill-prepared for real life.  And terpalum...heartbreaking?  Gtfowtbs.  NOBODY is entitled to ANYTHING in life.
TerpAlum

Registered:
Posts: 766
Reply with quote  #33 
I am glad to see that reading comprehension is so high after graduating from these esteemed universities. Again, try reading the complaints; this is not coming from me; I am just labeling it as the crap that it is, led by Glasco.

No one said LESS reps; they are getting NO REPS at all, and in particular no reps to determine who gets to be on the playing/travel roster and who doesn't. Abusing your authority as a coach is not coaching, regardless of whether hero Saban does something. I am not sure after the many deaths in college football from heat and other issues related to neanderthal training that we should look to college football to be the role model for anything.

At least the church lady has stopped deleting posts.
Nextyear

Registered:
Posts: 295
Reply with quote  #34 
As coaching salaries continue to climb softball coaches are going to act more and more like football and basketball coaches. It doesn’t matter the coaches gender - it’s a business. Parents and players need to do their homework before signing. Look at the last couple of years rosters and see how many have moved on each year. Big turnovers will tell you two things...

1. The coach can’t evaluate talent.

Or

2. The coach treats players like commodities and just interchangeable parts.

It is tough when there is a coaching change. The first thing a new coach does is look at their roster and decides who can help me and who is a mistake made by a previous coach. Those previous mistakes probably got the last coach fired and that scholarship money is likely better used elsewhere. If a player does not move on that is when they will stop getting reps in many programs.

Glasco has waited to long for this opportunity to worry about hurting anyone’s feelings. He is going to do whatever he has to do to win. In reality college softball is no different than life with politics, cliques and inner circles. The only way a player can protect themselves is by being to valuable to get rid of on the team. In the end if a coach wins they will keep their job and maybe get a better one. With the good P5 jobs paying from 200K - 400K I don’t see these things changing any time soon.



LCITSH

Registered:
Posts: 2,781
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpAlum
I am glad to see that reading comprehension is so high after graduating from these esteemed universities. Again, try reading the complaints; this is not coming from me; I am just labeling it as the crap that it is, led by Glasco.

No one said LESS reps; they are getting NO REPS at all, and in particular no reps to determine who gets to be on the playing/travel roster and who doesn't. Abusing your authority as a coach is not coaching, regardless of whether hero Saban does something. I am not sure after the many deaths in college football from heat and other issues related to neanderthal training that we should look to college football to be the role model for anything.

At least the church lady has stopped deleting posts.


This is not about the complaints. This about you making statements of facts that are actually your opinion.

What is coming from you are opinions that you are saying are facts and you have no knowledge of what the facts are. None of what you have said has any veracity because you are commenting on statements that have yet to be proven. You are also making statements about how this team is coached when you are not here to see how it is coached. If it is so necessary for you to denigrate people, stick to your own program and stop showing your ignorance of things and people of which you have no clue.

__________________
Terrell S. Hebert
Louisiana USSSA Church Coordinator
LCITSH

Registered:
Posts: 2,781
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextyear
As coaching salaries continue to climb softball coaches are going to act more and more like football and basketball coaches. It doesn’t matter the coaches gender - it’s a business. Parents and players need to do their homework before signing. Look at the last couple of years rosters and see how many have moved on each year. Big turnovers will tell you three things...

1. The coach can’t evaluate talent.

Or

2. The coach treats players like commodities and just interchangeable parts.

It is tough when there is a coaching change. The first thing a new coach does is look at their roster and decides who can help me and who is a mistake made by a previous coach. Those previous mistakes probably got the last coach fired and that scholarship money is likely better used elsewhere. If a player does not move on that is when they will stop getting reps in many programs.

Glasco has waited to long for this opportunity to worry about hurting anyone’s feelings. He is going to do whatever he has to do to win. In reality college softball is no different than life with politics, cliques and inner circles. The only way a player can protect themselves is by being to valuable to get rid of on the team. In the end if a coach wins they will keep their job and maybe get a better one. With the good P5 jobs paying from 200K - 400K I don’t see these things changing any time soon.





3. Better players come into the program and take up playing time. Former starters go to other (normally lesser) programs to get playing time.

__________________
Terrell S. Hebert
Louisiana USSSA Church Coordinator
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,946
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCITSH


3. Better players come into the program and take up playing time. Former starters go to other (normally lesser) programs to get playing time.



Your best comment ever...so true enough said.

And for crying out loud, terpalum, it's a never ending anti-man crusade with you.  Does your hubby wear a pussy hat too?
SmileyAnders

Registered:
Posts: 966
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW_Angel
 Was surprised that players names weren't redacted in the complaints.

Especially the players who were basically outed. 
Nextyear

Registered:
Posts: 295
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCITSH


3. Better players come into the program and take up playing time. Former starters go to other (normally lesser) programs to get playing time.


100% true. But when the turnover rate gets significantly higher year after year than other competitive programs you have to ask why.
3lefturns

Registered:
Posts: 113
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextyear


100% true. But when the turnover rate gets significantly higher year after year than other competitive programs you have to ask why.
It happens at all programs, not just this one. If you recall, at times, the team had as many as 35 players. Glasco didn't want to, or, needed to keep all of them. Lotief got mostly players from Louisiana and Texas with potential, not top 100 players. Glasco is taking the other route. He is going directly after top 100, top 50, and top 20 players. He already has some very highly regarded players from the 2021 and 2022 signing class. Plus, it looks like other top players at P5 schools want to transfer and play for him. See, Keeli Milligan. She just tweeted, "this is the most fun I've had playing softball in a long time. This team is special!"
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 2,174
Reply with quote  #41 
<< Plus, it looks like other top players at P5 schools want to transfer and play for him. See, Keeli Milligan. She just tweeted, "this is the most fun I've had playing softball in a long time. This team is special!" >> (fake 3LT)


How on earth did you just happen to see a tweet by Keeli Milligan..?
CajunAmos

Registered:
Posts: 1,189
Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryLouisAaron
<< Plus, it looks like other top players at P5 schools want to transfer and play for him. See, Keeli Milligan. She just tweeted, "this is the most fun I've had playing softball in a long time. This team is special!" >> (fake 3LT)


How on earth did you just happen to see a tweet by Keeli Milligan..?


Maybe here.

http://espn1420.com/keeli-milligan-seems-to-be-enjoying-her-time-with-ul-softball/
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 8,697
Reply with quote  #43 
Lotief's lawyer will have a press conference this afternoon:

https://katc.com/news/around-acadiana/lafayette-parish/2018/09/19/press-conference-set-for-tomorrow-regarding-latest-in-lotief-firing/

Not sure if there will be live coverage
Jody

Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #44 

Concerning the players' statements:

If you read them closely, you'll see they all basically say the same thing, mainly because Lotief told them exactly what to say.  A couple of the players wrote long letters after Lotief was fired.  What few know is that Lotief paid them to write the letters.

No one is perfectly compliant with Title IX. 

The "cut the grass" issue compares football to softball.  Baseball has a turf field.  Lotief asked for a turf outfield then changed his mind and asked for a re-sodding.  When you do that, you can't cut the grass for at least a month.  It got long.  Geez.

In the master plan for athletics at UL, softball, baseball, track/soccer and golf have been completed.  Softball was done first, before anything else.  In addition, they have their separate hitting facility.  Title IX my rear end.

One of the players stated she was hit on by an assistant coach and was treated differently when she refused.  What the complaint doesn't say is that as soon as it was reported to Glasco she was immediately fired (she was listed as something other than an assistant coach.)

But here's the clincher.  Two of the players claim they were inappropriately touched by the President of the University and the AD.  Now, everyone, including Lotief, knows that's bull----.  It was done by Lotief because these were the two guys who fired him (actually he fired himself).  The President and AD have tremendous integrity and those accusations raise question as to whether ANY of this stuff actually happened.

ANY chance of this being settled out of court ended with those accusations.  It's a matter of principle now. 

Sooner or later, these players will have to raise their right hand in court.  And, that's when it will hit the fan.  They WILL be held accountable for their lies.

Jody

Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_H
Can someone list the coaches who have had their similar size mid major schools ranked as consistently high for as long as the Lotiefs? I'm sure there must be others. Help me out here.


The program was started by Yvette Girouard.  Her mother handmade their first uniforms.  She had ONE losing season, her first.

They started making regionals in 1989, twelve years before the Lotiefs took over.  She had them in THREE college world series in four years.  In their first trip, they played on Championship Monday when there were three teams left (that was before bracket play).  Lisa Fernandez beat them 1-0.  Arizona then beat UCLA 1-0 to win the natty. 

In their three trips under Girouard, the Cajuns never went two and out.  And, as stated above, finished third in the country in one of them.

Conversely, Lotief has one win in OKC total.
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 2,174
Reply with quote  #46 
Jody - Just wanted to say I appreciate your posts above.
Jody

Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #47 
Thanks.

Just trying to add some truth to the BS that's out there.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,946
Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody


The program was started by Yvette Girouard.  Her mother handmade their first uniforms.  She had ONE losing season, her first.

They started making regionals in 1989, twelve years before the Lotiefs took over.  She had them in THREE college world series in four years.  In their first trip, they played on Championship Monday when there were three teams left (that was before bracket play).  Lisa Fernandez beat them 1-0.  Arizona then beat UCLA 1-0 to win the natty. 

In their three trips under Girouard, the Cajuns never went two and out.  And, as stated above, finished third in the country in one of them.

Conversely, Lotief has one win in OKC total.


USL was high on my list to play at!
MarkHemphill_1

Registered:
Posts: 14
Reply with quote  #49 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody
What few know is that Lotief paid them to write the letters.

Strong statement. You know this to be fact because?
Jody

Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #50 
I drink.  And I know things.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.