Ultimate College Softball
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 7,063
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh




If at some point in my life I need advice from you.................I'll just go ahead and shoot myself in the head.


Contemplating self-harm is a warning sign, buddy. Please go talk with someone you trust. Best wishes.

__________________
"I shouldn’t have asked Kazoo for original content."
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 6,402
Reply with quote  #32 
Wasn't talking to you.

Either way, I'm not her pitching coach and 4, D1 umpires thought she was legal.

__________________
Lock him up! Lock him up!
Yay Mueller!
Daddylawman

Registered:
Posts: 234
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce
Scott, I realize that you are typically very un-self-aware. Your rantings on the Misc. Forum boards speak for themselves. With that said, I'm going to give you some friendly advice.  You shouldn't be engaging in these types of threads when people know who you are and what organization you represent.  You never 'win' the 'argument', which is something you still haven't figured out.  You end up just feeding into the nonsense and perpetuating the discussion that you are trying to stifle.
Why do you think no one else from the Georgia Impact is on here posting? You think you are their 'defender'? lol. Do them a favor and shut it down Scott. They don't want angry scott posting on their behalf.  Sheesh, they are still trying to smooth over the cheating scandal from playing overage players, and you are on here doing your angry scott schtick. Wake up son.


This is at best, amusing, but realistically ignorant.  Scotty doesn't hide who is is or his opinions.  While he may not be respected by some message board know-it-alls, he is respected by travel coaches at the highest level and college coaches across the country.  There's a reason the girls he coaches are regarded highly, and he's done it for multiple organizations.

And I know from personal conversations that Scotty is given the highest respect by the Impact and they have no desire to rein in his opinions.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,406
Reply with quote  #34 
Impressive proper use of 'rein'
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 6,402
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Impressive proper use of 'rein'


That's all you('ve) got? Daddylawman is an attorney and I guar-on-tee he knows how to spell reign. When you got nothing, run spell check. Classy.

__________________
Lock him up! Lock him up!
Yay Mueller!
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 7,063
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh


That's all you('ve) got? Daddylawman is an attorney and I guar-on-tee he knows how to spell reign. When you got nothing, run spell check. Classy.



lol you are not very bright.

__________________
"I shouldn’t have asked Kazoo for original content."
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,406
Reply with quote  #37 

I would surmise he also knows how to spell rain

My golly, such a sublime response. Perfection, fresh

 

TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 8,702
Reply with quote  #38 
Fresh attacking someone else for ignoring the context of a post is the best thing I have read all day.
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 6,402
Reply with quote  #39 
Got me.
__________________
Lock him up! Lock him up!
Yay Mueller!
BStandby

Registered:
Posts: 116
Reply with quote  #40 
Two years ago we had a pitcher on our travel ball team that replanted.  Every pitch.  When we got to PGF (and yes we qualified) the umpires would signal for an illegal pitch but not call it.  When we asked why they said they were told NOT to call illegal pitches at PGF. This might have changed but it was interesting none the less.


__________________
Bob...
Dadintow

Registered:
Posts: 8
Reply with quote  #41 
Back to the game!
I enjoyed the gutsy performances of all the pitchers. By the end of that tourney the are all running out of gas. Both teams had multiple chances to put rins up but the pitchers seemed to bear down and close out the innings. I thought the base running was a bit suspect but couldn't tell for sure with the TV coverage, but not scoring from first on a double late in the game I thought for sure would cost the Impact.
Really enjoyed the game. Needed some softball!

__________________
Choose to be Positive in Life
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 6,402
Reply with quote  #42 
When she gets called, we will do something. Who are we to interject ourselves into a pointless situation? 4 people, from 4 different perspectives, less than 50 feet away, with far superior knowledge of the rules decided she was legal. What do you suggest I tell her pitching coach?
__________________
Lock him up! Lock him up!
Yay Mueller!
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 7,063
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
When she gets called, we will do something. Who are we to interject ourselves into a pointless situation? 4 people, from 4 different perspectives, less than 50 feet away, with far superior knowledge of the rules decided she was legal. What do you suggest I tell her pitching coach?




Seems reasonable to me. Why are you all insisting that this player change something that isn't being identified (by the umps) as illegal? Terp, if you put your emotions on the shelf for a minute, and take an objective look at the facts, it would help. The umps aren't calling the replant, whether it's barnhill, this player, or whomever. Therein lies your problem. Asking a player to change her successful technique simply because you don't like it and you think it is illegal won't and shouldn't happen. Haranguing her coach because he won't override her pitching coach is unfair.

__________________
"I shouldn’t have asked Kazoo for original content."
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 2,102
Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce




Seems reasonable to me. Why are you all insisting that this player change something that isn't being identified (by the umps) as illegal? Terp, if you put your emotions on the shelf for a minute, and take an objective look at the facts, it would help. The umps aren't calling the replant, whether it's barnhill, this player, or whomever. Therein lies your problem. Asking a player to change her successful technique simply because you don't like it and you think it is illegal won't and shouldn't happen. Haranguing her coach because he won't override her pitching coach is unfair.


A fair post in response & defense of Fresh. 

Terp's not injecting emotion. She is injecting FACT. And the Umps are calling the IP more. Look no further than Barnhill's multiple meltdown games last season. The simple fact is, she has been enabled for years to pitch illegally. By everybody from any of her coaches to Field Umps. That's not debatable. I don't believe pitching coaches are intentionally teaching illegal techniques in these scenarios. The player's current coaches (Walton, Fresh etc...) are merely working around bad umpiring and the refusal to call IP on ANY consistent basis. Most of us would subscribe to the same methodology short of any serious consequence. 

As far as 'successful technique' & 'haranguing' her coach...Lynch will get to Auburn and Dean could give 2 craps who her pitching coach has been. In his mind he's been delivered a defective product which has got to be fixed. Lynch or any of these so called can't miss recruits can get away with most anything as long as they strike some kids out and win a few games in High School/Travel.  College is another story entirely. 

Barnhill has been the anomaly. Gabby Plain is the next anomaly on the rise but only because she is so blatantly illegal. Not sure if the IP calling will change next year but something needs to be done in the context of enforcing the Rule Book. What I do find interesting is we have never heard a single official statement out of any Conference, Umpire, Association, NCAA in regards to why IP aren't not being enforced. Short of that just change the rule already.

While I don't agree with Fresh on this subject, he has been 100% consistent in his position from day one.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,950
Reply with quote  #45 
The problem is they need to call it or take the rule away.  Make college and international rules the same.  That's it.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,406
Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpAlum
It's not like a permanent decision that absolves everyone forever. You know, be real, they are not looking to call it. While the rules are written poorly, they are not rocket science.


Umps just don't get the pay to have the sack to call it...every time it happens
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,406
Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1janiedough
The problem is they need to call it or take the rule away.  Make college and international rules the same.  That's it.
I know the international rule allows air.... but DOES  it also allow replanting?
daemon

Registered:
Posts: 160
Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
Either way, I'm not her pitching coach and 4, D1 umpires thought she was legal.


Dollars to donuts, the umpires were told not to call it -- don't make waves.  TV game and all.
The East All-American pitcher got enough air to get into the next county.

D1 umpires still get calls wrong...  two in one play in the 18U game.
CrowHop

Registered:
Posts: 269
Reply with quote  #49 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh


Either way, I'm not her pitching coach


For which I'm sure she is profoundly grateful.

__________________
Your pitcher is illegal.
Oger

Registered:
Posts: 199
Reply with quote  #50 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1janiedough
The problem is they need to call it or take the rule away.  Make college and international rules the same.  That's it.

I personally think the lack of enforcement on this rule is going make it go in that direction.
MadDogsDad

Registered:
Posts: 2,194
Reply with quote  #51 
Not to belabor a point. But to suggest the 4 D1 umpires, didn’t call it therefore they are saying it’s legal is a little disingenuous. If 4 cops watch me go 73 in a 65, I cannot, with sound mind say I was driving the legal speed.
__________________
And if I don't like what you say then...

your kid sucks.
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 7,063
Reply with quote  #52 
Who suggested that replanting is legal? And doubtful that anyone would argue that driving 73 in a 65 is legal. I'd tweak your analogy to make it (imo) more accurate:


If 4 cops watch you EVERY DAY go 73 in a 65, and don't stop you, and going that extra speed on a daily basis allows you to earn 50k more per year than you would otherwise earn that year, then how would you react if I tell you to stop speeding due to its technical 'illegality'?

__________________
"I shouldn’t have asked Kazoo for original content."
MadDogsDad

Registered:
Posts: 2,194
Reply with quote  #53 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
4 people, from 4 different perspectives, less than 50 feet away, with far superior knowledge of the rules decided she was legal.


I was replying to this comment EarlyGrace.

__________________
And if I don't like what you say then...

your kid sucks.
MadDogsDad

Registered:
Posts: 2,194
Reply with quote  #54 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce
Who suggested that replanting is legal? And doubtful that anyone would argue that driving 73 in a 65 is legal. I'd tweak your analogy to make it (imo) more accurate:


If 4 cops watch you EVERY DAY go 73 in a 65, and don't stop you, and going that extra speed on a daily basis allows you to earn 50k more per year than you would otherwise earn that year, then how would you react if I tell you to stop speeding due to its technical 'illegality'?


See above. Not calling it does not equal saying it’s legal.

__________________
And if I don't like what you say then...

your kid sucks.
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 7,063
Reply with quote  #55 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDogsDad


I was replying to this comment EarlyGrace.




ahhhhh my bad. Guess there was someone claiming it was legal. 

__________________
"I shouldn’t have asked Kazoo for original content."
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 32,121
Reply with quote  #56 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce




ahhhhh my bad. Guess there was someone claiming it was legal. 


Whenever cheating is involved, we know who to look for

__________________

Shut up doofus. Not talking to you. 
 
Tomahawk

Registered:
Posts: 38
Reply with quote  #57 
If the back foot lands prior to the lead foot, it's a (potential) gained advantage and illegal. What has me scratching my head is the mechanics where they look like a flying Michael Jackson during the pitch.  For maximum power, you want to get triple extension in your leg drive (ankle, knee, and hip). not flexion.  If Plain can go from International with replanting to learn how to be NCAA legal, how can all those pitchers not get it?
Tomahawk

Registered:
Posts: 38
Reply with quote  #58 
say what you will about Elvis but he is legal  [wink] 

[elvis] 
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,382
Reply with quote  #59 
LOL... Plain is NOT legal.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,406
Reply with quote  #60 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk
If Plain can go from International with replanting to learn how to be NCAA legal, how can all those pitchers not get it?
She didn't. But other than that, good post
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.