Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 4 of 50      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,520
Reply with quote  #91 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
Donald Trump told us he "buys" politicians.  If that isn't illegal, if that isn't bribery, (some of you will say it's locker room talk), then I don't know what else it could be.


What he meant is that he buys them lunch.  
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,989
Reply with quote  #92 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61


What he meant is that he buys them lunch.  


You felt it in his heart right?  We have the obama whisperer [dewy], so why not

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,557
Reply with quote  #93 
He's breaking through with this bribery story.
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,184
Reply with quote  #94 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61


If Trump GAVE money to influence politicians, rail all you want - it's not illegal.  To RECEIVE money in exchange for political favors - that is illegal.



This is actually frequently done, but hard to prove. 

I had a woman who worked for a County government hint strongly to me that her son needed a car.  She then asked if I wanted to talk about their upcoming contracts.

I declined both, and didn't pursue the contracts.  Guess what?  Her and the other contractor were arrested about 18 months later.  That is a very clear case.

Something like the Pam Bondi fiasco, where he gave here a $25k contribution, and then mysteriously decides to drop charges against trumpU, are much harder to prove.

I will admit to campaign donations that opened doors.  Typically, what it did was get me a meeting with someone, so I could introduce myself and my company.  I never asked for any favors, but I didn't want to go into a major competition as an unknown.  That is as close as I've gotten - using contributions as an icebreaker to get a meeting that might have been hard to get otherwise.  BTW - I don't play this game anymore.

There are all sorts of levels and nuances to this process.  I have seen I don't know how many County Commission types go to jail over kickbacks and such.

I think what Dewey doesn't understand is a kickback in exchange for preferential treatment, versus an icebreaker.

I don't much care for trump, but I would doubt that he has directly bribed people.  He isn't that stupid.  I don't doubt that he has paid to start relationships.

It can be ugly.  I hate campaign season, because I get flooded with the requests.  The stink for me was that I had to hedge bets, and donate to them all.

I quit playing that game, and now personally support who I want.  It has cost me at times.

For Clinton, there is lots of this nuanced stuff that has been leaked.  The question is - how stupid is she?  Is there enough to connect the dots?  Or, is it all circumstantial.

That is what the current leaks are about - that she left a trail, so the dots can be connected.  That puts you in jail.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,520
Reply with quote  #95 
All, read this from Gregg Jarrett.  This makes it look very much like the noose really is tightening.  "Avalanche of evidence"

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/11/03/gregg-jarrett-avalanche-evidence-may-now-bury-hillary.html

Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #96 
pabar - Their are laws against bribery.  Here is a link which explains these laws...

https://bribery.uslegal.com/federal-laws-on-bribery/

pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,520
Reply with quote  #97 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
pabar - Their are laws against bribery.  Here is a link which explains these laws...

https://bribery.uslegal.com/federal-laws-on-bribery/



Donating to politicians' campaigns with the expectation of favorable treatment has never been bribery. If it was, none of the current politicians in office would be there - they would be in jail.

I know it's important for you to try to draw a parallel between Hillary and Trump but it just isn't there.  Hillary's crimes are like Mt. Everest and Trump's behavior is a knoll.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,989
Reply with quote  #98 
Wow, from pabar's link

"Sources tell Fox News’s Bret Baier that the FBI has uncovered an “avalanche of evidence” in the Clinton Foundation investigation."

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #99 
I'll take a break here and tell you I made the O'Reilly show tonight.  I think if anyone taped it, they can probably figure out who I am.  I called him out and, to his credit, he printed it.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,520
Reply with quote  #100 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
I'll take a break here and tell you I made the O'Reilly show tonight.  I think if anyone taped it, they can probably figure out who I am.  I called him out and, to his credit, he printed it.


Did he comment on it?
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #101 
He ceded me the point and basically ate his words.  Well, that's how I saw it.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,520
Reply with quote  #102 
I just watched it - he ceded your point (with tongue firmly planted in cheek) but hardly ate his words.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #103 
pabar - You'll like this.  My viewer email was about being inconsistent.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,520
Reply with quote  #104 
I know - I watched the segment.  You were calling out O'Reilly for being inconsistent about taking cheap shots.  Sounds like 75% of your posts in this forum.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,520
Reply with quote  #105 
I actually don't think Hillary will make it to the Oath of Office even if she wins the election.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,989
Reply with quote  #106 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
He ceded me the point and basically ate his words.  Well, that's how I saw it.


That's basically what dewy has said about all the debate opponents that he has slayed in this forum

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #107 
pabar - You want to know my views, I'll move your question over here.  I'd like to hear EG respond to the post I directed at him, not so much the other members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61


In my eyes, you have no credibility because in the face of mountains and mountains of evidence you almost always toe the party line.

Let me ask you a question.  How do you think Bill and Hillary amassed such a huge personal fortune despite being in public service virtually their entire careers?  If you say you don't know, I'll know that you continue to toe the party line.


Between books and speeches where they demand a very high fee, I assume they grew quite wealthy over the last 16 years.  That said, I'm not privy to their life in a way where I can know all these answers.  I could say they stole all the money but that would be as unfounded as those who say similar.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,557
Reply with quote  #108 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
pabar - You want to know my views, I'll move your question over here.  I'd like to hear EG respond to the post I directed at him, not so much the other members.



Between books and speeches where they demand a very high fee, I assume they grew quite wealthy over the last 16 years.  That said, I'm not privy to their life in a way where I can know all these answers.  I could say they stole all the money but that would be as unfounded as those who say similar.


Funny how those demands skyrocketed for Bill when she became SOS and he started giving "speeches" to those wanting favorable decisions and influence from the State Department.  Didn't you chide Donald for doing the same thing?  At least O'Reilly had the courage to face the music on his inconsistencies.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,520
Reply with quote  #109 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
pabar - You want to know my views, I'll move your question over here.  I'd like to hear EG respond to the post I directed at him, not so much the other members.



Between books and speeches where they demand a very high fee, I assume they grew quite wealthy over the last 16 years.  That said, I'm not privy to their life in a way where I can know all these answers.  I could say they stole all the money but that would be as unfounded as those who say similar.


They did not amass well over $100 million on books and speeches.  Now you're intentionally playing dumb.  This is exactly what EG was talking about with regard to your dishonesty.
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 9,725
Reply with quote  #110 
When I play dumb, I'm not playing......
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #111 
pabar - See, you want to answer for me.  OK, tell me what I'm supposed to say, assuming I'm being honest.  Also, tell me how I'll know what I say is truthful.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,557
Reply with quote  #112 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
I've asked this one before and I'll do it again here.  What issue rises to the top of your list with regards to being a good example of Dewey not sharing an honest belief?  When I'm criticized I like to know what specifically prompted it.


I'll give you one from the last week.  You stated that there were conservative members here that did not have any democratic friends and intimated it was their treatment of said people was the reason.  When called on the issue, you could not provide any posts to back that up.

Completely dishonest.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,520
Reply with quote  #113 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
pabar - See, you want to answer for me.  OK, tell me what I'm supposed to say, assuming I'm being honest.  Also, tell me how I'll know what I say is truthful.


At least use logic or hazard a guess.  The reason you don't want to guess is because deep down I believe you know how they got their money but you're afraid to admit it.  

There are only so many ways that the Clintons can amass such a fortune. Books and speeches might account for a few tens of millions but how do they get to well over $100 million.  It's the foundation funneling all of that money to them.  I believe that's why the foundation spends so little on actual charity work - a large chunk of it goes to them personally.  I'll admit we don't have the bank receipts to prove it but at least just put two and two together.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #114 
pabar - Btw, you gave me a "talk radio" type question that is likely made up.  This article says the Clintons reported assets between $11 million and $52 million.  Liabilities were not named which would lower these numbers.  You shouldn't accept these statements the opposition uses to criticize as always being factual.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #115 
pabar - Deep down I think you know Hillary is not the criminal you think but refuse to admit it.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,557
Reply with quote  #116 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
I'll give you one from the last week.  You stated that there were conservative members here that did not have any democratic friends and intimated it was their treatment of said people was the reason.  When called on the issue, you could not provide any posts to back that up.
Completely dishonest.


Dewey - are you ever going to address this?  Was this a misstatement or has someone actually posted this?
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #117 
pabar - The foundation spends most of the money on charity.  If you take in a million dollars and pay $970,000 to all the doctors and nurses for their many months of hard work helping the needy in Africa or wherever, it appears you only gave $30,000 to charity.  The rest looks like salaries, etc., for the foundation.  Again, you have to stop believing everything the Clinton haters tell you.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,520
Reply with quote  #118 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
pabar - Btw, you gave me a "talk radio" type question that is likely made up.  This article says the Clintons reported assets between $11 million and $52 million.  Liabilities were not named which would lower these numbers.  You shouldn't accept these statements the opposition uses to criticize as always being factual.


Do you ever see what a hypocrite you are?  You b1tch all the time about how you're treated and then you tell me I'm giving you a "talk radio" type of question that assumes I'm unable to think for myself.  You've never owned a mirror in your life.

According to money nation (which, as far as I know, is not broadcast on the radio), Hillary is worth $31 million and Bill is worth $80 million.  I'll let you do the math.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,520
Reply with quote  #119 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
pabar - The foundation spends most of the money on charity.  If you take in a million dollars and pay $970,000 to all the doctors and nurses for their many months of hard work helping the needy in Africa or wherever, it appears you only gave $30,000 to charity.  The rest looks like salaries, etc., for the foundation.  Again, you have to stop believing everything the Clinton haters tell you.


You should stop believing the Clintons.  Not sure if you've heard, but they have a reputation for not telling the truth.

"I was under sniper fire..."
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #120 
pabar - I have a ton of Breeders Cup Party preparation to do so I'm out for awhile.  You have a good day.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.