Ultimate College Softball
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 5 of 6     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   Next
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 19,146
Reply with quote  #121 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald44
This shutdown tactic was doomed from the start when he said "I am proud to shut down the government." Here is an idea, open the government and make elected officials work without pay, benefits, and perks until a deal is reached. Unfortunately, that will never happen, but using the govt. workers and contractors as pawns in their pissing match is not the answer. There are compromises by both sides that need to be made and I am tired of paying these jacka55es to beetch and moan about each other while accomplishing nothing.


Trump is already working without pay.  He donates his salary every year. 

The swamp is pissed it is not going their way.  The proposals that seem to be coalescing support contain significant funding for barrier enhancements.  With the money getting allocated up front.  Seems like momentum to get to a deal is building. 

Pelosi is pissed.  Democrats are defecting.  She remains heels dug in.  She does it much longer she will zero out her support.


__________________
"Tonight, we renew our resolve that America will never be a socialist country.   We are born free and we will stay free. "

Emerald44

Registered:
Posts: 215
Reply with quote  #122 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist

 


Pelosi is pissed.  Democrats are defecting.  She remains heels dug in.  She does it much longer she will zero out her support.



I will agree that Pelosi is pissed and she has dug in her heels. On the other two, the vote today and new polls suggest something different. Trump is just as out of touch as the rest of them, part of the swamp just not a lifelong politician. 
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 19,146
Reply with quote  #123 
Perhaps you were not aware, 90% of America now say they want border security. 
__________________
"Tonight, we renew our resolve that America will never be a socialist country.   We are born free and we will stay free. "

Emerald44

Registered:
Posts: 215
Reply with quote  #124 
Which poll is that? 

Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 6,701
Reply with quote  #125 
Ninety nine percent want border security but that’s not the debate. The question is should we spend billions on a border wall? Most Americans say please, let’s not.


__________________
Worst propaganda over last decade...

1)  Telling Americans Hillary would be locked up
2)  Telling Americans Obama born in Africa
3)  Telling Americans millions of illegals vote
4)  Telling Americans Mexico would pay for a wall
5)  Telling Americans GOP would introduce better healthcare plan

uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 19,146
Reply with quote  #126 
This one shows it at 80% in favor of border security: http://harvardharrispoll.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Final_HHP_Jan2018-Refield_RegisteredVoters_XTab.pdf

Another poll was posted recently that it has grown to 90%

__________________
"Tonight, we renew our resolve that America will never be a socialist country.   We are born free and we will stay free. "

uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 19,146
Reply with quote  #127 
Why would you shut down a government to block border security, something the American people want at an overwhelming rate?
__________________
"Tonight, we renew our resolve that America will never be a socialist country.   We are born free and we will stay free. "

Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 6,701
Reply with quote  #128 
Only Trump is shutting down the Government. Here’s all you need to answer in order to determine that is the case...


1). Can Pelosi get Democrats to refuse funding for Trump’s wall without a Government shutdown? Yes

2). Can Trump make Democrats vote to support his request to fund a wall without shutting down Government as a ransom ploy? No.






__________________
Worst propaganda over last decade...

1)  Telling Americans Hillary would be locked up
2)  Telling Americans Obama born in Africa
3)  Telling Americans millions of illegals vote
4)  Telling Americans Mexico would pay for a wall
5)  Telling Americans GOP would introduce better healthcare plan

Emerald44

Registered:
Posts: 215
Reply with quote  #129 
Let's try and keep it factual. The votes have been published for everyone to see and they plainly show that Democrats did not defect, therefore a fact. Unless your argument is counting the one that voted for both bills? 70% of America also says that the government shutdown is not worth a wall with 60% blaming Trump for the shutdown. Border security is much different than a wall, I would actually say that 90% for border security is a low number.
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 12,580
Reply with quote  #130 
Quote:
Border security is much different than a wall,


Translation: I'm a Democrat and I hate Trump...........
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 7,768
Reply with quote  #131 
orange man bad seems to be caving. I believe he's no match for Pelosi. He's totally confused when a woman shows strength. The latest comments sound like a man looking for a way out. President Coulter and VP Limbaugh are not going to be very happy. 
__________________
The hard right is certainly passionate and emotional about their causes. But in the end, devoid of factual evidence, they are, as President Obama so wisely and succinctly put it, just saying stuff. 
Emerald44

Registered:
Posts: 215
Reply with quote  #132 
bluedog - just trying to keep facts straight. A poll on border security would yield different results than a poll on a wall. Try comprehending the posts instead of just reading them.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 15,198
Reply with quote  #133 
Three times Republicans tried to pass a bill to just pay the workers and three times Democrats stopped it.  They are definitely better at playing hardball politics - real people be damned.
__________________
Will I Wynn is a poster who used to go by the name of Dewey.  He used to criticize people who did that.

"Once you open your eyes, it's impossible to be a Democrat." - CJ Pearson
Emerald44

Registered:
Posts: 215
Reply with quote  #134 


I am in agreement that 90% plus want border security and am surprised it is actually that low. Can we agree that border security is different than a border wall? And I would hope there is one much more recent.... 
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 12,580
Reply with quote  #135 
Quote:
Can we agree that border security is different than a border wall? 


We can agree you're a socialist-liberal and you hate Trump?
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 6,701
Reply with quote  #136 
Pabar - Do you agree with this tactic? What if it was keep Government shut down until Democrats agree to repeal Obamacare? Are you good with that approach?


__________________
Worst propaganda over last decade...

1)  Telling Americans Hillary would be locked up
2)  Telling Americans Obama born in Africa
3)  Telling Americans millions of illegals vote
4)  Telling Americans Mexico would pay for a wall
5)  Telling Americans GOP would introduce better healthcare plan

Emerald44

Registered:
Posts: 215
Reply with quote  #137 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog


We can agree you're a socialist-liberal and you hate Trump?


You are a master debater bluedog. Your intelligence and knowledge is no match for anyone on this entire site. Your ability to categorize people based off a few sentences and their insistence on factual conversation is mind blowing. Have you considered a career with the circus? Or maybe the psychic hotline?
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 12,580
Reply with quote  #138 
Emerald, - just trying to keep facts straight.
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 12,580
Reply with quote  #139 
I'm not debating, I'm just stating facts, that's all..........
Emerald44

Registered:
Posts: 215
Reply with quote  #140 
bluedog, keep working on that, we are all proud of you for trying.
Emerald44

Registered:
Posts: 215
Reply with quote  #141 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog
I'm not debating, I'm just stating facts, that's all..........


Well then, let's see the facts to support your claim. If you cannot produce any that means it is an OPINION. 
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 12,580
Reply with quote  #142 
Quote:
bluedog - just trying to keep facts straight. A poll on border security would yield different results than a poll on a wall.


Of course it would.........The polls, also, yielded that Hillary would trounce Trump..........

You have sound-reasoning...........
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 12,580
Reply with quote  #143 
You're very smart, Emmyrule...........
Emerald44

Registered:
Posts: 215
Reply with quote  #144 
bluedog - 11,350+ posts. Can any veterans of this board let me know if they have the all been this good? Respond primarily with knowledge, factual statements, or even wit and I will chat with you. Your sophomoric practice of making up such clever nicknames and your opinions are really a non starter. 
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 19,146
Reply with quote  #145 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald44
Can we agree that border security is different than a border wall?

nope.  Border patrol says barrier is important part of securing the border.  We have areas that have major holes.  We have areas that were literally left over sheets of medal from the Vietnam war.  We have areas where city growth has pushed out beyond where the border barriers are constructed. 

There is new technology that can be deployed on the barrier that tells if someone is digging under, or putting ladders on the wall, or climbing the wall. 

Border patrol says this is important.  It only makes sense to give them what they are requesting.  It is common sense measures.   Leave your orange man bad feelings out of it, you will see. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ranchers-near-mexico-weigh-in-border-wall-shutdown-talks

__________________
"Tonight, we renew our resolve that America will never be a socialist country.   We are born free and we will stay free. "

rocklifter

Registered:
Posts: 3,003
Reply with quote  #146 
I got an idea.....


__________________
If you Don't Love the American Flag You Can Kiss My Country A$$!
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 12,580
Reply with quote  #147 
I said..........
Quote:
You're very smart, Emmyrule...........


Emmyrule, this isn't a display of wit?

You're a socialist-liberal and I called you very smart...........It don't get much wittier than that..........
Emerald44

Registered:
Posts: 215
Reply with quote  #148 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist

nope.  Border patrol says barrier is important part of securing the border.  We have areas that have major holes.  We have areas that were literally left over sheets of medal from the Vietnam war.  We have areas where city growth has pushed out beyond where the border barriers are constructed. 

There is new technology that can be deployed on the barrier that tells if someone is digging under, or putting ladders on the wall, or climbing the wall. 

Border patrol says this is important.  It only makes sense to give them what they are requesting.  It is common sense measures.   Leave your orange man bad feelings out of it, you will see. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ranchers-near-mexico-weigh-in-border-wall-shutdown-talks


I don't disagree with any of that. Let me clarify. I was asking in reference to the polls cited. If you ask someone if they believe in border security 90% answer yes. If you ask someone about building a border wall that number drops. So one cannot factually claim that 90% of Americans support a border wall. I believe in a border wall in areas where it makes sense and allows access to water rights. 
Emerald44

Registered:
Posts: 215
Reply with quote  #149 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog
I said..........


Emmyrule, this isn't a display of wit?

You're a socialist-liberal and I called you very smart...........It don't get much wittier than that..........


If you omitted the nickname and your opinions you would be onto something. In context it is probably more sarcastic. Here try this it may help - https://www.merriam-webster.com/
rocklifter

Registered:
Posts: 3,003
Reply with quote  #150 
OK somebody tracked it in here too. Get the wet wipes. Lord what a mess.
__________________
If you Don't Love the American Flag You Can Kiss My Country A$$!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.