Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 21 of 21     «   Prev   18   19   20   21
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,460
Reply with quote  #601 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunninLA
 You know, that reminds me that both UCLA and Arizona have been snake bit (or in UCLA's case who knows) with top of class pitching recruits over the past eight or so years.

Arizona:  Amanda Williams leaves school, Kenzie Fowler career ending injury, Bri Matthews never made it to school.  And without Nancy Evans, the next tier never developed enough to be dominant.

UCLA: Carda never became top 10 pitcher, McDuffee never got over injuries, Grauer ... who knows what happened but she was top three out of Travel.   They've had others who were solid but were never expected to be the true Ace like those three.  Rachel Garcia is the first one to really become a dominant pitcher since... well since 2009 and 2010 at the times when Langenfeld was healthy.


Good points. Very curious how UCLAs 2018 RHP Megan Faraimo will do when she arrives September. 
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 13,937
Reply with quote  #602 
Touche!

If Arizona wins today though, then I can pop the popcorn next weekend put on the baby blue cap and root for a Bruins series win guilt-free!!! 😃
lovsofbal

Registered:
Posts: 1,709
Reply with quote  #603 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunninLA
 You know, that reminds me that both UCLA and Arizona have been snake bit (or in UCLA's case who knows) with top of class pitching recruits over the past eight or so years.

Arizona:  Amanda Williams leaves school, Kenzie Fowler career ending injury, Bri Matthews never made it to school.  And without Nancy Evans, the next tier never developed enough to be dominant.

UCLA: Carda never became top 10 pitcher, McDuffee never got over injuries, Grauer ... who knows what happened but she was top three out of Travel.   They've had others who were solid but were never expected to be the true Ace like those three.  Rachel Garcia is the first one to really become a dominant pitcher since... well since 2009 and 2010 at the times when Langenfeld was healthy.


I don't recall when these pitchers gave their verbal, but could it  be a result of early recruiting?
Scupino

Registered:
Posts: 257
Reply with quote  #604 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Touche!

If Arizona wins today though, then I can pop the popcorn next weekend put on the baby blue cap and root for a Bruins series win guilt-free!!! 😃


If the Cats beat the Ruins, I'll hire
someone to put piss in your beer as you pop the popcorn.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 13,937
Reply with quote  #605 
Guessing by your apparent mental faculties displayed here, you're not getting paid enough to hire anyone to do anything
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,851
Reply with quote  #606 
It is asking too much. Lol.
Scupino

Registered:
Posts: 257
Reply with quote  #607 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1janiedough
It is asking too much. Lol.


You two should be buried in the same grave.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,851
Reply with quote  #608 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunninLA
 You know, that reminds me that both UCLA and Arizona have been snake bit (or in UCLA's case who knows) with top of class pitching recruits over the past eight or so years.

Arizona:  Amanda Williams leaves school, Kenzie Fowler career ending injury, Bri Matthews never made it to school.  And without Nancy Evans, the next tier never developed enough to be dominant.

UCLA: Carda never became top 10 pitcher, McDuffee never got over injuries, Grauer ... who knows what happened but she was top three out of Travel.   They've had others who were solid but were never expected to be the true Ace like those three.  Rachel Garcia is the first one to really become a dominant pitcher since... well since 2009 and 2010 at the times when Langenfeld was healthy.


Many events in succession, however, Az had the tools last year and still nada. The Bruins back 3 years in a row.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 13,937
Reply with quote  #609 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatRx
How about ASU grab one from Oregon? [wink]
Dad gum.... now could be a very good weekend for the Bruins!
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 13,937
Reply with quote  #610 
McQuillin needs a little transplantation of the head-hunter ability that her cohort in Tempe has and a willingness to go inside without any concern

These outside-corner curveballs to righties are death
leip822

Registered:
Posts: 286
Reply with quote  #611 
Rachel Garcia goes yard again off TQ, she should be the NPOW this week. Unstoppable on both sides of the ball against Arizona.
__________________
sl
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 13,937
Reply with quote  #612 
Agreed
AleDawg

Registered:
Posts: 569
Reply with quote  #613 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leip822
Rachel Garcia goes yard again off TQ, she should be the NPOW this week. Unstoppable on both sides of the ball against Arizona.



Garcia is one of those athletes that you know, going in, is impressive and yet continues to impress every time you watch.

Incredible.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 13,937
Reply with quote  #614 
Exactly
leip822

Registered:
Posts: 286
Reply with quote  #615 
One of the most fun players to watch in the NCAA. 
__________________
sl
leip822

Registered:
Posts: 286
Reply with quote  #616 
Also, no Johana in the circle, so Kelly I isn't handing game three to Arizona this year.
__________________
sl
DunninLA

Registered:
Posts: 4,805
Reply with quote  #617 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsofbal


I don't recall when these pitchers gave their verbal, but could it  be a result of early recruiting?
 Carda was the #1 pitcher at age 16 in the country... that's not early.   Mcduffee was Gatorade NPOY but got injured her last year, so that's not an issue of early recruiting.  Grauer was a late commit after ASU's Myers left for Auburn, so that was last minute and at the time the debate was over whether Grauer or Hoover was the best pitcher in Travel that year... so again, not an issue of early recruits who don't pan out.  For me Grauer is the real mystery.  What the heck happened there??????

__________________
qui tacet consentire videtur
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 13,937
Reply with quote  #618 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunninLA
 Carda was the #1 pitcher at age 16 in the country... that's not early.   Mcduffee was Gatorade NPOY but got injured her last year, so that's not an issue of early recruiting.  Grauer was a late commit after ASU's Myers left for Auburn, so that was last minute and at the time the debate was over whether Grauer or Hoover was the best pitcher in Travel that year... so again, not an issue of early recruits who don't pan out.  For me Grauer is the real mystery.  What the heck happened there??????
Manning-Leaf redux
leip822

Registered:
Posts: 286
Reply with quote  #619 
Garcia wins both PAC-12 player and pitcher of the week. 3rd player in Pac history to earn both honors in the same week.
http://uclabruins.com/news/2018/4/16/softball-garcia-named-pac-12-player-pitcher-of-the-week.aspx

__________________
sl
NatRx

Registered:
Posts: 63
Reply with quote  #620 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leip822
Garcia wins both PAC-12 player and pitcher of the week. 3rd player in Pac history to earn both honors in the same week.
http://uclabruins.com/news/2018/4/16/softball-garcia-named-pac-12-player-pitcher-of-the-week.aspx


Well deserved!
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 13,937
Reply with quote  #621 
Indeed
Softballfan12

Registered:
Posts: 64
Reply with quote  #622 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leip822
Garcia wins both PAC-12 player and pitcher of the week. 3rd player in Pac history to earn both honors in the same week. http://uclabruins.com/news/2018/4/16/softball-garcia-named-pac-12-player-pitcher-of-the-week.aspx


garcia is an absolute stud  
Softballjunkie223

Registered:
Posts: 730
Reply with quote  #623 
PAC 12 weekend predictions
Utah vs California ( Utah 2-1)
Arizona vs Arizona state asu sweeps)
Oregon vs Stanford ( Oregon sweeps)
Ucla vs Washington ( ucla 2-1)
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 13,937
Reply with quote  #624 
Wow.... just noticed that Portland State took Oregon State to the bottom of 7 the other day. That could have cooked the Beavers.
supernatural

Registered:
Posts: 212
Reply with quote  #625 
Is it ethical to put UCLA's Selena T. in to pitch (with no mask) when she doesn't seem to be ready to field her position at all after the pitch?
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 13,937
Reply with quote  #626 
Wow.... that was sort of out of left field
supernatural

Registered:
Posts: 212
Reply with quote  #627 
😉 Just finished G3 of UCLA vs Arizona, it's pretty telling if you get hit in the back of the glove hand as the pitcher. And it was no fluke, it looks like she just delivers and then "job done", glove arm completely limp, down at her side with the glove facing backwards. Some MLB pitchers finish in a poor position too, but because of the overhand baseball pitch they are significantly less likely to get hit in the face/head/chest.

It is a post out of Amanda Lorenz, but also serious - if a person I knew/cared about was doing this I'd be in their ear to wear a mask/be more prepared.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 13,937
Reply with quote  #628 
I don't disagree at all.... now I know the context
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.