Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 9 of 27     «   Prev   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   Next   »
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 6,918
Reply with quote  #241 
I know by the book it was a no hitter but when you HBP the batter that scores one of the runs and give up a deep sac fly I don’t feel so bad for you.
__________________
#SCOTUS x two


lovsofbal

Registered:
Posts: 1,906
Reply with quote  #242 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazsdad
I know by the book it was a no hitter but when you HBP the batter that scores one of the runs and give up a deep sac fly I don’t feel so bad for you.


was it the lead off batter that was hit?
daemon

Registered:
Posts: 159
Reply with quote  #243 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsofbal


was it the lead off batter that was hit?


No.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,853
Reply with quote  #244 
Kleist got an out. Then Warren got nicked in a Gainesville Special, and then Sherrill hit a standard-issue inning-ending double-play ball.

She did not walk four people in a row, or whatever is being got at in acknowledging she only threw a no-hitter and not a perfect game
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 6,918
Reply with quote  #245 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsofbal


was it the lead off batter that was hit?

Yes according to the OU recap

__________________
#SCOTUS x two


daemon

Registered:
Posts: 159
Reply with quote  #246 
Florida State - Bottom of 4th
Play DescriptionOREFSU
Harrod, C. fouled out to 1b (1-0 B).10
Warren, J. hit by pitch (1-1 BK).10
Sherrill, S. reached on a fielding error by ss, advanced to second (0-0); Warren, J. advanced to third.10
Gordon, C. reached on a fielder's choice to shortstop, RBI (0-1 K); Sherrill, S. advanced to third; Warren, J. scored, unearned.11
Davis, C. walked (3-1 KBBBB); Gordon, C. advanced to second.11
Bush, D. pinch ran for Davis, C..11
Mason, E. flied out to lf, SF, RBI (2-2 BFBFF); Bush, D. advanced to second; Gordon, C. advanced to third; Sherrill, S. scored, unearned.12
Stutsman, S. struck out swinging (2-2 BKKBK).12
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 1,893
Reply with quote  #247 
<< Kleist got an out. Then Warren got nicked in a Gainesville Special >> (3LT)


That is one spectacular description of a batter from the state of Florida getting a HBP call to go their way.

Sounds like Oregon got hurt by two consecutive errors. One by the HP ump - and then one by their SS.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,853
Reply with quote  #248 
No bad umping. Kid stood her ground and got nicked off the evo.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,853
Reply with quote  #249 

OK... It is Oregon-UCLA week.

Aaliyah Jordan hitting .523... Hello

Looks like they have done a great job keeping the  innings off of Garcia pretty much, but I am shocked that Ta'amilo is 4th in IP

What is Halstead's role nowadays, and is Jelenicki back this weekend?

 

leip822

Registered:
Posts: 466
Reply with quote  #250 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns

OK... It is Oregon-UCLA week.

Aaliyah Jordan hitting .523... Hello

Looks like they have done a great job keeping the  innings off of Garcia pretty much, but I am shocked that Ta'amilo is 4th in IP

What is Halstead's role nowadays, and is Jelenicki back this weekend?

 


Ta’amilo was out for the first week. Halstead seems to be the defensive catcher while Pack is plugged in when more offense of needed.
As for Jelenicki, she hasn’t been traveling with the team so he status is completely unknown.

__________________
sl
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,519
Reply with quote  #251 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leip822

Ta’amilo was out for the first week. Halstead seems to be the defensive catcher while Pack is plugged in when more offense of needed.
As for Jelenicki, she hasn’t been traveling with the team so he status is completely unknown.


She's not even on roster, right?
Softballjunkie223

Registered:
Posts: 1,056
Reply with quote  #252 
She is
CalRoxMySox44

Registered:
Posts: 3,271
Reply with quote  #253 
Between various double digit strikeout performances and a perfect game, Kamalani Dung has greatly exceeded any expectations for Cal in the circle. That perfect 13-0 record won't last long in this deep conference but i'm excited to see her perform in Pac-12 play. 
__________________
14 World Series appearances
3 WCWS title game appearances
1 NCAA Championship http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Golden_Bears_softball
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,853
Reply with quote  #254 
Zoe has been asked to do the heavy lifting so far, but it is such a far cry from D'Arcy welding toe extenders to the trailing cleats
lovsofbal

Registered:
Posts: 1,906
Reply with quote  #255 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalRoxMySox44
Between various double digit strikeout performances and a perfect game, Kamalani Dung has greatly exceeded any expectations for Cal in the circle. That perfect 13-0 record won't last long in this deep conference but i'm excited to see her perform in Pac-12 play. 


no doubt the record is great, but who has Cal beaten?
Kurosawa

Registered:
Posts: 3,148
Reply with quote  #256 
Long Beach State
cjs4585

Registered:
Posts: 668
Reply with quote  #257 
Cal did beat LBS 6-5 where Dung gave up 3ER in 1.2 ip. As a matter of fact, she only has 2.2ip and 4 ER (10.5 era) given against "top" teams (LBS, JMU). 

I saw her against MI last year in the SEA regional. She gave up 7er in 9ip (5.44 era)over their two games. 

So far this year she's following the same trend. She pitches well against inferior competition, and struggles against better. Most of the PAC is "better". She is a great addition to Conley, no doubt, but I don't see her significantly changing Cal's fortunes in the PAC.  
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,853
Reply with quote  #258 
Yes...but better than toe extenders
cjs4585

Registered:
Posts: 668
Reply with quote  #259 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Yes...but better than toe extenders


I thought the toe extenders were awesome. I was waiting for D'Arcy to patent those babies so that if his job as a lawyer goes south he'd have something to fall back on 😉
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,853
Reply with quote  #260 
Lol
trund

Registered:
Posts: 224
Reply with quote  #261 
Cal and UCLA (the big bears and the little bears) each beat LBSU 6-5, so by comparative score science, they are equal teams😉
leip822

Registered:
Posts: 466
Reply with quote  #262 
Anyone wanna throw some opening PAC 12 series predictions around? I have
Oregon 2-1
Washington 2-1
Arizona sweep
Cal 2-1

__________________
sl
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,711
Reply with quote  #263 
Ucla 2-1
UW sweep
AZ 2-1
Cal 2-1
Softball98mom

Registered:
Posts: 281
Reply with quote  #264 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leip822
Anyone wanna throw some opening PAC 12 series predictions around? I have
Oregon 2-1
Washington 2-1
Arizona sweep
Cal 2-1


Oregon (vs UCLA) 1-2
Washington (vs ASU) 2-1
Arizona (vs Utah) 2-1
Cal (vs Oregon State) 2-1
AleDawg

Registered:
Posts: 574
Reply with quote  #265 
Oregon (vs UCLA) 2-1
Washington (vs ASU) 3-0
Arizona (vs Utah) 3-0
Cal (vs Oregon State) 2-1
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,519
Reply with quote  #266 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleDawg
Oregon (vs UCLA) 2-1
Washington (vs ASU) 3-0
Arizona (vs Utah) 3-0
Cal (vs Oregon State) 2-1


I hope Az sweeps but Utah has been a thorn for a while now.
cjs4585

Registered:
Posts: 668
Reply with quote  #267 
Ucla 2 OR 1
WA 3 ASU 0
AZ 3 UT 0
CAL 2 OSU 1
Scupino

Registered:
Posts: 397
Reply with quote  #268 
Washington 39 home runs in 27 gsmes
Arizona 36 in 23 games
Otegon 34 in 27 games
ASU 31 in 23 games
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,853
Reply with quote  #269 
That's cute fluff, but it is the pitching that brings it home
Scupino

Registered:
Posts: 397
Reply with quote  #270 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
That's cute fluff, but it is the pitching that brings it home


Weren't u the bloody a$$hole that was talking big about the amount of home runs the Quackers were hitting.
Pitching like Alvelo and Dung 13-0 each plus McQuillin 14-1.
Who in the f××k has 4 losses?.

.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.