Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 4 of 92      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 13,138
Reply with quote  #91 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
I've said Sen Paul tried to cut a little and was told by the GOP to go away.  This leads me to believe there's very little our Representatives are willing to cut and I would agree, I don't see many areas I'd be willing to cut either.

In the event they do find cuts somewhere, the cost of living application to SS benefits, Medicare payments, government payroll, welfare services, department budgets, etc., as well as the added expense of a larger population, will more than offset any cuts made and the $4T 2017 spending budget will be higher in 2018.  It's unfair to the American people to try and make them believe a Government can spend less in a subsequent year.  Inflation and population growth make that nearly impossible.  Yet the Right continues to make this highly improbable case to hopefully soften the negative effects the recent tax cut will have on our budget deficit.  In other words, make them believe we can keep more of our tax money because we can successfully reduce 2018 spending from 2017 spending.  It's another snake oil sale attempt.


Another lie from Dewey.  You literally said there is nothing left to cut.  You didn't reference anyone in that post.  Why do you Democrats lie so much?

__________________
Will I Wynn is a poster who used to go by the name of Dewey.  He used to criticize people who did that.

"Once you open your eyes, it's impossible to be a Democrat." - CJ Pearson
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 2,893
Reply with quote  #92 
Nothing left to cut (if that's exactly what I said) is my generalization that we are basically down to the bone based on programs Americans want to keep.  Our budget solutions cannot be solved with cuts.  Of course anything can be cut but it would cause harm to the program.  Btw, I gave an example saying "cut to the bone".  Where did I say "nothing to cut" so I can gather the context?
__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.  Also, claims I moderate this discussion forum are untrue.


     "In these times, I believe that social media has become evil."
Not sure we must blanket all social media but when anonymous adults attack other anonymous adults on the internet, one has to wonder what chance our kids have.

 Trump should be honest with the American people.


pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 13,138
Reply with quote  #93 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
Nothing left to cut (if that's exactly what I said) is my generalization that we are basically down to the bone based on programs Americans want to keep.  Our budget solutions cannot be solved with cuts.  Of course anything can be cut but it would cause harm to the program.  Btw, I gave an example saying "cut to the bone".  Where did I say "nothing to cut" so I can gather the context?


I'm not going to search the fvcking thread to find your own quote.  You probably already changed it anyway.

As for the assertion that the budget can't be solved with cuts, that is why Democrats like to spend.

__________________
Will I Wynn is a poster who used to go by the name of Dewey.  He used to criticize people who did that.

"Once you open your eyes, it's impossible to be a Democrat." - CJ Pearson
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 2,893
Reply with quote  #94 
"The Right will say expenses can be cut more but, while I suppose there is some truth to that, history shows spending has increased a small percent each and every year for decades and to tell Americans we can go from increase to decrease in spending, despite inflation and growing population, is mostly a false promise to get backing for more tax cuts"

Here I admitted there may be some cuts to be made.  You must have read a post from someone else or someone misquoting a post.  I'm not sure why anyone would say no cuts can be made.  All that would take is legislation.

__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.  Also, claims I moderate this discussion forum are untrue.


     "In these times, I believe that social media has become evil."
Not sure we must blanket all social media but when anonymous adults attack other anonymous adults on the internet, one has to wonder what chance our kids have.

 Trump should be honest with the American people.


bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 10,900
Reply with quote  #95 
Pabar, Dewey pulls your strings enough to make you use foul-language on here? 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 13,138
Reply with quote  #96 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog
Pabar, Dewey pulls your strings enough to make you use foul-language on here? 


I use foul language far more than I should.  One of the many ways I am fallen.

__________________
Will I Wynn is a poster who used to go by the name of Dewey.  He used to criticize people who did that.

"Once you open your eyes, it's impossible to be a Democrat." - CJ Pearson
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,864
Reply with quote  #97 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
I can almost guarantee you, despite a GOP controlled Government, our $4T spending in 2017 will go up a bit in 2018, 2019, 2020, and each and every year after that.  It's clear to me we'll continue to borrow and borrow from future generations as this society, currently with a GOP controlled Government, has no intention to pay the necessary taxes to fund the spending we've elected our representatives to put into place.

They should cut spending, avoid the debt pile up obama gave us.  1% across the board until we are balanced.  If you started asking for that, we would get somewhere, guaranteed.  Since you won't it is the chillens that get hit.

__________________
Just say no to dullards    
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,864
Reply with quote  #98 
So the good news is quite a bit of indication that the Tax Cut bill will trigger automatic cuts, including cuts in medicare.  
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/tax-bill-2017/card/1510696375
According to Politico those cuts could be historic.

Many are describing the Tax Cuts as the spoon full of sugar to set up to help the medicine, the spending cuts, go down.

Heritage did some great work that showed spending cuts are often key to healthy fiscal policy, one that reduces debt in the government, and allows the economy to grow at a much faster pace. 

http://www.heritage.org/budget-and-spending/report/research-review-spending-cuts-are-better-tax-increases

__________________
Just say no to dullards    
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 6,285
Reply with quote  #99 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
I can almost guarantee you.


Your track record on dewey 'guarantees' during the 2016 election was awful. Now you are Will. Same loser, new name, same wrong information.

__________________

"Let's work together and put all this behind you."

EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 6,285
Reply with quote  #100 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist

They should cut spending, avoid the debt pile up obama gave us.  1% across the board until we are balanced.  If you started asking for that, we would get somewhere, guaranteed.  Since you won't it is the chillens that get hit.



dewey's new-found concern for the chillens is curious.

__________________

"Let's work together and put all this behind you."

Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 2,893
Reply with quote  #101 
"So the good news is quite a bit of indication that the Tax Cut bill will trigger automatic cuts, including cuts in medicare." 


I don't think so.

"McCarthy said lawmakers shortly after the new year will prevent any Medicare cuts from going into effect."

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/20/medicare-cuts-set-off-by-tax-plan-wont-happen-house-majority-leader.html

__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.  Also, claims I moderate this discussion forum are untrue.


     "In these times, I believe that social media has become evil."
Not sure we must blanket all social media but when anonymous adults attack other anonymous adults on the internet, one has to wonder what chance our kids have.

 Trump should be honest with the American people.


uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,864
Reply with quote  #102 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
"So the good news is quite a bit of indication that the Tax Cut bill will trigger automatic cuts, including cuts in medicare." 


I don't think so.

"McCarthy said lawmakers shortly after the new year will prevent any Medicare cuts from going into effect."

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/20/medicare-cuts-set-off-by-tax-plan-wont-happen-house-majority-leader.html

Any attempts to thwart the automatic cuts will have to go the long way, and get 60 in the Senate.   Good luck with that.

__________________
Just say no to dullards    
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 2,893
Reply with quote  #103 
The initial Trump budget added $119 billion to spending in FY2018 and it appears it will be higher than that.  We'll keep adding 3% or so to spending as we add more population and experience more inflation, and every few years the GOP, along with wealthy donors, will demand more tax cuts.  Deficits will go on and on and we'll borrow more each and every year.  One of these days Americans will rise up and object and form some kind of protest Party (call it the Tea Party or something) objecting to the added debt.  Not sure if it will change anything but Americans must wake up soon and note how wealthy people keep getting more tax relief at the expense of the future.
__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.  Also, claims I moderate this discussion forum are untrue.


     "In these times, I believe that social media has become evil."
Not sure we must blanket all social media but when anonymous adults attack other anonymous adults on the internet, one has to wonder what chance our kids have.

 Trump should be honest with the American people.


uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,864
Reply with quote  #104 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
The initial Trump budget added $119 billion to spending in FY2018 and it appears it will be higher than that.  We'll keep adding 3% or so to spending as we add more population and experience more inflation, and every few years the GOP, along with wealthy donors, will demand more tax cuts.  Deficits will go on and on and we'll borrow more each and every year.  One of these days Americans will rise up and object and form some kind of protest Party (call it the Tea Party or something) objecting to the added debt.  Not sure if it will change anything but Americans must wake up soon and note how wealthy people keep getting more tax relief at the expense of the future.

Hopefully one day everyone will wake up and ask for spending cuts to the save the chillens.  

__________________
Just say no to dullards    
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,864
Reply with quote  #105 
I really think this spending cuts thing could happen.  I think even dewey through this red pilling going on here, is coming around on the value of not burdening our chillens with our over wrought spending.
__________________
Just say no to dullards    
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 29,172
Reply with quote  #106 
If he cares enough for the children, he'll back the spending cuts, what it all boils down to.  The tax cuts are happening.  All his numbers amount to absolutely nothing.  What a conundrum.  Back the spending cuts dewy, for the chillens
__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 2,893
Reply with quote  #107 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
The initial Trump budget added $119 billion to spending in FY2018 and it appears it will be higher than that.  We'll keep adding 3% or so to spending as we add more population and experience more inflation, and every few years the GOP, along with wealthy donors, will demand more tax cuts.  Deficits will go on and on and we'll borrow more each and every year.  One of these days Americans will rise up and object and form some kind of protest Party (call it the Tea Party or something) objecting to the added debt.  Not sure if it will change anything but Americans must wake up soon and note how wealthy people keep getting more tax relief at the expense of the future.


As usual, open minded people must wade through a lot to reach the other side of the story.  The story remains the same as spending will increase each and every year.  It's a normal process of inflation and population growth.  The Right will try to sell the case that someday it won't go up and the GOP rich donors will continue to demand tax relief, which further restricts the ability to pay for Government spending and adds to debt your kids will pay for.  Watch the numbers as the years go by and judge for yourself.

__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.  Also, claims I moderate this discussion forum are untrue.


     "In these times, I believe that social media has become evil."
Not sure we must blanket all social media but when anonymous adults attack other anonymous adults on the internet, one has to wonder what chance our kids have.

 Trump should be honest with the American people.


uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,864
Reply with quote  #108 
Yes, spending tends to go up every year.  I share your concern with that horrible news and it's impact on our chillens. 

I am willing to work with you to get the necessary reductions in spending, and make this go in the right direction.  

What is your plan?  Write the LA Times, Bill Orielly, or the USA Today?  Can we use your newbile reporter crew to take on this mission?  Are the up to it?  Are they even still around over there in la mirida, or did they have to move on?  Just answer some of my questions so we can get going on this, ok?

__________________
Just say no to dullards    
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 2,893
Reply with quote  #109 
We just gave Corporations a huge tax cut and I expect corporate profits to skyrocket.  While I have stated a Corporate tax cut could possibly pay for itself over time (as opposed to cuts to wealthy individuals) there's no doubt investors will head to where the big profits can be found which means there should be no surprise the stock market is making big moves.  I hope average Americans have money to invest too.
__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.  Also, claims I moderate this discussion forum are untrue.


     "In these times, I believe that social media has become evil."
Not sure we must blanket all social media but when anonymous adults attack other anonymous adults on the internet, one has to wonder what chance our kids have.

 Trump should be honest with the American people.


keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 29,172
Reply with quote  #110 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist
Yes, spending tends to go up every year.  I share your concern with that horrible news and it's impact on our chillens. 

I am willing to work with you to get the necessary reductions in spending, and make this go in the right direction.  

What is your plan?  Write the LA Times, Bill Orielly, or the USA Today?  Can we use your newbile reporter crew to take on this mission?  Are the up to it?  Are they even still around over there in la mirida, or did they have to move on?  Just answer some of my questions so we can get going on this, ok?

__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 13,138
Reply with quote  #111 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
We just gave Corporations a huge tax cut and I expect corporate profits to skyrocket.  While I have stated a Corporate tax cut could possibly pay for itself over time (as opposed to cuts to wealthy individuals) there's no doubt investors will head to where the big profits can be found which means there should be no surprise the stock market is making big moves.  I hope average Americans have money to invest too.


Except for all the companies who have already announced bonuses, salary increases, minimum wage increases and other investments that the tax cuts allow them to do.

Also, utilities are now indicating that they will cut rates because of the tax cuts.

I know you want these tax cuts to fail but you are in a very, very small misguided community with that opinion.

__________________
Will I Wynn is a poster who used to go by the name of Dewey.  He used to criticize people who did that.

"Once you open your eyes, it's impossible to be a Democrat." - CJ Pearson
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 2,893
Reply with quote  #112 
Of course companies will share their windfall with their employees.  Otherwise they can expect a revolt.  My post was to point out the obvious as it relates to the stock market surge so far this year.  Investors run to where the big profits are going to be and that will be Company profits.  Simple investment decision and the influx of money will drive the market up.

Btw, I have taken no position on Corporate tax cuts as I am open to the fact the lost tax revenue in Corporate America might be largely recovered in an expanding economy.  Doubtful, but maybe.  At the same time, these corporate tax cuts should have been offset with other taxes on individuals if CBO showed a long term debt increase.  As for the rest of the bill, I am strongly against tax cuts for individual wealthy families, including the lowering of top rates, and see no reason to add to the deficit to help rich families who are doing quite well.  When we have a surplus, then we can take care of the wealthy.  This part of the bill was enough to lose my support.

__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.  Also, claims I moderate this discussion forum are untrue.


     "In these times, I believe that social media has become evil."
Not sure we must blanket all social media but when anonymous adults attack other anonymous adults on the internet, one has to wonder what chance our kids have.

 Trump should be honest with the American people.


keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 29,172
Reply with quote  #113 
Owwwwwww.....must be positive when your opponents balk so much.
__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 13,138
Reply with quote  #114 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
Of course companies will share their windfall with their employees.  Otherwise they can expect a revolt.  My post was to point out the obvious as it relates to the stock market surge so far this year.  Investors run to where the big profits are going to be and that will be Company profits.  Simple investment decision and the influx of money will drive the market up.

Btw, I have taken no position on Corporate tax cuts as I am open to the fact the lost tax revenue in Corporate America might be largely recovered in an expanding economy.  Doubtful, but maybe.  At the same time, these corporate tax cuts should have been offset with other taxes on individuals if CBO showed a long term debt increase.  As for the rest of the bill, I am strongly against tax cuts for individual wealthy families, including the lowering of top rates, and see no reason to add to the deficit to help rich families who are doing quite well.  When we have a surplus, then we can take care of the wealthy.  This part of the bill was enough to lose my support.


The vast majority of the stock market surge occurred before the tax cuts were implemented.  The market reacted to Trump undoing hundreds of Obama's ridiculous regulations and a general mood that the economy is finally unshackled from Obama's attempts to socialize this country.

It is yet to be seen whether the tax cuts will result in lower tax revenues.  It may but it may not.  

With regard to rich families, again, they are mostly the owners of small businesses that do the majority of hiring in this country.  As well, they already pay a disproportionate share of the taxes in this country.

If you have truly suddenly found this new religion of being concerned about the debt (I doubt you have, it's just a way to bash a Republican), then the only way to do it over the long term is to cut spending on entitlements.  You just can't get there by continuing to increase taxes in order to pay for more and more government programs.  It's amazing to me that you leftists don't understand basic math.

__________________
Will I Wynn is a poster who used to go by the name of Dewey.  He used to criticize people who did that.

"Once you open your eyes, it's impossible to be a Democrat." - CJ Pearson
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 2,893
Reply with quote  #115 
A rising deficit reaches $666 Billion and we say "Let's try reducing Government revenue and see how that works".  Basic math?  That's been my thinking.  What the heck are we doing?  We cut taxes in the Bush years and a revenue of $2T in 2000 became $2.1T eight years later.  We've been treading water ever since. 

As for the stock market, through eleven months Trump's market didn't match Obama's market when it came to percentage.  That's not to say it isn't on a roll, it is.  But there's been a dramatic surge since the tax bill passed and it should be no surprise as to why.  Thought I'd comment on it.



__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.  Also, claims I moderate this discussion forum are untrue.


     "In these times, I believe that social media has become evil."
Not sure we must blanket all social media but when anonymous adults attack other anonymous adults on the internet, one has to wonder what chance our kids have.

 Trump should be honest with the American people.


keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 29,172
Reply with quote  #116 
When your opponent complains incessantly, that's how you know you're standing on solid ground
__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 13,138
Reply with quote  #117 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
A rising deficit reaches $666 Billion and we say "Let's try reducing Government revenue and see how that works".  Basic math?  That's been my thinking.  What the heck are we doing?  We cut taxes in the Bush years and a revenue of $2T in 2000 became $2.1T eight years later.  We've been treading water ever since. 

As for the stock market, through eleven months Trump's market didn't match Obama's market when it came to percentage.  That's not to say it isn't on a roll, it is.  But there's been a dramatic surge since the tax bill passed and it should be no surprise as to why.  Thought I'd comment on it.




This is disingenuous to suggest that tax revenues suffered because of tax cuts.  The economy tanked and there was less income across the board to tax.  That's called basic math and basic economics.

__________________
Will I Wynn is a poster who used to go by the name of Dewey.  He used to criticize people who did that.

"Once you open your eyes, it's impossible to be a Democrat." - CJ Pearson
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,864
Reply with quote  #118 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61


The vast majority of the stock market surge occurred before the tax cuts were implemented.  The market reacted to Trump undoing hundreds of Obama's ridiculous regulations and a general mood that the economy is finally unshackled from Obama's attempts to socialize this country.

It is yet to be seen whether the tax cuts will result in lower tax revenues.  It may but it may not.  

With regard to rich families, again, they are mostly the owners of small businesses that do the majority of hiring in this country.  As well, they already pay a disproportionate share of the taxes in this country.

If you have truly suddenly found this new religion of being concerned about the debt (I doubt you have, it's just a way to bash a Republican), then the only way to do it over the long term is to cut spending on entitlements.  You just can't get there by continuing to increase taxes in order to pay for more and more government programs.  It's amazing to me that you leftists don't understand basic math.

You do not get to decide who gets credit for this booming economy.  The American people do.  Right now they credit Trump.  Things stay like this, Trump has little to worry about.

__________________
Just say no to dullards    
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,909
Reply with quote  #119 
Will, think I'm going to leave it with you. These dark web conservatives have outlived their usefullness to me. In the beginning, I was hearing things that were new to me, but they've become repetitive and are disinterested in the truth. Like their fearless leader, trump, they refuse to admit when they are on the wrong track or just plain clueless. All the good is a result of a republican president or congress and all the bad from their democratic counterparts. The constant need to demean the opposing individual and cut and paste conservative dogma is bringing nothing new to the table. I'll continue to check in now and then, but I'll be better served finding another source of conservative opinion. I can watch Fox and get the same stuff. The conversation has turned even more mean spirited than in the past. They sing to their own choir. 

Unfortunately, the quest for truth ain't in 'em.
This is not aimed at Mikec, Bill Smith or Bluedog. I believe they are sincere.

__________________
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 29,172
Reply with quote  #120 
Repetitive?  Come back when Mueller is done, oh wait.......
__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.