Ultimate College Softball
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 16      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 4,360
Reply with quote  #61 
Quote:


She caved. Nothing is that bad. Buncha self-serving players just like their former coach.
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 1,767
Reply with quote  #62 
Was wondering why certain posts regularly get deleted.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,837
Reply with quote  #63 
LOL....all of mine with the asterisks are still up.

Maybe I am missing it, but it doesn't feel like the board prefect has been doing the rounds recently
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 1,767
Reply with quote  #64 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
LOL....all of mine with the asterisks are still up.

Maybe I am missing it, but it doesn't feel like the board prefect has been doing the rounds recently


Perhaps the prefect was here, but forgot to leave his calling card:

"Always love a little bit of author omniscience."
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,837
Reply with quote  #65 

LOL.... must refresh your screen every five seconds. If you get Carpal Tunnel, let me know and I will head up a fundraiser.

I thought you were talking about something substantive

Anyway, yeah, some posts seem more worthwhile as you type them than after.

But, nice work, Columbo.

To confirm, though: always love a little bit of author omniscience

Southie

Registered:
Posts: 744
Reply with quote  #66 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1janiedough


She caved. Nothing is that bad. Buncha self-serving players just like their former coach.

LOL. 

[crazy]

The only thing better right now would be if Janie were on the coaching staff with Lombardi and having to explain all the defections to the parents of prospective recruits.
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 1,767
Reply with quote  #67 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns

LOL.... must refresh your screen every five seconds. If you get Carpal Tunnel, let me know and I will head up a fundraiser.

I thought you were talking about something substantive

Anyway, yeah, some posts seem more worthwhile as you type them than after.

But, nice work, Columbo.

To confirm, though: always love a little bit of author omniscience



It happens, no doubt.

I find it works out better, however, if I delete mine before I hit "send."

Question: Which is preferred: omniscience or omnipotence?
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,837
Reply with quote  #68 
Well, one is an oft-used term, the other not so much
Oatmealsmoke

Registered:
Posts: 101
Reply with quote  #69 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe


It happens, no doubt.

I find it works out better, however, if I delete mine before I hit "send."

Question: Which is preferred: omniscience or omnipotence?


I’d taken either ahead of incontinence or impotence.
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 1,767
Reply with quote  #70 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Well, one is an oft-used term, the other not so much


Have different meanings. Of course, it makes little difference to those of us cursed with both. [wink]
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 1,767
Reply with quote  #71 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatmealsmoke


I’d taken either ahead of incontinence or impotence.


Good point.
SJ28

Registered:
Posts: 296
Reply with quote  #72 
Quote:


If this does occur, it's cool as long as Maggie goes to Penn State.


Only 156 miles from West Grove to State College.
Spazmom1

Registered:
Posts: 173
Reply with quote  #73 
She's sitting out the 2019 season and will head to Texas in 2020. Her Facebook post points to that direction.
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 1,767
Reply with quote  #74 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmom1
She's sitting out the 2019 season and will head to Texas in 2020. Her Facebook post points to that direction.


Of course she will.
Southie

Registered:
Posts: 744
Reply with quote  #75 
Tweet from Ryan Thorburn:

I can confirm reports that Maggie Balint plans to transfer out of the program. She has already submitted the paperwork (portal request), per a source. That's now seven players that have left during the coaching transition, including all three pitchers from 2018.
Southie

Registered:
Posts: 744
Reply with quote  #76 
https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/01/oregon-softball-pitcher-maggie-balint-expected-to-transfer-source-confirms.html
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 2,232
Reply with quote  #77 
OR most likely #1 to start the 2019 Season statline from 2018:

98IP
6-10
8 CG on 25 app.
3.07 ERA
.209 BAA
116K
51W
27 WP
30 confirmed kills/6X Ace (hit batters)

Dail will be a much better pitcher under Lombardi but, not sure her stats will reflect as much with that schedule. 
TruDat

Registered:
Posts: 1,536
Reply with quote  #78 
Maggie Balint transferring completes this saga. There is no way Melyssa Lombardi played this head coaching gig right. Balint would be the leader of the staff and she should have been convinced that she would get her chance to be top dog and a national spotlight pitcher. To let her get away is devastating. Lombardi tasted the easy life for all of these years. On your own, it's a very different proposition. I don't care how good Mike White was, a good coach from a successful program should have been able, with the exception of one or two players, to motivate this group to sign on for great things. It had to be botched in the biggest way. Unforgiveable.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,837
Reply with quote  #79 

Interesting.... some tweet was reacted to by the Oregon story writer, and then deleated

https://twitter.com/austinmeekRG/status/1087415538110722048

scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 1,767
Reply with quote  #80 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruDat
Maggie Balint transferring completes this saga. There is no way Melyssa Lombardi played this head coaching gig right. Balint would be the leader of the staff and she should have been convinced that she would get her chance to be top dog and a national spotlight pitcher. To let her get away is devastating. Lombardi tasted the easy life for all of these years. On your own, it's a very different proposition. I don't care how good Mike White was, a good coach from a successful program should have been able, with the exception of one or two players, to motivate this group to sign on for great things. It had to be botched in the biggest way. Unforgiveable.


Gawdalmighty, now that's a perspective we haven't heard before.

Oh, wait…
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 4,360
Reply with quote  #81 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southie

LOL. 

[crazy]

The only thing better right now would be if Janie were on the coaching staff with Lombardi and having to explain all the defections to the parents of prospective recruits.


Lol...good one! Too bad you have no gut instinct, you puffed up lil Napoleon.😘
Southie

Registered:
Posts: 744
Reply with quote  #82 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1janiedough


Lol...good one! Too bad you have no gut instinct, you puffed up lil Napoleon.😘

Too bad you are so bitter that you have to insult players and coaches to make yourself feel better; that's all you do on this board.  Rarely do you have anything positive to post.

Hope you're having a great new year so far.  I know I am!  [wave]
upontop

Registered:
Posts: 252
Reply with quote  #83 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southie

Too bad you are so bitter that you have to insult players and coaches to make yourself feel better; that's all you do on this board.  Rarely do you have anything positive to post.

Hope you're having a great new year so far.  I know I am!  [wave]


Southie just remember 2nd place is still 1st loser.
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,533
Reply with quote  #84 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns

Interesting.... some tweet was reacted to by the Oregon story writer, and then deleated

https://twitter.com/austinmeekRG/status/1087415538110722048



It was a picture of MLK with a football glove on and one of his quotes being used as a recruiting tool.

No, I am not kidding.

Edit: I sent you the screenshot via twitter.
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 1,767
Reply with quote  #85 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGASBFan


It was a picture of MLK with a football glove on and one of his quotes being used as a recruiting tool.

No, I am not kidding.


Yep, saw that on a news site.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,837
Reply with quote  #86 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGASBFan


It was a picture of MLK with a football glove on and one of his quotes being used as a recruiting tool.

No, I am not kidding.

Edit: I sent you the screenshot via twitter.
Doing the Tomahawk Chop... jeez, Louise

Thx
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 9,162
Reply with quote  #87 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe


Gawdalmighty, now that's a perspective we haven't heard before.

Oh, wait…

First aalwayswrong and now Turdat. I guess they got tired of humping each others leg on the MD thread so they are branching out. Too bad its just the same crap they posted over there with a school name change. All we need is Twerpalum to make an appearance to tell us she doesn't post anymore while she is posting.

__________________
RIP Mark Campbell
Truly one of the best there was
Victory USA. OC BatBusters. Pacifica HS
SJ28

Registered:
Posts: 296
Reply with quote  #88 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruDat
Maggie Balint transferring completes this saga. There is no way Melyssa Lombardi played this head coaching gig right. Balint would be the leader of the staff and she should have been convinced that she would get her chance to be top dog and a national spotlight pitcher. To let her get away is devastating. Lombardi tasted the easy life for all of these years. On your own, it's a very different proposition. I don't care how good Mike White was, a good coach from a successful program should have been able, with the exception of one or two players, to motivate this group to sign on for great things. It had to be botched in the biggest way. Unforgiveable.

This completes White's revenge.
Kurosawa

Registered:
Posts: 3,397
Reply with quote  #89 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1janiedough


She caved. Nothing is that bad. Buncha self-serving players just like their former coach.


Quote:
An explosive report from DuckSports.com was published on Friday, detailing various parts of the offseason’s happenings in Eugene and the school administration’s handling of negotiations with White that led to his ultimate departure. According to JWOS sources, pieces of the report contained previously-unknown information that strongly factored into Balint’s decision-making.
 
Balint is expected to be entered into the NCAA’s transfer portal, but with less than three weeks to go until the start of the regular season, it is possible that she could elect to simply sit out the 2019 season, transfer this summer, and retain two years of eligibility.


I suspect it was the shoddy way the Oregon Athletics Department treated White, making only a token effort to retain him, with Mullins, the AD, refusing to even talk with him, that figured into this latest defection. White claimed that Lisa Peterson, the Deputy AD, "laughed at" him when White said he "believed his market value to be around $400,000," which is only $75,000 more than Oregon ended up paying Lombardi. Was it worth it?

The other aspect of this is that White believes that Mullins, after turning down his request, "told Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte that White was using Texas as leverage to renegotiate his deal with Oregon, which White saw as an attempt to undermine his chances of being hired by the Longhorns." Now we know why it took them so long to replace Howe Field - they just didn't really give a cr*p.

So, I doubt that Lombardi, despite her abysmally poor job of selling herself, had much of anything to do with this.

SJ28

Registered:
Posts: 296
Reply with quote  #90 
Hanson was caught in a storm at Stanford.
Now it's Lombardi turn.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.