Ultimate College Softball
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 14      1   2   3   4   Next   »
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 2,919
Reply with quote  #1 
Oregon off to a great start!
Two wins on their first day of the season.
14-5 over Kansas.
12-5 over CSUN.

Missy Lombardi with a perfect record...


so far.
BStandby

Registered:
Posts: 151
Reply with quote  #2 
Excellent job. Congrats all around


__________________
Bob...
OklahomaFan

Registered:
Posts: 664
Reply with quote  #3 
I don’t expect that to last
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 5,059
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OklahomaFan
I don’t expect that to last



Coach Candrea said during Az presser that he fully expects Lombardi to get Oregon where they want to be because she is too good of a coach not to.
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 2,490
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1janiedough



Coach Candrea said during Az presser that he fully expects Lombardi to get Oregon where they want to be because she is too good of a coach not to.


I reserve judgement until we hear from aawrong and falsedat.
Phantomz27

Registered:
Posts: 506
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe


I reserve judgement until we hear from aawrong and falsedat.
You mean RELAX!
SJ28

Registered:
Posts: 296
Reply with quote  #7 
The Duckies play Missouri today who pushed Cielo Meza around.
Gators2014

Registered:
Posts: 4,596
Reply with quote  #8 
I don't consider giving up 10 runs to Kansas and CSUN a great start but a wins a win. I like Lombardi and the Oregon program so I'm interested to see them be scrappy and watch them get some Ws despite all the offseason turmoil.
SJ28

Registered:
Posts: 296
Reply with quote  #9 
Oregon-2 Mizz-0. 4th inning
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 2,919
Reply with quote  #10 
Oregon beats Missouri 6-1.

They are still perfect at 3-0.

Could they go undefeated in 2019.....
Gators2014

Registered:
Posts: 4,596
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryLouisAaron
Oregon beats Missouri 6-1.

They are still perfect at 3-0.

Could they go undefeated in 2019.....


[crazy][rofl][rofl]
Spazmom1

Registered:
Posts: 173
Reply with quote  #12 
Yes they will be perfect this season, win the national championship and a movie director will make a box office movie about this team. So should Melyssa play her self in the movie or should they cast an actress?
aarong3000

Registered:
Posts: 994
Reply with quote  #13 
Hahaha, it’s a long season!
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 10,646
Reply with quote  #14 
OR winning so far must be killing you.
__________________
Epstein didn’t kill Himself
aarong3000

Registered:
Posts: 994
Reply with quote  #15 
Damn stalker, WTF. Do you get excited or something whenever I post on here dude, hahaha!
MojoJojo93

Registered:
Posts: 69
Reply with quote  #16 
Interested to see how the lineup adjust as Sievers returns. 
Also really impressed by Dail. The big question will be her endurance. 
Emmadream

Registered:
Posts: 48
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo93
Interested to see how the lineup adjust as Sievers returns. 
Also really impressed by Dail. The big question will be her endurance. 


Is Sievers injured? I was wondering why she was not in the line up...seems like she would be a shoo-in
Emmadream

Registered:
Posts: 48
Reply with quote  #18 
This team is really hitting the ball. I know they will face MUCH tougher competition down the road but their offense is looking good so far. Rachel Cid just hit her third HR in as many games, as a freshman.
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 2,919
Reply with quote  #19 
Oregon continues their perfect season by run ruling Bradley 13-3 in five innings.

The Ducks jump off to a 4-0 record...
and fans are already forgetting who the coach was before Lombardi.

Fans were heard saying... " I think it was a male coach... but I can't remember his name".


; )
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 2,490
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryLouisAaron
Oregon continues their perfect season by run ruling Bradley 13-3 in five innings.

The Ducks jump off to a 4-0 record...
and fans are already forgetting who the coach was before Lombardi.

Fans were heard saying... " I think it was a male coach... but I can't remember his name".


; )


Southie remembers.
Webfoot

Registered:
Posts: 184
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryLouisAaron
Oregon continues their perfect season by run ruling Bradley 13-3 in five innings.

The Ducks jump off to a 4-0 record...
and fans are already forgetting who the coach was before Lombardi.

Fans were heard saying... " I think it was a male coach... but I can't remember his name".


; )



For being almost automatic P-12 cellar dwellers they are putting up better numbers so far than Utah or Oregon State.
MojoJojo93

Registered:
Posts: 69
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmadream


Is Sievers injured? I was wondering why she was not in the line up...seems like she would be a shoo-in


According to Pac 12 announcers, "she's not completely 100%". Probably an injury. She's with the team and has been active on social media so it's not another transfer. I initially panicked when I didn't see her.
Nedpics

Registered:
Posts: 457
Reply with quote  #23 
ML is known as a pitching coach, but this Oregon team is hitting a ton. They are fun to watch, and it seems that hitting is contagious. Prognosticators will be scrambling to explain how they missed the mark. They may say Oregon's competition was not up to par, but I think ML's coaching is going to make the true difference. And as before, I am a Husky fan, so go Dawgs.

Oregon has come back twice from a 2 run and 3 run deficit and now lead 8-5 in the 6th.
Webfoot

Registered:
Posts: 184
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo93


According to Pac 12 announcers, "she's not completely 100%". Probably an injury. She's with the team and has been active on social media so it's not another transfer. I initially panicked when I didn't see her.


She passed concussion tests
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 2,490
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedpics
ML is known as a pitching coach, but this Oregon team is hitting a ton. They are fun to watch, and it seems that hitting is contagious. Prognosticators will be scrambling to explain how they missed the mark. They may say Oregon's competition was not up to par, but I think ML's coaching is going to make the true difference. And as before, I am a Husky fan, so go Dawgs.

Oregon has come back twice from a 2 run and 3 run deficit and now lead 8-5 in the 6th.


Good post. I'll add that no P5 teams' competition was up to par this weekend.
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 2,919
Reply with quote  #26 
The Oregon perfect season is still intact - as they came back to win 8-6 against Seattle.
So they went undefeated over their first weekend and stand proudly at 5-0.

Oregon shortstop, Jasmine Sievers, went 3 for 3 with 2 runs scored and 3 RBI in her college softball debut.
In her first college at bat - she led off the third inning with a single up the middle - and scored that inning.
In her second at bat - with runners at 1st & 2nd  - she singled up the middle to drive in her first college career RBI.
In her third at bat - with a runner on 2nd - she smacked the ball over the fence for her first college HR. 
That 2 run HR gave Oregon an 8-5 lead.  They held on to win 8-6.

For those wondering where she is...  now you know.
She finally got her first opportunity to play today... and, boy - did she make the most of it.

Emmadream

Registered:
Posts: 48
Reply with quote  #27 
The big surprise for me with Oregon was just how much offensive production they got. Granted, it was not the toughest competition but they still put up some big numbers. The big question mark will be how the pitching stands up over the rest of the season. Dail got the job done but McGrandle seemed to struggle a bit. I suspect they will need more out of her this season, both in terms of innings pitched and ERA. Rooting for them.

Sievers sure was impressive in her debut. Gonna be fun to watch this team this year, even if they don’t stay undefeated all season...
SJ28

Registered:
Posts: 296
Reply with quote  #28 
Ducks rookie debuts

Rachel Cid 17AB. 8R 8H 3HR 10RBI 5BB 471BA
Hannah Galey 14AB 8R 6H 3HR 9RBI 5BB 429BA
Jasmine Sievers 3AB 2R 3H 1HR 3RBI 1000BA
FFisher101

Registered:
Posts: 33
Reply with quote  #29 
MacGrandle didn't struggle a little - she struggled a lot. She is the biggest project coming out of the weekend as far as contributing to reasonable success by the Ducks moving forward. All in all, though, a fun and encouraging start for the Ducks. Sighs of relief were audible in Eugene.
UT6

Registered:
Posts: 240
Reply with quote  #30 
We'll quickly see how the pitching (and hitting) looks against good competition - Friday they have LSU and JMU, and then Kentucky on Saturday
__________________
Swing hard in case you hit it
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.