Ultimate College Softball
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 7      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
ChinMusic

Registered:
Posts: 726
Reply with quote  #61 

"SS: Arnold does a very solid job on defense and I think her offense will pick up this year. But Sanders wins this position by a very big margin."

I don't know about Arnold vs Sanders, but in the 2016 Supers, Sanders went 0-7 with 3 k's against Parker.


D22

Registered:
Posts: 64
Reply with quote  #62 
Im currently impressed with the way Houston is hanging with Oregon down there in Mexico 


__________________
[cool]
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,330
Reply with quote  #63 
Well.... THAT was a major selloff in the lumber sector
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,330
Reply with quote  #64 
Everyone but Kleist must have drunk water from the tap
olddawg

Registered:
Posts: 965
Reply with quote  #65 
Quote:
Originally Posted by D22
Im currently impressed with the way Houston is hanging with Oregon down there in Mexico 

  The key to having a chance against the Ducks has, for the past several years, been not giving up free bases and extra outs.  Houston walked none, had no errors, 2HBP.  They kept it close. 

Last weekend, Georgia gave up either 7 or 9 free bases on BB and HBP.  One error. Result Oregon 8-3.

The Ducks collected 37 free bases on BB and HBP in the first 6 games.  Also, opponents committed 10 errors.  About half of those scored.  29 LOB.

17 home runs in 6 games equates to a lot of crooked numbers if you load the bases with freebies.



olddawg

Registered:
Posts: 965
Reply with quote  #66 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Everyone but Kleist must have drunk water from the tap


Funny.  That was my first thought too.
RahOKU

Registered:
Posts: 1,762
Reply with quote  #67 
Kleist is legit.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,330
Reply with quote  #68 
Cody Little had 1B....miracle UO won
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 1,446
Reply with quote  #69 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCobb
This is the most talented college softball team I have ever seen.  If I were a betting person, I would put Oregon down to win the WCWS this season.  


Yep, the Ducks are scary good – and they have a great coach to boot.

It would take a team with a dominant pitching staff and maybe the best starting lineup in the country to deprive them of the WCWS title.
D22

Registered:
Posts: 64
Reply with quote  #70 
Quote:
Originally Posted by olddawg
  The key to having a chance against the Ducks has, for the past several years, been not giving up free bases and extra outs.  Houston walked none, had no errors, 2HBP.  They kept it close. 

Last weekend, Georgia gave up either 7 or 9 free bases on BB and HBP.  One error. Result Oregon 8-3.

The Ducks collected 37 free bases on BB and HBP in the first 6 games.  Also, opponents committed 10 errors.  About half of those scored.  29 LOB.

17 home runs in 6 games equates to a lot of crooked numbers if you load the bases with freebies.





I agree.  This was the first game I got to see them play.  The steal calls were perfect timing.  First one allowed the single to score, others didn't score but I only saw one caught stealing.  They are either coached really well and or know what they are doing on the base path.  Was expecting a long ball show and got the opposite.

As far as Houston goes, their pitching did a good job.  The HBP lucky for them didn't end up hurting them.  Its early but makes me wonder if Houston should be getting some respect losing to Texas A&M by one and now UO by one.  I consider that a moral victory for them.    

__________________
[cool]
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,330
Reply with quote  #71 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe


Yep, the Ducks are scary good – and they have a great coach to boot.

It would take a team with a dominant pitching staff and maybe the best starting lineup in the country to deprive them of the WCWS title.
Puerto Vallarta has tripped up a team or two
BlueSky

Registered:
Posts: 884
Reply with quote  #72 
Quote:
Originally Posted by D22


I agree.  This was the first game I got to see them play.  The steal calls were perfect timing.  First one allowed the single to score, others didn't score but I only saw one caught stealing.  They are either coached really well and or know what they are doing on the base path.  Was expecting a long ball show and got the opposite.

As far as Houston goes, their pitching did a good job.  The HBP lucky for them didn't end up hurting them.  Its early but makes me wonder if Houston should be getting some respect losing to Texas A&M by one and now UO by one.  I consider that a moral victory for them.    


I think Houston is one of those of teams like Tulsa, that can roll any team any time. Got to give 'em respect. Or any team, for that matter.

__________________
 
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,330
Reply with quote  #73 
If they win two of their next three games, their season is pretty much off to a torrid start
RahOKU

Registered:
Posts: 1,762
Reply with quote  #74 
Houston is well-coached (Kristin Veseley OU '06). They gave the Sooners a couple of very tough games last season.
Softballjunkie223

Registered:
Posts: 1,056
Reply with quote  #75 
Ole miss vs Oregon now
Lee has sat down the first 6 batters she faced including strikes against sanders and lakopo.
Softballjunkie223

Registered:
Posts: 1,056
Reply with quote  #76 
Nice pitchers duel going on.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,330
Reply with quote  #77 

One of the toughest beats I have ever seen a pitcher take.

Way to go Kleisty.

Helluva job, Kaitlin Lee.

Whew.

ChinMusic

Registered:
Posts: 726
Reply with quote  #78 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scupino
Ducks 19 home runs in 10 games and Huskies 25 also in 10 games.


Just wait until they play some REAL teams....like Boston! 😉
Scupino

Registered:
Posts: 434
Reply with quote  #79 
Who is doing a better job with the stick Sevkis or Mulipola?
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 2,022
Reply with quote  #80 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scupino
Who is doing a better job with the stick Sevkis or Mulipola?


IF you're just comparing straight up Stats Mulipola looks to have the edge. 

Then again, Oregon has played 12+ ranked teams to AZ 5/6. Seems a significant discrepancy to me.

(sarcasm alert)  
In all fairness, you are overlooking USA Softball Top 50 Watch List player & 2X A10 POW Jenna Cone @ George Washington. She is batting a hefty  .431 against that murderers row of pitching at Lafayette, Brown & Siena. 

I mean, if Svekis can't make that watch list, what business do we have including her in the same sentence as Mulipola? 
Scupino

Registered:
Posts: 434
Reply with quote  #81 
The question was asked cause someone on this forum was making a big stink about Svekis being the best catcher in the Pac-12.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 2,022
Reply with quote  #82 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scupino
The question was asked cause someone on this forum was making a big stink about Svekis being the best catcher in the Pac-12.


And you think Mulipola is better?
Drop_Curve

Registered:
Posts: 272
Reply with quote  #83 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


And you think Mulipola is better?

Mulipola is better defensively
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,330
Reply with quote  #84 
Oregon fans rooting for Huskies to win a series... odd feeling
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,330
Reply with quote  #85 
Watching this impending Texas A&M disaster, watching the catcher just parked in one spot and allowing the runner at second signal 'inside' or 'outside'.

Catcher needs to put the work in to do the late hop in or out.

Irritating. Just behind these catchers not straight-arming pitches leaking off the black to save their pitchers strikes.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 2,022
Reply with quote  #86 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop_Curve
Mulipola is better defensively


Went back and looked at that. Both are dead even on the defensive front. 

Mulipola 0-9 w 7Ks in recent Washington series. Svekis on Sabbatical but back in action tonite. Mulipola looking to get back on track tonite also. 

I'm sticking with Svekis but both alot of fun to watch.
FFisher101

Registered:
Posts: 26
Reply with quote  #87 
Perfect game for Miranda Elish last night against Portland State. 16 K's in 7 innings. Not a great opponent, for sure, but perfect is perfect, and worthy of note. Congratulations to Miranda. Forecast calls for a weather thrash this weekend against Arizona.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,330
Reply with quote  #88 
If Miranda pitches like that, no one will hit her. She was on the black in and out all night long
azure

Registered:
Posts: 1,947
Reply with quote  #89 
Never overlook Portland State.  In my experience, they bring their best ball when they play their in-state rivals, the Oregon Ducks.  I've seen them play very tough (and sometimes beat) Oregon.
__________________
--Read my personal blog at http://azure-turquoise.blogspot.com
Scupino

Registered:
Posts: 434
Reply with quote  #90 
Quote:
Originally Posted by azure
Never overlook Portland State.  In my experience, they bring their best ball when they play their in-state rivals, the Oregon Ducks.  I've seen them play very tough (and sometimes beat) Oregon.


Yes! Absolutely! Never overlook the Vikings who have beaten the Ducks in 8 of 41 games in the last 18 years.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.