Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,040
Reply with quote  #31 
You're overly sensitive.  You said "End of story".  Really?  According to you?  So we're not allowed to challenge that opinion?  And that's what it is - an opinion.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #32 
pabar - I'm not being sensitive, I'm simply trying to prevent these threads from becoming about me.  Some of these guys, me included, are getting tired of it.  If you want to focus on me, or predict what I would think, please do it over here in this thread.
TylerDurden

Registered:
Posts: 3,869
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
pabar - I'm not being sensitive, I'm simply trying to prevent these threads from becoming about me.  Some of these guys, me included, are getting tired of it.  If you want to focus on me, or predict what I would think, please do it over here in this thread.


The reason threads are becoming about you is because you constantly bring it up.  You must not be one of the ones that are getting tired of it.
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,299
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
pabar - I'm not being sensitive, I'm simply trying to prevent these threads from becoming about me.  Some of these guys, me included, are getting tired of it.  If you want to focus on me, or predict what I would think, please do it over here in this thread.


Interesting.  Yet, as of late, someone on this board follows me around in every thread, constantly calling me a hypocrite, and inferring that I'm also a misogynist, racist, homophobe.

Yeah, that never gets old.

However, I also know that is the left's playbook.  If you are critical, at all, of anyone gay, black, or a woman, then you get accused of the above, as a way to end discussion. 

I'm not playing along.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #35 
mikec - One, if you want to take cheap personal shots at another human being and have somebody look the other way, it might be best to do it in a private email.  Secondly, if you stand idly by while Conservatives practice continuous name calling against the left, and then write a post complaining about left people doing similar, you're bound to draw a response.

How quickly one forgets my opinion posts where you follow up with the comment, "this is why I rarely come here anymore".  All you have to do is look inside our forum to see the Right's playbook.  Attack, attack, attack.  In the case of the Fox women versus UCS members, you already explained how if the "woman" deserves the criticism, it's OK.  Unfortunately, many on your side want to be the arbiters as to who deserves it.

Anyway, I thought I mostly agreed with you that personal attacks are working to silence speech.  I was agreeing with Kirsten in many ways.  Going after a woman's occupation because of her political views is way out of line and I think Kirsten was making similar points.
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,299
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
mikec - One, if you want to take cheap personal shots at another human being and have somebody look the other way, it might be best to do it in a private email.  No clue what this is supposed to mean.  I won't say I have never "take a cheap shot at another human being", but if I have, it's rare.  Unless you count my criticisms of Mrs Obama as cheap shots, which they are not.  Secondly, if you stand idly by while Conservatives practice continuous name calling against the left, and then write a post complaining about left people doing similar, you're bound to draw a response.  I am not the forum police.  I thought that was your job.  No one here is a Senator, POTUS, Rep, or FLOTUS, as far as I know.  When  you have Harry Reid making stuff up, saying it on the Senate floor, then bragging about it later, you have no room to claim the left as moral leaders.  Add in the VPOTUS saying things like "they gonna put y'all back in chains" when speaking to black groups, and it's really quite laughable.

How quickly one forgets my opinion posts where you follow up with the comment, "this is why I rarely come here anymore".  That is because 1) I tire of the same post over and over again; 2) never answering something, but instead deflecting to something completely different; 3) constant unfounded, fabricated, made up swtuff ala Harry Reid.All you have to do is look inside our forum to see the Right's playbook.  Attack, attack, attack.  I have no idea what you are talking about.  The Dems are in power, and in many of our views, have ruined the economy and hurt the country.  Foreign policy is a mess.  Our allies don't trust us.  Unlike you, if the GOP makes these same mistakes, many of us will complain about that too.  In the case of the Fox women versus UCS members, say what?  como se dice?  Fox women vs UCS members?  you already explained how if the "woman" deserves the criticism, it's OK.  If you are talking about Masare, find me one post that she has presented a coherent, constructive thought, or issued an opinion beyond "GOP sucks" or "screw you".  Unfortunately, many on your side want to be the arbiters as to who deserves it.  This is first order hypocrite speak.

Anyway, I thought I mostly agreed with you that personal attacks are working to silence speech.  I was agreeing with Kirsten in many ways.  Wrong.  You sided with the people going after her, by saying you didn't see anything offensive.  You further said that, if she wants to sell books to the Fox crowd, she'd have to take some hits, and she can take it.  Going after a woman's occupation because of her political views is way out of line and I think Kirsten was making similar points.  You are more lost than I thought.  She was talking about a lot more than that, but then I think you know that.


I really have no interest in carrying on some personal tit for tat argument with you, or anyone else really, but after you stalked me in every thread, and implied I was racist, homophobic, and misogynist, then you brought it on.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #37 
mikec - Yes, I was referring to calling the First Lady "a piece of work" as a cheap shot.  In any event, you can't expect to paint the black community, gay community, Liberals, and others in a negative light and expect to go unchallenged.

Inside here we have examples of Hillary Clinton pictures with a pig nose.  I simply asked you for specific words being said about Fox Women that were offensive.  You have standards for our every day behavior inside here that differ from standards you expect outside of here and I don't quite get it.  Yes, you don't have to be the forum police but, if you're going to choose to be the Fox News police, somebody like me is going to point out the inconsistency.

One final note.  You and I never had this head butting in the early years and we could discuss our views more easily.  I don't think I've changed.  What's happened, and you aren't the only one, is many of you have grown to dislike this President of ours so to such a great extent that you no longer can accept the fact I support him and you've become much more antagonistic.  Am I right or do you think my defense of President Obama and Liberals has changed over the years?
rocklifter

Registered:
Posts: 2,921
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
pabar - I'm not being sensitive, I'm simply trying to prevent these threads from becoming about me.  Some of these guys, me included, are getting tired of it.  If you want to focus on me, or predict what I would think, please do it over here in this thread.


Your always sensitive and whiny about people who do not agree with you.
Time to put on the big boy pants and look at the world without the rose colored glasses.
And no I havent posted on here in awhile because I work and my daughter plays ball. That should not discount my points.

__________________
I voted for Trump. 
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #39 
rocklifter - If you can give me one example of whining because folks don't agree with me, I'd appreciate it.  Quite the contrary, I never call anyone a denigrating name for having a different political view.  Instead I have to call out those who label me in such a way. 

Maybe you have a different take than me but what's really odd about all these other threads, along with those coming at me daily, is that they don't know me at all.  All they know is I'm a Democrat who also finds adults taking cheap personal shots at other adults troubling.  There's nothing else these folks can come up with to tell our readers why they have such negative feelings about me personally.  It's sad that all one has to be is a Democrat to be so disliked.  It's why I asked if some of here say these same things to their Democrat friends. 
TylerDurden

Registered:
Posts: 3,869
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
Anyway, I thought I mostly agreed with you that personal attacks are working to silence speech.  


A tactic we see used by the left daily in the media, and in this forum!
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #41 
Tyler - An accusation with no examples to substantiate.  I think the readers deserve more.
TylerDurden

Registered:
Posts: 3,869
Reply with quote  #42 
I think they remember the threats and veiled racist accusations.
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,299
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
I think they remember the threats and veiled racist accusations.


And not so veiled.  I am now a misogynistic, racist, homophobe.

Misogynistic - don't remember why now, maybe because I criticized our worthless, not-America loving, race-baiting FLOTUS.

Racist - because I dared to criticize those, like the POTUS and VPOTUS (they gonna put y'all back in chains) for furthering racial divide.  Of course, those who shout "what do want, dead cops" could qualify as well.

Homophobe - because I think it's wrong for militant activists to seek out Christian owned businesses to target for closure, death threats, and harm because said business owners don't share the gay viewpoint on some social issues.

Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #44 
mikec - I never used any of those words but I did take issue with your use of "skin is a predictor" comment.  I think that was a very unfortunate thing to say.  Not sure what your other implications are referring to. 
TylerDurden

Registered:
Posts: 3,869
Reply with quote  #45 
Mike - he did the same to me and then attempted to tell me I took it wrong.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,040
Reply with quote  #46 
Because I was traveling last week, I mostly had time to read posts and not post much myself.  I found it refreshing and enlightening.

What's become interesting to me is to see people post that I hadn't seen post before.  Mikec and Tyler Durden come to mind.  I have no idea how long each has been here but there is a point in time in the past when I first noticed their posts.  What I noticed is how they came to this forum very level-headed and really not worrying too much about what the opposition posted.  Over time, what I have noticed is the increasing level of frustration not with Dewey's positions but with his tactics.  

That is generally what I see with most people here.  I have no problem with someone who honestly still supports Obama.  But to never find fault in a person is just disingenuous.  To always explain what Obama meant as if, in a delusional state, Dewey thinks he has some kind of mental connection to Obama, is creepy.  To fall back to "I'm not qualified" or "I'll trust my president" when backed into a corner shows no desire to engage in any meaningful back and forth.

Most of us on the right are in agreement that the GOP has issues and has made mistakes.  Bush let spending get out of control.  McConnell and Boehner have abandoned any notion of conservative thought and let Democrats run roughshod over them.  John McCain is just insane (IMO).  We have no problem criticizing our own on major, substantive issues.  But when you're dealing with someone who is a cheerleader 100% of the time and refuses to acknowledge that Obama has made mistakes just gets tiring and frustrating.

Obama said ISIS was the JV team.  They just took Ramadi.  Dewey, would you say that Obama was wrong about ISIS?
Obama sent numerous officials to the funerals of black teens killed by police but has not done the same in most cases for police killed by criminals.  Dewey, do you think that's right?
Obama told the Russian president that he would have more leeway after the election.  He did it in what he thought was a private conversation and nobody knew what he meant.  Dewey, what do you think he meant by that?
Obama is restricting access to the documents being discussed around TPP.  Congressional members who have a need to know are limited in how well they can study the documents and many Democrats are upset about it.  Dewey, is it right for Obama to keep legislators from getting the access they need to understand this deal?

These are rhetorical questions as I already know how you're going to answer them.  But, of course, as we all are, you're free to respond as you wish.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61


That is generally what I see with most people here.  I have no problem with someone who honestly still supports Obama.  But to never find fault in a person is just disingenuous.  To always explain what Obama meant as if, in a delusional state, Dewey thinks he has some kind of mental connection to Obama, is creepy.  To fall back to "I'm not qualified" or "I'll trust my president" when backed into a corner shows no desire to engage in any meaningful back and forth.  These are the exact same criticisms from day one so I don't see how anything I'm doing has changed one bit.  Of course, you're free to give an example.  Tell me something I'm doing now that I didn't do in the first three or four years.

Most of us on the right are in agreement that the GOP has issues and has made mistakes.  Bush let spending get out of control.  McConnell and Boehner have abandoned any notion of conservative thought and let Democrats run roughshod over them.  John McCain is just insane (IMO).  We have no problem criticizing our own on major, substantive issues.  But when you're dealing with someone who is a cheerleader 100% of the time and refuses to acknowledge that Obama has made mistakes just gets tiring and frustrating.  I cannot find one case of you criticizing a Libertarian candidate for doing wrong.  You're no different than me when it comes to our Party loyalty, (I don't believe for a minute you're a Republican instead of a Libertarian.  You're just stuck there as part of the team as it's the only way the GOP has a chance.  Criticizing McCain and Bush should be easy for you.)  However, the fact you don't call out your candidates doesn't frustrate me at all.  After all , it's the Reagan rule. 

mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,299
Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
mikec - I never used any of those words but I did take issue with your use of "skin is a predictor" comment.  I think that was a very unfortunate thing to say.  Not sure what your other implications are referring to. 


All it means is that, if a black criminal from a black neighborhood is killed by a white police officer, and maybe even a black police officer, brace for violence.

If a white criminal is killed by a police officer of any race, there will be no violence.

Nothing more, nothing less.

You are right - that is unfortunate.

You act like that is not true.  Prove it's not if you're offended by it.
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,299
Reply with quote  #49 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
mikec - Yes, I was referring to calling the First Lady "a piece of work" as a cheap shot. 

What's happened, and you aren't the only one, is many of you have grown to dislike this President of ours so to such a great extent that you no longer can accept the fact I support him and you've become much more antagonistic.  Am I right or do you think my defense of President Obama and Liberals has changed over the years?


The first lady is a piece of work.  She MADE UP AND LIED about situations where she has been discriminated against.  Thought she was the help?  Went to the other side of the street?  GIVE ME A BREAK.  Gets asked what her agenda is as FLOTUS, because she's black?  GIVE ME A BREAK.

She takes multi-million dollar vacations at, AT OUR EXPENSE.  Her mom lives in the White House, AT OUR EXPENSE.  She is on the cover of every glamour magazine.  These magazines worship her as beautiful and stylish.

She lives a lifestyle like few ever will, and near the end - that was she has?  They will hate on you because your black?  Really?

Yeah, she's a piece of work.

Your second paragraph shows you to be a piece of work as well.

Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #50 
mikec - I don't believe that to be true.  In any event, if on video we catch a Cleveland kid in a park being shot by a police officer, a SC man running from an officer being shot in the back, a man surrendering and going down on all fours being kicked in the jaw, not to mention Rodney King being beaten by officers, how many incidents are these communities facing that aren't on video?  I think if any of us experienced these incidents we'd be moved to protest.  We can't turn a blind eye and ignore these concerns.

Edit:  To your second post, please explain why the name calling label is added rather than just criticizing the comments of others.  There is no constructive reason for it as I've described before.  I'll never understand it and, obviously, your side is never going to explain it to me. 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,780
Reply with quote  #51 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey


Edit:  To your second post, please explain why the name calling label is added rather than just criticizing the comments of others.  There is no constructive reason for it as I've described before.  I'll never understand it and, obviously, your side is never going to explain it to me. 


Then quit asking

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,040
Reply with quote  #52 
Wanted to post in the ISIS thread which is topic du jour but I didn't want to get off track again.

Folks, Obama could take a dump in his own pants while talking to a foreign leader and Dewey would blame it on Republicans for putting up roadblocks to FLOTUS attempts to change our dietary behavior.  Dewey will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER find fault with Obama.
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 4,062
Reply with quote  #53 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61
Most of us on the right are in agreement that the GOP has issues and has made mistakes.  ...  I cannot find one case of you criticizing a Libertarian candidate for doing wrong.  You're no different than me when it comes to our Party loyalty, (I don't believe for a minute you're a Republican instead of a Libertarian. ... 

Dewey - Please provide specific stances on issues that lead you to believe pabar is a Libertarian (not that there is anything wrong with being a Libertarian)?
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #54 
pabar - Can you imagine two debate teams in action and one side leans towards the other and says, "hey, can you please make some good points against your argument on our behalf?"

As the readers clearly know, we don't have members making points against their own side in these discussions.  Heck, you can't even get a Conservative to say name calling is out of line, unless it's name calling against another Conservative.  Same with Libertarians.  They think criticizing McCain is some kind of proof of self criticism.  Not at all.  Criticize Sen. Cruz and maybe you can make such a claim.  

In any event, I think it's high time we stop asking the other side to violate the Reagan rule and say bad things about your own Party.  It's a waste of the readers time, imo.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,780
Reply with quote  #55 
Debate teams, round tables!!
why not just play dress up or tea party like you did when a wee lad? An authentic political junkie would discuss facts.

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,040
Reply with quote  #56 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
pabar - Can you imagine two debate teams in action and one side leans towards the other and says, "hey, can you please make some good points against your argument on our behalf?"

As the readers clearly know, we don't have members making points against their own side in these discussions.  Heck, you can't even get a Conservative to say name calling is out of line, unless it's name calling against another Conservative.  Same with Libertarians.  They think criticizing McCain is some kind of proof of self criticism.  Not at all.  Criticize Sen. Cruz and maybe you can make such a claim.  

In any event, I think it's high time we stop asking the other side to violate the Reagan rule and say bad things about your own Party.  It's a waste of the readers time, imo.


This is not debate class.  And this is not about politeness.  We're talking about the damn future of our country.  If this is just a hobby for you, say so.  I'm terrified for the direction this president is taking our country.  I'm disgusted by the weak-kneed responses from the old-guard GOP.

Nothing is accomplished by hiding behind your silly cheerleading.  Obviously, you think things are fantastic in this country and many of us inside this forum don't agree.  The economy has been propped up by the Fed, people's disposable incomes have declined, there is no respect for religion in this country, more people are feeling entitled to be on the government dole and, in the words of Madeline Albright, the world is a mess right now.

Stick to your groupthink but don't expect people to respect you for it.
TylerDurden

Registered:
Posts: 3,869
Reply with quote  #57 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey

In any event, I think it's high time we stop asking the other side to violate the Reagan rule and say bad things about your own Party.


The 11th Commandment was actually the idea of Gaylord Parkinson in 1960.  Reagan followed it until 1976 when he needed to criticize Gerald Ford in order to secure the nomination.  Parkinson's thought process is that it would weaken the eventual primary winner (Goldwater in this case), and I highly doubt he meant for it to be invoked on a softball message board.

This board is full of conservatives taking different views and criticizing our leaders.  It's called intellectual honesty.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #58 
pabar - It's been six years and I think I've learned full well if you're an Obama supporter, the Right isn't going to like you.  Additionally, I understand everyone feels it's all about the future of our Country.  Why do you think I voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012?  Why do you think I'll vote Dem in 2016?

Edit:  Btw, do you really want me to search out that post where I listed some criticisms I made of Obama?  I'm not going to search it out or type it again.  You can go find it and quote if you wish.
TylerDurden

Registered:
Posts: 3,869
Reply with quote  #59 
Because you lack independent thought.  I didn't vote for McCain....
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,780
Reply with quote  #60 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden
Because you lack independent thought.  I didn't vote for McCain....

And I didn't vote for Bush the first time. Dewy is a party line shill and nothing else with no independent thought

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.