Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Softballjunkie223

Registered:
Posts: 84
Reply with quote  #1 
The beyond college softball thread doesn't get as much traffic as this one does so
With the shoughgang eagles as of now only 1-20 will this franchise see a second year?
all4AU

Registered:
Posts: 777
Reply with quote  #2 
I'm not convinced that the NPF will see another year.
__________________
War Eagle!
Softballjunkie223

Registered:
Posts: 84
Reply with quote  #3 
Imo Chicago bandits and usssa pride are the ucla and Arizona of the mid 90s and early 2000 of college softball
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,466
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4AU
I'm not convinced that the NPF will see another year.



The wnba is still a loser as well.  Main complaint?  Nobody wants to watch women play after the pinnacle of college ball is done...life occurs and the girls move on.  Heck, I don't care to watch them play pro ball.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/09/17/nba-commissioner-adam-silver-on-the-wnba-its-not-where-we-hoped-it-would-be/?utm_term=.f41d43456b21
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,150
Reply with quote  #5 
wnba is a completely subsidized enterprise with an inferior product, and not enjoyable to watch. Pro fastpitch will never be more than it is, and could easily disappear altogether, without much fanfare.
__________________
"She Packed My Bags Last Night, Pre-Flight, Zero Hour Nine A.M."
Shadetree

Registered:
Posts: 52
Reply with quote  #6 
NPF = most unprofessional professional league in any sport ever
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,044
Reply with quote  #7 
Arizona vs. UCLA vs. Oregon alum teams would pack those places, as would Bama-UF and any number of SECs.

outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 809
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Arizona vs. UCLA vs. Oregon alum teams would pack those places, as would Bama-UF and any number of SECs.



Now those games would make Alumni night really fun. Be worth price of admission. 
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,466
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree
NPF = most unprofessional professional league in any sport ever



So true!  I was watching the Triple Crown Sports 18Gold Nationals yesterday on espn3 and the picture was ridiculously awesome, and they had Amanda Freed announcing.  They also talked a lot about how this type of exposure was great for the sport...meanwhile...the npf really needs to hang it up permanently.
lovsofbal

Registered:
Posts: 1,460
Reply with quote  #10 
It is too bad, there isn't more backing for the sport at the pro level. The financial backing just isn't there to pay the players to want to stay there and add ALOT more teams, including maybe a minor league.

I don't think you can compare NPF to WNBA. I personally think the game is much more exciting. WNBA is compared to NBA. And I agree the WNBA isn't as much fun to watch. But I think Softball is way more exciting to watch than baseball. Comparative the girls are really good and make plays as well as the guys. Plus it's faster paced.  

But like I've heard over and over. 5-6 team rotation playing each other over and over. with some exhibition games thrown in there doesn't work. Just doesn't cut it.
Shadetree

Registered:
Posts: 52
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softballjunkie223
The beyond college softball thread doesn't get as much traffic as this one does so With the shoughgang eagles as of now only 1-20 will this franchise see a second year?


Heck I would be surprised if they finished out THIS year!  As opposed to the discipline of Japanese teams, this team shows no hustle or desire.  I am sure it is tough for them but at least run on and off the field.  I think they should have played an exhibition schedule at best but to make the other 5 teams play them 10 times each is ridiculous.  But everything else about this league is ridiculous so par for the course.  
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,044
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsofbal
It is too bad, there isn't more backing for the sport at the pro level. The financial backing just isn't there to pay the players to want to stay there and add ALOT more teams, including maybe a minor league.

I don't think you can compare NPF to WNBA. I personally think the game is much more exciting. WNBA is compared to NBA. And I agree the WNBA isn't as much fun to watch. But I think Softball is way more exciting to watch than baseball. Comparative the girls are really good and make plays as well as the guys. Plus it's faster paced.  

But like I've heard over and over. 5-6 team rotation playing each other over and over. with some exhibition games thrown in there doesn't work. Just doesn't cut it.
all of that.... softball is its own sport. Not a lesser derivative
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.