Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
MadDogsDad

Registered:
Posts: 2,178
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
More correct than they ever have been.



Because there were no upsets? The seeds could have been correct in the past but an upset happened and knocked one of the top teams out. That doesn't mean the seeds were incorrect.

__________________
And if I don't like what you say then...

your kid sucks.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,266
Reply with quote  #32 
PUHlease

Can't have it both ways.

If you can't survive your home region, you were absolutely wrongly seeded

You can speculate that the 16 this year may not have been the right 16, but you know it when an unseeded team makes supers

That said, I would consider a 14-2 year a good job in general
MadDogsDad

Registered:
Posts: 2,178
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
PUHlease

Can't have it both ways.

If you can't survive your home region, you were absolutely wrongly seeded

You can speculate that the 16 this year may not have been the right 16, but you know it when an unseeded team makes supers

That said, I would consider a 14-2 year a good job in general


Yes I can have it both ways. You are saying the seeding was correct because the final results played out based on how they were seeded. Location also plays a part in the equation.

If Kentucky had to travel and Minnesota hosted, it's very possible Kentucky doesn't win their regional and Minnesota does, does that mean they would have got it right then too?



__________________
And if I don't like what you say then...

your kid sucks.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,266
Reply with quote  #34 
If .... you .... host.... and.... lose... ,... the....committee....f***ed...up....the...seed

And, yes, the committee got it more right than they ever have

Stipulated that other top 16s could have all survived
TexasAggieFan

Registered:
Posts: 76
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDogsDad


Yes I can have it both ways. You are saying the seeding was correct because the final results played out based on how they were seeded. Location also plays a part in the equation.

If Kentucky had to travel and Minnesota hosted, it's very possible Kentucky doesn't win their regional and Minnesota does, does that mean they would have got it right then too?



If you're really that good you can win anywhere. Minnesota fans need to stop whining about how they would've won if they were at home.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,266
Reply with quote  #36 
What on earth were the temps this weekend.... couldn't have been close to as bad as the first day in Salt Lake
TexasAggieFan

Registered:
Posts: 76
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
What on earth were the temps this weekend.... couldn't have been close to as bad as the first day in Salt Lake

They got as low as 33 degrees
kazoo

Registered:
Posts: 123
Reply with quote  #38 

Collegiate softball doesn't have all that much depth--but then neither do most sports. There is always an upper echelon of 10+
that dominate---in the case of softball, it's maybe 15 teams, and, yea, playing at home is another advantage. 

__________________
vance law
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,266
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggieFan
They got as low as 33 degrees
Yowza
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.