Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
SmileyAnders

Registered:
Posts: 907
Reply with quote  #31 
I haven't watched too many of yall's games but one was a win over Florida. Home run numbers be damned, I'm expecting the whole kitchen sink from the Cajuns in this regional like all the other times. 
TxProud

Registered:
Posts: 64
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by breauxbridgecajun


No doubt, Terrell. Texas State got royally screwed having to go out west and try to beat the #3 seed who to me could have just as well been the #1 seed, that's how close the top 4 are to me.


I can’t agree more. I would have liked to see a more interesting match up with Tx A&M or Baylor.;
LSUsoftballfan

Registered:
Posts: 557
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAnders
I haven't watched too many of yall's games but one was a win over Florida. Home run numbers be damned, I'm expecting the whole kitchen sink from the Cajuns in this regional like all the other times. 


I also wouldn't expect anything less.  A feisty and determined opponent with nothing to lose is a dangerous opponent. 
supernatural

Registered:
Posts: 220
Reply with quote  #34 
Baylor was starting a 3rd basewoman who looked like she had just learned to throw a softball in the Big 12 Final against OK, but I guess you have to credit them for scoring 4 against the IMO great but overrated Lowary.

How has no one said Auburn yet? They easily could have hosted.

Tennessee got a great draw btw.
fp_mom

Registered:
Posts: 387
Reply with quote  #35 
People: Kentucky is not a number 2 seed. They are seeded 16 and are hosting a regional. Not sure why Michigan has it easy but Minnesota got placed in the same regional as number 5 Washington.
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 484
Reply with quote  #36 
Auburn was a bubble team to host a regional and FSU has shown signs of weakness this season. Auburn has the pitching to take down FSU if they can figure out how to generate some runs.
Southie

Registered:
Posts: 84
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp_mom
People: Kentucky is not a number 2 seed. They are seeded 16 and are hosting a regional. Not sure why Michigan has it easy but Minnesota got placed in the same regional as number 5 Washington.

Probably because Michigan is within driving distance of Lexington, and Minnesota is not.
SmileyAnders

Registered:
Posts: 907
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAnders
I haven't watched too many of yall's games but one was a win over Florida. Home run numbers be damned, I'm expecting the whole kitchen sink from the Cajuns in this regional like all the other times. 

Yep, whole kitchen sink. Even some weird gris gris to make Andrews fall. 
CajunAmos

Registered:
Posts: 1,109
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAnders

Yep, whole kitchen sink. Even some weird gris gris to make Andrews fall. [/QUOTE

At least you had the right ump at home at the right time. :-)]
breauxbridgecajun

Registered:
Posts: 655
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunAmos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAnders

Yep, whole kitchen sink. Even some weird gris gris to make Andrews fall. [/QUOTE

At least you had the right ump at home at the right time. :-)]



Yeah, same ump that screwed the pooch last year on the foul ball homerun against us in regionals in a 1-1 game off the bat of Springfield. What are the odds on that, both times at crucial times in a ballgame, he was the difference maker, not LSU.
__________________
Louisiana Ragin Cajuns
SmileyAnders

Registered:
Posts: 907
Reply with quote  #41 
[giphy] 

Quote:
Originally Posted by breauxbridgecajun



Yeah, same ump that screwed the pooch last year on the foul ball homerun against us in regionals in a 1-1 game off the bat of Springfield. What are the odds on that, both times at crucial times in a ballgame, he was the difference maker, not LSU.

That game was 2-1 when Springfield homered. 

breauxbridgecajun

Registered:
Posts: 655
Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAnders
[giphy] 


That game was 2-1 when Springfield homered. 

  Changing point in the game, smileyface, if you know what I mean. Bottom line, 2 BLOWN CALLS, in two years by the same idiot ump, and with your 2 All American pitchers, your team still barely skimped by against a team that was totally depleted of several players and a new coaching staff. Good luck, once they graduate, with the way LSU hits they might have trouble next year.



__________________
Louisiana Ragin Cajuns
breauxbridgecajun

Registered:
Posts: 655
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAnders
[giphy] 


That game was 2-1 when Springfield homered. 

GAME WAS 2-1 WHEN SHE HIT THAT FOUL BALL, YOU MEAN RIGHT.

__________________
Louisiana Ragin Cajuns
SmileyAnders

Registered:
Posts: 907
Reply with quote  #44 

Quote:
Originally Posted by breauxbridgecajun
  Changing point in the game, smileyface, if you know what I mean. Bottom line, 2 BLOWN CALLS, in two years by the same idiot ump, and with your 2 All American pitchers, your team still barely skimped by against a team that was totally depleted of several players and a new coaching staff. Good luck, once they graduate, with the way LSU hits they might have trouble next year.



To be fair, Andrews tripping over grass is a fairly humongous break that got yall back in the game. Breaks went both way like they always do.
CajunAmos

Registered:
Posts: 1,109
Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAnders


To be fair, Andrews tripping over grass is a fairly humongous break that got yall back in the game. Breaks went both way like they always do.


Because everyone knows players never slip or trip during games.
SmileyAnders

Registered:
Posts: 907
Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunAmos


Because everyone knows players never slip or trip during games.

And umps calling bang bang plays in favor of the other team never happens. 

breauxbridgecajun

Registered:
Posts: 655
Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAnders


To be fair, Andrews tripping over grass is a fairly humongous break that got yall back in the game. Breaks went both way like they always do.


Sounds like a typical LSU excuse, sorry but neither of the blown calls should have went either way. BLOWN in favor of LSU both times, momentum changers for the home team and fan base.

__________________
Louisiana Ragin Cajuns
breauxbridgecajun

Registered:
Posts: 655
Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAnders

And umps calling bang bang plays in favor of the other team never happens. 

Was not and is not a bang-bang play, check the still shot when the tag was applied, it is everywhere, just saw it, OUT. 

__________________
Louisiana Ragin Cajuns
CajunAmos

Registered:
Posts: 1,109
Reply with quote  #49 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAnders

And umps calling bang bang plays in favor of the other team never happens. 



Didn't the Cajun LF play on the same field? That is what makes it even. Ump call, not so much.
SmileyAnders

Registered:
Posts: 907
Reply with quote  #50 
Quote:
Originally Posted by breauxbridgecajun


Sounds like a typical LSU excuse, sorry but neither of the blown calls should have went either way. BLOWN in favor of LSU both times, momentum changers for the home team and fan base.

Pretty sure the excuses are coming from the aggrieved on the other side of the basin. What is "waaah, they cheating us" but an excuse?
breauxbridgecajun

Registered:
Posts: 655
Reply with quote  #51 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAnders

Pretty sure the excuses are coming from the aggrieved on the other side of the basin. What is "waaah, they cheating us" but an excuse?


Blown call by the home plate umpire, no one said he cheated, he just happened to be the same ump that blew the foul ball home run, don't know if he was cheating, but he blew calls on both occasions

__________________
Louisiana Ragin Cajuns
gatordawg

Registered:
Posts: 132
Reply with quote  #52 
Rather be lucky than good! Huh Smiley? Usually all comes out in the wash! [wave]
__________________
Gregory A. Langley
SmileyAnders

Registered:
Posts: 907
Reply with quote  #53 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordawg
Rather be lucky than good! Huh Smiley? Usually all comes out in the wash! [wave]

[6c5a9f423e6afe1ef140868d68397f7e] 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.