Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
CrowHop

Registered:
Posts: 163
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachZ
Be skeptical. It still happened. Staff got on an early flight after they lost and left. Team found someone to rent a bus and drive them home.



Did EE order a Code Red?

__________________
Your pitcher is illegal.
CoachZ

Registered:
Posts: 585
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowHop



Did EE order a Code Red?


You can’t handle the truth!!! 🤣🤣🤣
DunninLA

Registered:
Posts: 4,921
Reply with quote  #33 
this has been the first real discussion on this Board about the firing.  Long overdue and interesting to read everyone's perspective.
__________________
qui tacet consentire videtur
Prowler

Registered:
Posts: 1,469
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowHop



Did EE order a Code Red?


EE: I’d rather you just said thank you and went on your way.
Chester45

Registered:
Posts: 85
Reply with quote  #35 
I'm amazed at how many Missouri fans take up for this guy. Almost reminds me of Baylor and Briles. Not only where players exiting because of the abusive nature of the program, but the program had been declining. Not to mention the bad publicity going to the program. If I were a Mizzou fan I'd wanted him gone a long time ago. 
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,019
Reply with quote  #36 
What he said
SmileyAnders

Registered:
Posts: 907
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester45
I'm amazed at how many Missouri fans take up for this guy. Almost reminds me of Baylor and Briles. Not only where players exiting because of the abusive nature of the program, but the program had been declining. Not to mention the bad publicity going to the program. If I were a Mizzou fan I'd wanted him gone a long time ago. 

Fans will defend people who bring or have brought them happiness. E, Briles, Lotief, Paterno, Bobby Knight, Michael Jackson, Chris Brown, etc. 
CoachZ

Registered:
Posts: 585
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunninLA
this has been the first real discussion on this Board about the firing.  Long overdue and interesting to read everyone's perspective.


Where he heck have you been? It was hashed out when it happened. Take a look in the archives Rip Van Winkle.
CoachZ

Registered:
Posts: 585
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
So they just ate all the plane tickets for the team?  Who on the team dropped a credit card to rent the bus?


They didn’t have plane tickets (otherwise getting home clearly wouldn’t have been an issue). They chartered on the way there. Not so much on the way home. No team member could rent a van as they would not be old enough (i would’ve been less annoyed if the kids were of age to be able to rent a car). Random cousin of a player or something did.
CrowHop

Registered:
Posts: 163
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachZ
You can’t handle the truth!!! 🤣🤣🤣


I'd rather you grab a bat and stand a post!

__________________
Your pitcher is illegal.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 6,231
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachZ


They didn’t have plane tickets (otherwise getting home clearly wouldn’t have been an issue). They chartered on the way there. Not so much on the way home. No team member could rent a van as they would not be old enough (i would’ve been less annoyed if the kids were of age to be able to rent a car). Random cousin of a player or something did.


So you are saying

1 - they chartered there but had no charter flight home scheduled.
2 - the coaching staff just booked plane tickets and left the team
3 - a random cousin of a player or something rented them a bus to get them home?

I’m not saying it didn’t happen, but this just doesn’t make much sense

__________________
Dewey/Will_I_Wynn is our forum moderator and is allowing a poster to call for the assassination of our President
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,019
Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowHop


I'd rather you grab a bat and stand a post!
Brilliant
CoachZ

Registered:
Posts: 585
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator


So you are saying

1 - they chartered there but had no charter flight home scheduled.
2 - the coaching staff just booked plane tickets and left the team
3 - a random cousin of a player or something rented them a bus to get them home?

I’m not saying it didn’t happen, but this just doesn’t make much sense


Nope. It doesn’t. Most of the crap he did didn’t make sense. If you’re looking only for sensible situations, you’re not likely to find EE in the middle of any of them.
Now, I’m exiting this conversation as politely as possible. I know that you’re saying that my assertion doesn’t make sense. I really don’t care. It was reality as were some other pretty unbelievable things. I know multiple players in the program and was actually on the phone with one of them during more than one of these situations. If I’m not mistaken, you were one of the posters supporting Corey Meyers in the midst of that mess, too. I have nothing to say to that atrocity.
CoachZ

Registered:
Posts: 585
Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Brilliant


Crud. Am i actually going to have to watch the movie?
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 6,231
Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachZ
Nope. It doesn’t. Most of the crap he did didn’t make sense. If you’re looking only for sensible situations, you’re not likely to find EE in the middle of any of them. Now, I’m exiting this conversation as politely as possible. I know that you’re saying that my assertion doesn’t make sense. I really don’t care. It was reality as were some other pretty unbelievable things. I know multiple players in the program and was actually on the phone with one of them during more than one of these situations. If I’m not mistaken, you were one of the posters supporting Corey Meyers in the midst of that mess, too. I have nothing to say to that atrocity.


I was NOT supporting Corey Meyers, so you definitely "misremembered" that as well.  All I was saying was there was a way to get to the truth through FOIA.  Unfortunately most people these days would rather run with rumors and do not care about the truth.

EE's time was definitely up, and I am sorry if trying to get to the truth about this bizarre situation ruffled your feathers.

__________________
Dewey/Will_I_Wynn is our forum moderator and is allowing a poster to call for the assassination of our President
CoachZ

Registered:
Posts: 585
Reply with quote  #46 
Feathers aren’t ruffled at all — just exiting the conversation as politely as possible. There is no way to prove any of those situations to a third party completely removed from the situation at the time, so there is no point to continuing the conversation. Good luck with your search for “the truth”.
ChinMusic

Registered:
Posts: 847
Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachZ
Feathers aren’t ruffled at all — just exiting the conversation as politely as possible. There is no way to prove any of those situations to a third party completely removed from the situation at the time, so there is no point to continuing the conversation. Good luck with your search for “the truth”.


You can’t handle the truth. 😁
silent_no_more

Registered:
Posts: 184
Reply with quote  #48 
I am to lazy to look it up.  Where is EE these days?
__________________
Do you really think you really know what is going on?  Odds are you have no clue.
DunninLA

Registered:
Posts: 4,921
Reply with quote  #49 
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_no_more
I am to lazy to look it up.  Where is EE these days?
well his separation from Mizzou included his salary this year.   So the question is, what will he do next year?

__________________
qui tacet consentire videtur
ratz19

Registered:
Posts: 156
Reply with quote  #50 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_no_more
I am to lazy to look it up.  Where is EE these days?

11-7 over at the QuickTrip by his house?


__________________
Ratz

At first I thought I could'nt then I thought I could......I was right both times.
ChinMusic

Registered:
Posts: 847
Reply with quote  #51 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratz19

11-7 over at the QuickTrip by his house?



Where the heck have you been?
Nextyear

Registered:
Posts: 195
Reply with quote  #52 
In college sports follow the money. No college softball is not mens basketball or football but it is becoming a high profile sport. Most times if you are as successful as EE and get fired you have to be a special kind of Jackass. Rittman is an exception where the administration screwed up big time but very successful coaches don’t usually get fired for nothing.

The fact that EE, Lotief and Myers will probably not coach in the foreseeable future after all their success tells you all you want to know
ratz19

Registered:
Posts: 156
Reply with quote  #53 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinMusic
Where the heck have you been?

Working nights 11-7 at t he QuickTrip over by Erin Earlywines house.


__________________
Ratz

At first I thought I could'nt then I thought I could......I was right both times.
LSUsoftballfan

Registered:
Posts: 557
Reply with quote  #54 
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_no_more
I am to lazy to look it up.  Where is EE these days?


He will be the director of athletics for Jefferson City Public Schools. Earleywine, a Jefferson City native, will start in his new role on July 1.
cjs4585

Registered:
Posts: 514
Reply with quote  #55 
What's the over/under on the number of days until there is a discrimination or similar suit filed against the Jefferson City Public Schools?
cjs4585

Registered:
Posts: 514
Reply with quote  #56 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa
Not to mention all the players who transferred out under EE: Stangel, Lowary, Finucane, Conrad, Duffner. Gasso said Lowary was "broken" when she came to OU.

https://www.seccountry.com/missouri/missouri-tigers-softball-world-series-florida-gators


Stangel was a mess too. MO never considered her a hitter (wrong) and completely changed her pitching motion to where it was almost impossible for her to throw strikes. Stangel obviously didn't have the raw talent that Lowary does, but WA helped her be a serviceable pitcher as well as a very good hitter. 
Prowler

Registered:
Posts: 1,469
Reply with quote  #57 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratz19

Working nights 11-7 at t he QuickTrip over by Erin Earlywines house.



What flavor slurpee does he usually get?
whatusmokin

Registered:
Posts: 215
Reply with quote  #58 
From what I understand, he has a list of favorites (actual slurpee names)


Apocolyptic Ice

Bruisin’ Berry


Distortion Freeze

Liquid Artillery

And of course!

Cheerwine
Prowler

Registered:
Posts: 1,469
Reply with quote  #59 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatusmokin
From what I understand, he has a list of favorites (actual slurpee names)


Apocolyptic Ice

Bruisin’ Berry


Distortion Freeze

Liquid Artillery

And of course!

Cheerwine


I heard he switched from Tiger Blood a few months ago for some reason.
northernlights

Registered:
Posts: 62
Reply with quote  #60 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachZ
Let me see ... who are we? We are the adults standing outside the situation knowing that NO, in fact, it is not the kids’ fault that EE took the entire coaching staff and left the players in Knoxville to find their own way back to COMO after the SECT.


Yes, let us see.  And by that I mean let us see the evidence, from an actual news source, no just some anonymous allegations.  Quite obviously there were people on the team or around the program that didn't like EE, so if he actually did something so obviously reckless like that do you think someone wouldn't have made sure it got back to the University?  And when it because obvious they wanted to fire him later on don't you think they'd have latched onto that as a reason to do so?  Yet their investigation found no infractions.

Do you really expect me to believe return travel arrangements weren't already in place and that the coach went out of his way to cancel them?

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.