Ultimate College Softball
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 17 of 17     «   Prev   14   15   16   17
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 9,311
Reply with quote  #481 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61


Sorry, but if you don't see the spin, I can't help you.  I will take a healthy economy with a few resulting extra deaths because people don't know to look both ways before crossing.


Not one single highway death is acceptable.  NOT ONE.  Should I say that again - NOT ONE.

I didn't see the spin because I didn't read the article.  I simply stated what is true: better economy, more driving, more deaths.

I then also stated that I hope the engineer types haven't taken the last 8 years off, because, I will say again:

NOT ONE DEATH IS ACCEPTABLE.

For you to say otherwise is damn disappointing. 

There is no spin or equivocation in that.  I suppose you folks have never been out to crash sites, or had loved ones or friends killed. 

Maybe you've never:

- had someone drown in their own blood in your lap when their lungs filled, and all you could do was pray for help to get their quickly
- been first on scene after a car ran over a bicyclist, and all you could do was try not to vomit on the deceased as his brains spilled out of his head
- watch a semi-truck clip a car changing lanes, sending the car asses over elbows as passengers were ejected and had their flesh stripped off their bones on the highway
- had your best friend in HS killed on a bicycle by a guy running a red light
- tried to comfort an 8 year old with a separated shoulder while her mom was moaning with broken legs after she hit the car in front of her

Yeah, I've been there for all of that, and it informs what I do for a living - to try to save these people.

You'll take a few deaths - shame on you.
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 9,311
Reply with quote  #482 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist

Right.  But you still agree that Trump getting the economy going is good thing, correct?


I didn't say it's not.  In regards to highway deaths, we have to be vigilant, because we can do better.

Zero highway deaths should be our goal.

That is no anti-trump position.  Hell if he does his trillion dollar highway program maybe we'll save a few more.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 30,653
Reply with quote  #483 
Outlaw autos and semis
__________________

Shut up doofus. Not talking to you. 
 
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 14,344
Reply with quote  #484 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec


Not one single highway death is acceptable.  NOT ONE.  Should I say that again - NOT ONE.

I didn't see the spin because I didn't read the article.  I simply stated what is true: better economy, more driving, more deaths.

I then also stated that I hope the engineer types haven't taken the last 8 years off, because, I will say again:

NOT ONE DEATH IS ACCEPTABLE.

For you to say otherwise is damn disappointing. 

There is no spin or equivocation in that.  I suppose you folks have never been out to crash sites, or had loved ones or friends killed. 

Maybe you've never:

- had someone drown in their own blood in your lap when their lungs filled, and all you could do was pray for help to get their quickly
- been first on scene after a car ran over a bicyclist, and all you could do was try not to vomit on the deceased as his brains spilled out of his head
- watch a semi-truck clip a car changing lanes, sending the car asses over elbows as passengers were ejected and had their flesh stripped off their bones on the highway
- had your best friend in HS killed on a bicycle by a guy running a red light
- tried to comfort an 8 year old with a separated shoulder while her mom was moaning with broken legs after she hit the car in front of her

Yeah, I've been there for all of that, and it informs what I do for a living - to try to save these people.

You'll take a few deaths - shame on you.

You are strange.  nevertrumpism seems to have gone to your brain. 

Pabar was merely pointing out the dopey negative spin about CBS turning normal rise in traffic deaths into a negative for Trump getting the economy going.   You flip out and rant about zero traffic deaths.  

__________________
Just say no to dullards.   
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 14,344
Reply with quote  #485 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec


I didn't say it's not.  In regards to highway deaths, we have to be vigilant, because we can do better.

Zero highway deaths should be our goal.

That is no anti-trump position.  Hell if he does his trillion dollar highway program maybe we'll save a few more.

Zero highway deaths is a great goal.  But spinning that to me growing economy is a bad thing, as CBS has done in their article almost certainly confuses the issue.

__________________
Just say no to dullards.   
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 6,574
Reply with quote  #486 

__________________

"What questions are not getting answered.  The only ones I see being avoided is "Why you switch from Dewey to Will I Wynn?"  and  "Why you switch from Bama_CF to Fresh?" and of course the best one that will never get answered, never in a million years... "When you bringing back KPI?"

EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 6,574
Reply with quote  #487 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal
Outlaw autos and semis


Watch LiveLeak some time. It's those damn vespa scooters that need to be outlawed.

__________________

"What questions are not getting answered.  The only ones I see being avoided is "Why you switch from Dewey to Will I Wynn?"  and  "Why you switch from Bama_CF to Fresh?" and of course the best one that will never get answered, never in a million years... "When you bringing back KPI?"

keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 30,653
Reply with quote  #488 
#merely
__________________

Shut up doofus. Not talking to you. 
 
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 9,311
Reply with quote  #489 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist

You are strange.  nevertrumpism seems to have gone to your brain. 

Pabar was merely pointing out the dopey negative spin about CBS turning normal rise in traffic deaths into a negative for Trump getting the economy going.   You flip out and rant about zero traffic deaths.  


You're wrong.  pabar said more traffic deaths are acceptable. I say they're not.

some of you retards are so in for trump, you think that saying traffic deaths are unacceptable is some sort of slam on trump.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 14,344
Reply with quote  #490 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec


You're wrong.  pabar said more traffic deaths are acceptable. I say they're not.

some of you retards are so in for trump, you think that saying traffic deaths are unacceptable is some sort of slam on trump.

Your not supposed to use the word retard anymore.  Makes it sound like you hang out with the brookings institute crowd.

If the economy improves significantly, the driver miles go up as more people get to more jobs.  Pabar was merely recognizing that reality, as you did.

You are not saying we should slow the economy to pull people off of roads are you?  That would be retarded.

__________________
Just say no to dullards.   
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 13,652
Reply with quote  #491 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec


You're wrong.  pabar said more traffic deaths are acceptable. I say they're not.

some of you retards are so in for trump, you think that saying traffic deaths are unacceptable is some sort of slam on trump.


Let's look at the logic.  The economy being strong means there will be more traffic deaths.  So we should hope for a weak economy putting potentially millions of people out of work in order to reduce traffic deaths?  No thanks.

I have news for you.  There will always be traffic deaths regardless of the economic conditions of the country.

I will still hope for a strong economy and hope for people to be safer on the road.  But to imply that a stronger economy has a dark cloud to it because somehow there's more traffic deaths?  I don't buy it.

__________________
Will I Wynn is a poster who used to go by the name of Dewey.  He used to criticize people who did that.

"Once you open your eyes, it's impossible to be a Democrat." - CJ Pearson
woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,828
Reply with quote  #492 
If you want to stop a large percentage of traffic deaths, install jammers in vehicles that don't allow texting or talking while driving. Lots of people can text, talk on cellphones and steer around corners with their knees, but there are a lot of people driving around 3 thousand pounds of steel that are vaguely aware they are part of the human race, much less have the mental capacity to walk and chew gum without tipping over.
__________________
Ignorance is forgivable, and correctable with proper study. Stupidity is a way of life.


KeepProvingIt

Registered:
Posts: 391
Reply with quote  #493 
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
there are a lot of people driving around 3 thousand pounds of steel that are vaguely aware they are part of the human race, much less have the mental capacity to walk and chew gum without tipping over.



Who are these people, specifically? Do they get self determination?

__________________
The white nationalist crowd around here is mad and protesting. They have been mistreated by an awful character who caused them to prove their sexist, racist, homophobic views. They are outraged and want their safe space in the Misc forums back. You know, kinda like the Missouri football team. Aww.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 14,344
Reply with quote  #494 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepProvingIt



Who are these people, specifically? Do they get self determination?

Native American indians.  Do they get self determination?  Apparently not, they apparently have to wait for the DNC to tell them what to think.


__________________
Just say no to dullards.   
woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,828
Reply with quote  #495 
Those marginalized individuals come in all colors, sexes, and sizes, and seemed "determined" to kill them selves and other innocent lives with their lack of hand eye coordination and overall motor skills, no pun intended. Some people can drive and have situational awareness. Some just stare at the bumper in front of them while traveling at high speed and attempting to text or post on Facebook.
__________________
Ignorance is forgivable, and correctable with proper study. Stupidity is a way of life.


mikec

Registered:
Posts: 9,311
Reply with quote  #496 
all media sucks these days
woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,828
Reply with quote  #497 
It really does. It's like listening to Cold War propaganda.
__________________
Ignorance is forgivable, and correctable with proper study. Stupidity is a way of life.


woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,828
Reply with quote  #498 
And why are my tax dollars paying for NPR and their propaganda? It's like a branch of the DNC.
__________________
Ignorance is forgivable, and correctable with proper study. Stupidity is a way of life.


spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 7,457
Reply with quote  #499 
Kathy Griffin having a meltdown at her press conference with her lawyer by her side who i belueve is Allreds daughter. Moaning how people are trying to ruin her career, violating her free speech, and it's also because she is a woman. Literally in tears. The mean old white men are trying to destroy her.
I guess it's only ok when the left does it to people. Like the CEO of Mozilla that lost his job solely because he donated to the prop 8 campaign.

__________________
#SCOTUS x two
Fresh has rings. Ask him to tell you about them


uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 14,344
Reply with quote  #500 
"He Broke Me.  Trump Broke Me"  and now I am ruined.  Pretty much not going to have a career anymore after all of this....

hahaha.  She sucked anyway.  /pol/ and r/the_donald/ put in overtime last 2 days attaching that picture of her standing there with beheaded donald directly to ISIS.  By the end of the day it was over for her.

I know nevertrumpers are not getting some of this as it plays out.  It is sort of the new whacky media model.   But it is how the game gets played.  Getting defined in social media can dictate your options nowadays. 



__________________
Just say no to dullards.   
woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,828
Reply with quote  #501 
"He Broke it Off in ME! I'm melting.


__________________
Ignorance is forgivable, and correctable with proper study. Stupidity is a way of life.


keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 30,653
Reply with quote  #502 

NBC Forced To Apologize After Katie Couric, Colleagues Insult Entire Nation Of South Korea


__________________

Shut up doofus. Not talking to you. 
 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 13,652
Reply with quote  #503 
Also, Katie Couric is such a moron that she thought the Dutch were good skaters because they skate to work on the frozen canals.  What an idiot.
__________________
Will I Wynn is a poster who used to go by the name of Dewey.  He used to criticize people who did that.

"Once you open your eyes, it's impossible to be a Democrat." - CJ Pearson
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.