Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 6 of 9     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next
lovsofbal

Registered:
Posts: 1,906
Reply with quote  #151 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fstptch123
Sanchez can swing it!!



that'll be one for the Tigers that can
Grindz

Registered:
Posts: 880
Reply with quote  #152 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcouvillion



If Sanchez comes it would maybe be like:

P: Ace would probably be Gorsuch
C: Schlattman
1B: Georgia Clark
2B: Amanda Sanchez
3B: Amanda Doyle
SS: Serrett
LF: Aliyah Andres
RF: Taryn Antoine
CF: Weinberger
DH: Sunseri

Don't know where Shemiah Sanchez would play. What about Becca Schulte?



This is my lineup too, but I do think one of the two highly regarded outfielders coming in (Karrington or Stewart) will win that last OF spot.

Question is will Torina actually bench Shemiah to make room for Georgia Clark?
SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 452
Reply with quote  #153 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindz


 

Question is will Torina actually bench Shemiah to make room for Georgia Clark?


Well if Torina is actually serious about getting the best bats in the lineup, she will have to. You don't have room for Clark and Sunseri to alternate at DH
smcouvillion

Registered:
Posts: 443
Reply with quote  #154 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindz


This is my lineup too, but I do think one of the two highly regarded outfielders coming in (Karrington or Stewart) will win that last OF spot.

Question is will Torina actually bench Shemiah to make room for Georgia Clark?


I didn't know much about the two outfielders coming in, but for the last outfield spot, she may alternate two players. Weinberger is fast and she did have good pinch hits in 2018.

For the Clark/Sanchez situation, Torina will probably make her decision based on how they perform in the Fall.
SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 452
Reply with quote  #155 
Stewart is a pretty good player out of Georgia that I think tiger fans will like a lot, she's versatile

Torina will probably alternate people for that last OF spot, she normally does that


If Clark plays how she normally does, she will be hitting somewhere, without a doubt. A player of her offensive caliber will be needed next season unless she flat out does not adjust to the next level. I just don't know if Torina would ever bench a senior who has been a starter for the last two years but LSU is at a point where the offense matters more than ever as y'all replace two all Americans and break in a lot of new faces.

I'm excited to see these new kids on the mound, I personally still see LSU as a strong unit on the mound but they have to, as Torina says "make their name", and that only comes from experience. If last season was any indicator for MB's progression, LSU will have a very strong pitcher to start the year at minimum 
Lovepurplelivegold

Registered:
Posts: 61
Reply with quote  #156 
I’ve been thinking about a potential lineup, it’s all speculation at this point, with transfers and freshmen. But I’m pretty sure Georgia Clark was listed as a 1B/C. As of right now with Schlattmen being an upcoming senior, we do not have a catcher for the 2020 season. I wouldn’t be surprised if Clark gets a look at catcher. I could see something like we had when Kloss was a freshman. When she caught Friday and Sunday and the senior catcher caught Saturday (I can’t think of her name rn, her first name is Lauren I think). This might open up a spot for Taylor Tidwell to come and get. She’s a power infielder who hit 17 homeruns her senior year. This is all speculation and hope. You never know what a freshmen can will do. Who would’ve thought Gabbie Plain would be so successful? But I think Tidwell can be good for LSU. And if not that, it allows Shemiah to still have a spot in the infield.
So Lineup:
LF: Andrews
RF: Antoine
1B: Doyle
3B: A. Sanchez
C: Clark (Schlattman)
DH: Sunseri
2B: Tidwell (Sanchez)
SS: Serrett
CF: Stewart (Weinberger or Thornhill)

__________________
donald
Grindz

Registered:
Posts: 880
Reply with quote  #157 
Can Clark even play catcher? Ive only ever seen her at 1B, not sure how good her arm is and her reflexes for that position. Not saying she can't

I'm interested to see how Tidwell does here, she was fun to watch in HS


LSUGrad92

Registered:
Posts: 24
Reply with quote  #158 

 

Quote:

The Lady Gators’ most heralded selection was LSU signee Taylor Tidwell. Tidwell was the lone St. Amant player to make the first team.

 She had a sensational senior season that saw her put up eye-popping numbers. Tidwell hit .598 with 53 RBIs, and she set a new single-season school record for most home runs with 17.



http:// http://www.weeklycitizen.com/news/20180620/three-parish-softball-players-make-lswa-all-state

SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 452
Reply with quote  #159 
St. Amant was knocked out early in the play offs, but thats normal for them 
SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 452
Reply with quote  #160 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichita_Mustangs
The chance of Amanda Sanchez coming to LSU is about less than 1% She has been gone from mizzu even earlier than when we played them. She will be heading out west.....stop dreaming!



Well..... okay then lol
SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 452
Reply with quote  #161 
Amanda Sanchez to LSU
smcouvillion

Registered:
Posts: 443
Reply with quote  #162 
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkdtRcbH6cw/?taken-by=lsusoftball
SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 452
Reply with quote  #163 
Big get for the program, I would assume put her at 2B, let Doyle move to 3rd, plug Clark in at 1B

Well if LSU wants the best bats this is the way to go
smcouvillion

Registered:
Posts: 443
Reply with quote  #164 
I'm guessing she committed because White left. That is the only plausible reason that she decides right after the news.
SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 452
Reply with quote  #165 
I was told she was waiting to see who coach White hired as an assistant before she made her final decision. White leaving for Texas sealed the deal though
LSUsoftballfan

Registered:
Posts: 560
Reply with quote  #166 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECFan04



Well..... okay then lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichita_Mustangs

The chance of Amanda Sanchez coming to LSU is about less than 1% She has been gone from mizzu even earlier than when we played them. She will be heading out west.....stop dreaming!


That awkward moment when a loud-mouth, "know-it-all" parent finds out he really doesn't know it all after all.
Grindz

Registered:
Posts: 880
Reply with quote  #167 

Props to Coach Torina and the staff for a phenomenal pick up!!


Welcome to Tiger Nation Amanda 

I would assume she would play 2B? I mean I know she played 3B but she is athletic enough and good enough defensively to play 2nd

I think Doyle would be your best 3B she just has great instincts and she has a great arm and has looked very good defensively when put there.

Wichita_Mustangs

Registered:
Posts: 95
Reply with quote  #168 
I can eat crown ...I was wrong. Great get for LSU. But if you think for a minute the Texas hiring didnt have a lot to do with this....well ok.

I was wrong....no problem admitting it

Mark Griggs


EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 6,163
Reply with quote  #169 
Mark my friend, don't eat crown. 
__________________

"A principled loser is just another kind of loser – an especially annoying kind because he never seems to shut his Zima-hole about his precious principles."

SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 452
Reply with quote  #170 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichita_Mustangs
I can eat crown ...I was wrong. Great get for LSU. But if you think for a minute the Texas hiring didnt have a lot to do with this....well ok.

I was wrong....no problem admitting it

Mark Griggs




No doubt it played a major role

Anyways great grab for LSU.


How is Emily enjoying NPF?
SmileyAnders

Registered:
Posts: 967
Reply with quote  #171 
Not Griggs but saw one of the games on CST this weekend and it looked like she robbed a HR. 
SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 452
Reply with quote  #172 
I remember when Bailey Landry did it right when she entered the league

[image] 

Pretty awesome  
Wichita_Mustangs

Registered:
Posts: 95
Reply with quote  #173 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECFan04


No doubt it played a major role

Anyways great grab for LSU.


How is Emily enjoying NPF?



She is having fun....and yes robbed a homerun of Erica P. Funny they are roomates.

I think she needs a little break....we figured out she hasnt had one season off since she was 12 years old....played every fall...spring and summer....then went to college and played every inning over 4 years except 4 innng... played fall spring and was lucky to have summers with USA softball. So I think she needs a little break.

Boy I am going to miss watching my little midget play
LSUsoftballfan

Registered:
Posts: 560
Reply with quote  #174 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichita_Mustangs
I can eat crown ...I was wrong. Great get for LSU. But if you think for a minute the Texas hiring didnt have a lot to do with this....well ok.

I was wrong....no problem admitting it

Mark Griggs




LOL please do not eat "crown"....and you are right, I think the kid ends up at Oregon if not for the coaching change. No argument there.  But LSU isn't a bad landing spot either.

Glad to hear Emily is doing well.  I knew she was a "fixture" in CF at LSU....but I had no idea she only missed 4 innings of her entire career. I can only hope the next person can lock it down nearly as well as she did.  We fans are definitely going to miss her, especially all the little ones who she tirelessly signed autographs for after games at home. 
Grindz

Registered:
Posts: 880
Reply with quote  #175 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUsoftballfan


LOL please do not eat "crown"....and you are right, I think the kid ends up at Oregon if not for the coaching change. No argument there.  But LSU isn't a bad landing spot either.

Glad to hear Emily is doing well.  I knew she was a "fixture" in CF at LSU....but I had no idea she only missed 4 innings of her entire career. I can only hope the next person can lock it down nearly as well as she did.  We fans are definitely going to miss her, especially all the little ones who she tirelessly signed autographs for after games at home. 


+1


Hope Emily gets a nice little vacation/break in the future, she deserves it!

I hope to see her back around Tiger Park sometime next season.
SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 452
Reply with quote  #176 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichita_Mustangs



She is having fun....and yes robbed a homerun of Erica P. Funny they are roomates.

I think she needs a little break....we figured out she hasnt had one season off since she was 12 years old....played every fall...spring and summer....then went to college and played every inning over 4 years except 4 innng... played fall spring and was lucky to have summers with USA softball. So I think she needs a little break.

Boy I am going to miss watching my little midget play


Thats too funny!!

LOL love the midget comment! She will be greatly missed at LSU next year. Those 4 years really do go quickly don't they? I was happy to see she enjoyed her time at LSU and made the memories and friends of a lifetime. In addition she got to play in the college World Series 3 or her 4 years. Not many can say that....

As much as you love a sport, everyone needs a break at some point, hopefully she gets one soon.


SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 452
Reply with quote  #177 
Anyways with the addition of Amanda, I assume she will go to 3B and Shemiah will move over to 2B. That was her original position if I am not mistaken
smcouvillion

Registered:
Posts: 443
Reply with quote  #178 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECFan04
Anyways with the addition of Amanda, I assume she will go to 3B and Shemiah will move over to 2B. That was her original position if I am not mistaken


What about Clark, Doyle, and Sunseri?

If Shemiah goes to 2nd, there would only be room for 2 more players, when all three mentioned above play statistically better than Shemiah (although we haven't seen Clark play at college, her high school numbers are nothing to see past.)
SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 452
Reply with quote  #179 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcouvillion


What about Clark, Doyle, and Sunseri?

If Shemiah goes to 2nd, there would only be room for 2 more players, when all three mentioned above play statistically better than Shemiah (although we haven't seen Clark play at college, her high school numbers are nothing to see past.)


I think Clark is LSU's best incoming "hitting" recruit by far but she will have to prove it on the field come February next year. 

The locks to start somewhere next season are:

Doyle- LSU's RBI produce, hit over .300 23 extra base hits
Andrews- Great lead off, hit over .300 both her first two years
A Sanchez- She has been an All SEC player every year for a reason, phenomenal bat
Serrett- Who else would take it? Schulte is her back up, but Serrett is far superior defensively at the position
Antoine- I say this because she was in the top 3 in SEC BA last season, but she needs to learn how to bunt

I think its a safe bet Schlattman is your catcher, she improved immensely over the season. Cummins is an incoming catcher but little is known about her. She does have a big bat but her defense is a little unknown for me

Sunseri easy one one of LSU's better hitters last year, she hit 14 extra base hits after missing the entire OOC slate at the beginning of the year. I imagine she will at minimum be at DP. She will hit somewhere, only way she won't is if she just doesn't hit at all.

Shemiah Sanchez will play somewhere, at least early at least. She is above average defensively. She had some key hits for LSU last year. Now with that said she has to hit for a way better consistency. She has hit for a career .240 average. Her power numbers have gone up but she hasn't hit with really any consistency. Hope she can do it this coming year

Honestly, the lineup will be the same next year with Amanda at 3rd, Shemiah at 2B, but Clark or Sunseri will be on the end of the stick when it comes to DP unfortunately. Not enough room unless you throw Sunseri in the OF or bench another infielder

Grindz

Registered:
Posts: 880
Reply with quote  #180 
I am  optimistic about Schlattman, she was a legit player who produced vs the toughest part of the schedule at the end of the season. If she can translate her second half of the year for a full year LSU will have another pretty good bat.

 I hope Antoine can make a jump to her sophomore year much like Doyle did, that would be awesome



Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.