Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 25 of 37     «   Prev   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   Next   »
Wichita_Mustangs

Registered:
Posts: 95
Reply with quote  #721 
3lefturns.....first congrats on nice weekend by your daughter!

Do you really believe that someone really just "happened" upon this site?

Half the reason I hate to post here....hidden agendas and hidden identities. Most here are so full of sh*t and hide behind a message board.

Oh...ya...no call from GRINDZ.....Imagine that..lol
Tigerbait357

Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #722 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUforthewin
Found the site from doing a search with our name and LSU in it, this site and tiger droppings popped up. Our daughter is there soon, very soon. Bashing kids seems like the thing some people do all the time...all the way up in comp ball you always have the critics, always have people that want to bring other people down. It's life, hopefully the girls have developed some thick skin. I can only imagine if I was the parent of some of the girls or coaches for that matter now and reading the boards here. I know this isn't an accurate representation of the true LSU community.



Congrats to your daughter  and family for choosing LSU. Every fan base has their bad apples. LSU fans have a tendency to want to bitc* about everything. Criticism is warranted a lot of times, some just some go overboard with it.  

While LSU has some bad/crazy fans, the community in BR and just the entire state of Louisiana values its athletes in whatever they do. Your girl will have a lot of support the moment she arrives. 

 TD can be difficult to read on game days, try not to take too much thought into it. 95% of fans are super nice and supportive.

Some posters in particular have  agendas 
LSUforthewin

Registered:
Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #723 
Tiger droppings seems down to earth. I'm not thin skinned, it would just be tough reading some dude sitting in his PJ's bashing your daughter. I would guess that every player on the LSU roster has worked their butt off to get to where they are now, as a parent you see that. Every player will have ups and downs. I guess big time criticism comes with playing at such a high level.
Wichita_Mustangs

Registered:
Posts: 95
Reply with quote  #724 
Tiger357.....now there is someone I would like to know true identity of......bet that will NEVER happen
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 6,174
Reply with quote  #725 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34sDad
Amazing how Grindz and Softballfan12  often follow each others posts, have similar writing styles and make both make the same punctuation errors.  What a coincidence.  


Yes they are the same person. The common lack of periods is a dead give away.

__________________

"A principled loser is just another kind of loser – an especially annoying kind because he never seems to shut his Zima-hole about his precious principles."

Tigerbait357

Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #726 
 I lurk this board from time to time, never post here much. 

I have connections into some of LSU's athletic programs, mainly the gymnastics one. 

If you ever wanna chat in private, my email is  lsutb357@yahoo.com 

  •  
  •  
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 6,174
Reply with quote  #727 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUforthewin
Man you all like to bash players and coaches, this is pretty unreal. I actually just started looking at this site to get a feel for the LSU community and not impressed. My daughter is an incoming player and I know I will not be able to ever look at these boards because they will kill me with how critical some of you are. One of the things that impressed us (daughter/wife and me) about LSU was the entire southern hospitality we have seen...it's real. I don't see much of that hospitality on these boards, that's for sure. Everybody likes to be a critic of these girls, while they sit on their butt eating ice cream watching tv. Everybody is an expert, everybody thinks they can do so much better. I guarantee every girl on the team wants to win more than any of you want them to win. I guarantee you guys don't know Jack yet about the value of these young girls on the team, give them a chance to develop without all the negativity. From a personal standpoint we as parents could not be happier with our daughter deciding on LSU. The entire coaching staff and community could not have made the decision any easier for her. The only downside I have seen from LSU are a few of the Al Bundy type people thinking they are or were the best athlete ever...on these boards that think they know everything about everyone and can do everything better than everyone. I can't wait for our daughter to get there, i know i wont be loking at this board when she does.



hehe the 'new' parent is all indignant and offended. And lecturing everyone on their posting behavior. My favorite line---"I guarantee you guys don't know Jack yet about the value of these young girls on the team, give them a chance to develop without all the negativity."

Tap the brakes mom. 

__________________

"A principled loser is just another kind of loser – an especially annoying kind because he never seems to shut his Zima-hole about his precious principles."

3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,898
Reply with quote  #728 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichita_Mustangs
3lefturns.....first congrats on nice weekend by your daughter! Do you really believe that someone really just "happened" upon this site? Half the reason I hate to post here....hidden agendas and hidden identities. Most here are so full of sh*t and hide behind a message board. Oh...ya...no call from GRINDZ.....Imagine that..lol


Hey Mark, in the daytime hours I watched Emily do all she could.... 6-for-10. She has been so consistent through four years, and now look at her. She's doing her normal thing and now even has that slugging at .400.

Seems like yesterday we were playing in that mosh pit after the hurricane down here.

One regret...never got to check out that bus!

And, oh, no one 'happens' on this site. Someone tells you about it. And, if you are thin-skinned, they are pranking you in doing so.

All the best!

Tigerbait357

Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #729 
As a collegiate athlete in any sport, mainly in Power 5 conferences. Everyone is criticized and is picked on.

It comes from competing at this level. Can't really stop it.

Everyone  wants to be the best and fans will be fans. It can be harsh for sure. Sometimes I take is as a compliment. They are that invested into what these athletes do.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,898
Reply with quote  #730 
Exactly. There are 250 schools the kids can go to where there parents can avoid such aggrievement
LCITSH

Registered:
Posts: 2,762
Reply with quote  #731 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUforthewin
Man you all like to bash players and coaches, this is pretty unreal. I actually just started looking at this site to get a feel for the LSU community and not impressed. My daughter is an incoming player and I know I will not be able to ever look at these boards because they will kill me with how critical some of you are. One of the things that impressed us (daughter/wife and me) about LSU was the entire southern hospitality we have seen...it's real. I don't see much of that hospitality on these boards, that's for sure. Everybody likes to be a critic of these girls, while they sit on their butt eating ice cream watching tv. Everybody is an expert, everybody thinks they can do so much better. I guarantee every girl on the team wants to win more than any of you want them to win. I guarantee you guys don't know Jack yet about the value of these young girls on the team, give them a chance to develop without all the negativity. From a personal standpoint we as parents could not be happier with our daughter deciding on LSU. The entire coaching staff and community could not have made the decision any easier for her. The only downside I have seen from LSU are a few of the Al Bundy type people thinking they are or were the best athlete ever...on these boards that think they know everything about everyone and can do everything better than everyone. I can't wait for our daughter to get there, i know i wont be loking at this board when she does.


It's pretty easy to tell that you have very little experience with sports message boards, much less any type of message board. If you think this board is "unreal," wait until you've been around tigerdroppings for a while. If you want really vicious, try some of the national political forums.

Just a little education for you: this is a national message board. There is no "community" here. The VAST majority of the people who post on this board are extremely opinionated, unfortunately, quite a few make their comments as statements of fact rather than the opinion they truly are. If you hang around long enough, you will find that these comments are made without a basis of knowledge, so they have little to no value.

Here's something you might want to think about: you have time before your daughter starts to play for LSU to learn who on this board has veracity and character. When she does, you will be in a better position than anyone else to refute any deceitful, erroneous and biased comments. It's not that your daughter, or her teammates or the coaches need defending, but unchallenged statements gain power. Do you want to allow people and their comments to have value when they don't deserve it?

Best wishes to your daughter as she proceeds to her college career.

__________________
Terrell S. Hebert
Louisiana USSSA Church Coordinator
CrowHop

Registered:
Posts: 242
Reply with quote  #732 
Preach it, Terrell!
__________________
Your pitcher is illegal.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,898
Reply with quote  #733 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCITSH



Just a little education for you: this is a national message board. There is no "community" here. The VAST majority of the people who post on this board are extremely opinionated, unfortunately, quite a few make their comments as statements of fact rather than the opinion they truly are.
This is inarguably a fact!
Grindz

Registered:
Posts: 880
Reply with quote  #734 
Why is Walljasper pitching in a mid week game vs Northwestern State? 
BHS83

Registered:
Posts: 97
Reply with quote  #735 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindz
Why is Walljasper pitching in a mid week game vs Northwestern State? 


To repair her confidence
3lefturns

Registered:
Posts: 99
Reply with quote  #736 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindz
Why is Walljasper pitching in a mid week game vs Northwestern State? 

I think it just goes to show what state Torino feels her offense is in. Doesn't want to chance losing a midweek game to Northwestern .
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 6,630
Reply with quote  #737 
I was hoping for a midweek game so we could hear from the band
__________________
Dewey/Will_I_Wynn is our forum moderator and is allowing a poster to call for the assassination of our President
LSUsoftballfan

Registered:
Posts: 560
Reply with quote  #738 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lefturns
I think it just goes to show what state Torino feels her offense is in. Doesn't want to chance losing a midweek game to Northwestern .


She pitched last night just to get some work in and maybe because Gorsuch isnt quite 100% ready to go.  As it turns out, Hoover pitched both games of the Saturday double-header because Walljasper got hit in the face during BP Friday night (even though she still pitched Friday night) and it blew up on her on Saturday.  Gorsuch didn't pitch all weekend because she had been sick all week and hadn't practiced.  So last night, Walljasper was called upon, with Sunseri getting 1 out in the 5th.  Gorsuch still probably hadn't pitched enough in practice for the coach to put her in last night.
LSUsoftballfan

Registered:
Posts: 560
Reply with quote  #739 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
I was hoping for a midweek game so we could hear from the band


I can understand this.  But all you have to do is cut and paste anything you have read about any other game and use that at any moment.  If I ever get to a point where my favorite sports team makes me miserable at life, like it appears that it does to the keyboard warriors that post about LSU Softball on this site and on tigerdroppings, then I am going to take up a new hobby. 
BHS83

Registered:
Posts: 97
Reply with quote  #740 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUsoftballfan


I can understand this.  But all you have to do is cut and paste anything you have read about any other game and use that at any moment.  If I ever get to a point where my favorite sports team makes me miserable at life, like it appears that it does to the keyboard warriors that post about LSU Softball on this site and on tigerdroppings, then I am going to take up a new hobby. 


I do not understand why people think that if someone posts an opinion, and it is negative, that person must be beating his head against the wall or very miserable. Such a person would be someone who spent his whole life as a spectator and never played the game. You learn to compartmentalize everything when you play, you learn to disconnect, and you learn though its an important game, its still a game. 


ncaasoftballfan

Registered:
Posts: 80
Reply with quote  #741 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindz
Why is Walljasper pitching in a mid week game vs Northwestern State? 


Because you are fighting to hold your RPI in the level that would allow you to host a regional would be my guess. Because although you are a superior team to Northwestern State the game is still the game and you guys are in a position to need to win as many games as possible down the stretch to hold your Top 16 RPI spot. If she starts someone besides those 2 and loses you'd have asked a completely different question about why she started ........ All the things that we here on the board get to question because we don't have to make those decisions and actually have everyone else see the consequences of our decisions.
BHS83

Registered:
Posts: 97
Reply with quote  #742 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaasoftballfan


Because you are fighting to hold your RPI in the level that would allow you to host a regional would be my guess. Because although you are a superior team to Northwestern State the game is still the game and you guys are in a position to need to win as many games as possible down the stretch to hold your Top 16 RPI spot. If she starts someone besides those 2 and loses you'd have asked a completely different question about why she started ........ All the things that we here on the board get to question because we don't have to make those decisions and actually have everyone else see the consequences of our decisions.



" All the things that we here on the board get to question because we don't have to make those decisions and actually have everyone else see the consequences of our decisions."

Yes, true. Most of what we do is hindsight. The things we throw out are never tested and held down against us, since we are just fans. 

Allie is a good pitcher, she is "safe", has control. 

Good to see Maribeth has gotten her control, and i think Sunseri does too. Beth does well with the pitchers. 

lovsofbal

Registered:
Posts: 1,908
Reply with quote  #743 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichita_Mustangs
3lefturns.....first congrats on nice weekend by your daughter! Do you really believe that someone really just "happened" upon this site? Half the reason I hate to post here....hidden agendas and hidden identities. Most here are so full of sh*t and hide behind a message board. Oh...ya...no call from GRINDZ.....Imagine that..lol


Or from one of his other aliases? 😉 
LSUsoftballfan

Registered:
Posts: 560
Reply with quote  #744 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHS83


I do not understand why people think that if someone posts an opinion, and it is negative, that person must be beating his head against the wall or very miserable. Such a person would be someone who spent his whole life as a spectator and never played the game. You learn to compartmentalize everything when you play, you learn to disconnect, and you learn though its an important game, its still a game. 




I think you know what I mean though.  I lurk on tigerdroppings and post here occasionally.  There are some posters on both sites who ALL they post is negativity. And when they post something sorta positive, it is really a backhanded stab at something or someone.  And some of it is just repeated ad nauseam.  "We never try other lineups.  Certain players are penciled in for life" "We can't hit" blah blah blah.  I am not saying I disagree  or agree, but saying something 1000 times doesn't change anything. Having a negative thought is ok...typing that same negative thought daily numerous times is annoying.

The template for the posts are all the same:

1) Make comment about certain players being penciled in the lineup with no eraser.

2) Make comment about bench players going to waste and "trying something new"

3) Make comment about hating to waste Hoover and Walljasper in their senior year.

4) Make standard comment like "I just hope things get better as the season goes on"

The old rinse and repeat.  
Grindz

Registered:
Posts: 880
Reply with quote  #745 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHS83



" All the things that we here on the board get to question because we don't have to make those decisions and actually have everyone else see the consequences of our decisions."

Yes, true. Most of what we do is hindsight. The things we throw out are never tested and held down against us, since we are just fans. 

Allie is a good pitcher, she is "safe", has control. 

Good to see Maribeth has gotten her control, and i think Sunseri does too. Beth does well with the pitchers. 



Beth is excellent with pitchers. 

I'm excited to see what Sunseri can do for us on the mound. Word is she's really been developing well over the past month. 
BHS83

Registered:
Posts: 97
Reply with quote  #746 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindz


Beth is excellent with pitchers. 

I'm excited to see what Sunseri can do for us on the mound. Word is she's really been developing well over the past month. 


I am not sure how much velocity 'MB and Sunseri have? Low 60s?
Grindz

Registered:
Posts: 880
Reply with quote  #747 
Not sure about Sunseri but MB was hitting from 63-66 a lot, they amped up her velocity this season a little 

 
Sunseri can throw hard, not hoover hard but she has some nice stuff.

Need her and Maribeth to really continue to develop this offseason for next year. Not sure about how much the two new pitchers will do. Kilponen has a nice rise and curve ball apparently. She throws in the mid 60's a lot. 

Not sure how hard Wickersham's ball is. When I saw her play it was consistently in the low 60's but then another time was around 65-66 a lot. Its been a little all over the place in terms of velocity. 

Mt. Carmel seems to be off this year, not sure if its because of Wickersham
BHS83

Registered:
Posts: 97
Reply with quote  #748 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindz
Not sure about Sunseri but MB was hitting from 63-66 a lot, they amped up her velocity this season a little 

 
Sunseri can throw hard, not hoover hard but she has some nice stuff.

Need her and Maribeth to really continue to develop this offseason for next year. Not sure about how much the two new pitchers will do. Kilponen has a nice rise and curve ball apparently. She throws in the mid 60's a lot. 

Not sure how hard Wickersham's ball is. When I saw her play it was consistently in the low 60's but then another time was around 65-66 a lot. Its been a little all over the place in terms of velocity. 

Mt. Carmel seems to be off this year, not sure if its because of Wickersham


We stopped getting the Times Picayune, but they never were big on softball coverage. We get the Advocate now, and i do believe it is better. I havent had time to go to any games, even though I am in NOLA. 

Velocity is important. Lowary at Oklahoma is a nightmare for left-handers, throwing 74 mph, coming from the left side... it makes a difference. Ricketts and Escabedo both throw in the 70s, as does Abbott, Garcia, and Hoover. 

Going to be interesting to see what MB and Sunseri turn out like next year, but they are already showing signs of control and maturity. Beth has done well with them.


Grindz

Registered:
Posts: 880
Reply with quote  #749 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHS83


We stopped getting the Times Picayune, but they never were big on softball coverage. We get the Advocate now, and i do believe it is better. I havent had time to go to any games, even though I am in NOLA. 

Velocity is important. Lowary at Oklahoma is a nightmare for left-handers, throwing 74 mph, coming from the left side... it makes a difference. Ricketts and Escabedo both throw in the 70s, as does Abbott, Garcia, and Hoover. 

Going to be interesting to see what MB and Sunseri turn out like next year, but they are already showing signs of control and maturity. Beth has done well with them.




I just hope the offense next year can somehow show some support for its pitchers. Curious what Beth will do this offseason 
SmileyAnders

Registered:
Posts: 960
Reply with quote  #750 
LSU wins 2-0, not surprisingly quiet in the LSU softball thread.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.