Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 6 of 6     «   Prev   3   4   5   6
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,758
Reply with quote  #151 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scupino
Did you say mound?



ye, i'm old
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 1,844
Reply with quote  #152 

<< BREAKING
Kelly Barnhill spotted in local Dicks Sporting goods buy Navy and Red Underarmor  and a weighted left diving shoe.
Developing...... >> (ratz19)


Funny stuff.

HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 1,844
Reply with quote  #153 
Breaking news....

KB has announced that she will forego her senior year at Florida... 
and is leaving the sport of softball.

She will now be focusing all her time and energy... 
into becoming a member of the U.S. Olympic team...

in the long jump event. 










; )
34sDad

Registered:
Posts: 128
Reply with quote  #154 
Triple jump would better suit her.  
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 15,453
Reply with quote  #155 
34 clocks 44, er, Hammer
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,305
Reply with quote  #156 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


It seems there are a few that seem to take that line. However, the overwhelming sentiment on this board is the opposite. Even from critical posters.

There is at least one fact which isn't debatable: 

Her personal on-field successes are because she is allowed to pitch under a different set of Rules. Thus, the correct perception is, any credit is tainted. 

Agree or not, it's not hate. Any program/Florida or any player/Barnhill at the top of their game will always have detractors. Everybody wants a shot at the Title.

All the rhetoric aside, most understand how good she is. Poster Fresh mostly states it best when he says...most likely nothing will be done about so everybody needs to just move on. 

She's got one more year. While I have personally been critical, I still look forward to watching her play. Another certainty is EVERYBODY will be thankful she's on the Mound come Team USA time.






I look forward to watching this star "athlete" field her position.
G8terfan23

Registered:
Posts: 2,302
Reply with quote  #157 
I look forward to the PAC 12 " powerhouse" going back to the wcws.
whatusmokin

Registered:
Posts: 237
Reply with quote  #158 
Come on folks, she is not leaving Florida! She was awarded an internship at the Florida Dept of Agriculture where she will work with the farmers hurricane recovery unit.

According to the Agriculture Commissioner Adam H. Putnam, she was awarded the internship as no one has ever seen a better working resume of replanting than her. Some of those who worked around her are still a bit confused as they have not seen her demonstrate her skill. One person interviewed, Craig Hyde, claims that the group he represents, who have worked with her extensively in the past have seen only minimal effort to demonstrate her skill as have most UF alum and supporters.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,305
Reply with quote  #159 
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8terfan23
I look forward to the PAC 12 " powerhouse" going back to the wcws.


Lmao at the tears.
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 1,844
Reply with quote  #160 
<< Triple jump would better suit her. >> (34sDad)


Are you saying that she...  replants  (thus it's a double jump on each pitch she throws)..?


If so,  then yes,  that would make her better suited for the  triple jump.
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 1,844
Reply with quote  #161 
<< Come on folks, she is not leaving Florida! She was awarded an internship at the Florida Dept of Agriculture where she will work with the farmers hurricane recovery unit. 
According to the Agriculture Commissioner Adam H. Putnam, she was awarded the internship as no one has ever seen a better working resume of replanting than her. >> (whatusmokin)


Just beautiful. 
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 1,844
Reply with quote  #162 
<< She's got one more year. While I have personally been critical, I still look forward to watching her play. Another certainty is EVERYBODY will be thankful she's on the Mound come Team USA time. >> (outofzone)


I'm not sure you should say  EVERYBODY...

KB has had some issues with coming through in the big moment.
That does not exactly bode well for how she might handle a key moment in the OLYMPIC games.
For a softball player... does a moment get any bigger than that..?
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,758
Reply with quote  #163 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryLouisAaron
<< She's got one more year. While I have personally been critical, I still look forward to watching her play. Another certainty is EVERYBODY will be thankful she's on the Mound come Team USA time. >> (outofzone)


I'm not sure you should say  EVERYBODY...

KB has had some issues with coming through in the big moment.
That does not exactly bode well for how she might handle a key moment in the OLYMPIC games.
For a softball player... does a moment get any bigger than that..?


Probably not but, in taking the high road with my post I wanted to be inclusive. 

However, when Barnhill gets rattled via an IP call or HR, she tends to wonder back to major leaping & replanting. That might serve her well in an International tough spot.
smcouvillion

Registered:
Posts: 342
Reply with quote  #164 
https://twitter.com/kkatlyn111/status/1006214271330672642

She is not leaving the program.
GatorGrad05

Registered:
Posts: 32
Reply with quote  #165 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcouvillion
https://twitter.com/kkatlyn111/status/1006214271330672642

She is not leaving the program.


She never was.

But, somehow, that won't be the end of this useless and passive-aggressive thread.
ChinMusic

Registered:
Posts: 902
Reply with quote  #166 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorGrad05


She never was.

But, somehow, that won't be the end of this useless and passive-aggressive thread.


+1. Crazy that people are still buying into this a-holes fabricated attention grab.
Oger

Registered:
Posts: 14
Reply with quote  #167 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarong3000
So you believe that they gave her the female college athlete of the year trophy as a sophomore because ESPN has the SEC network, WTF. Its sad that y'all refuse to give her any credit for her success because you all have some personal bias towards her!
GatorGrad05

Registered:
Posts: 32
Reply with quote  #168 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinMusic


+1. Crazy that people are still buying into this a-holes fabricated attention grab.


Yep.

They buy it because it gives them the chance for their routine and mostly baseless criticism of KB.  I guess since there's no more live action, the haters figure they got to get it where they can . . .   It reminds me so much of Tim Tebow.  Another one who never said or did anything to warrant the levels of vitriol thrown at him.  Oh well.  We'll see what pointless KB thread appears next.
Oger

Registered:
Posts: 14
Reply with quote  #169 
I have zero bias towards her personally. My issue is with her pitching illegally with every pitch and she's not being called out for it by the NCAA. As far as I'm concerned her record will forever have an asterisk next to it.
GatorGrad05

Registered:
Posts: 32
Reply with quote  #170 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oger
I have zero bias towards her personally. My issue is with her pitching illegally with every pitch and she's not being called out for it by the NCAA. As far as I'm concerned her record will forever have an asterisk next to it.


Exhibit #3848457475847584785.

Point missed again.

Do you make and/or respond to the multiple other pitchers who people on this very board admit do the very same thing?  Likely not. But go on.  Keep illustrating the absurdity of this thread.  You aren't even acknowledging the OP.  Nope.  Just another reminder and rehash of the same old, same old.  Gotta get it in when you can huh?  
Oger

Registered:
Posts: 14
Reply with quote  #171 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorGrad05


Exhibit #3848457475847584785.

Point missed again.

Do you make and/or respond to the multiple other pitchers who people on this very board admit do the very same thing?  Likely not. But go on.  Keep illustrating the absurdity of this thread.  You aren't even acknowledging the OP.  Nope.  Just another reminder and rehash of the same old, same old.  Gotta get it in when you can huh?  


Just pointing out the fact that she is the most egregious offender of the rule in the NCAA. Keep drinking that koolaide though.
kazoo

Registered:
Posts: 492
Reply with quote  #172 

There is no hate toward Barnhill. Fact is, she pitches illegally and that's why she's she's been so successful. 

__________________
vance law
DunninLA

Registered:
Posts: 5,129
Reply with quote  #173 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorGrad05

 It reminds me so much of Tim Tebow.  .
pretty damaging example.  The criticisms of Tebow turned out to be right on... he was never trained to be, or good at, the skills required to be an NFL quaterback.   

The criticisms of KB in regard to illegal pitching are right on.   all the other criticisms are a matter of opinion.  I also don't know her, have nothing to say about personality or any of that, but illegal pitching has bothered me for years, and always will... and the most illegal of pitchers in any given year will always take heat from me or anybody else that cares about the integrity of the game.

I have also written criticisms of Walton for the "lean into the pitch in the river with your armor" emphasis years.  For the same reason.   It goes against the spirit of the game, and that archaic British concept of "fair play".   Just because something is legal doesn't mean it honors the spirit of the game.

__________________
qui tacet consentire videtur
PH2

Registered:
Posts: 523
Reply with quote  #174 
Tebow also did that jump pass thing, so the comparison is spot on. [biggrin]
CrowHop

Registered:
Posts: 211
Reply with quote  #175 
I think the only way this will be resolved is....wait until the 2019 season and see if KB is there toeing the plate.
__________________
Your pitcher is illegal.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.