Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 13,138
Reply with quote  #1 
I think this is deserving of its own thread.

I think many are missing the importance of the Kanye story.

Kanye will never be a Republican and he will never stop being half-crazy.  Those on the right that are hoping he's coming over to that side need to settle down.

The most important thing Kanye is doing, and it's scaring the sh1t out of the left, is that he is waking up to the idea that independent thought is critical.  For far too long, minorities have allowed the left to do their thinking for them.  Kanye has discovered that it hasn't benefitted the factions that are most important to him.

If this whole independent thought idea takes off and people really start digging into the past and how the left has completely abused minorities for centuries, it's going to be very ugly for them.

__________________
Will I Wynn is a poster who used to go by the name of Dewey.  He used to criticize people who did that.

"Once you open your eyes, it's impossible to be a Democrat." - CJ Pearson
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,889
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61
I think this is deserving of its own thread.

I think many are missing the importance of the Kanye story.

Kanye will never be a Republican and he will never stop being half-crazy.  Those on the right that are hoping he's coming over to that side need to settle down.

The most important thing Kanye is doing, and it's scaring the sh1t out of the left, is that he is waking up to the idea that independent thought is critical.  For far too long, minorities have allowed the left to do their thinking for them.  Kanye has discovered that it hasn't benefitted the factions that are most important to him.

If this whole independent thought idea takes off and people really start digging into the past and how the left has completely abused minorities for centuries, it's going to be very ugly for them.

I never thought of Kayne as coming over anywhere.  Just like posting some of the better things he is saying right now as it really cranks up the left and sends them into orbit.

The republicans are definitely half crazy, seems Kayne may be trying to fit in.  They are still way more sane the Dems who struggle to manage 3/4 crazy standard.

It is a major important debate.  This type of debate has happened in the past, but is even more important at this point in time.  We are just breaking free of a huge thought control experiment. 

As the algorithms and big data systems took off in their abilities in the 2012-2015 timeframe it became possible to mass push agenda on platforms like google, facebook.  At that same time CNN and the rest of the MSM were effectively hypnotized by the obummer admin, and they willing jumped fully into bed. 

The financial crises left over from 2008, and massive jump in taxes and ocare, put a lot of financial strain on families.  They did not have much time to pay attention to politics.  So the shoved agenda seemed to really take hold.

Now you are seeing large groups of society wake up to this fact and reject the liberal agenda lock stock and barrel.


__________________
Just say no to dullards    
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 2,904
Reply with quote  #3 
Independent thought would lead one to accept the possibility an ally notifying our FBI about possible foreign intrusion might actually be doing so out of concern for American security rather than for the purpose of taking down the Trump campaign.

The real reason Trump supporters are swooning over Kanye is they believe both have been subjected to a bad rap.

__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.  Also, claims I moderate this discussion forum are untrue.


     "In these times, I believe that social media has become evil."
Not sure we must blanket all social media but when anonymous adults attack other anonymous adults on the internet, one has to wonder what chance our kids have.

 Trump should be honest with the American people.


Lovemesomesoftball

Registered:
Posts: 5,791
Reply with quote  #4 

 

The importance of Kanye's story is he has a right to his opinion. 

Funny how the right is quick to defend his right to speak. While they remained silent when high profile right leaning individuals to black athletes, and entertainers to shut up. Also funny how quickly high profile left leaning individuals were quick to tell Kanye to shut up.

Kanye is not an independent thinker. He is a celebrated who beat the odds. In doing so he was told over, and over again he could not reach certain goals. While most entertainers not born into the business face challenges, he probably faced more due to his skin color. He made it and doesn't understand why others have not. He doubled down yesterday by claiming slavery was a choice. 

While I am considered black, my journey was different than Kanye. I grow up in a affluent suburb, lived in a predominately white neighborhood. I grow up in an area that celebrated what makes everyone unique. Kanye grew up in an area strongly effected by segregation. Very poor, barely over the poverty line, and middle class individuals living in a high density populated area. 

There are all types of individuals, personalities with dreams but at a very early age most people from those communities are told to consider something more practical. Heck I was told the same thing just not over and over again. 

What that really means is "your black ass can't do that so find something else"

So say you are an 8 year old black kid who loves ice skating. The number of people black and white who will tell you you can't succeed or have a career doing this is great. Yes, once you break the barrier everyone and their dog is out there cheering you on.

If you are a black girl and decided you were interested in Archeology it is likely you will be discouraged. 

I am sure poor whites, Asians, Latinos face discouragement but I have been in those worlds. I know the difference. The discouragement in the black community comes from

1. Self hatred - There are so many who look at another black and have so much self hatred, that they can't imagine someone who looks like them being successful. Some terms that I heard in my personal journey was
"Why you acting white"
"Black folks don't do that"
"Niggas always trying be something they not"

Now if you hear this once twice when you are older, it is easier to deal with but some people talk to toddlers this way.

2. Prejudice from Whites

Imagine beating the odds and finally getting out the neighbor hood to excel and be the person you want to be and  then some person discriminates against you due to your skin color. 

Think every black person who went to college experienced messing up on a test, just like any other person. Then hearing:

"You may want to change your major, the other students are superior in this area"

"You went to a public school in (name large city)?

People tend to tell you how to be black when you are black. It doesn't matter if they are liberal or conservative. Many have set views on what is is to be a me and if I don't fit into that perfect square or circle they try to re-shape me.

Kanye made it to the top f his field and seriously he probably can look back at all the people who wished he would just shut up and work at the post office. That what he probably considers being a free thinker.

That is the same logic that had him get up and grab the award from Taylor Swift. People said she was the best in the field and he was like, no someone else deserves this.

This being said, you can be awesome person. Living on the South Side of Chicago. Defy all the negative talk, and acts thrown at you. You can believe in yourself and still fall short. I didn't work hard to make it out the suburbs. I am being honest. My path was smoother. 

I wouldn't say that someone who hasn't made it as far as me is not a free thinker, not smarter etc. I understand the difficulties. I also wouldn't say just because a person comes from a certain area they get a free pass. I know some people don't do anything to advance themselves. 

This as many topics isn't something that has a right or wrong answer.  Yet as we discuss free thinking, especially on the Internet. Many would like to put it into Box A or B, Left or Right, Conservative or Liberal. 

 

See you guys in another year. I'm out!

 

Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 3,365
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemesomesoftball

 

The importance of Kanye's story is he has a right to his opinion. 

Funny how the right is quick to defend his right to speak. While they remained silent when high profile right leaning individuals to black athletes, and entertainers to shut up. Also funny how quickly high profile left leaning individuals were quick to tell Kanye to shut up.

Kanye is not an independent thinker. He is a celebrated who beat the odds. In doing so he was told over, and over again he could not reach certain goals. While most entertainers not born into the business face challenges, he probably faced more due to his skin color. He made it and doesn't understand why others have not. He doubled down yesterday by claiming slavery was a choice. 

While I am considered black, my journey was different than Kanye. I grow up in a affluent suburb, lived in a predominately white neighborhood. I grow up in an area that celebrated what makes everyone unique. Kanye grew up in an area strongly effected by segregation. Very poor, barely over the poverty line, and middle class individuals living in a high density populated area. 

There are all types of individuals, personalities with dreams but at a very early age most people from those communities are told to consider something more practical. Heck I was told the same thing just not over and over again. 

What that really means is "your black ass can't do that so find something else"

So say you are an 8 year old black kid who loves ice skating. The number of people black and white who will tell you you can't succeed or have a career doing this is great. Yes, once you break the barrier everyone and their dog is out there cheering you on.

If you are a black girl and decided you were interested in Archeology it is likely you will be discouraged. 

I am sure poor whites, Asians, Latinos face discouragement but I have been in those worlds. I know the difference. The discouragement in the black community comes from

1. Self hatred - There are so many who look at another black and have so much self hatred, that they can't imagine someone who looks like them being successful. Some terms that I heard in my personal journey was
"Why you acting white"
"Black folks don't do that"
"Niggas always trying be something they not"

Now if you hear this once twice when you are older, it is easier to deal with but some people talk to toddlers this way.

2. Prejudice from Whites

Imagine beating the odds and finally getting out the neighbor hood to excel and be the person you want to be and  then some person discriminates against you due to your skin color. 

Think every black person who went to college experienced messing up on a test, just like any other person. Then hearing:

"You may want to change your major, the other students are superior in this area"

"You went to a public school in (name large city)?

People tend to tell you how to be black when you are black. It doesn't matter if they are liberal or conservative. Many have set views on what is is to be a me and if I don't fit into that perfect square or circle they try to re-shape me.

Kanye made it to the top f his field and seriously he probably can look back at all the people who wished he would just shut up and work at the post office. That what he probably considers being a free thinker.

That is the same logic that had him get up and grab the award from Taylor Swift. People said she was the best in the field and he was like, no someone else deserves this.

This being said, you can be awesome person. Living on the South Side of Chicago. Defy all the negative talk, and acts thrown at you. You can believe in yourself and still fall short. I didn't work hard to make it out the suburbs. I am being honest. My path was smoother. 

I wouldn't say that someone who hasn't made it as far as me is not a free thinker, not smarter etc. I understand the difficulties. I also wouldn't say just because a person comes from a certain area they get a free pass. I know some people don't do anything to advance themselves. 

This as many topics isn't something that has a right or wrong answer.  Yet as we discuss free thinking, especially on the Internet. Many would like to put it into Box A or B, Left or Right, Conservative or Liberal. 

 

See you guys in another year. I'm out!

 




I would greatly appreciate it if you check back in more often. I for one miss your insight and thought provoking experiences. 

Good to hear from you again, and best wishes!

__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,925
Reply with quote  #6 
Anything Kanye might think or say has little importance to me. Free thought is fine, the absence of reason and common sense blurted from your mouth is another. He just talks. Don't object to it, just have no use for it. He actually said slavery sounds like it might have been a choice. Come on. 
__________________
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,889
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal
The last 50 years has been a choice, that's his point.  Ever read and Malcolm X, Quanell X or Thomas Sowell?  Nah, why would you do that old fool.  Tired of living on the Democrats Plantation.  Doubt you read it but it's spelled out here what Kanyae was saying.  You keep thinking that he's talking about physical slavery you old fool.


Chief Keef Meme - Imgflip

Does getting off the Dem plantation mean you have to do work?  If yes, don't tell Scotty's wife.  She will definitely send him off to work.

__________________
Just say no to dullards    
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,925
Reply with quote  #8 
How about this one.

In reference to Martin Luther King Jr., and Malcolm X, he added: “Man, I know this is going to cause an uproar, but certain icons are just too far in the past and not relatable and that’s what makes them safe.”

 

__________________
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 29,187
Reply with quote  #9 
What about it?
__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 29,187
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
Anything Kanye might think or say has little importance to me. Free thought is fine, the absence of reason and common sense blurted from your mouth is another. He just talks. Don't object to it, just have no use for it. 


But yet, here you are internet searching Kanye.  Come on Mr. Paula

__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 9,159
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_1



I would greatly appreciate it if you check back in more often. I for one miss your insight and thought provoking experiences. 

Good to hear from you again, and best wishes!


Ditto.  Don't wait a year.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 6,785
Reply with quote  #12 
Fresh is big on showing us Kanye’s comments, but offers no analysis.

Real deep responses there.
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 2,904
Reply with quote  #13 
Believe me, the angry Right wasn't silent when black players were kneeling.
__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.  Also, claims I moderate this discussion forum are untrue.


     "In these times, I believe that social media has become evil."
Not sure we must blanket all social media but when anonymous adults attack other anonymous adults on the internet, one has to wonder what chance our kids have.

 Trump should be honest with the American people.


TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 6,785
Reply with quote  #14 
Damn straight - and we explained why it bothered us. We complained when players of all colors kneeled - your subtle racial jab was unwarranted and disgusting.

Dems would rather whine and complain than actually analyze what is said and why it bothers them.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 29,187
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
Believe me, the angry Right wasn't silent when black players were kneeling.


Didn't give a phuck if they would have been white players, racist.  Duaine again compares apples to kumquats 

__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,925
Reply with quote  #16 
Pretty obvious what I find offensive and ignorant about Kanye. Give me a break, his comments speak for themselves. I won't give them any respect by discussing them. Repulsive, ignorant remarks.
__________________
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 6,785
Reply with quote  #17 
Easy to say that and not explain why.  Typical dem response for a man of color thinking independently.  Image how many times any of us would be called racist if we disrespected a person of colors remarks.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 29,187
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Georgia
Believe me, the Right wasn't silent when black players were kneeling.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paula
Pretty obvious what I find offensive and ignorant about Kanye. Give me a break, his comments speak for themselves. I won't give them any respect by discussing them. Repulsive, ignorant remarks.


What is obvious is that you aren't confident enough in your beliefs to voice them but would rather hold your prejudice and racism inside vs. justify your beliefs.  The only thing repulsive and ignorant here is your racism w/o justification

__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.