Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 25,203
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazsdad
People that rail against this memo either. A. Never read it. B. Are so blinded by their SJW agenda they cannot wrap their mind around rational thought.


=

terpalum

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 8,946
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazsdad
People that rail against this memo either. A. Never read it. B. Are so blinded by their SJW agenda they cannot wrap their mind around rational thought.

Honestly, to me.  it seems you guys are not working with very many millennials.  

This is an absolute true story.  We have what is called a Lean Lunch.  First 5 minutes, everyone writes their discussion topic to be on sticky notes.   Those are stuck on the wall.  Then there is a 5 minute window of voting which topics were the most popular. 

The hard timelines were added because the first attempt at a Lean Lunch, they never finished the topic writing section.  60 minutes, those that work start standing up go to work, and the meeting organizer is panting about cause they were not done.   So hence hard limits, or 'we will never get to the discussions part'. 

The topics that won:
- Topic 1:  Some men are dribbling pee on the floor near the mens urinal.  (15 minutes.  Is it real pee or just water droplets from the urinal... on and on ... ). 
- Topic 2: How do we use more inclusive language when providing feedback to others on their work output.  Notice that term 'work output'.  45 of 50 people in the company write code.  Initially they were discussing code review techniques.  But one person in the room was not a coder, and she felt excluded by the terms.  She just kept mumbling 'language matters, terms mater, they make people feel excluded' until we change to Feedback on Work Output.  Anyway the main output is that when you are criticizing someone else's code you have to say 'We have not done a good job of understanding the problem at hand.'  Instead of saying 'The code you wrote here sucks.'  40 minutes on this topic.  

Mind numbing.  They are actually a very productive team.  I think our generation went to the bar and drank.  These guys run, jog, climb, and so these inane meetings are their gluten free stress relief.

__________________
I'm more getting a sense that willie wynn is dewey is a F'n loser. 
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 1,139
Reply with quote  #33 
Report on household income:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/09/12/household-incomes-rise-3-2-2016-2nd-straight-increase/655310001/

__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.




EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 5,220
Reply with quote  #34 
dewy, it's gotta be really weird in your head right now, what with you knowing that everyone knows willie is you.
But you continue to post under the willie name. Do you find that you are getting better replies as willie, worse replies, or exactly what you would get as dewy?

__________________
"Dewey's attempt to return:  The biggest scandal on the UCS forum in 2017." 
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 5,220
Reply with quote  #35 
And fresh, just to save you some time, gfy. Thanks in advance for that.
__________________
"Dewey's attempt to return:  The biggest scandal on the UCS forum in 2017." 
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 8,946
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce
And fresh, just to save you some time, gfy. Thanks in advance for that.

Always liked that about you, saving time like that.

__________________
I'm more getting a sense that willie wynn is dewey is a F'n loser. 
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 5,220
Reply with quote  #37 
#MR.EXPEDITIOUS
__________________
"Dewey's attempt to return:  The biggest scandal on the UCS forum in 2017." 
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 5,220
Reply with quote  #38 
Thank you.
__________________
"Dewey's attempt to return:  The biggest scandal on the UCS forum in 2017." 
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 3,371
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce
And fresh, just to save you some time, gfy. Thanks in advance for that.


Sorry guys, I'm going to have to quit making pointless posts just to blast you guys. What's a girl to do? I realize how powerful your thoughts and words are. Thank you.

Looks like Obama did quite a job digging us out of that hole the republicans allowed the bankers to throw us in. Beginning of the end of greedy bankers day was 8 years ago. Looks like president Goldman Sachs will almost assuredley throw us right back into that hole with his tax breaks intended for the most needy in the country.......bankers, business owners and stock brokers. Halleluah!!!!!

__________________
The previous comment is an opinion. It came as the result of a lifetime of keen observation and spectacular failures. I did conclude this; hopefully, we learn as much from failure as we do from our accomplishments.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 8,946
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh


Sorry guys, I'm going to have to quit making pointless posts just to blast you guys. What's a girl to do? I realize how powerful your thoughts and words are. Thank you.

Looks like Obama did quite a job digging us out of that hole the republicans allowed the bankers to throw us in. Beginning of the end of greedy bankers day was 8 years ago. Looks like president Goldman Sachs will almost assuredley throw us right back into that hole with his tax breaks intended for the most needy in the country.......bankers, business owners and stock brokers. Halleluah!!!!!

So much for saving some time.

__________________
I'm more getting a sense that willie wynn is dewey is a F'n loser. 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,469
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh


Sorry guys, I'm going to have to quit making pointless posts just to blast you guys. What's a girl to do? I realize how powerful your thoughts and words are. Thank you.

Looks like Obama did quite a job digging us out of that hole the republicans allowed the bankers to throw us in. Beginning of the end of greedy bankers day was 8 years ago. Looks like president Goldman Sachs will almost assuredley throw us right back into that hole with his tax breaks intended for the most needy in the country.......bankers, business owners and stock brokers. Halleluah!!!!!


In 2008, Goldman Sachs donated over $1 million to Obama.
In 2016, Goldman Sachs donated over $340K to Clinton.

Obama dug us out of nothing.  The hole was created not by Republicans but by Chris Dodd and Barney Frank.  The greedy bankers then monetized their stupidity and built a house of cards on it.

Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 3,371
Reply with quote  #42 
Oh, you guys. Quit it.
__________________
The previous comment is an opinion. It came as the result of a lifetime of keen observation and spectacular failures. I did conclude this; hopefully, we learn as much from failure as we do from our accomplishments.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,821
Reply with quote  #43 
Facts are tough for Fresh
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 5,541
Reply with quote  #44 
I bet you could even find a CNN article showing culapbility by Dodd and Frank. It's pretty much common knowledge how the housing bubble was formed and how it went down.
Silly Pop n Fresh

__________________
#SCOTUS

pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,469
Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
Oh, you guys. Quit it.


What?  Quit using facts?  Should we argue like you, with nothing but feelings and emotions?
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 3,371
Reply with quote  #46 
Words are not necessarily facts. A guy in a car on a cell phone is not proof. Attack the messenger. You wouldn't know a fact if it hit you in your opinionated ass. 

It's pretty much common knowledge how the housing bubble was formed and how it went down. 

Yeah, greedy brokers bundling mortgages with false documentation. How did some banks resist the urge to gouge? They made money the old fashioned way. They earned it.

__________________
The previous comment is an opinion. It came as the result of a lifetime of keen observation and spectacular failures. I did conclude this; hopefully, we learn as much from failure as we do from our accomplishments.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,469
Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
Words are not necessarily facts. A guy in a car on a cell phone is not proof. Attack the messenger. You wouldn't know a fact if it hit you in your opinionated ass. 

It's pretty much common knowledge how the housing bubble was formed and how it went down. 

Yeah, greedy brokers bundling mortgages with false documentation. How did some banks resist the urge to gouge? They made money the old fashioned way. They earned it.


$1 million to Obama from Goldman is a fact.  Yet, you claim that Republicans are in bed with the bankers.

We agree on the greedy brokers part.  Where you're wrong is how the bad loans were conceived in the first place which you pinned on Republicans with no facts or proof.  Yet, it's a fact that Dodd and Frank pressured Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to lower their lending standards so that more people could afford loans.  Those were bad loans as most 8th graders would have been able to figure out.

There - those are known facts.  And my opinionated ass knows it.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,821
Reply with quote  #48 
Remember when we posted the different times GWB warned of the crash Dodd/Frank would create?
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,469
Reply with quote  #49 
Remember the videos of Barney Frank insisting that Freddie and Fannie were just fine?
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,469
Reply with quote  #50 
Remember the videos of Barney Frank insisting that Freddie and Fannie were just fine?
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 25,203
Reply with quote  #51 
old man fresh rehashing 8 year old arguments made by dewy and joiseyGuy verbatim, then seeing you guys swat them down again, verbatim, is sort of fun
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
woody

Registered:
Posts: 9,514
Reply with quote  #52 
I see that there all women colleges, but I didn't see the all male colleges.
__________________
Rats flee from the sinking vessel. They traverse nimbly upon a rope, safely cleated to the dock, that is private enterprise. Socialism is dead, and tits up in the water. A bloated, death show, for rubberneckers of all classes to view.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
woody

Registered:
Posts: 9,514
Reply with quote  #53 
The college down the road from me used to be all black. Now they give reduced tuition and scholarships to attract non black students.
__________________
Rats flee from the sinking vessel. They traverse nimbly upon a rope, safely cleated to the dock, that is private enterprise. Socialism is dead, and tits up in the water. A bloated, death show, for rubberneckers of all classes to view.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 8,946
Reply with quote  #54 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpAlum
Oh yeah. If you did not have affirmative action, there would not be women's college sports, and you would not have this board to whine on. Forgot that.

Address specific inequities as they come up.   Ignore across the board whining.  

Women that leave work to have babies, and stay beyond the 6 weeks will naturally find their salaries reduced.  My female boss where I was working when we had kids, returned to work in 4 weeks.  She definitely had no problem becoming a VP and making all the money she wants.  

My wife wanted to take time off to 'raise' the kids.  She was managing 15 person financial departments of medium sized companies.  After 6 months it was clear that staying at home was making her nutty as a loon.  So she went back to work, but only 3 days a week.  4 years of that and she was really just a individual contributor from them.  Probably made 1/2 the salary she was making at age 30. 

I am just not seeing an inequity that needs to be addressed in this case.


__________________
I'm more getting a sense that willie wynn is dewey is a F'n loser. 
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 4,062
Reply with quote  #55 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpAlum
Oh yeah. If you did not have affirmative action, there would not be women's college sports, and you would not have this board to whine on. Forgot that.

WTF?! Please explain how racial preference advanced women's college sports.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.