Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
breauxbridgecajun

Registered:
Posts: 594
Reply with quote  #31 
And then there was you, like a said a jerk. 
__________________
Louisiana Ragin Cajuns
ChinMusic

Registered:
Posts: 592
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by breauxbridgecajun
And then there was you, like a said a jerk. 


🤕 Ouch! That’s going to leave a mark you silver tongued devil!
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,109
Reply with quote  #33 
Sorry to get back to the original story, but it seems some ULL players are claiming Title IX violations by the university, and fear retaliation.

http://espn1420.com/ul-softball-players-claim-university-violated-title-ix/

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
The truth is, you WANT Bill to have raped her, so you believe it.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,461
Reply with quote  #34 

This may shut up some of the ULL deniers...

<<The University, through their Office of Communications and Marketing, released the following statement in response to the softball team's allegation of "possible Title IX violations".

"The University of Louisiana at Lafayette complies with the mandate of Title IX and is committed to maintaining an environment of equal opportunity for both genders in all areas of university life.">>
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,461
Reply with quote  #35 
Suddenly, I don't hear all the mudbug yahoos derisively dismissing my criticism of them having NEITHER a warning track NOR a padded wall, like the sausagefest over at baseball has
CajunAmos

Registered:
Posts: 1,025
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Suddenly, I don't hear all the mudbug yahoos derisively dismissing my criticism of them having NEITHER a warning track NOR a padded wall, like the sausagefest over at baseball has


Pretty sure that wasn't one of the four to five items referenced, but good try! [wink]
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,461
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunAmos


Pretty sure that wasn't one of the four to five items referenced, but good try! [wink]
Guarantee you that's in the mix
rudymartinez

Registered:
Posts: 440
Reply with quote  #38 
I don't think all parties are getting lawyered up over a warning track and wooden fence. As I previously mentioned something smells fishy. So Lefty don't throw your arm out patting yourself on the back just yet.
midwestfp

Registered:
Posts: 541
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns

This may shut up some of the ULL deniers...

<<The University, through their Office of Communications and Marketing, released the following statement in response to the softball team's allegation of "possible Title IX violations".

"The University of Louisiana at Lafayette complies with the mandate of Title IX and is committed to maintaining an environment of equal opportunity for both genders in all areas of university life.">>


I don't think that's necessarily conclusive proof as regards the official name of the school, but it certainly means that taking umbrage over anyone else's use of "ULL" is now pretty much ridiculous.   
ChinMusic

Registered:
Posts: 592
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestfp


I don't think that's necessarily conclusive proof as regards the official name of the school, but it certainly means that taking umbrage over anyone else's use of "ULL" is now pretty much ridiculous.   


Now?
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 10,012
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Guarantee you that's in the mix


Lefty, you really said this?
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,109
Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Guarantee you that's in the mix


Probably a mix of overall facilities/support/salaries/upkeep and things like that.

Doesn't look good for any of the parties involved.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
The truth is, you WANT Bill to have raped her, so you believe it.
midwestfp

Registered:
Posts: 541
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator


Probably a mix of overall facilities/support/salaries/upkeep and things like that.

Doesn't look good for any of the parties involved.


Does not look good for the university.  I think it looks great for coach Lotief.  He's fighting for his players.  Fighting for the program.  
PH2

Registered:
Posts: 305
Reply with quote  #44 
If he's complaining about the grass being cut, likely the lack of a warning track and padded wall is part of his list of grievances.  At worst, even if it's far down the list of importance, it's more evidence of how women's sports are treated differently.
Wilmer1

Registered:
Posts: 186
Reply with quote  #45 
Maybe this is all planned smoke and mirrors on Lotief's part to deflect from something more grievous on his part in this matter?  Get the press release out about him fighting for his players and showing what a champion for women's equity he is while the whole time his suspension was for something completely different than what was in his lawyer's statement?  Something just isn't right here. 
   
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 10,012
Reply with quote  #46 
Wilmer, wake-up - you're dreaming..........
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,461
Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH2
If he's complaining about the grass being cut, likely the lack of a warning track and padded wall is part of his list of grievances.  At worst, even if it's far down the list of importance, it's more evidence of how women's sports are treated differently.
Absolutely
SunbeltDad

Registered:
Posts: 1
Reply with quote  #48 
For the level of program and stature in NCAA Softball, rising above MID-MAJOR labeling to truly be talked about year in and year out as a Perennial Powerhouse, it's sad that coach has to fight for anything.  They should be asking him what his wish list is every year and simply getting it done for him and the SB Program.

I can honestly say, that the LLA FIELD, is NOT as good as my kids HS "Field", however, both do NOT have a warning track.  Have had two Centerfielders in 5 years tear their labrum during brutal collisions with the wall due to NO WARNING TRACK. It's not icing on a cake, it's a safety feature for the players.  UNBELIEVABLE at this level.



DTBAYOU

Registered:
Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #49 
Sunbelt,

You are so correct.........................................................
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,461
Reply with quote  #50 
Where the heck have you two been???
rudymartinez

Registered:
Posts: 440
Reply with quote  #51 
If it were about mowing the field, you'd have 100 Cajun fans with John Deeres waiting to answer the call. You can't get a hungry student trainer or two to answer the call for trainers at all practices. BTW all D1's avail themselves of student trainers for all sports. And last but not least the wall. The grand Canyon doesn't have a warning track. Make your own argument here. And all you old-timers have always lauded the player who would run through a wall for good old State U. You walk down the sidewalk and fall in a hole, your fault for not paying attention. Crocodile tears.
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 10,012
Reply with quote  #52 
LOL.......

Accurate and to-the-point...........
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,461
Reply with quote  #53 

Mrs. Blue... indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudymartinez
The grand Canyon doesn't have a warning track.

bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 10,012
Reply with quote  #54 
Lefty, you're the easiest one on here to chum..........You'll come up from the depths every time.........[smile]
rudymartinez

Registered:
Posts: 440
Reply with quote  #55 
Lefty I readily admit I'm stupid. However I'm not a whiney snot nosed punk, who wishes to blame everybody and everything for my misfortunes. The bubble wrap salesman called, your order is on the way. Please be careful until then.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,461
Reply with quote  #56 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudymartinez
Lefty I readily admit I'm stupid. However I'm not a whiney snot nosed punk, who wishes to blame everybody and everything for my misfortunes. The bubble wrap salesman called, your order is on the way. Please be careful until then.
Everyone needs to do their jobs. And, in the case of ULL's piece-of-garbage athletic administration, that means taking the softball outfield fence up from sub-high school level.

I am critical to protect the player. You whine to insulate the administration.

Yeah.... I'll wear that like a badge of honor
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 10,012
Reply with quote  #57 
You mean a Barney Fife badge, don't you?

Don't shoot yourself in the foot..........
Keepitreal

Registered:
Posts: 43
Reply with quote  #58 
Rudy, save your breath. 3LTs has to blame others. It is the left coast way as well as the new America. I am never at fault and my misfortunes are always caused by someone else from which I can never overcome.
LCITSH

Registered:
Posts: 2,414
Reply with quote  #59 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepitreal
Rudy, save your breath. 3LTs has to blame others. It is the left coast way as well as the new America. I am never at fault and my misfortunes are always caused by someone else from which I can never overcome.


It still surprises me that people haven't learned that the comments from this person have no value and are not worthy of response.

__________________
Terrell S. Hebert
Louisiana USSSA Church Coordinator
breauxbridgecajun

Registered:
Posts: 594
Reply with quote  #60 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog
You mean a Barney Fife badge, don't you?

Don't shoot yourself in the foot..........



LOL !!!!  Now that was funny, good one. Spot on in reference to 3 left wings comments.

__________________
Louisiana Ragin Cajuns
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.