Ultimate College Softball
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,960
Reply with quote  #1 
No more awning shade after this construction phase is done, but the guy at the NCAA told me the new press box would provide some shade when it's done.




https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Softball/USA-Softball-Hall-of-Fame-Complex/OGE-Energy-Field-Renovations

[Partial-Field]
SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 601
Reply with quote  #2 
Looking forward to seeing the final product 
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,411
Reply with quote  #3 
There will be more shade than there was before, just in the standing-room attendees alone
her1fan

Registered:
Posts: 113
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1janiedough
No more awning shade after this construction phase is done, but the guy at the NCAA told me the new press box would provide some shade when it's done.




https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Softball/USA-Softball-Hall-of-Fame-Complex/OGE-Energy-Field-Renovations

[Partial-Field]

How did they not incorporate a cover for the facility?  A lot of money spent and no protection from the elements... terrible!

1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,960
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
There will be more shade than there was before, just in the standing-room attendees alone



Gosh I hope so...it's brutal out there in the sun!
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,411
Reply with quote  #6 
Fo SHO!
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,960
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Fo SHO!



Lol, but it didn't stop me from renewing my seats again a few minutes ago.[biggrin]
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,411
Reply with quote  #8 
Man....good for you, my friend!
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 1,472
Reply with quote  #9 
Those of us born and raised in Oklahoma can't help but chuckle a little when you left coast folks start crying about our "brutal" weather.

Sorry, janie.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,960
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe
Those of us born and raised in Oklahoma can't help but chuckle a little when you left coast folks start crying about our "brutal" weather.

Sorry, janie.


It's the wall of hot wet air!
LandLottery

Registered:
Posts: 198
Reply with quote  #11 
For those who did not grow up in the Oklahoma fields before the age of air conditioning, let me give you a few pointers.

1.  Get a cheap straw hat.  Straw breathes and is light.  A nice wide brim is nice.  That will shade your head from the sun, and most of the heat is felt due to how much hits the head and face.

2.  Never wear short sleeve shirts or shorts.  Keep the sun off of your skin.  It may offend your neighbors, but go to the game in a loose fitting   long-sleeve cotton shirt and with no deodorant.  You want to sweat a little.  It keeps the heat down, and it won't be that much in one game.  You may want more than one shower a day.

3.  A simple fan is nice.  If it is still, even a gentle breeze is sufficient.

The Oklahoma heat is usually a dry, radiant heat.  We often sat under a tree or on a porch in the shade when it was 105.  In the shade, it isn't that bad.  You can burn up if in the sun.  Shield yourself from the sun.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,960
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandLottery
For those who did not grow up in the Oklahoma fields before the age of air conditioning, let me give you a few pointers.

1.  Get a cheap straw hat.  Straw breathes and is light.  A nice wide brim is nice.  That will shade your head from the sun, and most of the heat is felt due to how much hits the head and face.

2.  Never wear short sleeve shirts or shorts.  Keep the sun off of your skin.  It may offend your neighbors, but go to the game in a loose fitting   long-sleeve cotton shirt and with no deodorant.  You want to sweat a little.  It keeps the heat down, and it won't be that much in one game.  You may want more than one shower a day.

3.  A simple fan is nice.  If it is still, even a gentle breeze is sufficient.

The Oklahoma heat is usually a dry, radiant heat.  We often sat under a tree or on a porch in the shade when it was 105.  In the shade, it isn't that bad.  You can burn up if in the sun.  Shield yourself from the sun.


70-80-90% humidity is not dry. Thanks for the tips.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,823
Reply with quote  #13 
Correct me if I’m wrong but I see nothing about outfield renovations? Dang I just want a nice outfield area - like a scaled down version of a MLB stadium maybe???!

And I know I am a negative nancy but that upper deck seating looks awful. Who wants to be closer to the sun and lightening/rain.
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 1,472
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot
Correct me if I’m wrong but I see nothing about outfield renovations? Dang I just want a nice outfield area - like a scaled down version of a MLB stadium maybe???!

And I know I am a negative nancy but that upper deck seating looks awful. Who wants to be closer to the sun and lightening/rain.


Lightning
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,411
Reply with quote  #15 
Oh, you okies are so cute getting defensive about your sh*thole weather. I live in a place with similar sh*thole weather from June till october... just own it
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 1,472
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Oh, you okies are so cute getting defensive about your sh*thole weather. I live in a place with similar sh*thole weather from June till october... just own it


But our sh*thole weather is better than your sh*thole weather.
CrowHop

Registered:
Posts: 271
Reply with quote  #17 
Everybody complains about the weather, but nobody actually does anything about it...
__________________
Your pitcher is illegal.
Techstar89

Registered:
Posts: 53
Reply with quote  #18 
College softball is growing at such a rapid pace. This stadium will never keep pace to truly do the game justice. College Softball most likely needs to look at a minor league stadium like where the SEC baseball tournament is played but for now at least improvements are coming.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,411
Reply with quote  #19 
Well, I thought the stadium has done the game justice.... and it will be spectacular for next year's title series.

JMO
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,411
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe


But our sh*thole weather is better than your sh*thole weather.
On years when we get a hurricane and you don't get a tornado, for sure
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,823
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe


Lightning


Appreciated!
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,823
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techstar89
College softball is growing at such a rapid pace. This stadium will never keep pace to truly do the game justice. College Softball most likely needs to look at a minor league stadium like where the SEC baseball tournament is played but for now at least improvements are coming.


Agreed!
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,823
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Oh, you okies are so cute getting defensive about your sh*thole weather. I live in a place with similar sh*thole weather from June till october... just own it


At least your shthole weather comes with a better location.
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 1,472
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot


At least your shthole weather comes with a better location.


Man, that was cold! And not very nice, either. [frown]
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,411
Reply with quote  #25 
LOL!
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,823
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe


Man, that was cold! And not very nice, either. [frown]


Facts are facts!
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 1,472
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot


Facts are facts!


To each his own. But if you ever have a chance to visit eastern and southeastern Oklahoma, you might be persuaded to re-examine those facts.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,823
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe


To each his own. But if you ever have a chance to visit eastern and southeastern Oklahoma, you might be persuaded to re-examine those facts.


I have. I have family that lives in OK and I live in a neighbouring state. The opinion stands.
MOJOERASER

Registered:
Posts: 374
Reply with quote  #29 
Op is correct in August the weather is 105 and dry.....however in May or early June when the games are played it is super humid and hot. Temps mid to upper 90s usually with 60 dew point.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.