Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 102 of 103     «   Prev   99   100   101   102   103   Next
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,957
Reply with quote  #3031 

__________________
Just say no to dullards    
woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,583
Reply with quote  #3032 
That alternative never crossed my mind. I would ask why anyone would ever expect a public servant to be around 24/7 In a matter of seconds to protect then their family or property. What alternate universe do Libs live in? The courts have already ruled that the police are not responsible for your personal protection. Therefore if you want to ensure that you are protected from violence then it is up to you as an individual to provide your own security. Those that want to grab your guns in that line of thinking don’t want Americans to have the ability to protect their families and homes.
__________________
Ignorance is forgivable, and correctable with proper study. Stupidity is a way of life.


uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,957
Reply with quote  #3033 
Broward County accidentally releases a full report of Nikolas Cruz's time in school.  They were supposed to release the redacted version.  

The reports highlights:
- The district knew he had mental issues,
- denied him special education services,
- never offered him any mental health services available to general ed students,
- then tried to cover it up.

Broward County is now on full attack mode with that press.

For scotty: 
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-sb-school-district-contempt-20180806-story.html

__________________
Just say no to dullards    
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 29,208
Reply with quote  #3034 
Why are libtards afraid of giving the information to the people?
__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 9,162
Reply with quote  #3035 
Well, the shooter in this FL case has been arrested and charged with manslaughter.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,957
Reply with quote  #3036 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
Well, the shooter in this FL case has been arrested and charged with manslaughter.

Saw that, meant to post the same.  I felt that it was important that they deliberate on that video for some time.  The actions are not totally clear, and I shared my thought that it was manslaughter.  But it would be nice to have eye witness testimony and try and do everything you can to piece things together before charging.

Freshy, seems stand your ground is working just fine in FLA. 

__________________
Just say no to dullards    
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 29,208
Reply with quote  #3037 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
Well, the shooter in this FL case has been arrested and charged with manslaughter.


He shouldn't have pulled that gun in THAT situation

__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,950
Reply with quote  #3038 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist

Saw that, meant to post the same.  I felt that it was important that they deliberate on that video for some time.  The actions are not totally clear, and I shared my thought that it was manslaughter.  But it would be nice to have eye witness testimony and try and do everything you can to piece things together before charging.

Freshy, seems stand your ground is working just fine in FLA. 


Yeah, think this guy thought he was justified because of the law? 

__________________
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,957
Reply with quote  #3039 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh


Yeah, think this guy thought he was justified because of the law? 

If he did, he did not understand the law at all. You just are not allowed to shoot someone that has turned away from you or is retreating.  Not under any law that I am aware of.

I think he was super pissed and over reacted.  If you are not able to maintain your emotions, or prone to being upset, best leave your weapon at home. 

__________________
Just say no to dullards    
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 6,286
Reply with quote  #3040 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh


Yeah, think this guy thought he was justified because of the law? 



Yep.

__________________

"Let's work together and put all this behind you."

mikec

Registered:
Posts: 9,162
Reply with quote  #3041 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist
/>Freshy, seems stand your ground is working just fine in FLA. 


What will they whine about now
kazoo

Registered:
Posts: 728
Reply with quote  #3042 
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
That alternative never crossed my mind. I would ask why anyone would ever expect a public servant to be around 24/7 In a matter of seconds to protect then their family or property. What alternate universe do Libs live in? The courts have already ruled that the police are not responsible for your personal protection. Therefore if you want to ensure that you are protected from violence then it is up to you as an individual to provide your own security. Those that want to grab your guns in that line of thinking don’t want Americans to have the ability to protect their families and homes.


The odds of anyone actually needing a gun to protect their family or home is miniscule--but the NRA has spent years peddling paranoia to people like you, so that you'll go out and buy a gun. If you do, you now have a dangerous weapon sitting around the house. Also, the odds are MUCH higher that a gun owner will use the gun on himself or shoot some innocent person as opposed to stopping some "bad guy." We sadly have a ton of yahoo males in America who associate manhood with owning a gun and driving around in some ridiculously large truck.

Also, if we banned handguns and assault rifles, the country would be FAR, FAR safer than it is now. FACT. In fact, this points out the classic nonsense we get from conservatives. They never want to solve real problems: they either want to pretend there is no problem or do something that only exacerbates the problem. If we really wanted to stop gun violence, we would, as I said, ban handguns and assault rifles--get rid of them all. Instead, the NRA thinks the answer to gun violence is for more people to buy guns, when the very heart of the problem is that there are too many people with guns in this country. This is the insanity we get from the NRA and the numbskulls who support it. 

What the NRA has been doing for years is both promoting gun violence (by pushing guns on people who should not have them and that will use them to shoot innocent people) and self-defense from the very gun violence that that extremist organization has facilitated. 

And let's hear no more talk about "responsible" or "law-abiding" gun owners. That, like most of the information pushed by the NRA, is bull$hit. 




__________________
vance law
kazoo

Registered:
Posts: 728
Reply with quote  #3043 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist

Saw that, meant to post the same.  I felt that it was important that they deliberate on that video for some time.  The actions are not totally clear, and I shared my thought that it was manslaughter.  But it would be nice to have eye witness testimony and try and do everything you can to piece things together before charging.

Freshy, seems stand your ground is working just fine in FLA. 



Stand Your Ground is working "just fine"? You'd have to be demented to think so. It is a patently terrible law--and I'm quite sure one could find a TON of law-enforcement people who feel the same. It's a BS law passed by craven Southern republicans in a yahoo state at the behest of the NRA. Men have been getting into fights for eons--they fight, scuffle, whatever, and it is over and both parties go home. Now, in these redneck states, you get in a fight with somebody, you can shoot and kill the other guy and then claim you were only defending yourself. It's a BS law. It also emboldens some people to start fights, because they've got a gun. 

I am happy to hear that the florida shooter has been charged. He should be. It is obvious that the did not need to shoot the man. Responsible gun owner? Just the opposite. He should go to prison for needless killing another human being. The victim was standing several feet away from the shooter, doing nothing, when he was shot. Manslaughter is actually getting off easy.

__________________
vance law
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 6,286
Reply with quote  #3044 
Kaplooeey rolling in hot, laying down fire.
__________________

"Let's work together and put all this behind you."

woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,583
Reply with quote  #3045 
Stand your ground works just fine thank you. Start sh1t with someone, and they kill you. Kill someone over a minor altercation, you get indicted. Whats the problem? You either have the capability and logic to determine a threat to your person, your family, or your property, or you don't. On the other side, you might consider that if you assault someone, that you might get shot and killed. It's a balancing act, and society and the courts have always allowed this. Why some outward cry for civility at this point? Go and enjoin your mindset in South Chicago and argue your point. They will kill you for having an objective ideal. Then they will pilfer your corpse for riches, and nobody would have seen a thing. Perfect societal devolution.
__________________
Ignorance is forgivable, and correctable with proper study. Stupidity is a way of life.


spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 7,067
Reply with quote  #3046 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoo


The odds of anyone actually needing a gun to protect their family or home is miniscule


Wrong again beta boy. Sucks to suck

In particular, a 2013 study ordered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and conducted by The National Academies’ Institute of Medicine and National Research Council reported that, “Defensive use of guns by crime victims is a common occurrence”:

Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million, in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008.

__________________
#SCOTUS x two


uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,957
Reply with quote  #3047 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoo



Stand Your Ground is working "just fine"? You'd have to be demented to think so. It is a patently terrible law--and I'm quite sure one could find a TON of law-enforcement people who feel the same. It's a BS law passed by craven Southern republicans in a yahoo state at the behest of the NRA. Men have been getting into fights for eons--they fight, scuffle, whatever, and it is over and both parties go home. Now, in these redneck states, you get in a fight with somebody, you can shoot and kill the other guy and then claim you were only defending yourself. It's a BS law. It also emboldens some people to start fights, because they've got a gun. 

I am happy to hear that the florida shooter has been charged. He should be. It is obvious that the did not need to shoot the man. Responsible gun owner? Just the opposite. He should go to prison for needless killing another human being. The victim was standing several feet away from the shooter, doing nothing, when he was shot. Manslaughter is actually getting off easy.

The victim was not just standing around doing nothing.  He had just physically assautled the shooter and knocked him viscously to the ground.  You would have to be full retard to claim he was doing nothing.

Better cool you jest on the craven 'southern' republicans.  Time for an bit of education:
"

The states that have legislatively adopted stand-your-ground laws are Alabama,[5] Alaska,[6] Arizona,[7] Florida,[8] Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa,[9] Kansas,[10]Kentucky, Louisiana,[7] Michigan,[7] Mississippi, Missouri,[11] Montana,[7] Nevada, New Hampshire,[7] North Carolina,[12] Oklahoma,[7] Pennsylvania,[13] South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee,[7] Texas,[14] Utah,[15] West Virginia[7], and Wyoming.[16]

The states that have adopted stand-your-ground in practice,[17] either through case law/precedentjury instructions or by other means, are California,[18][19]Colorado,[20][21] Illinois, New Mexico, Oregon, Virginia,[22] and Washington."

Below is the map.  That's right there is only one 'duty to retreat' pure state.  Only a few 11 with Castle Doctrine only and a duty retreat in public.  Everywhere else it is stand your ground.  In other words Stand Your Ground is pretty much law of the land.
[svg] 
In Florida the Stand Your Ground law was passed with bipartisan support.  Across the nation it was passed with bipartisan support.  Because Americans are not ok with being violently intimidated while we are doing something as simple as going to a grocery store. 


__________________
Just say no to dullards    
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,950
Reply with quote  #3048 
Looked to me like a case could be made that the shooter initiated the conflict. He was verbally assaulting the guy's wife when he left the building. His action to shove the guy to the ground was definitely an escalation of the confrontation, but didn't result in bodily harm. The combative level of the incident took on a whole new level when the gun was used. I doubt any of you would have allowed this guy to berate your wife without some retaliation.........the use of a handgun is what took it to a totally unreasonable conclusion. It was also cowardly. He was a real big man as long as it was a woman he was confronting.
__________________
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 6,837
Reply with quote  #3049 
The question is, would your wife have allowed you to be berated?  Would she have skinned the smoke wagon?
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,957
Reply with quote  #3050 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
The question is, would your wife have allowed you to be berated?  Would she have skinned the smoke wagon?

[SoulfulSadHamster-size_restricted] 

__________________
Just say no to dullards    
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,957
Reply with quote  #3051 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
Looked to me like a case could be made that the shooter initiated the conflict. He was verbally assaulting the guy's wife when he left the building. His action to shove the guy to the ground was definitely an escalation of the confrontation, but didn't result in bodily harm. The combative level of the incident took on a whole new level when the gun was used. I doubt any of you would have allowed this guy to berate your wife without some retaliation.........the use of a handgun is what took it to a totally unreasonable conclusion. It was also cowardly. He was a real big man as long as it was a woman he was confronting.

Shooter had numerous opportunities to deescalate, just walk away.  So did the other side.  Same could have happened with a knife.  

Would never have been a problem for me.  I don't inappropriately park in handicap spots, so this guy would just ignore me.  I tend to park at the further end away spots.  The walk does me good.  All the tense morons are up there positioning for the close spots and being douchey.

I find a lot of life is real easy to get through by having a big smile on most of the time and nodding friendly like at people, holding doors and generally being polite if not a bit helpful.  

__________________
Just say no to dullards    
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 10,906
Reply with quote  #3052 
Be very careful who you push to the ground...........
Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 3,368
Reply with quote  #3053 
https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/editorials/2018/08/15/firearm-issued-lupe-valdez-missing-sends-terrible-message-public



If we can't trust Lupe Valdez with a gun, can we trust her with the governorship?


Where is former Dallas County Sheriff Lupe Valdez's service pistol?

We ask because no one seems to know. The Sheriff's Department is at a loss. And Valdez, the Democratic Party's nominee for governor, is nonresponsive to questions about a certain missing Beretta 9mm that she had on loan from the department.

And we ask because it is a big deal when a police officer loses track of a weapon. So the story we have developing now around a candidate seeking to lead our second-largest state is either carelessness on her part for not returning the weapon upon retirement, or carelessness on the part of the department for not keeping track of a weapon that was properly returned.

We also know that the Sheriff's Department has 557 officers performing various duties who have the authority to carry firearms. Not all of them carry a pistol owned by the department, but an audit shows there is only one missing gun: the one issued to Valdez.

The safe handling and storage of a firearm is a crucial responsibility for both a law enforcement official and an agency. So either Valdez or the department she once led has let us down.


__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


kazoo

Registered:
Posts: 728
Reply with quote  #3054 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist

The victim was not just standing around doing nothing.  He had just physically assautled the shooter and knocked him viscously to the ground.  You would have to be full retard to claim he was doing nothing.

Better cool you jest on the craven 'southern' republicans.  Time for an bit of education:
"

The states that have legislatively adopted stand-your-ground laws are Alabama,[5] Alaska,[6] Arizona,[7] Florida,[8] Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa,[9] Kansas,[10]Kentucky, Louisiana,[7] Michigan,[7] Mississippi, Missouri,[11] Montana,[7] Nevada, New Hampshire,[7] North Carolina,[12] Oklahoma,[7] Pennsylvania,[13] South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee,[7] Texas,[14] Utah,[15] West Virginia[7], and Wyoming.[16]

The states that have adopted stand-your-ground in practice,[17] either through case law/precedentjury instructions or by other means, are California,[18][19]Colorado,[20][21] Illinois, New Mexico, Oregon, Virginia,[22] and Washington."

Below is the map.  That's right there is only one 'duty to retreat' pure state.  Only a few 11 with Castle Doctrine only and a duty retreat in public.  Everywhere else it is stand your ground.  In other words Stand Your Ground is pretty much law of the land.
[svg] 
In Florida the Stand Your Ground law was passed with bipartisan support.  Across the nation it was passed with bipartisan support.  Because Americans are not ok with being violently intimidated while we are doing something as simple as going to a grocery store. 




The shooter instigated the incident--FACT. He PROVOKED the victim by running his mouth and badgering the couple--FACT. In response, the victim pushed the shooter. A push is not at all a "violent assault," except to a redneck with an agenda. "Americans are not OK with being violently intimidated while doing something as simple as going to the grocery store?" What an idiotic comment: You have the logical reasoning of a 3-year-old--or maybe you're just dumb. The shooter started the whole thing. The shooter had also twice been involved in road rage incidents in which he pulled out his gun. Huh--interesting. The man was looking for trouble. And Stand Your Ground is a stupid law passed by craven Republicans deep in the pocket of the NRA--fact. 

__________________
vance law
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,957
Reply with quote  #3055 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaploo
The shooter instigated the incident--FACT. He PROVOKED the victim by running his mouth and badgering the couple--FACT. In response, the victim pushed the shooter. A push is not at all a "violent assault," except to a redneck with an agenda. "Americans are not OK with being violently intimidated while doing something as simple as going to the grocery store?" What an idiotic comment: You have the logical reasoning of a 3-year-old--or maybe you're just dumb. The shooter started the whole thing. The shooter had also twice been involved in road rage incidents in which he pulled out his gun. Huh--interesting. The man was looking for trouble. And Stand Your Ground is a stupid law passed by craven Republicans deep in the pocket of the NRA--fact.  
 

Shooter should have been dealt with after those first incidents.  BTW: you gotta a link to this new information?

He knocked that man flat to the ground.  It was not a 'push', it was a knock down.

Someone running their mouth does not give him the right to shove him to the ground.

He is getting charged under the Stand Your Ground law.  So someone is squealing like a 3rd grader and unable to follow logical flow, but that person is you. 

It was not republicans that passed Washington States Stand Your Ground laws.  You can blame them if you want, but it makes you look retarded.

__________________
Just say no to dullards    
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,950
Reply with quote  #3056 
Someone pushing you down for threatening his wife does not qualify as a reason to kill him. Especially when moving away from you. Not among the sane, anyway. 
__________________
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,957
Reply with quote  #3057 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
Someone pushing you down for threatening his wife does not qualify as a reason to kill him. Especially when moving away from you. Not among the sane, anyway. 

Right, hence a manslaughter charge.  It is called the law.

__________________
Just say no to dullards    
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 7,067
Reply with quote  #3058 
Try to keep up Fresh.

__________________
#SCOTUS x two


spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 7,067
Reply with quote  #3059 
You can’t make this stuff up. Only from the minds of libtards.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel (D) is responding to the failure of gun control in Chicago by encouraging Illinois residents to urge Gov. Bruce Rauner (R) to institute more gun conttol

__________________
#SCOTUS x two


uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 12,957
Reply with quote  #3060 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazsdad
You can’t make this stuff up. Only from the minds of libtards.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel (D) is responding to the failure of gun control in Chicago by encouraging Illinois residents to urge Gov. Bruce Rauner (R) to institute more gun conttol

To be fair, Rahm is such a monumental failure, I think even democrats are coming to terms with it.  I think they are going to kick Rahm to the curb.  If they do kick ole Rahm to the curb, I will be impressed.

__________________
Just say no to dullards    
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.