Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 53 of 55     «   Prev   50   51   52   53   54   55   Next
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,678
Reply with quote  #1561 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist

Your lying narrative fails to impress anyone.  Micheal Brown shown to have attacked that officer that evening.  You want the articles that prove it?  Post something that says otherwise.

As far as black man in America getting the shaft.  Here we agree.  Look at the worst of the worst, and you will see a Democratic party created 5hithole.  Detroit, Chicago (especially south side), DC, St Louis, Cleveland, Baltimore,  Philly.  These people have little oppurtuntiy living in this socialist nightmare cities.  We could be teaching them that they need to work hard, get slightly better jobs than their parents, get slightly better educational opportunities.  That is how you lift a community up.  Instead democrats under fund their schools, steal half the money through fraud and outright criminal waste.  

Then to add injury to insult you import crap ton of illegal aliens that drain precious limited resources for education and healthcare. 

Yeah, blacks are pissed.  That is big part of the reason Trump won.  The blacks in Florida either choose not to vote or voted Trump in record numbers, because they are onto the crazy crap the democratic party is pulling on them. 



TTT

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 4,745
Reply with quote  #1562 
BukakeCF. A big mess just like his posts.
__________________
#SCOTUS
Bama_CF

Registered:
Posts: 2,229
Reply with quote  #1563 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist

Your lying narrative fails to impress anyone.  Micheal Brown shown to have attacked that officer that evening.  You want the articles that prove it?  Post something that says otherwise.

As far as black man in America getting the shaft.  Here we agree.  Look at the worst of the worst, and you will see a Democratic party created 5hithole.  Detroit, Chicago (especially south side), DC, St Louis, Cleveland, Baltimore,  Philly.  These people have little oppurtuntiy living in this socialist nightmare cities.  We could be teaching them that they need to work hard, get slightly better jobs than their parents, get slightly better educational opportunities.  That is how you lift a community up.  Instead democrats under fund their schools, steal half the money through fraud and outright criminal waste.  

Then to add injury to insult you import crap ton of illegal aliens that drain precious limited resources for education and healthcare. 

Yeah, blacks are pissed.  That is big part of the reason Trump won.  The blacks in Florida either choose not to vote or voted Trump in record numbers, because they are onto the crazy crap the democratic party is pulling on them. 




Comedy hour

__________________

 

Bama_CF

Registered:
Posts: 2,229
Reply with quote  #1564 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazsdad
BukakeCF. A big mess just like his posts.



The intelligence just oozes out of your posts.  [rolleyes]

__________________

 

uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 6,287
Reply with quote  #1565 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_CF



Comedy hour

Good reply.  You are oozing some intelligence now as well.

__________________
You stick your middle finger in my face, and you interpret that the way you see fit. I'll interpret it the way I see fit. Then we can figure it out together.
Bama_CF

Registered:
Posts: 2,229
Reply with quote  #1566 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist

Good reply.  You are oozing some intelligence now as well.




There we go ... common ground.

__________________

 

uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 6,287
Reply with quote  #1567 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazsdad
BukakeCF. A big mess just like his posts.

__________________
You stick your middle finger in my face, and you interpret that the way you see fit. I'll interpret it the way I see fit. Then we can figure it out together.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 6,287
Reply with quote  #1568 
I found this chart interesting.
[3OQBIk2] 

__________________
You stick your middle finger in my face, and you interpret that the way you see fit. I'll interpret it the way I see fit. Then we can figure it out together.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,240
Reply with quote  #1569 
That IS interesting.  What would be more interesting is to a similar chart showing both victim and perp.  I'm guessing the highest rate would be black on black death.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,678
Reply with quote  #1570 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61
That IS interesting.  What would be more interesting is to a similar chart showing both victim and perp.  I'm guessing the highest rate would be black on black death.


I'd love BAMA CF weigh in here or maybe even dewy

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 2,507
Reply with quote  #1571 
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2017/may/05/your-turn-concealed-carry-or-great-universities/


I am submitting the following letter of resignation from the University of Kansas in light of the looming July deadline to allow concealed carry in college classrooms, a policy that will do irreparable harm to higher education in Kansas and the well-being of Kansans.

To: Dr. Eve Levin, chair, department of history and Dr. David Roediger, chair, department of American studies

Dear Professors Levin and Roediger:

In light of the State of Kansas’ apparent determination to allow concealed carry of firearms in the classrooms of the University of Kansas, I am writing to tender my resignation effective two weeks from today as an associate professor of history and American studies at the university since I have accepted a job in a state that bans concealed carry in classrooms. I proudly served as a KU professor for a decade, from 2007 until 2017, and have a great deal of affection and gratitude to the university, to Lawrence and to the State of Kansas. Kansas is a great and beautiful state that is refreshingly different than the coasts. I have enjoyed getting to know Kansans from all parts of the state as my students, neighbors and friends, and especially benefited from getting to know Kansans from rural communities where gun ownership and hard work are equally a way of life. But Kansas will never secure the future that it deserves if it weakens its institutions of higher learning by driving off faculty members or applicants who feel as I do that there is no place for firearms in classrooms. Kansas can have great universities, or it can have concealed carry in classrooms, but it cannot have both.

In practical terms, concealed carry has proved to be a failure. Campus shootings have become all too frequent, and arming students has done nothing to quell active shooter situations because students do not have the training to effectively combat shooters and rightly fear becoming identified as a suspect themselves. But beyond the fact that concealed carry does not deter gun violence, the citizens and elected representatives of Kansas must recognize that Kansas is a small state, and in order to run a premier university, which is necessary for the health and wealth of the state, it must recruit professors from out of state. Recruiting the best trained professors necessarily means recruiting from coastal areas and progressive college towns where most people do not believe that randomly arming untrained students is a proper exercise of the Second Amendment’s protection of a well-regulated militia.

Moreover, we discuss sensitive and highly charged topics in my classroom, concerning anti-religious bias, racism, sexism, classism, and many other indexes of oppression and discrimination. Students need to be able to express themselves respectfully and freely, and they cannot do so about heated topics if they know that fellow students are armed and that a disagreement or argument could easily be lethal. Guns in the classroom will have a chilling effect on free speech and hinder the university’s mission to facilitate dialogue across lines of division. That stifling of dialogue will hurt all students, including the ones with guns in their pockets.

Let us not let the NRA destroy the future of the state of Kansas with a specious argument about the Second Amendment. Guns do not belong in classrooms anymore than they belong in courtrooms, but a university simply cannot afford metal detectors at every entrance. Kansas faces a very clear choice: Does it want excellent universities, with world class faculty, or does it want to create an exodus of faculty like myself who have options to teach in states that ban weapons in classrooms? Does Kansas want to reinvent itself as a center of innovation and prosperity, and attract the minds that will create the jobs that the state needs to be prosperous for the 21st century, or does it want third-rate universities that will not find the cures, patent the drugs, train the engineers, start the companies, or innovate the laws and social programs that will bring the state lasting prosperity and health? This is the truly concealed question that faces Kansas’ citizens and legislators in the concealed carry debate. I hope for the sake of the future of the great state of Kansas that its Legislature will make the right decision and take a stand against weapons in classrooms and in favor of excellence in education.

Sincerely,

Jacob S. Dorman, PhD, associate professor, department of history and department of American studies, the University of Kansas

— Jacob Dorman is a fellow of the National Endowment for the Humanities, the American Council of Learned Societies, the Mellon Foundation, and the Jacob Javits Fellowships/US Department of Education. Winner of the Wesley-Logan Prize in African Diaspora History from the American Historical Association, the Raboteau Prize in Africana Religions, and the Byron Caldwell Smith Book Award for a 2013 Oxford University Press book partially about Kansas history, “Chosen People.”


__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 4,745
Reply with quote  #1572 
As usual the liberal mind believes it is superior to others and mocks those that do not think alike. He has nothing but contempt for any that do not adhere to his views. I would rather have a CC to help in a trouble situation instead of this professor that would probably wet his pants.
__________________
#SCOTUS
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 6,287
Reply with quote  #1573 
Guns have not chilled free speech in America.  In fact the truth is quite the opposite.   America's own unique gun culture creates a situation where as a citizenry we guarantee each other inalienable rights.  Not just from foreign powers but also from corrupt governments.
__________________
You stick your middle finger in my face, and you interpret that the way you see fit. I'll interpret it the way I see fit. Then we can figure it out together.
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,074
Reply with quote  #1574 
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/good-samaritan-kills-active-shooter-texas-sports-bar-police-n755136


keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,678
Reply with quote  #1575 


Spread the word, this happens more in Texas than in any other state

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,074
Reply with quote  #1576 
I ALWAYS carry now.  Wasn't always so, but it's a must now.
Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 2,507
Reply with quote  #1577 
[image]
__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 2,507
Reply with quote  #1578 
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/15/seattle-gun-tax-failure-firearm-sales-plummet-violence-spikes-after-law-passes.html


When the City of Seattle passed a tax on all sales of guns and ammunition, the measure was hailed as a way to defray the rising costs of gun violence.

But since the tax took effect, those costs have only risen as gun violence in the city has surged. And the tax has apparently brought in much less than city leaders projected it would.

“How much data do you need?” asked Dave Workman, senior editor of TheGunMag.com and member of the Second Amendment Foundation. “The data says the law has failed to prevent what they promised it would prevent.”

Seattle City Councilman Tim Burgess introduced the tax in 2015. It puts a $25 tax on every firearm sold in the city and up to 5 cents per round of ammunition. The measure easily passed and took effect January 1, 2016. Comparing the first five months of 2017 with the same period before the gun tax went into effect, reports of shots fired are up 13 percent, the number of people injured in shootings climbed 37 percent and gun deaths doubled, according to crime statistics from the Seattle Police Department.

Councilman Burgess never returned calls and emails for comment. Dana Robinson Slote, director of communication for Seattle City Council, said she was “politely declining your invitation for an interview.”

In selling his gun tax to the public, Burgess predicted it would generate between $300,000 and $500,000 annually. The money would be used to study the root causes of gun violence in hopes of reducing the costs to taxpayers.

Seattle officials refuse to say how much the tax brought in the first year, only giving the number “under $200,000.” Gun rights groups have sued to get the exact amount.

But Mike Coombs, owner of Outdoor Emporium, the last large gun dealer left in Seattle, said the actual tax revenue is almost certainly just over $100,000, a figure based on information he says the city shared with his lawyers.


__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,148
Reply with quote  #1579 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_1
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/15/seattle-gun-tax-failure-firearm-sales-plummet-violence-spikes-after-law-passes.html


When the City of Seattle passed a tax on all sales of guns and ammunition, the measure was hailed as a way to defray the rising costs of gun violence.

But since the tax took effect, those costs have only risen as gun violence in the city has surged. And the tax has apparently brought in much less than city leaders projected it would.

“How much data do you need?” asked Dave Workman, senior editor of TheGunMag.com and member of the Second Amendment Foundation. “The data says the law has failed to prevent what they promised it would prevent.”

Seattle City Councilman Tim Burgess introduced the tax in 2015. It puts a $25 tax on every firearm sold in the city and up to 5 cents per round of ammunition. The measure easily passed and took effect January 1, 2016. Comparing the first five months of 2017 with the same period before the gun tax went into effect, reports of shots fired are up 13 percent, the number of people injured in shootings climbed 37 percent and gun deaths doubled, according to crime statistics from the Seattle Police Department.

Councilman Burgess never returned calls and emails for comment. Dana Robinson Slote, director of communication for Seattle City Council, said she was “politely declining your invitation for an interview.”

In selling his gun tax to the public, Burgess predicted it would generate between $300,000 and $500,000 annually. The money would be used to study the root causes of gun violence in hopes of reducing the costs to taxpayers.

Seattle officials refuse to say how much the tax brought in the first year, only giving the number “under $200,000.” Gun rights groups have sued to get the exact amount.

But Mike Coombs, owner of Outdoor Emporium, the last large gun dealer left in Seattle, said the actual tax revenue is almost certainly just over $100,000, a figure based on information he says the city shared with his lawyers.




Comparing the first five months of 2017 with the same period before the gun tax went into effect, reports of shots fired are up 13 percent, the number of people injured in shootings climbed 37 percent and gun deaths doubled, according to crime statistics from the Seattle Police Department.

__________________
"She Packed My Bags Last Night, Pre-Flight, Zero Hour Nine A.M."
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,240
Reply with quote  #1580 
Democrats don't believe in reality - just unicorns and rainbows.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 6,287
Reply with quote  #1581 
That's nothing.  Seattle is nutty as get out.  Super nice people but whack as it gets.

They actually have a law that makes the gas pumps flow super slow.  They rationalized in pitch for the bill that more fumes escape with higher flow rates and those fumes are green house gasses.  That of course is pretty much raw garbage.  

You know their real thought was that if they make it take a long time to fill your gas guzzler you will trade in your Suburban for a Prius. 

__________________
You stick your middle finger in my face, and you interpret that the way you see fit. I'll interpret it the way I see fit. Then we can figure it out together.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,240
Reply with quote  #1582 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist
That's nothing.  Seattle is nutty as get out.  Super nice people but whack as it gets.

They actually have a law that makes the gas pumps flow super slow.  They rationalized in pitch for the bill that more fumes escape with higher flow rates and those fumes are green house gasses.  That of course is pretty much raw garbage.  

You know their real thought was that if they make it take a long time to fill your gas guzzler you will trade in your Suburban for a Prius. 


I would be in favor of the death penalty for Prius drivers who go 60 mph in the fast lane of the freeway.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 6,287
Reply with quote  #1583 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61


I would be in favor of the death penalty for Prius drivers who go 60 mph in the fast lane of the freeway.

You would run out of bullets, and fill the states tax coffers here. 
You are not the only one.  Pics of Prius Douchebaggery.  90% of the pics are Washington state.
https://www.facebook.com/LeftLanePrius/

__________________
You stick your middle finger in my face, and you interpret that the way you see fit. I'll interpret it the way I see fit. Then we can figure it out together.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,678
Reply with quote  #1584 
Prius = douchbaggery = BAMA CF = white guilt
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 3,943
Reply with quote  #1585 
Will Libs ever comprehend unintended consequences due to people avoiding their tax/cost increases? 

Coombs said storewide, sales are down 20 percent while gun sales have plummeted 60 percent.

I’ve had to lay off employees because of this,” Coombs said. “It’s hurting us, it’s hurting our employees.”

Employees at the Big 5 sporting goods stores in Seattle also report anemic gun sales. But there’s evidence Seattleites are just going outside the city to buy their guns. Coombs also owns a gun shop in the nearby city of Fife. Sales there are described as robust.

Another gun dealer simply left Seattle and moved his shop, Precise Shooter, to nearby Lynnwood. Sergey Solyanik said business has never been better. He said the gun tax has probably worked out to be a net negative for Seattle when factoring lost sales tax revenue.

woody

Registered:
Posts: 8,588
Reply with quote  #1586 
Very easy, people will just do their FFL transfer out of the city limits, and drive back into the city with their new firearm. It cost $15-25 for a transfer.
__________________
Anarcho Capitalism. Get some, and no you can't have any of my money to live off of you Socialist Democrat.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,678
Reply with quote  #1587 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDad
Will Libs ever comprehend unintended consequences due to people avoiding their tax/cost increases? 


Simple answer is NO



__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 2,507
Reply with quote  #1588 
Yep, gun bans work......


The population of the US is approximately 16:1 compared to Australia. If the estimate of 260,000 is accurate, under the same type law the United States would have 4.16 million illegal guns. Bet the old school math doesn't make since to the libs on the left.



http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/16/asia/australia-gun-amnesty/index.html


Australia has announced a three-month gun amnesty in an attempt to stop some of the country's 260,000 illegal firearms from falling into the hands of terrorists.

From July 1, owners of unregistered guns will be able to hand them in without fear of punishment.





__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 6,287
Reply with quote  #1589 
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
Very easy, people will just do their FFL transfer out of the city limits, and drive back into the city with their new firearm. It cost $15-25 for a transfer.

Everybody in Seattle is buying property outside of Seattle already anyway.  Even the smallest of condo, or rental property.  

They have $500 car tab registration tax if you register your car in the city.  So you get a place in outstate washington, idaho, oregon.  List that as your primary residence.  Get a mail forwarding service. 

This is common in New York as well, to avoid city income taxes. 

__________________
You stick your middle finger in my face, and you interpret that the way you see fit. I'll interpret it the way I see fit. Then we can figure it out together.
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 4,745
Reply with quote  #1590 
$500 to the city in addition to your normal registration fees?
__________________
#SCOTUS
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.