Ultimate College Softball
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 2,174
Reply with quote  #1 
Eric Lopez also said he considers Lauren Chamberlain's game winning walk off HR against Tennessee in game one of the 2013 finals... to be the greatest HR in college softball history.

Do you agree?

What other HR would you put in the discussion?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I think Shay Knighten's 3 run HR in the 17th inning of the 2017 game one finals... deserves to be in the discussion. It wasn't a walk off (because it happened in the top of the inning), but it was SO dramatic - and such a huge blow against Florida (especially coming against KB).
sbparent

Registered:
Posts: 155
Reply with quote  #2 
Samantha Findlay's 3 run HR for Michigan to give them their first championship.  It wasn't a walk off either but it was hit by a freshman.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,823
Reply with quote  #3 
I'd go with Findlays. Second would be langenfelds 2010 homer in game 1.
Gatorzzz2014

Registered:
Posts: 54
Reply with quote  #4 
Ali Gardiner vs Alabama to send Florida to their first ever championship series
Jordan Matthews 2 out 2 strike walk off to send Florida back to the wcws
2014 Courtney senas walk off homerun to send Florida state back to the wcws for the first time in the 2004 season.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,823
Reply with quote  #5 
If we are just listing them, Jaz Luncefords grandslam as a pinch hitting freshman has to be on the list.
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,961
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot
If we are just listing them, Jaz Luncefords grandslam as a pinch hitting freshman has to be on the list.


That’s my pick as well.
GumpW

Registered:
Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #7 
Marisa Runyon's grandslam against Oklahoma in the 2015 Super Regional has to be on the list.  I have attended hundreds if not thousands of sporting events in Tuscaloosa since 1954.  That game and that series ranks at the top for tension and excitement.  Side Notes: I think Chamberlain was the best power hitter that I ever saw in Tuscaloosa; Shelby Pendley in that series was the best defensive shortstop I have seen; Osorio and Parker have two huge hearts.
__________________
George W. Harris
Gatorzzz2014

Registered:
Posts: 54
Reply with quote  #8 
Shelby McGlaun 7th inning homerun to beat Arizona.
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 11,266
Reply with quote  #9 
Katie Cochran...........The best hitter ever in softball.............Hands-down..........













Goober12

Registered:
Posts: 69
Reply with quote  #10 
My vote is for Kaylee Pualoa from Georgia. Her walkoff HR to send the #1 team Florida out of the tourney early and Georgia to the WCWS is to me one of the most dramatic moments ever in the sport. Everyone lost it that day!

__________________
[smile]
Gatorzzz2014

Registered:
Posts: 54
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober12
My vote is for Kaylee Pualoa from Georgia. Her walkoff HR to send the #1 team Florida out of the tourney early and Georgia to the WCWS is to me one of the most dramatic moments ever in the sport. Everyone lost it that day!
👎🏿👎🏿👎🏿 Lol. Still hurts my soul.
Goober12

Registered:
Posts: 69
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorzzz2014
👎🏿👎🏿👎🏿 Lol. Still hurts my soul.


I feel you. It hurt my soul and I’m not even a gator fan lol. It was nuts!

__________________
[smile]
HoustonBear15

Registered:
Posts: 326
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorzzz2014
Shelby McGlaun 7th inning homerun to beat Arizona.
That would be my pick as a Baylor fan as well.
banterguy

Registered:
Posts: 73
Reply with quote  #14 
Although not a walk off, Nina Lindenberg took down a dynasty with one swing of the bat in 1998. First team to beat Arizona (and get to keep the trophy) since 1992.


scfastpitch

Registered:
Posts: 101
Reply with quote  #15 
I had to look this one up to recall the name of the player who hit it . Hawaii's Jenna Rodriguez walk-off home run off Alabama's Kelsi Dunne in the Tuscaloosa SR in 2010 . Sent Hawaii to the WCWS .   
RABIDSOFTBALLFAN

Registered:
Posts: 56
Reply with quote  #16 
These are all great choices, but for my money, I'm going with Sydney Jones' 10th inning walkoff 2-run HR for Southern Illinois against Bradley in 2015.

Full disclosure, I'm a little biased.

blob:1007D99B-7DFD-4BD0-929E-03DE9A729AAF
GumpW

Registered:
Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #17 
Posted by scfastpitch: I had to look this one up to recall the name of the player who hit it . Hawaii's Jenna Rodriguez walk-off home run off Alabama's Kelsi Dunne in the Tuscaloosa SR in 2010 . Sent Hawaii to the WCWS .   


I was there for that one.  A killer moment that ripped my heart out.  The walks before the homer were the killer.  My memory is that the pitch was high and inside and Ms. Rodriguez just hammered it.  I was holding my 6 month old grandson.  He sensed my despair and started crying.  Another great Super Regional in Tuscaloosa - a common event.

__________________
George W. Harris
lovsofbal

Registered:
Posts: 2,017
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABIDSOFTBALLFAN
These are all great choices, but for my money, I'm going with Sydney Jones' 10th inning walkoff 2-run HR for Southern Illinois against Bradley in 2015.

Full disclosure, I'm a little biased.

blob:1007D99B-7DFD-4BD0-929E-03DE9A729AAF


[thumb]
azure

Registered:
Posts: 1,948
Reply with quote  #19 
The biggest home run I ever saw in performance (rather than importance)

2004 - a pre-season tournament in Hawaii.  At Hawaii's stadium there is a very high fence set back from the outfield fence , 40 feet tall, maybe higher.  To keep balls off the tennis courts.  Others have seen it?

Washington's Kristen Rivera hit a home run off of Oregon.  That ball was hit so hard that it went over the second high fence.  I mean, that one is still going.  The result in the stadium was stunned silence all around, who had ever seen anyone hit a ball that hard?  Then everybody started cheering.

__________________
--Read my personal blog at http://azure-turquoise.blogspot.com
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 1,472
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GumpW
Marisa Runyon's grandslam against Oklahoma in the 2015 Super Regional has to be on the list.  I have attended hundreds if not thousands of sporting events in Tuscaloosa since 1954.  That game and that series ranks at the top for tension and excitement.  Side Notes: I think Chamberlain was the best power hitter that I ever saw in Tuscaloosa; Shelby Pendley in that series was the best defensive shortstop I have seen; Osorio and Parker have two huge hearts.


Great post (and memories) – great ones for Bama fans. Not so great for Sooners.

And it goes without saying how every OU fan feels about Paige Parker. But this Sooner partisan is also a huge fan of Miss Osorio. You hit the nail on the head with your "huge hearts" comment.
CalRoxMySox44

Registered:
Posts: 3,278
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91


That’s my pick as well.


First one that comes to mind, without question!

__________________
14 World Series appearances
3 WCWS title game appearances
1 NCAA Championship http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Golden_Bears_softball
CalRoxMySox44

Registered:
Posts: 3,278
Reply with quote  #22 
That was such an incredible moment... I am in no way, shape, or form an Alabama fan but I still get chills thinking about that homerun. What gutsy coaching.
__________________
14 World Series appearances
3 WCWS title game appearances
1 NCAA Championship http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Golden_Bears_softball
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,945
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonBear15
That would be my pick as a Baylor fan as well.


It was a biggie that's for sure!
uga20

Registered:
Posts: 219
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uga20

This HR was definitely it for me.... Family was at the game,and to be there and knock down a giant like that, words can’t explain.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,823
Reply with quote  #25 
Surprised no one has mentioned Shay Knightens 3 run homer.
justadad

Registered:
Posts: 539
Reply with quote  #26 
I personally liked the walkoff by Langenfeld in 2010 against Arizona in first game of Championship series. Please forgive me if I’m a little biased.
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 1,472
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot
Surprised no one has mentioned Shay Knightens 3 run homer.


Actually, I can think of at least one other Knighten homer that could be considered.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,823
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe


Actually, I can think of at least one other Knighten homer that could be considered.


The only other one I can think of was the one that beat Osorio at Fullerton, and it wasn't near as important in the grand scheme of things ... even if I think that is the hit that crushed Osorio's spirit.
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 1,472
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot


The only other one I can think of was the one that beat Osorio at Fullerton, and it wasn't near as important in the grand scheme of things ... even if I think that is the hit that crushed Osorio's spirit.


Er, ah…don't you recall the opening round of the 2016 WCWS?
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,823
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe


Er, ah…don't you recall the opening round of the 2016 WCWS?


Oh it was the same result as the Fullerton game. I just lump them all together. And that still isn’t more important than that 3run 17th inning shot.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.