Ultimate College Softball
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Emerald44

Registered:
Posts: 94
Reply with quote  #1 
Thoughts? A few non P5's getting some love show's the growth of the game in my opinion.
https://fastpitchnews.com/college-softball-news/fpn-2019-preseason-di-all-americans/356938
kkzc0s

Registered:
Posts: 183
Reply with quote  #2 
This poll left off some really good players!! Will compare at the end of the year. Starting to doubt how much FPN really knows about this sport!!
lovsofbal

Registered:
Posts: 2,134
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald44
Thoughts? A few non P5's getting some love show's the growth of the game in my opinion.
https://fastpitchnews.com/college-softball-news/fpn-2019-preseason-di-all-americans/356938



Where's Good?

Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,998
Reply with quote  #4 
Idk why FPN feels the need to exist. They post breaking news like 10 days after Flosoftball, can’t make a solid poll to save their lives, etc. So uninformed
kkzc0s

Registered:
Posts: 183
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
Idk why FPN feels the need to exist. They post breaking news like 10 days after Flosoftball, can’t make a solid poll to save their lives, etc. So uninformed


Agreed!!
UT6

Registered:
Posts: 58
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald44
Thoughts? A few non P5's getting some love show's the growth of the game in my opinion.
https://fastpitchnews.com/college-softball-news/fpn-2019-preseason-di-all-americans/356938


JMU player listed that’s not Megan Good?? Bold choice there

__________________
Swing hard in case you hit it
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 2,242
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
Idk why FPN feels the need to exist. They post breaking news like 10 days after Flosoftball, can’t make a solid poll to save their lives, etc. So uninformed


Ye, whoever made that list up should be arrested for writing. 
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 2,417
Reply with quote  #8 
Florida leads all teams  with three first team picks (Barnhill, Lindaman & Lorenz).

Oklahoma has two first team picks (Alo & Juarez)... plus a second team pick (Romero).

UCLA has two first team picks (Garcia & Jordan)... plus a second team pick (Nickles).

I think the most interesting choice on there - might be Lindaman.
It will be fun to see just how well she does... moving into the SEC.
kkzc0s

Registered:
Posts: 183
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


Ye, whoever made that list up should be arrested for writing. 


I totally agree! Don't think they know much about Softball or just didn't watch much last year!!
Montana_Wa

Registered:
Posts: 241
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryLouisAaron
Florida leads all teams  with three first team picks (Barnhill, Lindaman & Lorenz).

Oklahoma has two first team picks (Alo & Juarez)... plus a second team pick (Romero).

UCLA has two first team picks (Garcia & Jordan)... plus a second team pick (Nickles).

I think the most interesting choice on there - might be Lindaman.
It will be fun to see just how well she does... moving into the SEC.


Thanks for the artistry Kurosawa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa
https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Softball/College-Corner/2019-College-Corner/Player-of-the-Year/Top-50-Watchlist

Four:
Washington: Alvelo, Bates, Flores, Plain
Arizona: Harper, McQuillin, Mulipola, Palomino

Three:
Oklahoma: Alo, Juarez, Romero
Florida: Barnhill, Lindaman, Lorenz
UCLA: Garcia, Jordan, Nickles

Two:
Texas: Elish, Jefferson
Florida State: King, Sherrill

One:
Michigan: Beaubien
Ole Miss: Becker
Liberty: Bishop
South Carolina: Boesel
Gardner-Webb: Booth
Alabama: Brown
Seattle: Cathcart
Miss State: Davidson
Georgia: DiCarlo
Minnesota: Fiser
LBSU: Fry
JMU: Good
Arkansas: Haff
Texas Tech: Hartwell
Houston: Heebner
NMSU: Horton
Tennessee: Leach
Northwestern: Lewis
Auburn: Martin
ASU: Meza
Oklahoma State: Montgomery
Drake: Newman
Ohio State: Piper
Kentucky: Reed
LSU: Sanchez
Boise State: Seng
Illinois: Sherlund
BYU: Sugg
La. Tech: Turkoly


FPN

Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkzc0s


I totally agree! Don't think they know much about Softball or just didn't watch much last year!!


Some of the comments are interesting and just low brow. But we are happy to address any questions.

The preseason AA team is based on actual stats and play. We also account for strength of schedule. So for many of you, if you take issue with who is on it and who is not, the stats are what they are. It is not a popularity contest for us. We do our best to make it based on stats and level of competition. As for Good, she did not play last year; this year "Preseason" was based on performance last year. Good did not play last year. 

As for those who wish to come on a public forum and trash us, that is fine. We respect all people and their opinion's. Feel free to contact me directly if you wish at support@fastpitchnews.com. I will then provide you with my number, and we can discuss concerns. Again for those of you who do not care for us, we will work harder to improve. 

Have a great day and enjoy the season.

__________________
Fastpitch News

kkzc0s

Registered:
Posts: 183
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPN


Some of the comments are interesting and just low brow. But we are happy to address any questions.

The preseason AA team is based on actual stats and play. We also account for strength of schedule. So for many of you, if you take issue with who is on it and who is not, the stats are what they are. It is not a popularity contest for us. We do our best to make it based on stats and level of competition. As for Good, she did not play last year; this year "Preseason" was based on performance last year. Good did not play last year. 

As for those who wish to come on a public forum and trash us, that is fine. We respect all people and their opinion's. Feel free to contact me directly if you wish at support@fastpitchnews.com. I will then provide you with my number, and we can discuss concerns. Again for those of you who do not care for us, we will work harder to improve. 

Have a great day and enjoy the season.


Ok. I will be contacting you soon!!
CoachZ

Registered:
Posts: 884
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPN


Some of the comments are interesting and just low brow. But we are happy to address any questions.

The preseason AA team is based on actual stats and play. We also account for strength of schedule. So for many of you, if you take issue with who is on it and who is not, the stats are what they are. It is not a popularity contest for us. We do our best to make it based on stats and level of competition. As for Good, she did not play last year; this year "Preseason" was based on performance last year. Good did not play last year. 

As for those who wish to come on a public forum and trash us, that is fine. We respect all people and their opinion's. Feel free to contact me directly if you wish at support@fastpitchnews.com. I will then provide you with my number, and we can discuss concerns. Again for those of you who do not care for us, we will work harder to improve. 

Have a great day and enjoy the season.


Well said. 👍🏻
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 2,417
Reply with quote  #14 
FPN -  Could you shed some light on your pre-season picks (#10 through #12) and the exclusion of Kentucky..??

You guys had this...

10MichiganBig Ten 
11Arizona StatePac-12
12OregonPac-12

#10 seems a bit high for Michigan.
And the losses to the rosters of both Arizona State and Oregon (even at the time this poll was made)... 
seem to make them much weaker teams than they had been a year ago.

And where is Kentucky..?  Not among the top 25?
FPN

Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryLouisAaron
FPN -  Could you shed some light on your pre-season picks (#10 through #12) and the exclusion of Kentucky..??

You guys had this...

10MichiganBig Ten 
11Arizona StatePac-12
12OregonPac-12

#10 seems a bit high for Michigan.
And the losses to the rosters of both Arizona State and Oregon (even at the time this poll was made)... 
seem to make them much weaker teams than they had been a year ago.

And where is Kentucky..?  Not among the top 25?


Sure, I will start with Kentucky. Look at their entire year last year, not just the end of the season. They were 8-12 in conference play and look at some of their losses and who the loss too. Oregon, at the time we did it, still had a solid pitcher and some others that since have left. But if we were to do it again, they probably would be out of the top 25 based on what is left. Now, these rankings will most likely look very different after week one. Michigan may be, but they are a solid team and are coming off a solid season and return an excellent pitcher. ASU also brought in some good talent in our opinion.

The team we probably missed more on and will admit is Arkansas. But if you have followed our rankings, they are far more fluid than the coaches our USA. Some people like that, others do not. We are confident in them if you look at our last ranking before the NCAA tournament we had all 8 I believe. 

Thanks for the question.

__________________
Fastpitch News

PH2

Registered:
Posts: 807
Reply with quote  #16 
9 of UK's conference losses were to the 4 teams they don't play this year and who are replaced on their schedule by Mizzou, Ole Miss, Miss State, and Arkansas.  Three of the remaining teams they played from last year lost their #1 (and/or #2) pitchers.

They should have been ranked, even if you don't have them top 15/20.
FPN

Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH2
9 of UK's conference losses were to the 4 teams they don't play this year and who are replaced on their schedule by Mizzou, Ole Miss, Miss State, and Arkansas.  Three of the remaining teams they played from last year lost their #1 (and/or #2) pitchers.

They should have been ranked, even if you don't have them top 15/20.


Again, they are preseason and if they play well they will be. This is also why they change every week.

Thanks

__________________
Fastpitch News

Chester45

Registered:
Posts: 200
Reply with quote  #18 
I’m ok with middle tier SEC teams not being ranked. A lot of times they are over rated.
PH2

Registered:
Posts: 807
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPN


Again, they are preseason and if they play well they will be. This is also why they change every week.

Thanks


Well sure, all rankings - especially preseason - are meaningless, but a preseason ranking is not an end of season ranking.  So it's certainly possible that UK will disappoint this year, but 2 days before the season starts, they look to be better than last year (when they overachieved with a less certain pitching situation than they have now), and they have an easier conference schedule.  So not being ranked at all, at least to start the season, looks odd.  That's all.
FPN

Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH2


Well sure, all rankings - especially preseason - are meaningless, but a preseason ranking is not an end of season ranking.  So it's certainly possible that UK will disappoint this year, but 2 days before the season starts, they look to be better than last year (when they overachieved with a less certain pitching situation than they have now), and they have an easier conference schedule.  So not being ranked at all, at least to start the season, looks odd.  That's all.


I understand your point, I am not saying we are right either, I am just saying we are comfortable with it. We put a lot of work and time into them, do we miss? Yup, in the end, we feel like we get it close. 



__________________
Fastpitch News

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.