Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 5 of 6     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   Next
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,461
Reply with quote  #121 
Don't EVER negotiate with terrorists in a hostage situation. EVER. Do you know how many innocent people of ours have died because of that rock-solid policy? Fewer than would otherwise.

And, the block of one-seventh of one-third of the governing apparatus that is holding up these benefits to kids dying of cancer and vets trying to get to the WWII memorial are just that, terrorists.

It's like Jon Stewart said regarding his beloved Giants losing 31-7:

"You know what the Giants DIDN'T say? If you don't give us 25 more points by midnight on Monday, we will shut down the f*****g NFL. They didn't say that"


pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,040
Reply with quote  #122 
You're right Dewey.  Shameful to use children to advance your cause.  Just as shameful as showing someone pushing an elderly person in a wheelchair off a cliff.  Who would do such a horrible thing?

ForeverInBlue

Registered:
Posts: 9,889
Reply with quote  #123 
Harry Reid won't fund the NIH for political reasons.

Why should he save one child, when he has 1100 constituents on furlough from Nellis AFB?
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,461
Reply with quote  #124 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61
You're right Dewey.  Shameful to use children to advance your cause.  Just as shameful as showing someone pushing an elderly person in a wheelchair off a cliff.  Who would do such a horrible thing?

That was the Republican Death Panels from Palin and those Mensa members.... yep, I remember them
ForeverInBlue

Registered:
Posts: 9,889
Reply with quote  #125 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Don't EVER negotiate with terrorists in a hostage situation. EVER. Do you know how many innocent people of ours have died because of that rock-solid policy? Fewer than would otherwise.

And, the block of one-seventh of one-third of the governing apparatus that is holding up these benefits to kids dying of cancer and vets trying to get to the WWII memorial are just that, terrorists.

It's like Jon Stewart said regarding his beloved Giants losing 31-7:

"You know what the Giants DIDN'T say? If you don't give us 25 more points by midnight on Monday, we will shut down the f*****g NFL. They didn't say that"




Let's be honest here, the Giants are pretty much powerless, even by NFC East standards.

I wonder if Jon Stewart knows what right the House has to appropriate funds for the government? Because Harry Reid doesn't. Lmao
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,461
Reply with quote  #126 
One-seventh of one-third of the governmental apparatus is keeping kids from being treated for cancer.... unconscionable... especially now that 19 House Republicans are now on the record saying they would vote for the clean bill.

You know what that means? Boehner, all by himself, is denying those kids treatment by not bringing the measure up for vote.

He's not strong enough to keep doing this to those kids. I would love to be his whiskey distributor....
ForeverInBlue

Registered:
Posts: 9,889
Reply with quote  #127 
Boehner is passing a bill to fund the NIH. Reid and Dem Senate will block passage for funding.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,040
Reply with quote  #128 
Reid has said he wouldn't pass a bill to save one child because of the folks who are unable to work due to the shutdown.  It is Reid who is choosing to deny kids treatment.
ForeverInBlue

Registered:
Posts: 9,889
Reply with quote  #129 
The WH has issued a statement that Obama will veto a bill to fund NIH cancer studies for children.

# compassion
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,461
Reply with quote  #130 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverInBlue
Boehner is passing a bill to fund the NIH. Reid and Dem Senate will block passage for funding.
There are 20 House Republicans on the record to vote yes on the Senate bill. That would be a 220-213 vote.

I don't want to hear your crap about Harry Reid and the kids.

Every minute Boehner doesn't HOLD a vote, a kid may be dying.

Morons.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #131 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverInBlue
Boehner is passing a bill to fund the NIH. Reid and Dem Senate will block passage for funding.


The Senate has already passed a bill to fund the NIH.  The House won't let it come to a vote.  It's in the CR sent to them a couple days ago.  Just pass it already.  We could go back and forth like this forever.  Silly.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #132 
The GOP has chosen to take immigration reform off the table.  It seems they'll never learn. President Obama will have to encourage the American people to rise up and demand legislation.  This is an important issue which needs to be addressed.  Hopefully, the electorate will rise to the occasion.

It's my humble opinion Government has a role is to play in resolving various problems.  When large numbers of folks lose jobs, due to a financial crisis not of their doing, the Government has a role to help.  When millions have no access to preventive care or no access to health insurance, Government should play a role in helping. Same with immigration, gay rights, individual rights, etc.

Democrats believe in a Government willing to play a role.  Republicans want Government to stay out of the way.  This is a huge difference in philosophy and one voters should fully understand.  Under the last Republican Administration, things turned to disaster almost immediately.  It's no wonder the American public became disillusioned by their Government and, from the perspective of the GOP, so what. They don't want the public to see a productive and well run Government anyway as this will only encourage them to accept this role by their elected politicians.  The GOP seeks out control of power and/or gridlock in hopes of halting Government's progress in its ongoing attempt at resolving critical issues of our day.  Don't believe the "size of Government" debate of the day.  Our debates have little to do with the size of Government and much more to do with the role of Government.  I happen to think there is a very important role for Government and much good can be accomplished, (see post #1 in this thread).

The polls show a constituency extremely critical of their Government.  This tells me the vast majority want a Government that accomplishes things rather than one that stays out of the picture or helps Government fail at its job.  It's up to Americans to choose their position and vote accordingly.
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 2,234
Reply with quote  #133 
Dewey, naturally, polls will show what the pollster's agenda is and believe me, it has become apparent that many of these pollsters have agendas.  Are you sure that if all of America were polled about immigration that they would align with the left?  Not in my neck of the woods.  In fact, I'd say that there is a radical element here that would work to defeat any congressman who supports that. 
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #134 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachB25
  Are you sure that if all of America were polled about immigration that they would align with the left?  Not in my neck of the woods.  In fact, I'd say that there is a radical element here that would work to defeat any congressman who supports that. 


CoachB - I have no doubt you are correct.  I'm sharing a personal perspective that if we want Government to work to resolve the issues of the day, then Americans have to vote for the Party who believes Government can do some good.  If we want dysfunction, gridlock, disastrous results, and few solutions, vote for the Party that believes Government is undesirable.

I'm beginning to understand what some in the other thread mean by "failed" President.  A failed President is one who gets things done, things some people don't like.  A successful President would be one who convinced Americans Government was mostly a waste of space and incapable of solving problems.
ForeverInBlue

Registered:
Posts: 9,889
Reply with quote  #135 
Pfudor

keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,780
Reply with quote  #136 
excellent..long live PFUDOR
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,299
Reply with quote  #137 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
The GOP has chosen to take immigration reform off the table.  It seems they'll never learn. President Obama will have to encourage the American people to rise up and demand legislation.  This is an important issue which needs to be addressed.  Hopefully, the electorate will rise to the occasion.

It's my humble opinion Government has a role is to play in resolving various problems.  When large numbers of folks lose jobs, due to a financial crisis not of their doing, the Government has a role to help.  When millions have no access to preventive care or no access to health insurance, Government should play a role in helping. Same with immigration, gay rights, individual rights, etc.

Democrats believe in a Government willing to play a role.  Republicans want Government to stay out of the way.  This is a huge difference in philosophy and one voters should fully understand.  Under the last Republican Administration, things turned to disaster almost immediately.  It's no wonder the American public became disillusioned by their Government and, from the perspective of the GOP, so what. They don't want the public to see a productive and well run Government anyway as this will only encourage them to accept this role by their elected politicians.  The GOP seeks out control of power and/or gridlock in hopes of halting Government's progress in its ongoing attempt at resolving critical issues of our day.  Don't believe the "size of Government" debate of the day.  Our debates have little to do with the size of Government and much more to do with the role of Government.  I happen to think there is a very important role for Government and much good can be accomplished, (see post #1 in this thread).

The polls show a constituency extremely critical of their Government.  This tells me the vast majority want a Government that accomplishes things rather than one that stays out of the picture or helps Government fail at its job.  It's up to Americans to choose their position and vote accordingly.


Is immigration reform code for amnesty?  What is immigration reform?  At the end, don't all of the people who have come here illegally get citizenship?  Is there anything that discourages futures illegals from doing the same thing?  What exactly is the point of it?
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #138 
mikec - Two quick ones since I have to go.  We need put these people on record in order to collect the appropriate taxes and we need to stop business from encouraging them to come with their illegal hiring tactics.  Many reforms are in order.
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 2,234
Reply with quote  #139 
Dewey, if I might, I'd like to give you a definition of a successful President in my opinion.  A successful President is one that can see change even if it isn't necessarily supported by the left or right but change that is good for this country.  In doing so, said President finds ways to get people to overcome their agendas.  A successful President is not divisive.   They lead.  Naturally, that success would be graded in degrees by both sides and so is not concrete.  What has to happen for whomever is our next President is that they are going to have to stop attacking the opposition.  They are going to have to find tenants that both parties can agree on and then work for consensus. 

Can I ask this?  Isn't this what a successful coach does?  Sure, when I was a head coach, I could have been a dictator.  Instead, I gave them a vision and then helped my players get over their individual agendas for the good of the team.  In the end, the result was so many college scholarships.  Yet, during that time, it was often hard to get players and parents to understand. I had to refocus them on the vision.  Dewey, when 66% of the people of the country do not want something and you force it upon them without including the other party and then you later blame the other party for not working with you, it speaks of extreme hypocrisy.  When you tell Congress that you will spend money, create laws without them, you are not a leader.  When you attack one news station for criticism when every other news stations is bending over backwards acting as shills for your political party, then that is not leadership.  Heck, Dewey, the CBS station last night blamed the Republican Party for the Senate defeating the Immigration Bill.  In fact, our local station listed all of the Republicans who voted against the bill.  How convenient it was that they failed to mention that the Democrats have controlled the Senate for some time.  My Wife and I just laughed.  There is no legitimate journalism in the main stream media anymore. 
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #140 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachB25
...change that is good for this country.  



Those who serve no longer live in fear that their sexual orientation, if discovered, will lead to their dismissal.

Same sex couples who marry to get all the rights of traditional married couples.

All citizens given a right to purchase health insurance.

All citizens offered access to preventive care.

Removing our young men and women from the dangers of these two long and unpopular wars.

Kids brought to this Country illegally offered access to higher education.

Cutting deficits, cutting UE, adding jobs, increasing GDP.

Saving the auto industry.


I'm late so when I have time I'll list some more of the Obama changes that I think have been good for American citizens and this Country.  Please let me know three things the Bush's or Reagan did that would make your list.  If you say cut taxes and grew economy, please know Obama did the same in many instances.  In any event, make a list for Reagan like I just made and let's compare.  I gotta go now.



CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 2,234
Reply with quote  #141 
Dewey, I am sure you believe all that you posted is true.  It is not.  For example, he saved the UAW and not the auto industry.  In turn, he has saved them millions as he does everything he can to have them put off Obamacare.  He gets millions into his coffers for that as well.  The auto industry would have declared bankruptcy and then reworked those Union Contracts.  There would have still be cars made in America.  In fact, you could argue that what he did was save auto jobs in Mexico and China.  When you argue any and all insurance positions, a simple relaxation of the rules and regulations that stopped free market competition between companies based upon state lines would have taken care of everything including those that could not get insurance.  In the free market system, where there is a need, private business will provide the services.  Per his actions overseas and with our military, one could argue that we are now in more danger than at any point in this past decade if you want to argue that the Taliban is retaking ground and that our our efforts in Iraq have all been countered. 

Per kids from other countries getting an education, I know kids from America that don't get those opportunities.  I won't feel bad about those kids going back to THEIR COUNTRIES and having those monies go for American kids.  You see Dewey, the bleeding hearts seem to forget that we help the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT at the expense of Americans.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,780
Reply with quote  #142 
Quote:
 the bleeding hearts seem to forget that we help the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT at the expense of Americans


[redface] [eek]

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 2,234
Reply with quote  #143 
KIR, for some it might sound like I am anti immigrant.  It is just the opposite.  I am pro immigration if it is done in the legal fashion.  My Mother in Law, her sister and her Father were all immigrants from Lithuania.  My Mother in Law used to tell me all about "the old country" and how special we have it here.  She was as pro America as anyone I have ever seen.  My wife's other Grandfather spoke German instead of English because he was second generation from Germany.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,040
Reply with quote  #144 
Coach - Amen.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,780
Reply with quote  #145 
Coach, sorry but my emoticons were actually faces of support for your statement.  I am just glad people still have the gonads to state the obvious
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 2,234
Reply with quote  #146 
KIR, I understood that and made the previous post for those who might think I'm some type of hater.  I am not.  However, the borders of this country not only define our country, they define our laws and our sovereignty.   If they are dismissed, we are not a country.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #147 
CoachB - I suppose the debate on the auto industry will continue for years but I think my belief is significantly supported here.  But I guess we can toss that one if you don't agree and I'll add the banking reforms, changes to unfair lending practices, credit card laws, and housing crisis reforms, including foreclosure programs, as more examples of what President Obama has put forth to help this Country.

I think I could make a similar comment as pabar did regarding President Reagan and say we should all get on our knees and be thankful for the fact we didn't allow the banking industry to collapse, the auto industry to fail, and this economy to spiral into a complete depression that may have taken decades to recover from.  Similarly, I can almost guarantee some Americans get on their knees in thanks for now having access to preventive health care and/or health insurance.
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 5,123
Reply with quote  #148 
It wasn't the auto industry, it was GM.
There were other auto manufacturers that did not need bailing out for their poor business practices.
As far as amnesty, er, comprehensive immigration reform, our only problem is not enforcing the existing laws. We don't need reform, just enforcement. Of course the liberals need the reform code word to try and disguise the goal of legalizing millions and registering them to vote Democrat

__________________
#SCOTUS

pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,040
Reply with quote  #149 
Not sure where to put this so I put it here.

Dewey - I know how much you appreciate irony.  This one ought to make your day.

http://thepunditpress.com/2014/02/08/naacp-holding-rally-to-protest-voter-id-laws-photo-ids-required-to-attend/


keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,780
Reply with quote  #150 
All you happy democrats feel free to bang the drum in the appropriate thread. Dinger, that means you
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.